Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2011 9:21:39 PM EDT
I know we probably discussed this before. But I need a little convincing. Is the ion bond bcg from bcm worth waiting for? Because I can buy a standard fa right now from them.

I heard its a coating that just rubs off anyway. Any truth to that?
If the benefits of ion bond are only for the couple hundred rounds its probably not worth it.

And since the standard bcg are available now... the ion bond should be right around the corner... right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a gimmick. Bought one. Also own one of there ION BOND SS barrels ... Gimmicky. I dont buy from BCM anymore *there in house products I mean.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
can you tell us how you came to this conclusion?
Quoted:
Its a gimmick. Bought one. Also own one of there ION BOND SS barrels ... Gimmicky. I dont buy from BCM anymore *there in house products I mean.

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I use BCM carriers (as well as Colt and LMT), but have never used an IONbond BCG. I am very curious about how this BCG compares to Spike's NiB BCG. I'm probably wrong, but from the descriptions, it seems that the Spike's is meant to do more than the BCM finish. It seems that the Ionbond finish is meant to be wear and corrosion resistant, and the NiB is meant to do nearly everything the Ionbond does, except holding lube, plus no need for lube and offers easy cleaning. Am I reading it wrong? I would like to try both, but it looks like I will buy the Spike's unit if I can ever get around to it, unless someone enlightens me about the superiority of the Ionbond BCM unit

A recent thread on the matter....    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/546215_BCG_question_on_finishes_ionbond_vs__NiB_vs__Failzero.html
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ion bond or Standard? help before they are out of stock!
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't think BCM stocks ion-bonded BCGs anymore.  They told me they'd have them back in stock Springtime of this year then they dissappeared off their site (at least last I checked).
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Easy to clean and a nice all around product.   You wont be unhappy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top