Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/25/2011 8:31:16 PM EDT
Ive wanted an AR/M4 for a long time, so i finally laid down the cash for it Friday, but can't pick it up til Oct 4th. (Damn 10 day waiting period). It's not the kit, but the fully assembled platform.

In the meantime, I'd love to see pics from those of you with Del-Tons, and your opinions of the best ammo and mods for this rifle.

So far I've picked up the Magpul flip sights, UTG quad rail, and the Burris AR-332.

*EDITED 10/12/11*

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y362/mheideman77/IMG_1738.jpg
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You have money for an enotech but buy a utg rail? I have heard some poeple say they are good if you are straped, but I would want my high end sights to be held up buy high end rails. Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as ammo goes, Delton voids their warranty if you use steel cased. Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll be happy with your Delton. They're gtg.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:09:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Return the rail. Mount the EOTech on the receiver. Buy a Magpul MOE handguard and MVG grip if you want the forward grip. Can add a short rail section to the MOE handguard if you want to attach a light or something.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
<Off-topic comment removed - Z>

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Return the rail. Mount the EOTech on the receiver. Buy a Magpul MOE handguard and MVG grip if you want the forward grip. Can add a short rail section to the MOE handguard if you want to attach a light or something.

+1 on that.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, I also have the UTG rail, its nice and works FINE. If you were going to Iraq you might need something else but for recreational use.  Its fine IMO
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Del-Ton is the best kept secret in the industry.  Quality rifle at very low price.  I built one and am looking to build two more.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Removed post
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's mine:

Del-Ton A2 upper w/ 16" HBAR DTI
DPMS Lower
A2 stock (now wears a collapsible stock

When I first got it about 5 years ago, it was having alot of problems with stovepipes and FTE's using all types of commercial .223 and 5.56.  I sent it back and the tech found that the gas port was too small.  It was enlarged and it has run flawless for nearly 3-4k of whatever I feed it.  The only issue now (and its not really an issue) is that there is a small leak in the FSB but it has not altered the function.  Turn around for the repairs was about a week.

Del-Ton is a well kept secret and if they had what I'm looking for (Gov't profile, mid length with a perm. weld 14.5" barrel), I'd buy my current project from them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Removed post
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
An eotech on a del-ton?

Shoulda saved your money and gotten a primary arms or other knockoff if you were going to go with a consumer grade rifle.

Please elaborate on why you feel this way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

An eotech on a del-ton?

Shoulda saved your money and gotten a primary arms or other knockoff if you were going to go with a consumer grade rifle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is del-ton not mil-spec?

I don't own one.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
An eotech on a del-ton?

Please elaborate on why you feel this way.

Yes, please elaborate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I suppose if you want to pay more for a significantly longer lead time, non mil-spec item from DTI/Del-ton than someone like PSA, feel free.  From what I read on here, not only can I build the PSA gun cheaper, but faster and have a more duty ready weapon when complete.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Well, I suppose if you want to pay more for a significantly longer lead time, non mil-spec item from DTI/Del-ton than someone like PSA, feel free.  From what I read on here, not only can I build the PSA gun cheaper, but faster and have a more duty ready weapon when complete.

And that's your reasoning for not putting an Eotech on a Del-ton rifle? Just as I thought, you're just talking with no good reasoning to back up your statements.

I don't own anything from either Del-Ton or Palmetto, but I wonder where you were in all the recent threads about Palmetto rifles with canted sight bases, misaligned feed ramps, FTE's, etc. I'm not talking down on Palmetto, but rather pointing out how you're making nonsense statements.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Your mouth is moving, and spewing shit, but you have not provided any information or facts to back up your claims.

This would be your second post, each of which further destroys your credibility.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#19]
del-ton.. don't fret.. i have plenty friends with del-ton rifles.. they function perfectly well.  

Quoted:
Just wanted to get a few things out there...
Steel ammo DOES NOT void our warranty.  We changed our policy on that a long while back!

Also, we've done quite a few things in the past year to upgrade our rifles, parts and accessories...
- All flat tops have the extended M4 feed ramps
- All bolts are MP/HP tested
- If you order an upper or rifle with a flat top, it will have an F Marked front sight base
- Our carriers are properly staked, and sealed
- All barrels are parkarized under the gas block
- We only use taper pins on our barrels
- All barrels are made of Chrome Moly Vanadium. CMV is an upgrade from the standard chrome moly. We also have the option to chrome line the barrels, or not, and you can chose a 1x7 twist or a 1x9 twist on most profiles.
We offer all of these options to you, as the consumer, so you can chose what you'd like. We don't tell you the options, we let you decide exactly what you'd like.
- As always, each and every upper or rifle that leaves here has been test fired, not a single one leaves the place without having that done

So, we think you'll be VERY happy with your upper!  And as always, please let us know if you have any questions!
Kassandra

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
An eotech on a del-ton?

What makes Del-Ton "consumer grade?"
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do you even know what your talking about?!?
The Del-Ton I bought isnt a kit, but a complete rifle that IS mil-spec, and in stock at my local gun store, which I get to pick up in 8 days.

I posted this thread to hear from those that own one, not people that want to talk trash on what I CHOSE, and paid for with MY MONEY. I never made any indication that a Del-Ton is any better or worse than another brand. If you don't own one, I couldn't care less about 'what you think or heard'.

Maybe I need to look for another forum....
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#22]
He's my "Consumer Grade"   mid length I built over 5 years ago. I haven't had any problems

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's your reasoning for not putting an Eotech on a Del-ton rifle? Just as I thought, you're just talking with no good reasoning to back up your statements.

I don't own anything from either Del-Ton or Palmetto, but I wonder where you were in all the recent threads about Palmetto rifles with canted sight bases, misaligned feed ramps, FTE's, etc. I'm not talking down on Palmetto, but rather pointing out how you're making nonsense statements.

ETA: Do us all a favor....Log out, and don't log back in.

I own both PSA and Del-Ton.
The Del-Ton costs less and is only of slightly lower quality than PSA (which is to say that both are solid mil-spec rifles I would trust my life to).
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you even know what your talking about?!?

No, he doesn't.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The Del-Ton costs less and is only of slightly lower quality than PSA (which is to say that both are solid mil-spec rifles I would trust my life to).
Can you back that up with facts, or are you 'feeling' that way like the other guy?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you back that up with facts, or are you 'feeling' that way like the other guy?

How am I supposed to base first hand opinion (I own both) on facts?
I think you are still worked up from that other fool. I own both, I respect Del-Ton.  I respect PSA.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are still worked up from that other fool. I own both, I respect Del-Ton.  I respect PSA.

Yea, you are right.

I need to cool off.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, you are right.

I need to cool off.

It's okay, my friend.  What he said was foolish.  I have long since given up vigorously defending Del-Ton.  Anyone who has made use of their products KNOWS the quality.  Let the parrots keep on squawking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ive wanted an AR/M4 for a long time, so i finally laid down the cash for it Friday, but can't pick it up til Oct 4th. (Damn 10 day waiting period). It's not the kit, but the fully assembled platform.

In the meantime, I'd love to see pics from those of you with Del-Tons, and your opinions of the best ammo and mods for this rifle.

So far I've picked up the Magpul flip sights, UTG quad rail, and an EOTech XPS2. Once the credit card gets paid off from these purchases, I'm planning on getting the EOTech GT3 flip scope.

OP, congratulations on your purchase.  I have a Del-Ton 16" carbine and it is a great rifle. The only ammo related issues I've had is twice while shooting wolf, the bolt didn't lock back. But that's wolf, and it will shoot lake city ammo all day long with zero problems. Wish I could afford an Eotech, those things are sweet!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#30]
My Del-Ton has been a fantastic weapon, it's my do everything rifle. I've put 1000+ rounds through it since I got it in late March without issue.
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff429/Funnotfast/SprintPhoto_bi5hfr.jpg
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Del-Ton is the best kept secret in the industry.  Quality rifle at very low price.  I built one and am looking to build two more.

Del-Ton upper:
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Boy, this started to go downhill fast.

I don't see anything wrong with a DelTon. I was *this* close to ordering one of the lightweight mid-carbines but the supposed 3 month wait and finding an unfired RRA on the EE changed my mind.

To the OP - I thought you went with the rail for attaching grips and other stuff. I care for rails about as much as you care for vertical grips.  I just figured the MOE would give you a normal handguard with the ability to add a few rails as needed.

10 day wait must suck. When you pick it up, have them send paperwork to AIM or PSA and order you in a few lowers to have sitting around so you can build your next one in a few weeks without having to wait.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When you pick it up, have them send paperwork to AIM or PSA and order you in a few lowers to have sitting around so you can build your next one in a few weeks without having to wait.

Haha, oh the wisdom in this sentence!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
As far as ammo goes, Delton voids their warranty if you use steel cased. Just an FYI.

Nevermind. Saw it was already answered by them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#35]
sorry no pic yet, but I got my Delton upper this May, put it on a RRA lower.  Magpul handguards and PA red dot.  400 rounds plus 20 rounds of Tula and it's been great.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, to the tough guys in here, I HAVE owned a Delton before and it felt like a DPMS...  Yeah some of the finish was nice and smooth but it was clearly not a good reliable weapon.  Jammed with regularity unless I fed it pricey brass.

PSA eats the shitty steel-case stuff with ease.

Unless I got a bad DTI, or they've stepped up the game significantly, I rank them with DPMS.  Add in the ridiculous wait time and they're not even a contender to me.<Off-topic comment removed - Z>

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I have two Deltons and each has been 100% reliable.

The only people who bad mouth Delton rifles are those who have NEVER OWNED ONE. Some people just can't equate affordable price with quality product.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, to the tough guys in here, I HAVE owned a Delton before and it felt like a DPMS...  Yeah some of the finish was nice and smooth but it was clearly not a good reliable weapon.  Jammed with regularity unless I fed it pricey brass.

Unless I got a bad DTI, or they've stepped up the game significantly, I rank them with DPMS.  Add in the ridiculous wait time and they're not even a contender to me.  And lol @ the OP going 'This is a COMPLETE RIFLE' like it adds some credibility.  All that tells me is that you're scared to run a roll pin punch.  Do you pay someone to change your oil and think it's better?

Sorry your credibility goes down fast when the personal attacks begin.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Unless I got a bad DTI, or they've stepped up the game significantly, I rank them with DPMS.  Add in the ridiculous wait time and they're not even a contender to me.  And lol @ the OP going 'This is a COMPLETE RIFLE' like it adds some credibility.  All that tells me is that you're scared to run a roll pin punch.  Do you pay someone to change your oil and think it's better?

So just because the rifle you had didn't like steel-cased ammo, that makes the manufacturer crap? Have you not seen the threads here where members have posted that their BCM rifles won't cycle steel? What do you have to say about that? Did you jump in those threads and call BCM and bad manufacturer? <Off-topic comment removed - Z>

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Be excited about your new rifle OP and post pics when it comes in. Oh yeah range report too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Did anybody mention we rarely speak with one voice here?
Have fun with your new rifle.

About the best bang for your buck with a rock solid guarantee of putting a smile on your face is a rimfire conversion

Everybody hates the man but Ceiners are the old standby,CMMG is the new guy on the block (with a slicker finish).Pick one!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Unless I got a bad DTI, or they've stepped up the game significantly, I rank them with DPMS.  Add in the ridiculous wait time and they're not even a contender to me.<Off-topic comment removed - Z>

Some people should learn what a tech forum is about around here.

OP your DTI will serve you well, I know two guys who  both use their uppers for magdumping fun with their Class 3 stuff. It works and holds up very well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I own a DTI A2 16" carbine..no major issues at all..and the only issue was the forward assist rollpin came about halfway out during a 200 round shoot.

Not sure just why the rollpin came out..'cause it tapped back in tight and has stayed put fine. I suspect the rollpin was sticking out when I bought the gun new...and I didn't notice it until several hundred rounds later when it came out further.

I was originaly somewhat disappointed in the accuracy..but soon discovered that my shooting habits sucks..and cheap ball ammo sucks for accuracy too. Better technique and better ammo(Black Hills ball) and the DTI shoots fine.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I am ready foe a Del Ton .308
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Removed post
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I've been wanting to play with the Dissy concept without spending a ton. Del-Ton has
the Barrel and FSB for $154.00. I have the rest of the stuff, so that's all I would need.

I figure buy it, shoot the shit out of it, and if I like the feel, buy a high end one, or
from what some of you guys are saying, just stay with it.

kz
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Been extremely pleased with my Del-Ton M4 profiled upper, CL in 1x9. Just passed the 1100rd mark, never had a failure, and I primarily shoot steel case Tula or Wolf. I did plan on shooting mainly steel case when I bought it, so I upgraded my extractor with a BCM kit (spring, insert and "donut").  I bought this before they started using MP/HP bolts.  I have a shooting buddy with a Del-Ton middy and he has been extremely pleased with his as well. Fit and finish seems on par with the RRA's I've handled and dare I say a little nicer around the edges than my brother's DPMS. This is all subjective of course, but I'm happy with my Del-Ton product!

Old pic, she now sports an A2 Carry-Handle and a MOE stock, feels much lighter and faster! Now I'll just have to build a second rifle as a home for the MBUS, ACS stock and red-dot...

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/tkdkracker007/Firearms/ADAMAR003.jpg
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top