User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 906
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TannerB:

I used your color. Averoe field drab, the stripes are highlander with field drab dusted over it. Every time i searched for field drab your pictures came up and i studied them intensely lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ankratz:
My AAC flash hider has never pinged.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pmiZFL" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3915/15326046542_24e6c686b9_z.jpg</a>20140922_165817_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
I just put this 249f on here and I really hope its not too bad, just letting the bolt close makes it ping.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rz2z5g" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8686/16782669939_7059e9c461_z.jpg</a>20150328_194814_1 by tb5252, on Flickr

Duuuude. Could you please tell me what colors and paints you used on that Shorty?

Thanks

I used your color. Averoe field drab, the stripes are highlander with field drab dusted over it. Every time i searched for field drab your pictures came up and i studied them intensely lol.

How about your last pic? What color is the rifle?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bc_tripp:
I've considered buying a complete upper mostly for the rail.  I'm not a huge fan of the markings on the upper receiver opposite the ejection port, though.   I've got a SOCOM profile barrel in the mail.  I'd like to stay pretty close to clone correct.  But it seems like a shame to buy an upper just to part it out.  But that might be the easiest way.  
View Quote

I had a couple RIS II FDE rails in the EE a couple weeks ago. They still pop up occasionally, but outside of some crazy finds I think the supply has really dried up for a NIB one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
I recall having seen a few of them used on both Block IIs and CQBRs, I do not think they were ever issued but were either personal or unit purchases. The older TR21 was issued for use on EOD CQBRs.

Of the variable magnification choices out there if you cant afford a Nightforce or a Leupold Mk8 I think the Trijicon would be the most "legit" simply because of the widespread use of their products by the US military.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
I recall having seen a few of them used on both Block IIs and CQBRs, I do not think they were ever issued but were either personal or unit purchases. The older TR21 was issued for use on EOD CQBRs.

Of the variable magnification choices out there if you cant afford a Nightforce or a Leupold Mk8 I think the Trijicon would be the most "legit" simply because of the widespread use of their products by the US military.

Originally Posted By Spectre186:
Anyone seen or heard of a Trijicon tr24 on block 2 in the wild?  Just curious.

Thanks dude!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ankratz] [#4]

View All Quotes
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pmiZFL" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3915/15326046542_24e6c686b9_z.jpg</a>20140922_165817_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
I just put this 249f on here and I really hope its not too bad, just letting the bolt close makes it ping.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/rz2z5g" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8686/16782669939_7059e9c461_z.jpg</a>20150328_194814_1 by tb5252, on Flickr

Duuuude. Could you please tell me what colors and paints you used on that Shorty?

Thanks

Haha! I figured it was Aervoe FD. My thing is it always comes out a bit orange for me.

I have a field drab made by Gillespie that is more baby puke colored, almost a dead match for Accuracy International FDE. I think I'm going to go dominant with that color on my block II.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#5]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Damn you people... I just paid $725.00 dollars shipped for a complete COLT M4-A1 marked lower off GB. Sigh... I tried searching for them 10 different ways on GB and it was the ONLY "just lower" I saw listed. Was $679.99 if I wanted to bid but I didn't want to risk loosing it over $20.00 dollars. The shipping was $25.00 so $725.00 shipped.

This is like my fucking Unicorn. I have ALWAYS wanted one. More so than even the ELCAN.

I guess it wasn't TOO bad though. I just sold my Noveske complete lower build with ALL Daniel Defense parts to a Michigan State Cop for $400 bucks. That will help "pad" the blow to my wallet.

Side note as mentioned above I emailed Ratworkz, SA, Fidelfirearms, G&theplacetonotbementioned, and one other place listing them I'd not heard of. Anyway all of them have emailed me back now saying COLT has discontinued AR's with M4-A1 markings. Both SOCOM and SOCOM II and that they will not longer have them unless something changes in the future. Gunbroker was the suggestion so I hopped on the only one I saw listed that wasn't a complete rifle.
View Quote

Good snag...don't sweat the $20; I've done the same thing on GB a couple of times.  Maybe sweat the $725 total a little.

I did the same thing; got mine from Ratworx for not much less when they first came out; who knew the "limited edition" was going to run for years.  I assume at the time separating complete rifles since they had complete rifles, lowers and uppers for sale.  Kinda hurt since both of the halves were going for more than complete rifles (as one would expect).

So maybe some of us weren't crazy for thinking the M4 and M4A1 marked lowers might someday be "special".
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Good snag...don't sweat the $20; I've done the same thing on GB a couple of times.  Maybe sweat the $725 total a little.

I did the same thing; got mine from Ratworx for not much less when they first came out; who knew the "limited edition" was going to run for years.  I assume at the time separating complete rifles since they had complete rifles, lowers and uppers for sale.  Kinda hurt since both of the halves were going for more than complete rifles (as one would expect).

So maybe some of us weren't crazy for thinking the M4 and M4A1 marked lowers might someday be "special".
View All Quotes

Damn you people... I just paid $725.00 dollars shipped for a complete COLT M4-A1 marked lower off GB. Sigh... I tried searching for them 10 different ways on GB and it was the ONLY "just lower" I saw listed. Was $679.99 if I wanted to bid but I didn't want to risk loosing it over $20.00 dollars. The shipping was $25.00 so $725.00 shipped.

This is like my fucking Unicorn. I have ALWAYS wanted one. More so than even the ELCAN.

I guess it wasn't TOO bad though. I just sold my Noveske complete lower build with ALL Daniel Defense parts to a Michigan State Cop for $400 bucks. That will help "pad" the blow to my wallet.

Side note as mentioned above I emailed Ratworkz, SA, Fidelfirearms, G&theplacetonotbementioned, and one other place listing them I'd not heard of. Anyway all of them have emailed me back now saying COLT has discontinued AR's with M4-A1 markings. Both SOCOM and SOCOM II and that they will not longer have them unless something changes in the future. Gunbroker was the suggestion so I hopped on the only one I saw listed that wasn't a complete rifle.

Well you know, I did the math and really, said and done the cost to complete the whole build 100% COLT will not be that bad compared to say a full Daniel Defense M4-A1 or any other GOOD AR build.

Not counting shipping here:

$700 for complete M4-A1 lower

$250 for SOCOM complete barrel

$150.00 for COLT 6920 complete stripped upper

$150.00 for COLT BCG

Toss on one of my RIS II's and it's complete.

I already have all the fixings such as a flash hider, KAC taupe, Kac rear, EOTECH etc.

That said I should be able to pull enough out of my current upper parts to fund all the COLT parts. I have someone who just offered me a stripped 6920 even for my Noveske. I can get $150.00 out of my DD BCG and I should be able to get $250.00 out of my DD barrel w/ low pro gas block. All of these parts are new/unused/unfired.

Basically I'll be spending a couple hundred dollars to move from a Noveske/DD slut rifle to a full COLT M4-A1 marked rifle. Not bitching!

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Well you know, I did the math and really, said and done the cost to complete the whole build 100% COLT will not be that bad compared to say a full Daniel Defense M4-A1 or any other GOOD AR build.

$150.00 for COLT BCG

I already have all the fixings such as a flash hider, KAC taupe, Kac rear, EOTECH etc.

That said I should be able to pull enough out of my current upper parts to fund all the COLT parts. I have someone who just offered me a stripped 6920 even for my Noveske. I can get $150.00 out of my DD BCG and I should be able to get $250.00 out of my DD barrel w/ low pro gas block. All of these parts are new/unused/unfired.

Basically I'll be spending a couple hundred dollars to move from a Noveske/DD slut rifle to a full COLT M4-A1 marked rifle. Not bitching!

View All Quotes

$150.00 for COLT BCG

Got over $4k in my correct-ish Colt clone.  I am missing a SF3p and it's sporting a green DBALi2 with a SFm600.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Instead of selling the upper, I decided to part out my FSP upper, so I've got my FDE RIS II FSP raill in the EE.  Just thought I'd give a heads up to my fellow cloners with how hard these things are to find nowadays.  

Picture thread:

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By minion42:

My unmounted 249F pings pretty easily just handling it and I've heard it rings pretty good while firing. But I did see some guy use some engine safety wire around the groove in the tip. I seem to recall that it reduced the ringing a good bit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minion42:

My unmounted 249F pings pretty easily just handling it and I've heard it rings pretty good while firing. But I did see some guy use some engine safety wire around the groove in the tip. I seem to recall that it reduced the ringing a good bit.

I did the wire thing... First shot bent the twisted tail straight out... So I cut it off I don't really notice the ping, it's not really ringing after the shot.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:51:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#10]
I love the PING.  Not sure why it bothers people so deeply.  I am now up to 6 AAC blackouts, 2 Vortex, and the Rainier flashhider has a nice ring to it, too

I had not heard of the wire fix.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:
Instead of selling the upper, I decided to part out my FSP upper, so I've got my FDE RIS II FSP raill in the EE.  Just thought I'd give a heads up to my fellow cloners with how hard these things are to find nowadays.  

Picture thread:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8614/16045368184_0fa29cc3ae_b.jpg
View Quote

Dang, Next paycheck I was definitely going to give you an IM if it was still around
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
So how clone correct would a black MAGPUL or KAC trigger guard be on a COLT M4-A1 Carbine marked lower?

I dislike the flat trigger guards but I want to keep my new lower as close to correct as possible. The dealer is offering to remove the standard one and put on something else on their end before they ship it tomorrow so I don't have to risk breaking the ears but I can't decide if I want to keep the factory one or change it out. Again I prefer the MAGPUL and KAC parts but how picky would you guys be with a full on COLT M4-A1 build?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
So how clone correct would a black MAGPUL or KAC trigger guard be on a COLT M4-A1 Carbine marked lower?

I dislike the flat trigger guards but I want to keep my new lower as close to correct as possible. The dealer is offering to remove the standard one and put on something else on their end before they ship it tomorrow so I don't have to risk breaking the ears but I can't decide if I want to keep the factory one or change it out. Again I prefer the MAGPUL and KAC parts but how picky would you guys be with a full on COLT M4-A1 build?
View Quote

While it may not be 100% clone correct it is ultimately up to you how accurate your build list is.  IMO such a small thing should not be so trivial.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not a fan of aftermarket trigger guards on clones. There have been like 1 or 2 magpul trig guards seen ITW on this forum, and unless you're wearing thick gloves (cold climate) it just makes the lower look less clone correct to me, and does nothing to enhance anything except your total bill spent on your clone

I just really don't like em on clones. Your gun tho
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I dig the KAC trigger guards, but I don't think they've been seem in the wild, nor should they per the weapon.

I dislike the gap with USGI guards, so I use the Ergo gapper. works great and very comfy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Sabre Defence 14.5" barrel and Sabre Defence upper receiver. Waiting on gas block, gas tube and Bcg.

Mockup

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#19]

I dig the KAC trigger guards, but I don't think they've been seem in the wild, nor should they per the weapon.

I dislike the gap with USGI guards, so I use the Ergo gapper. works great and very comfy.
View Quote

I can't not run a BCM rifle grip. I hate the A2. The BCM has a tab that covers the gap. I think I'm going to keep the stock trigger guard on there for now and run a BCM grip.

I did text a friend of mine tonight and he did tell me that they ran MOE trigger guards in the sandbox and he wasn't even SF but that those guys ran whatever they wanted. He said I could throw some TAPCO on there and be legit... Kinda made me laugh.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#20]
TAPCO stuff was sold at the PX in Iraq, so it wasn't terribly uncommon to spot TAPCO mags or grips on military rifles. Not sure that's  a direction I'd choose to go (or how the Clone Police are likely to react), but your friend is right, TAPCO products have been used downrange...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Vegas19D:
TAPCO stuff was sold at the PX in Iraq, so it wasn't terribly uncommon to spot TAPCO mags or grips on military rifles. Not sure that's  a direction I'd choose to go (or how the Clone Police are likely to react), but your friend is right, TAPCO products have been used downrange...
View Quote

You bring up a good example of why I don't really roll with the "seen in the wild" criteria:  everything has been seen in the wild, including TAPCO.

Actually issued?  Not so much.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#22]

You bring up a good example of why I don't really roll with the "seen in the wild" criteria:  everything has been seen in the wild, including TAPCO.

View All Quotes

I concur.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#23]
with all this pinging flash hider talk, you guys see this? not clone correct, but some of yall might make the jump... maybe not at first, but perhaps someone will see one "in the wild". headed back to AFG soon, we'll see if the Rangers or ODA or MSOT have them...

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/03/30/sneak-peek-surefire-closed-tine-flash-hider/#comments
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:29:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#24]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
with all this pinging flash hider talk, you guys see this? not clone correct, but some of yall might make the jump... maybe not at first, but perhaps someone will see one "in the wild". headed back to AFG soon, we'll see if the Rangers or ODA or MSOT have them...

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/03/30/sneak-peek-surefire-closed-tine-flash-hider/#comments
View Quote

Looks almost identical to the 212a, just made for the SOCOM can.

I wonder if they'll actually bring this to the commercial market, or if it'll fall into the same boat as the FH566-RC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Man I was just considering grinding off my nt4 and putting a sf3p on my block 2 now it looks like I should wait to see if that will be replaced now ??
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#26]
The open prong design is better for the can and the longevity of the muzzle device though, yes?

Cause that bitch is pinned on there and ain't coming off for another 15k Rounds :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#28]
page glitch
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Question. The buffer tube on the COLT LE6920 SOCOM (M4-A1 Carbine) lower, how many positions is it, 4 or 6?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Question. The buffer tube on the COLT LE6920 SOCOM (M4-A1 Carbine) lower, how many positions is it, 4 or 6?
View Quote

Its 4
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#31]
AWESOME!
I've been wanting a four position since I build my first two Noveske BLOCK II builds. Really hard to find, people always beat me to the posted ones.
I'm so geeked. The anticipation is killing me. I just got an alert to my cellphone that my package is out for delivery to my FFL.
I have a complete COLT LE6920 SOCOM lower (M4-A1 Carbine marked) waiting to be picked up. I was going to pick it up from my FFL today BUT when I let him know it would be here today he said OH well be out of town until Monday for the holiday weekend. DOH! I'm leaving later today for a hog hunting trip, was going to toss it on my BLOCK II upper.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I hate the 4 position tube.  With armor or a winter jacket, I have a choice of collapsed all the way, just too close or the first position out, which is too long for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By bolster:

I hate the 4 position tube.  With armor or a winter jacket, I have a choice of collapsed all the way, just too close or the first position out, which is too long for me.
View Quote

I just wanted one because COLT's came with them. Hmmmmmmmmmm I didn't think about that. I like position of the first slot on six position. Might be an excuse to buy an LMT.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Running SF brake just because..
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#35]
If anyone prefers the Colt 4 position tubes, I have two take offs from a 6920 and a SOCOM I've been meaning to put on the EE. As well as the grips, FCG, etc.

PM me
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

I concur.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

I concur.

TAPCO mags kick ass. Better than PMAGs IMO - and I have plenty of each.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#37]

If anyone prefers the Colt 4 position tubes, I have two take offs from a 6920 and a SOCOM I've been meaning to put on the EE. As well as the grips, FCG, etc.

PM me
View Quote

Those will sell in about 5 minutes. I saw some going for $50~60.00 on the EE, brand new takes off's and they sold almost instantly.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

https://youtu.be/HKjzlyh0mCE
View Quote
Well that seemed like a waste of ammo/money...........

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

He only shot 10 rounds?  I liked the video by the way
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

Sort of like engraving "Auto" in a semi-automatic lower?

It's his rifle, his ammo, he can do what he wants. Of course, this goes without saying. Besides, it wasn't a pointless demonstration.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

I'm active duty Marine and is not home often so when I do come home to visit my rifles I make it counts
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

WTF? Why?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

WTF? Why?
View All Quotes

WTF? Why?

He would hate going to the range with me then.

I liked the video.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

I liked the video.
View All Quotes

WTF? Why?

I liked the video.

Are you bringing your happy switch?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:21:34 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

MN is a solid dude with some nice clones. Where's your rifle?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/sdrake100/Mobile%20Uploads/20150331_192151_zpsroc36cdw.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/sdrake100/Mobile%20Uploads/20150331_192151_zpsroc36cdw.jpg

Nice B2!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:07:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#47]

WTF? Why?
View All Quotes

WTF? Why?

Because I spent all my money on trying to make this clone as close to kosher as possible (M4A1 Carbine complete lower sitting at FFL now, plus all the other BS) and I'm jealous because I can't afford ammo now.

Btw, anyone got a B5 sopmod they want to sell? I'd like a Coyote colored one if anyones got one or something with a laundry sack job on it.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm active duty Marine and is not home often so when I do come home to visit my rifles I make it counts
View All Quotes

Fuck the haters. Relieve that post deployment stress however you damn well please brother. (Hulk Hogan voice)
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

WTF? Why?

I liked the video.

Yeah we will have a couple M16s out there I think.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Need an opinion.

COLT LE6920 BCG.

How does this look? Wanting to trade a brand new Daniel Defense BCG for a factory COLT unit and the offer I got for this one. Says its a few years old, was used a bit but now just a spare.

My DD was brand new a few days ago and has like 20 rounds on it. Swapping all of my stuff over to full on COLT so I really don't want to the big DD laser engravings. If it wasn't marked, I wouldn't care but I'm being a picky bitch.

Trying to decide if I should just sell my DD BCG and buy a new COLT or if a trade for this one would be decent. I know bolts are a wearable item over time so I wanted an opinion of the guys who know COLT parts! :)

Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top