Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2011 3:18:08 PM EDT
I held off writing this thread to see if PSA would handle the problem on their own, but thus far it isn’t looking good.

The Story...

I purchased 2 uppers from PSA about 3 months ago: 1 16in carbine and their 16in Dissy.  I bought the dissy as a gift for my son-in-law.  We got them assembled and took them to the range and about 100 rds in, is rifle was short stroking.  After much troubleshooting he figured out it was the low-pro gas block.  Apparently the builder had forgotten to put loctite on the threads and the gas block was coming loose and allowing gas to escape at the block causing the short stroke issue.  At this point it is not a big deal.  People are human and I know PSA is pumping uppers right now like crazy.  

The problems started when we called PSA about the issue.  My son-in-law called 3 times over the course of a week and left 3 messages and got no call in return.  He e-mailed and nothing there either.  I called the credit card that I paid with and explained the situation.  At this point it had been 2 weeks and the issue was not resolved.  I decided to cancel the payment on that upper to see if that would get their attention.  Low and behold I got a call the very next day asking why I cancelled the payment. Go figure.  They had enough time to call and ask why they did not get their money, but couldn't find the time to call a customer back about a problem that was their (PSA's) fault to begin with.  We finally got in touch with an armorer after that and he was very nice and said he was sending a bottle of the thread lock and a little torque wrench to fix it.  Problem solved, right. NOT!!  

It has now been another 10 days and I have been told that the package has been shipped 3 different times.  Well at this point I'm fed up and I get calls everyday since I stopped the payment from a guy named Kyle who asks for their money.  I just keep telling him that PSA will get their money when we receive the package of thread lock and the torque wrench.  He called me today and told me that cancelling the payment is illegal. lol  When I laughed at him he got rude.  I am normally a calm person, but I got rude back and told if they just would've called us back and then done what they said they would, their would be no issue right now.  I'm a few days away from sending them both of their rifles back and going to Spikes or BCM or anywhere else.  I bought from them because I read the threads on how great the customer service is (was).  I guess I missed that awesome CS somehow.  I just thought everyone should know.  I’ll update the thread when something else happens.

broham

Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Paragraphs would help OP. I had a similar communication problem when I ordered a lower back when they were $50. I sent payment/FFL info to them checked the status a week later and nothing changed Called a few time's, then emailed. Told me to send FFL info I told them I sent it with my payment. That was the last email, and a couple days later it shipped
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I was expecting awesome CS.  Maybe I expected to much, but I think I was patient for long enough.  How are those paragraghs for ya.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd send the parts back and consider it a lesson learned, for both sides. i refuse to deal with places that have poor CS. FWIW I'm very happy with my BCM and have placed several orders with Bravo, even if i could find it cheaper I'd still rather give my buisness to BCM. Good luck and I hope it get resolved soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a shipipng issue during the first lower sale. I blew it off to high volume. A friend had the same issue, but his took 3 more weeks to ship. I have bought a lot of parts from them and all have been great.  It sounds like they have an issue with assembly QC and shipping.

This is starting to become a sad pattern with PSA. I am hearing of way to many issues:
Slow shipping (even when there are no sales)
slow CS
mis-assembled parts
M4 ramp mis-alignment
soft safety selectors

It sounds like they tried to grow to fast. I hope they resolve their issues, because the industry needs a competitive market.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like they can't handle their current sales volume.
Sorry to hear your experience was negative with them.
Can't go wrong with Spike Tactical or BCM.

By the way, what part of Florida are you from?
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, Hulley.  Yeah I'm thinking I should've just spent the extra $100 it would've cost for BCM.  The other upper does work perfect though.  I'm just still pissed about the CS.  The guy Kyle getting rude with me on the phone today was what got me thinking to just go elsewhere. I told him where he could put those rifles.  Not one of the better things to do, and prob inmature, but it made me feel better.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry your having issues with them. I have ordered some of there lowers and ammo in the past and had small issues with shipping but seems like thats common.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I assume the gas block issue was on the dissy? To see the problem you would have had to take the hand guards off.

Why didn't you just throw some Loctite on the threads at this time? Gas issue taken care of.

Seems like you could have saved yourself a lot of aggravation and time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I know PSA has been all the rage the last few months but this is why I've taken a wait and see attitude toward all of the hype. I still favor BCM whenever I can lay hands on their products.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I assume the gas block issue was on the dissy? To see the problem you would have had to take the hand guards off.

Why didn't you just throw some Loctite on the threads at this time? Gas issue taken care of.

I think because he is standing his ground and waiting for them to step-up to the plate and do what they should be doing. I can't say I blame him. If everyone who got a less than satisfactory product turned around and fixed it themselves QC would continue to slip. At least if a couple of people withhold some $$$ it might have an effect.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Bravo Co might not answer their phone, but if you email they will get back to you right away.
Send back the uppers and order some Bravos.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Flavor of the month is not so sweet anymore.  I keep reading about issues with them ,  I'll stay clear of them in the future, the customer service portion killed it for me.  If you have a product that has an issue and a unhappy customer, you take the time needed to correct the situation.  Sounds like they don't give two craps about you.   I have no doubt that if you cleared the payment, they would not help you or care.  I really dislike companies like that.  Sorry you had to be the guinea pig.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
The great companies will go out of their way to make things right. I recall back in '08 I bought a new Noveske 16" recon upper from DSG arms. The receiver had a purplish tint so I asked Noveske what to do about it. Sherry at Noveske said send it right back and they wanted to make sure their black rifles were black. They either reanodized the upper or put a new one on. Needless to say I was IMPRESSED!
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think because he is standing his ground and waiting for them to step-up to the plate and do what they should be doing. I can't say I blame him. If everyone who got a less than satisfactory product turned around and fixed it themselves QC would continue to slip. At least if a couple of people withhold some $$$ it might have an effect.  

C'mon, its a screw that needed a little loctite. Squeeze a little on the threads, slap the handguards back on, insert a mag. and go back to shooting and have some fun.

Lifes to short to get all agitated over such a trivial matter. I for one feel this is a non-issue.

This is the same type of personality who needs to get three quotes for an ice cream cone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The great companies will go out of their way to make things right. I recall back in '08 I bought a new Noveske 16" recon upper from DSG arms. The receiver had a purplish tint so I asked Noveske what to do about it. Sherry at Noveske said send it right back and they wanted to make sure their black rifles were black. They either reanodized the upper or put a new one on. Needless to say I was IMPRESSED!

+1
If you are able to spend a little more go Noveske. I just got my second one and they are top of the line.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like many different sides of PSA's customer service.
Some people have great experiences, and then ones like this.

I'm sure the PSA rep will be along shortly to clean this mess up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
If you are able to spend a little more go Noveske. I just got my second one and they are top of the line.

A little more???
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

C'mon, its a screw that needed a little loctite. Squeeze a little on the threads, slap the handguards back on, insert a mag. and go back to shooting and have some fun.

Lifes to short to get all agitated over such a trivial matter. I for one feel this is a non-issue.

This is the same type of personality who needs to get three quotes for an ice cream cone.

The gas system is the heart of an AR.
Maybe you better rethink the "its just a little screw" thought.

Maybe the OP or someone who's life depends on the rifle dies because his rifle jams, just squirt a little loctite in the bullet hole and call it good?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know me sir.  Keep your disrespectful comments to yourself please.  I am the fix it myself type and always have been, when fixing something is from normal where and tear or use, not a brand new product.  Like another post said, it's the point.  If you don't understand feel free to quit posting.  If you buy a brand new rifle you expect it to work properly without having to fix a QC issue yourself.  I obviously could've fixed it if I figured out the problem, but why should I?  I work hard for my money.  Maybe money grows on trees for you, but when I spend it I expect a perfect product in return.

broham
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

A little more???

When I add up what I spend on guns, ammo, and training in a year the difference between the price of a PSA and a Noveske is not the big expense at all.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#21]
send the non-working 1 back.. keep the working one..

my PSA 16" upper ran like a machine.. 100% with 0 issues..

the only CS issues lately besides small missing parts, have been the lack of shipping notices when your order ships..  

not so bad, but if you've got 2000 rounds of ammo coming in... I'd like to know what day so I don't have my 70yo mom hefting it into the house..

don't expect any CS during a sale.. just order and wait.. don't be in a RUSH to build..

overall, PSA has worked VERY well for me and several others...

if I were to sell lets say 2000 'epsgunner' uppers in like 4 days.. and other parts too.. heck yeah.. your gonna wait brother..

these CS issues with PSA pop-up like once every 2-3 weeks..

they should have however responded sooner.. either with email or a call back..

Link Posted: 10/17/2011 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like PSA still has terrible customer service.  You did get immediate attention after cancelling the paymentt.  I've been holding off on purchasing two uppers and two department carbines.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope they get things figured out or they will go the way of CMMG.
Link Posted: 10/17/2011 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Not a technical discussion. Please repost this somewhere more appropriate outside of the technical forums.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top