Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 5
Author
Posted: 9/26/2011 12:31:16 AM
[Last Edit: 10/12/2011 5:15:15 PM by mah77]
Ive wanted an AR/M4 for a long time, so i finally laid down the cash for it Friday, but can't pick it up til Oct 4th. (Damn 10 day waiting period). It's not the kit, but the fully assembled platform.

In the meantime, I'd love to see pics from those of you with Del-Tons, and your opinions of the best ammo and mods for this rifle.

So far I've picked up the Magpul flip sights, UTG quad rail, and the Burris AR-332.

*EDITED 10/12/11*

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y362/mheideman77/IMG_1738.jpg
bigking1134
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:07:24 AM
You have money for an enotech but buy a utg rail? I have heard some poeple say they are good if you are straped, but I would want my high end sights to be held up buy high end rails. Just my 2 cents
DanNH
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:14:52 AM
As far as ammo goes, Delton voids their warranty if you use steel cased. Just an FYI.
wagonwheel1
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 6:17:25 AM
You'll be happy with your Delton. They're gtg.
k80clay
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:09:32 AM
Return the rail. Mount the EOTech on the receiver. Buy a Magpul MOE handguard and MVG grip if you want the forward grip. Can add a short rail section to the MOE handguard if you want to attach a light or something.
rbrooks
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:41:01 AM
[Last Edit: 9/26/2011 8:45:45 PM by Zhukov]
<Off-topic comment removed - Z>
Asians.
boogerwolf
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:44:16 AM
Originally Posted By k80clay:
Return the rail. Mount the EOTech on the receiver. Buy a Magpul MOE handguard and MVG grip if you want the forward grip. Can add a short rail section to the MOE handguard if you want to attach a light or something.

+1 on that.
Del-Ton
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:54:05 AM
Just wanted to get a few things out there...
Steel ammo DOES NOT void our warranty. We changed our policy on that a long while back!

Also, we've done quite a few things in the past year to upgrade our rifles, parts and accessories...
- All flat tops have the extended M4 feed ramps
- All bolts are MP/HP tested
- If you order an upper or rifle with a flat top, it will have an F Marked front sight base
- Our carriers are properly staked, and sealed
- All barrels are parkarized under the gas block
- We only use taper pins on our barrels
- All barrels are made of Chrome Moly Vanadium. CMV is an upgrade from the standard chrome moly. We also have the option to chrome line the barrels, or not, and you can chose a 1x7 twist or a 1x9 twist on most profiles.
We offer all of these options to you, as the consumer, so you can chose what you'd like. We don't tell you the options, we let you decide exactly what you'd like.
- As always, each and every upper or rifle that leaves here has been test fired, not a single one leaves the place without having that done

So, we think you'll be VERY happy with your upper! And as always, please let us know if you have any questions!
Kassandra
steelejones
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 8:59:39 AM
OP, I also have the UTG rail, its nice and works FINE. If you were going to Iraq you might need something else but for recreational use. Its fine IMO
SIPCAT-C
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 9:26:14 AM
Del-Ton is the best kept secret in the industry. Quality rifle at very low price. I built one and am looking to build two more.
mah77
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 10:54:34 AM
[Last Edit: 10/17/2011 10:22:04 PM by mah77]
Removed post
dispatch55126
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:12:31 AM
Here's mine:

Del-Ton A2 upper w/ 16" HBAR DTI
DPMS Lower
A2 stock (now wears a collapsible stock

When I first got it about 5 years ago, it was having alot of problems with stovepipes and FTE's using all types of commercial .223 and 5.56. I sent it back and the tech found that the gas port was too small. It was enlarged and it has run flawless for nearly 3-4k of whatever I feed it. The only issue now (and its not really an issue) is that there is a small leak in the FSB but it has not altered the function. Turn around for the repairs was about a week.

Del-Ton is a well kept secret and if they had what I'm looking for (Gov't profile, mid length with a perm. weld 14.5" barrel), I'd buy my current project from them.
mah77
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:47:54 AM
[Last Edit: 10/17/2011 10:22:20 PM by mah77]
Removed post
86HMMWV
AR-15/M16 junkie
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 1:15:19 PM
Originally Posted By rbrooks:
An eotech on a del-ton?

Shoulda saved your money and gotten a primary arms or other knockoff if you were going to go with a consumer grade rifle.

Please elaborate on why you feel this way.
Life ain't hard, but it's too long to live it like some country song.

Georgia Texas on my mind

MoS #4
bcauz3y
I'm a Tactical penguin
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 1:17:57 PM

An eotech on a del-ton?

Shoulda saved your money and gotten a primary arms or other knockoff if you were going to go with a consumer grade rifle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is del-ton not mil-spec?

I don't own one.
Balls and a Dirty Dildo? Seriously?
beaverpelt
I'll cut you up the middle.
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 1:23:51 PM
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:
An eotech on a del-ton?

Please elaborate on why you feel this way.

Yes, please elaborate.
rbrooks
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:05:54 PM
Well, I suppose if you want to pay more for a significantly longer lead time, non mil-spec item from DTI/Del-ton than someone like PSA, feel free. From what I read on here, not only can I build the PSA gun cheaper, but faster and have a more duty ready weapon when complete.
Asians.
86HMMWV
AR-15/M16 junkie
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:12:22 PM
[Last Edit: 9/26/2011 8:46:04 PM by Zhukov]
Well, I suppose if you want to pay more for a significantly longer lead time, non mil-spec item from DTI/Del-ton than someone like PSA, feel free. From what I read on here, not only can I build the PSA gun cheaper, but faster and have a more duty ready weapon when complete.

And that's your reasoning for not putting an Eotech on a Del-ton rifle? Just as I thought, you're just talking with no good reasoning to back up your statements.

I don't own anything from either Del-Ton or Palmetto, but I wonder where you were in all the recent threads about Palmetto rifles with canted sight bases, misaligned feed ramps, FTE's, etc. I'm not talking down on Palmetto, but rather pointing out how you're making nonsense statements.

<Off-topic comment removed - Z>
Life ain't hard, but it's too long to live it like some country song.

Georgia Texas on my mind

MoS #4
bcauz3y
I'm a Tactical penguin
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:19:59 PM

Your mouth is moving, and spewing shit, but you have not provided any information or facts to back up your claims.

This would be your second post, each of which further destroys your credibility.

dogbutter99
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:20:32 PM
del-ton.. don't fret.. i have plenty friends with del-ton rifles.. they function perfectly well.

Originally Posted By Del-Ton:
Just wanted to get a few things out there...
Steel ammo DOES NOT void our warranty. We changed our policy on that a long while back!

Also, we've done quite a few things in the past year to upgrade our rifles, parts and accessories...
- All flat tops have the extended M4 feed ramps
- All bolts are MP/HP tested
- If you order an upper or rifle with a flat top, it will have an F Marked front sight base
- Our carriers are properly staked, and sealed
- All barrels are parkarized under the gas block
- We only use taper pins on our barrels
- All barrels are made of Chrome Moly Vanadium. CMV is an upgrade from the standard chrome moly. We also have the option to chrome line the barrels, or not, and you can chose a 1x7 twist or a 1x9 twist on most profiles.
We offer all of these options to you, as the consumer, so you can chose what you'd like. We don't tell you the options, we let you decide exactly what you'd like.
- As always, each and every upper or rifle that leaves here has been test fired, not a single one leaves the place without having that done

So, we think you'll be VERY happy with your upper! And as always, please let us know if you have any questions!
Kassandra

JPComanche
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:20:33 PM
An eotech on a del-ton?

What makes Del-Ton "consumer grade?"
mah77
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:22:02 PM
[Last Edit: 9/26/2011 2:41:56 PM by mah77]

Do you even know what your talking about?!?
The Del-Ton I bought isnt a kit, but a complete rifle that IS mil-spec, and in stock at my local gun store, which I get to pick up in 8 days.

I posted this thread to hear from those that own one, not people that want to talk trash on what I CHOSE, and paid for with MY MONEY. I never made any indication that a Del-Ton is any better or worse than another brand. If you don't own one, I couldn't care less about 'what you think or heard'.

Maybe I need to look for another forum....
dphill
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:22:32 PM
He's my "Consumer Grade" mid length I built over 5 years ago. I haven't had any problems

SIPCAT-C
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:23:10 PM
[Last Edit: 9/26/2011 2:24:26 PM by SIPCAT-C]
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:

And that's your reasoning for not putting an Eotech on a Del-ton rifle? Just as I thought, you're just talking with no good reasoning to back up your statements.

I don't own anything from either Del-Ton or Palmetto, but I wonder where you were in all the recent threads about Palmetto rifles with canted sight bases, misaligned feed ramps, FTE's, etc. I'm not talking down on Palmetto, but rather pointing out how you're making nonsense statements.

ETA: Do us all a favor....Log out, and don't log back in.

I own both PSA and Del-Ton.
The Del-Ton costs less and is only of slightly lower quality than PSA (which is to say that both are solid mil-spec rifles I would trust my life to).
bcauz3y
I'm a Tactical penguin
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:24:13 PM

Originally Posted By mah77:

Do you even know what your talking about?!?

No, he doesn't.

bcauz3y
I'm a Tactical penguin
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2011 2:24:55 PM

Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

The Del-Ton costs less and is only of slightly lower quality than PSA (which is to say that both are solid mil-spec rifles I would trust my life to).
Can you back that up with facts, or are you 'feeling' that way like the other guy?

Previous Page
Page:  / 5
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED