Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2011 9:25:47 PM EDT
I have the Magpul MOE grip that has the spot for an extra firing pin and bolt. I have a colt 6921, 6920, and 6933. Are bolts universal? Will one bolt fit all ar's? Is BCM better than the factory colt bolt? This is one of my SHTF rifles so I want the spare bolt and firing pin to be combat hard use grade. What firing pin should I throw in?
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt of course on both.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Colt of course on both.

I had to check, just to make sure someone said this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt parts will do just fine.

Just make sure you lube up your replacement bolt and firing pin before you put them in the  Magpul MOE grip,
because they're probably going to be in there for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt, FN, BCM, Spike's, or Armalite bolts will all be good replacements...but if you can grab a Colt, go for it.  Sounds like you have a nice stack of rifles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thoughts on PSA bolts? They have a combo deal with the grip core and bolt
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the PSA bolts are mil-spec..HP and MP tested, go for it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the Magpul MOE grip that has the spot for an extra firing pin and bolt. I have a colt 6921, 6920, and 6933. Are bolts universal? Will one bolt fit all ar's? Is BCM better than the factory colt bolt? This is one of my SHTF rifles so I want the spare bolt and firing pin to be combat hard use grade. What firing pin should I throw in?

I also have Colt models 6721 (X2), 6920, and MT6601 and I vote for Colt bolt, but other equivalent high quality brands that are high pressure tested (HPT) and magnetic particle inspected (MPI) like BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, Rainier Arms ThunderBolt, Spike's, etc will also work.

Colt bolts and complete bolt carrier groups are also now available directly from the Colt factory, for other small Colt parts check out Brownells.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/ShopOnline/tabid/62/ProdID/305/CatID/35/Default.aspx

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm obsessive-compulsive, and I'd rather have the same brand as the rifle, otherwise it'd eat and eat at me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Any mil-spec bolt that carries HPT and MPI specifications will do fine. If you can buy Colt, go for it.

You can buy them here: http://www.coltsmfg.com/ShopOnline/tabid/62/ProdID/305/CatID/35/Default.aspx

I went with FN bolts as spares, only because another ARFCOM member was selling brand new units in the EE for a great price.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I have been building & using ARs & M16s for about 41 years now.  In all that time and 10's of thousands of rounds fired, I have never experienced a problem of any kind with the firing pin.  Only once have I had a bolt break in half through the cam pin hole.  That was on a really shot-out M231 FPW.  My point is why waste your cash on parts you will most likely never use.  Buy ammo instead.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top