Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By frank4guns:
sorry for stupid clone question, :

Begin stupid clone question >>>

With all the FDE in the Block2, is anyone using something like a Magpul FDE pistol grip?  Any basis for this in theater, or is all A2 grips?

<<< End of stupid clone question.  
View Quote
Issued grip is the A2, individuals do switch out the grips however.

CD
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
glitch........
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By White_knight:
question for all you guys that picked up CQD mounts, where? i tried going on CQDs website and all i got was.

"Access to cqd.net was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403"

does it now im canadian? am i now allowed to witness the treasures it keeps?
View Quote
Some vendors automatically block IP addresses from out of the country.

E-mail them and they may have a work around.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Did you Cerekote over the DDMk18 billboard on the Starboard side, or leave it?  I am contemplating selling the DD upper, and replacing with a forged Colt upper.
View Quote
It is still there getting free advertising.  I'll be honest, I don't mind it so much.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:12:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:
I remember hearing about some Block 2's with FSP rails had their FSB shaved down. Anyone have those pictures?

Would like to see pictures of light's being used besides the WMX200.

Any pictures of 14.5" block 2's with risers? I'm sure it's been done, I just love seeing wild pics. I'm currently digging the internet for pics and would love to see what you guys have saved.

I'd love to see any pictures anyone has of FSP block 2's in use for some inspiration. Just bought a RIS II FSP, complete upper, and having braceman engrave an 80% for me right now. Basically just need optic and light. Leaning towards red dot and possibly magnifier..
View Quote
I posted mine with a riser about march.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I am currently building a clone and wanted to add a fostech echo trigger to give it a true third selector position and a enhanced rapid firing capability.  problem is, the selector lever isn't normal looking and would mess up the 'clone' look to the rifle- any way to modify a standard selector to work with the fostech system? and any way to mill out the portion of a colt lower that prevents the installation (the kind of fence thing that sits where the auto sear would normally be)?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting to see a WMX clamp mount on that rifle posted above.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#11]
sorry for stupid clone question, :

Begin stupid clone question >>>

With all the FDE in the Block2, is anyone using something like a Magpul FDE pistol grip?  Any basis for this in theater, or is all A2 grips?

<<< End of stupid clone question.  
View Quote
Issue is black.

Someone somewhere probably installed his own at some point so by SITW criteria, anything is kosher.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#12]
No DD upper here. Definitely all colt

Usually has a DD lower but I have 2 6920s that I rob for pictures

I'm looking for MK18 advice.

Being in college I don't want to keep an NFA item at my house with my roommates so I'm thinking just keep it on a pistol lower.

I keep most of my firearms at my dad's house but my understanding is that I have to be in possession of an NFA item. Also I have a concealed carry so I could keep it in my car as needed. As well as traveling interstate between Arkansas and Texas.

Is pistol lower now and SBR when I get a more permanent residence the best route?

I'm looking at the Daniel Defense stripped MK18 upper from Brownells. Would put my aimpoint micro in lt660 mount from my MEU clone on it as well as a surefire 3 prong and eventually KAC 99051 and 2-6 micro.

Is the Brownells stripped upper the best way to go?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u613/SKSh762hunter/IMG_0659_zps3a0ybbsz.jpg

Being in college I don't want to keep an NFA item at my house with my roommates so I'm thinking just keep it on a pistol lower.

I keep most of my firearms at my dad's house but my understanding is that I have to be in possession of an NFA item. Also I have a concealed carry so I could keep it in my car as needed. As well as traveling interstate between Arkansas and Texas.

Is pistol lower now and SBR when I get a more permanent residence the best route?

I'm looking at the Daniel Defense stripped MK18 upper from Brownells. Would put my aimpoint micro in lt660 mount from my MEU clone on it as well as a surefire 3 prong and eventually KAC 99051 and 2-6 micro.

View Quote
If you do it on a trust, you can add anyone you'd like to it (if they're willing to go through the new process) so they can hold on to it while you're away. Not sure how your CCW laws are, but some places don't allow for "carrying" a SBR but if it's a pistol it's g2g.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Saucy
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#16]

SortaCloney1 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

SortaCloney2 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Sick war carpets and very nice boom stick with fricken laser beams attached to its head....
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

Sick war carpets and very nice boom stick with fricken laser beams attached to its head....
View Quote
Thank you sir.

I sold my -14 a while ago and it just sits in the safe.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You can store your NFA items anywhere you want, as long as you have control of who has access to them.  For example, you could store an SBR at your father's house, as long as you had a means of keeping it locked up that your father didn't have a key to.  Alternately, using a trust with your father as a responsible party will let him store the SBR for you - and play with it if he wants.

Crossing state lines with NFA means obtaining ATF permission ahead of time by filing an ATF form 5320.20.  
This form is used to obtain permission to temporarily or permanently move your registered NFA machinegun, short barreled rifle or shotgun, or destructive device interstate.  Persons other than qualified Federal firearms licensees (FFL) or government agencies are required to obtain this permission.
The permission is good for a year, and can be renewed by simply filing a new form.

I hope that's helpful.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

You can store your NFA items anywhere you want, as long as you have control of who has access to them.  For example, you could store an SBR at your father's house, as long as you had a means of keeping it locked up that your father didn't have a key to.  Alternately, using a trust with your father as a responsible party will let him store the SBR for you - and play with it if he wants.

Crossing state lines with NFA means obtaining ATF permission ahead of time by filing an ATF form 5320.20.  
The permission is good for a year, and can be renewed by simply filing a new form.

I hope that's helpful.
View Quote
Awesome thanks that helps a lot
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Awesome thanks that helps a lot
View Quote
You can get tons of information about SBRs, rules, troubleshooting and so on in the SBR Forum in the Armory community.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#24]
So, who's planning their block III build?

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SEAMONSTAH:

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/img_1541.jpg
View Quote
Who makes that upper?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Can't clone something that doesn't exist yet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
I wonder if that's the actual upper. Handguard and barrel manufacturer? Going to be interesting to see what the final product will be if there will be one.

At least we won't have to buy $200+ FH556RCs if SOCOM, or just ASOC, switches to Warcomps.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]
10 months over, can acquired.  I think I am done, unless I decide to get into NVG at some point.  But for now here she is.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Notice the in testing.  Nothing determined yet.

CD
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Once you sbr it you'll need atf permission in advance every time you want to cross a state line. It's much easier to create a trust and lock it up than transport it.

BTW - I would never have a firearm in a college setting. Security is non-existent, people are high or drunk and anyone that can play sports, regardless of their criminal history are students. Its a recipe for disaster.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#31]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Once you sbr it you'll need atf permission in advance every time you want to cross a state line. It's much easier to create a trust and lock it up than transport it.

BTW - I would never have a firearm in a college setting. Security is non-existent, people are high or drunk and anyone that can play sports, regardless of their criminal history are students. Its a recipe for disaster.
View Quote
Brownells sold out of the MK18 uppers without logos and the smaller gas port so the CQBR SBR is on the back burner for now

Maybe in a couple years when I hopefully have a mechanical engineering degree and make better money I'll SBR my 6920, buy a MK18 RIS II, and have adco chop the barrel to 10.3

On another note I'm taking the block II a different direction. I like the GDI mount. Great return to zero. But it bugged me that it hadn't been see in the wild ever. I saw this picture of a Block 2 with a larue lt100 and surefire. Great setup and relatively cheap to clone (compared to Elcan and WMX). LT100 inbound and saving up for a m600u

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#32]
does anyone sell a middie 14.5'' unpinned with ris 2 on a stripped upper?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FilthyCasual:
does anyone sell a middie 14.5'' unpinned with ris 2 on a stripped upper?
View Quote
If RIS 2's weren't hen's teeth, BCM probably would.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Once you sbr it you'll need atf permission in advance every time you want to cross a state line.
View Quote
Technically inaccurate.  You'll need to fill out a form 20 once a year, because it's good for up to 12 months at a time.  Don't have to fill out a new one each time you go somewhere with the gun.  Just once a year (and you can fill out DOZENS if you want just to cover any possible travel you may take in that time).
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#35]
Care package came in from my buddy....now I've got a primary optic....now I just need an atipal and some remote switches and this ones a wrap
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Finally found an M600V in tan

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I spot some fellow /k/ommados!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#38]
dlet this
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#39]

http://i.imgur.com/m9Q22p0.jpg
View Quote
LOVE that look, is that a 2.5-10 or 1-4 on top?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
2.5-10x24

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#41]

http://i.imgur.com/m9Q22p0.jpg
View Quote
Fuuuuu....nice!

I wish I had a couple of those for my builds; I wish Surefire would start doing tan lights again.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Raptor83:

I wish I had a couple of those for my builds; I wish Surefire would start doing tan lights again.
View Quote
Right? They still make x300's in tan I dont get why they quit it with the scout lights. Took me months to track this one down.

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Switched from magpul afg to tangodown. Giving it a try

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Right? They still make x300's in tan I dont get why they quit it with the scout lights. Took me months to track this one down.
View Quote
Because the anodizing wasn't always consistent and people complained.  No doubt the same people that would freak out when their duty-grade rifle would get a scratch.  This is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:08:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#45]
Got my UID labels today
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Where tho!!???
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:

Where tho!!???
View Quote
There's a Facebook group called custom uid labels. . Haven't gotten any but supposedly that's where they
Setup group buys for them
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Where tho!!???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Where tho!!???
The thread below has the link in it. The place is called Carolina laser works.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/713653_UID-stickers.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Installijg an ris ii fsp and need some info, what do you guys do to keep the rail aligned with the upper so its not canted or slightly off from the upper after its tight?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Installijg an ris ii fsp and need some info, what do you guys do to keep the rail aligned with the upper so its not canted or slightly off from the upper after its tight?
View Quote
I bridge a carry handle between the rail and upper to hold it in place while I tighten the screws
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top