BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2011 12:30:51 AM EDT

The new Vltor TS3 Tactical Sporter Carbine

Seen it on September 13th, 2011, History Channel’s Top Shot the new Vltor TS3 Tactical Sporter Carbine.

Basic Features of the VLTOR TS3 Carbine:

• Vltor TS3 Lower Receiver featuring a beveled magazine-well, large button magazine release and three-position, quick-detachable single-point sling mount.

• Vltor VIS-2A-AK polylithic/free float upper receiver assembly with 10-inch rail section and bolt assist.

• EMod w/A5 Enhancement Kit (Enhanced Modstock) featuring integral rubber buttpad, multiple sling attachments and storage for up to eight AA-batteries or nine-3 volt lithium batteries. A5 receiver extension offers seven different stock placements.

• Noveske hammer forged, chrome lined, 15-inch, 1-7 inch twist barrel with mid-length gas system.

• Vltor Compensator (VC-A1) permanently attached to the barrel, making the barrel length a legal 16.25 inch barrel.

• Bravo Company USA, Gunfighter Charging Handle (BCM-GFH-556-MOD4) designed by Vltor.

• TangoDown SCAR Rail Panels and BattleGrip (BG-16)

• Diamondhead USA, Flip-Up “Classic” Combat Sights

Style: M4 type carbine with extreme enhancements
Colors:    Black on black
Weight: 7 lbs. 7 oz
Overall length (stock collapsed):32.5 inches
Overall length (stock extended):36.5 inches
LOP (stock collapsed): 11.5 inches
LOP (stocks fully extended): 14.75 (7-positions total between extended and collapsed)
Caliber: 5.56 NATO
Barrel: Noveske Medium contour, 15-inch Chrome-Line Hammer-forged with a pinned on Vltor VC-A1 “A1” type compensator (barrel length is a legal 16.25 inches)
Sight Distance: 15 inches
Fire Control Group: Standard “G.I.” type

Retail price: $2,495

What do you guys think, all the features and weight looks pretty good, the only thing is the high price.

Ref:  http://www.vltor.com/ts3carbine.html

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought this was a pretty awesome weapon, very similar to the AR in looks and functionality.  However, a lot of those guys, self-professed "expert marksmen" missed the targets multiple times.  Some of this I attribute to a new firearm; however, a couple of the guys were dead-bang on target within seconds after picking the weapon up from the platform.

I know through the power of television, magical things seem to happen, but I wonder about the accuracy.  

And you're right, the price is prohibitively high, at least for now. Just wait til the Chinese or Germans start mass producing these.  :)
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You know I love VLTOR... and I was surprised when I saw that on the show tonight.  VLTOR makes the BEST stocks IMO...  But that right there... meh.

For a cool grand more than a PredatAR.... why?  

I expect the PredatAR shoots better. Is lighter. Doesn't have a big ol cheese grater rail on it.  Better trigger.  

Meh... I am a huge VLTOR fan but honestly they need to step it up a bit more lately... there are so many things they could be doing right now to better their product line and keep a firm grip on being a industry leader.  

So many EASY things they could be doing.  But they just aren't... I don't understand why.  

I will still buy Imods.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 1:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not seeing $2500 worth of rifle, but that's just me
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

nope, not just you. I'm not seeing it either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 3:46:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty rifle, but the price point is way to high.

Yep, I wouldnt pay more than the price of a Noveske N4.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not even close.  Some are really cashing in on how much people will pay for a "designer" AR.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 3:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
That looks like a $1600 rifle right there. Beautiful, but too rich for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought this was a pretty awesome weapon, very similar to the AR in looks and functionality.  However, a lot of those guys, self-professed "expert marksmen" missed the targets multiple times.  Some of this I attribute to a new firearm; however, a couple of the guys were dead-bang on target within seconds after picking the weapon up from the platform.

I know through the power of television, magical things seem to happen, but I wonder about the accuracy.  

And you're right, the price is prohibitively high, at least for now. Just wait til the Chinese or Germans start mass producing these.  :)

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#10]
2,400... You wont see this one in my safe !
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 4:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]
For $1,600 I would consider it. For $2,400 I can get a OBR lite modded to my specs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:00:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed, and at the price point it's unacceptable to have a shitty trigger, a cheap flash hider, and it's a DI gun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, and at the price point it's unacceptable to have a shitty trigger, a cheap flash hider, and it's a DI gun.

this is a good thing to me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:13:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I love Vltor products but like the others I'm having a hard time seeing where the $2500 comes from. I'd like someone to break down the components to see what price we get.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I too saw it on Top Shot last night and thought it looked pretty good. I also noticed that so many of the guys were having accuracy issues. I wonder if someone zeroed the rifles incorrectly or the unfamiliar rifle combined with the pressure just got to them.

Considering a DD M4 is $1366, this has Diamondhead sights, a few nice upgrades, and a Noveske barrel, I agree with most others here that it's a solid $1600 rifle. For $2500, they're smoking crack. I think the complete lower was advertised a little while back at ~ $700. And you're not even getting a match trigger.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, that's a pricey rifle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I really, really like it.  The price is crazy, but maybe they have to pay for the TV advertising.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

???????????????????????????????????????

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://www.vltor.com/images/ts3/HomeTS3-Lg.jpg
The new Vltor TS3 Tactical Sporter Carbine

Seen it on September 13th, 2011, History Channel’s Top Shot the new Vltor TS3 Tactical Sporter Carbine.

Basic Features of the VLTOR TS3 Carbine:

• Vltor TS3 Lower Receiver featuring a beveled magazine-well, large button magazine release and three-position, quick-detachable single-point sling mount.

• Vltor VIS-2A-AK polylithic/free float upper receiver assembly with 10-inch rail section and bolt assist.

• EMod w/A5 Enhancement Kit (Enhanced Modstock) featuring integral rubber buttpad, multiple sling attachments and storage for up to eight AA-batteries or nine-3 volt lithium batteries. A5 receiver extension offers seven different stock placements.

• Noveske hammer forged, chrome lined, 15-inch, 1-7 inch twist barrel with mid-length gas system.

• Vltor Compensator (VC-A1) permanently attached to the barrel, making the barrel length a legal 16.25 inch barrel.

• Bravo Company USA, Gunfighter Charging Handle (BCM-GFH-556-MOD4) designed by Vltor.

• TangoDown SCAR Rail Panels and BattleGrip (BG-16)

• Diamondhead USA, Flip-Up “Classic” Combat Sights

Style: M4 type carbine with extreme enhancements
Colors:    Black on black
Weight: 7 lbs. 7 oz
Overall length (stock collapsed):32.5 inches
Overall length (stock extended):36.5 inches
LOP (stock collapsed): 11.5 inches
LOP (stocks fully extended): 14.75 (7-positions total between extended and collapsed)
Caliber: 5.56 NATO
Barrel: Noveske Medium contour, 15-inch Chrome-Line Hammer-forged with a pinned on Vltor VC-A1 “A1” type compensator (barrel length is a legal 16.25 inches)
Sight Distance: 15 inches
Fire Control Group: Standard “G.I.” type

Retail price: $2,495

What do you guys think, all the features and weight looks pretty good, the only thing is the high price.

Ref:  http://www.vltor.com/ts3carbine.html

$2,500???????  Smoking crack!!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Piecing it together from Rainier Arms:
Vltor Lower
Vltor EMod
Vltor VIS 10"
Vltor 2.1" flash hider
Noveske afghan 14.5" mid-length (with low pro gas block)
Mid-length gas tube
BCM/Vltor gunfighter charging handle
LMT full-auto BCG
Troy front and rear folding battlesights
Tango down battle grip
3 Tango down rail panels
$2,090

Differences are:
No A5 receiver extension since the vltor lower comes with a receiver extension
14.5"+2.1" vs 15"+1.something" barrel
LMT vs ?? BCG
Troy vs Diamondhead folding sights
An extra pistol grip
$405
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if this comes with the same 'we threw a generic trigger in there because we figured everyone would replace it anyway' trigger that came in their lowers
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wonder if this comes with the same 'we threw a generic trigger in there because we figured everyone would replace it anyway' trigger that came in their lowers

Would have been nice if it came with a Geissele trigger of some sort and a trigger guard.

At that point, all you really need is a sling, light, and optics...
Wait, so what are you really getting for $2,500?
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#23]
The LaRue OBR was also shown at that Top Shot show, remember where both teams went up the pole to reach the shooting platforms.

The closest comparable with this are the Noveske 16" Light Recce with Vltor VIS rifle upper at $2,450.

The Noveske are also pricey, differences are the noted Noveske model have 16" LW barrel, Blackout FS, 12" rails, Troy BUIS, gen 2 large magwell lower receiver, Noveske QD end plate - staked, 6 pos mil-spec receiver extension, Vltor IMOD carbine stock, MOE grip and about a quarter pound lighter.

Someone could also put together a LMT MRP with rifle length upper receiver with their 16" barrel at a lower cost, also a Vltor A5 stock kit could be used if desired.

I also agree with the others that the LaRue PredatAR is more affordable even if it doesn't have an integrated railed upper receiver.

At the opposite upper end the Christensen Arms CA-15 Recon piston with carbon fiber reinforced barrel and CF railed handguard at $2,995, ouch.

I'm sure there are other setup that could be pieced together using high quality components at a lot lower prices, let us know if you have any ideas.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I really hated on top shot how they acted like it was such a great leap forward in technology, when it clearly isn't.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's new, give him a break
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is a good thing to me.

You cant reason with people who believe the media and hk promotional videos about pistons

Di is how the ar should be and its a great system
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I like it but way too expensive.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I love AR's, but for the price of this thing, one could custom build a few.  VLTOR how about bringing out something else that no one else is building.   How about a Bren Ten!
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Other than the A5 extension, I agree that this doesn't bring anything revloutionary to the market like they stated on the show. What makes me chuckle though is that while $2500 is a tough pill to swallow for a DI AR, Some will spend that on a Noveske in the blink of an eye and won't catch much flak.

The Noveske 16" Light RECCE with VIS is priced at $2450 and it seems right on par with this rifle..
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]
In before someone prices it all out to assemble their own and we get a real starting point for price.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In before someone prices it all out to assemble their own and we get a real starting point for price.

Lol too late, you missed that on the first page.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Other than the A5 extension, I agree that this doesn't bring anything revloutionary to the market like they stated on the show. What makes me chuckle though is that while $2500 is a tough pill to swallow for a DI AR, Some will spend that on a Noveske in the blink of an eye and won't catch much flak.

The Noveske 16" Light RECCE with VIS is priced at $2450 and it seems right on par with this rifle..

this too
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's new, give him a break

I laughed!
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#34]
is red jacket helping vltor price their products now?
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#35]
WOW, kinda expensive. I'd buy a Noveske for that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Vltor Lower
Vltor EMod
Vltor VIS 10"
Vltor 2.1" flash hider
Noveske afghan 14.5" mid-length (with low pro gas block)
Mid-length gas tube
BCM/Vltor gunfighter charging handle
LMT full-auto BCG
Troy front and rear folding battlesights
Tango down battle grip
3 Tango down rail panels
$2,090

Differences are:
LMT vs ?? BCG
An extra pistol grip
$405

thanks koshin, their price is spot on IMO.

it really makes me laugh how people criticize VLTOR but dont have an issue spending that much for a noveske
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Negative ghostrider on this one...
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
https://danieldefense.com/rifles/carbine-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-larry-vickers-signature-series.html

This carbine is around the same price point and a very much better deal.... Maybe Vltor contacted Bushmaster for pricing
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Vltor Lower $360
Vltor EMod A5 $225
Vltor VIS 10" $617
Vltor 2.1" flash hider $52
Noveske afghan 14.5" mid-length (with low pro gas block) $450
Mid-length gas tube $13
BCM/Vltor gunfighter charging handle $45
LMT full-auto BCG $130
Troy front and rear folding battlesights $170
Tango down battle grip $34
3 Tango down rail panels $48
Sell receiver ext, buffer & spring that came with lower -$50

$2,090 $2094

Differences are:
LMT vs ?? BCG
An extra pistol grip
$400 price difference and home build vs Vltor factory
Afghan SS barrel vs chrome-lined(same price from Rainier)

For those who were doubting that it all really adds up to $2k, I went to Rainier's site and added prices to the above post, substituting some that I know can be had cheaper elsewhere, and was even able to add the A5 stock kit. The fact remains that it's one expensive lower, about $265 stripped when you break it down. Regardless, the rifle is pricey because of the Noveske barrel, Vltor lower, and Vis upper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vltor Lower $360
Vltor EMod A5 $225
Vltor VIS 10" $617
Mid-length gas tube $13
LMT full-auto BCG $130

$2,090 $2094

Differences are:
LMT vs ?? BCG
An extra pistol grip

For those who were doubting that it all really adds up to $2k, I went to Rainier's site and added prices to the above post, substituting some that I know can be had cheaper elsewhere, and was even able to add the A5 stock kit. The fact remains that it's one expensive lower, about $265 stripped when you break it down. Regardless, the rifle is pricey because of the Noveske barrel, Vltor lower, and Vis upper.

but everyone is acting like its so overpriced when its really not, its pretty much spot on

i mean $400 is alot but not freekout theyre pulling a bushy on us difference
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#41]
MSRP and street price are 2 different animals. The market will dictate where this one will fall. When dealers shelves are full of them and not moving, the price will fall or this will be Vltors shortest lived product. I'm still looking/waiting for the Volksuppressor and the new Bren 10 to come out. It is a very nicely put together rifle though. No one ever said Eric don't make cool toys!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vltor Lower $360
Vltor EMod A5 $225
Vltor VIS 10" $617
Mid-length gas tube $13
LMT full-auto BCG $130

$2,090 $2094

Differences are:
LMT vs ?? BCG
An extra pistol grip

but everyone is acting like its so overpriced when its really not, its pretty much spot on

i mean $400 is alot but not freekout theyre pulling a bushy on us difference

Oh I agree completely. I still think it's a lot for a rifle, but as the numbers show it's not too much for THAT rifle. Since MSRP is $2500, you can bet street price will be just North of $2k. If it was just a 6940 clone then I'd have to stick by first post, "They're smoking crack!" It all really comes down to whether or not you want a unique lower, Noveske barrel, and Vis upper IMO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Can it be done with high quality parts,contstruction and capability for less.....yes.Is it worth the price...only the individual can decide for themselves..in the break down the parts are costly so its priced accordingly.Is it a leap forward in technology....no its just marketing on a show.Same thing as red jacket most in the know already know  but its capitalism and every retail company knows one thing like PT barnum said theres a sucker born every minute...

if they sell rifles to 1 person out of a 100 who know better who cares there still selling it and the person who buys it will have boght the hype as well.Just be gratefull any of us criticizing it just know better and dont worry about it.I can build equal to better mil-spec standards for less and I take comfort in that..but if someone wants it theyll spend the money.I dont need a barrett M107 is it worth 9 grand maybe maybe not but if I had the money id drop it on one for sure and some will feel the same way of the vltor offering...no matter what anyone thinks if they want it theyll buy it.

Did I buy into Bushmaster hype in 92 and 93 yes and I traded my first AR a Colt 6601 match target for a Bushy...I had no idea at the time that my first rifle was the better one with individualy MP HP tested parts...I didnt know that then but I know it now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:52:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I just priced it through rainier with my mil discount.

Comes out to $1,985

Even more pennies saved.

ETA:
forgot gas tube, add another $13
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I'll take the Predatar and a few thousand rounds of ammo for the same money.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#46]
For that kind of money I would get a Next Generation Arms X7.

You will not find a more accurate rifle that stays on target during extremely rapid fire.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I will take any standard mil spec AR over that rifle. My question is how does one get on  top shot season 3 and not know how to load a magazine in an AR???? Now the Larure OBR from the first episode of top shot this season is a nice rifle
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice looking bang-stick, but...
For $2500 I can get this - ACR
I know this is a predominantly AR15 fan-base, but this is one of the sexiest rifles in my opinion.
Not quite the modularity of the AR, but still.
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Great point.

With SR15s selling in the 1800 range, I can't imagine VLTOR will sell too many of these.

Great designed rifle though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice..but as said..WAY TO F'ING PRICEY!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top