User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 905
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Scope Mount..... Samson MFG DMR mount
As far as Samson rails/forfends used down range yes, mainly for same reason 3 Gunners like them
Some Assaulters prefer Narrower grip on rifle. The classic quad rail too large.
From down range.......

Heads Exploding in..3..2..1
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:23:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#2]
sorry double posted
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
@Stukas - Thanks for the advice on the doctor, way easier to pick up rear mounted. I didn't ditch the buis yet bc I'm probably gonna shoot irons for a while until I figure out an optic....im liking the variable power optic idea.

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Another Samson Rail M4A1 circa 2012 photo taken just after it was installed:

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stukas87:
As far as Samson rails/forfends used down range yes, mainly for same reason 3 Gunners like them
From down range.......
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC05025_zpsesq21ngw.jpg
View Quote
WTF -16" barrel?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
WTF -16" barrel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
From down range.......
WTF -16" barrel?
SOCOM does what SOCOM wants. *Insert Eric cartman meme.*

Stukas- do you still keep your CQBR upper around when deployed or strictly full length upper now? We miss ya in the 10.3 thread bro.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#8]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

SOCOM does what SOCOM wants. *Insert Eric cartman meme.*

Stukas- do you still keep your CQBR upper around when deployed or strictly full length upper now? We miss ya in the 10.3 thread bro.
View Quote
Well I just retired so my access to real MK18s now over. Like most on here now I just shoot my own:

I don't have any urge to make clones, seeing how I always changed as much as I could on my work guns
adapting them to what I thought was the best combat set-up. So with my personal guns its all about shoot ability.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]

WTF -16" barrel?
View Quote
Afghanistan: He who can hit the farthest usually wins.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Got my new fsp rail installed and surefire warcomp installed by ado, and got a new exps in the mail to make a good week!
[/URL]" />
(sorry i don't know how to make the images appear*)

Thanks for all the inspiration from the block ii community, been building these for the last four months or so and my wallet is tired but I'm happy!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Well I just retired so my access to real MK18s now over. Like most on here now I just shoot my own:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/Shorty%20AA_zpsxhtn7a6q.jpg
I don't have any urge to make clones, seeing how I always changed as much as I could on my work guns
adapting them to what I thought was the best combat set-up. So with my personal guns its all about shoot ability.
View Quote
Most guys just run what they are issued? As an LEO i find a lot of guys just run whatever is issued.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Got my new fsp rail installed and surefire warcomp installed by ado, and got a new exps in the mail to make a good week!
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af203/bonbon1201/IMG_0971_1.jpg" target="_blank">http://s1008.photobucket.com/user/bonbon1201/media/IMG_0971_1.jpg.html]http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af203/bonbon1201/IMG_0971_1.jpg[/url]
(sorry i don't know how to make the images appear*)

Thanks for all the inspiration from the block ii community, been building these for the last four months or so and my wallet is tired but I'm happy!
View Quote
Solid builds!

If anyone is looking to part ways with a regular M4A1 in FDE rail let me know. My M203 should be coming off approval soon - so trying to get a host for it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By schaffer:

Most guys just run what they are issued? As an LEO i find a lot of guys just run whatever is issued.
View Quote
Depends on unit really. Being SF usually gives the guys a broad range of what they're allowed to do.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Depends on unit really. Being SF usually gives the guys a broad range of what they're allowed to do.
View Quote
I would say 90%
Especially now since the all M4A1s have the RIS II non-front site post version
and Geissele triggers. This finally took effect Mid-2015 for all rifles to get this way.
So less need for guys to custom their rifles.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#15]
@Stukas- Did you ever get a chance do compare a 2.5-10x24 nf against the vcog or even a razor hd against the vcog? I'm liking the idea of variable power and I'm thinking about holding out and just dropping the cash on a good optic when I can. I was wondering if you had any opinions on which was the best all around for the platform or if it was more a personal preference/cost thing....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#16]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
@Stukas- Did you ever get a chance do compare a 2.5-10x24 nf against the vcog or even a razor hd against the vcog? I'm liking the idea of variable power and I'm thinking about holding out and just dropping the cash on a good optic when I can. I was wondering if you had any opinions on which was the best all around for the platform or if it was more a personal preference/cost thing....
View Quote
I never have, I have seen guys run more powerful optics Leopold and Night Force in that range on their M4s. I prefer to still have a 1xpower capable optic. 1x6 and now 1x8 is becoming available
I always thought 10power was overkill for 5.56. The SPR (MK12) came with a ?-10power scope. 5.56 past 750m pretty dismal no matter what ammo.
So My thought is to be able hit 500-650max. Running a 1x6 just makes it easier to do over the Elcan.

For the record my next optic Im looking to purchase is the Burris XTR II 1-5 with BDC.
I'm using the VCOG for 3gun. Was thinking of the Vortex Razor (top selling scope for 3gun) But I have found
6 power a little overkill for what is needed for the matches where I live.
So to save money Burris looks good. VCOG will go back on my 308.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#18]
From down range.......
View Quote
I can dig the new ways, but still prefer the old.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#19]
KAC offset mount came in, pretty nice but still waiting on LT724s to come back in stock

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#20]
Originally Posted By chenault:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG-1249-172322.JPG
View Quote
Nice...I dig it. last time I saw a set up like that at work was 2007.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:20:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#21]
Are there any pictures of Vortex Razor 1-6's in the wild on a M4? I've seen the helicopter pic of one on a 10.3 with a Geissele rail but never a 14.5
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By chenault:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG-1249-172322.JPG
View Quote
Nice, very nice. I like this one a lot.

I am sorta like that - as an older fart, I tend to like the classics which is also why I don't steer away from US Military rifles. I own around 20 among AR15s and older ones (WWI, WWII etc.) and they are all, rigorously classic ones. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Is the SFMB muzzle device correct for Block II builds at all?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dokidokidennis:
Is the SFMB muzzle device correct for Block II builds at all?
View Quote
It is not, KAC NT4 flash hider and SF4P are the correct ones.  SF3P is a common substitution for the 4 prong, but it seems the 4 prongs a little easier to find now, but still pretty pricey.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Any idea what vfg fits the insight single tape switch used on the m3x? Or could I go with a tango down panel with tape switch cut out?

Anyone have a incan bulb for the m3x they would be willing to part with, maybe after a led upgrade?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:50:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#26]
Originally Posted By RubiconJk:
Any idea what vfg fits the insight single tape switch used on the m3x? Or could I go with a tango down panel with tape switch cut out?
View Quote
Tango down MK46 VFG model: BGV-QDITI or BGV-ITI.  

As the insight or surefire tape switch are common throughout the military as a whole, most just secure it using electrical/100 mph tape or  you can try bicycle inner tube.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#27]
From down range.......
View Quote
Do you remember what length that rail is? 10? 11?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
From down range.......
http://www.samson-mfg.com/product/Evolution-9-EX.html
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Block II Clones I think almost anything goes now. The basics, colt with RIS II and dress it out how you want it. After these things get to unit level (jsoc SF etc) they do what they want.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

It is not, KAC NT4 flash hider and SF4P are the correct ones.  SF3P is a common substitution for the 4 prong, but it seems the 4 prongs a little easier to find now, but still pretty pricey.
View Quote
SFMB and Warcomps seen ITW, 3 prongs never, and super rare issue item is SFCT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:39:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#31]
Originally Posted By veeklog:
Just an FYI on those that made 80% lowers then had them engraved for clone correct looks. In October I was able to send the completed lower to a reputable anodizer with a FFL 07 license to complete the process so I could finish my lower. A few days ago I was E-mailed by the anodizer telling me that during a routine inspection by the ATF, the ATF Auditor pulled mine and other lowers like mine aside for further review and asked the anodizer not to work on them until ATF made a determination. Today I was told by the anodizer that ATF picked up mine and the other lowers because the issue in question has to do with the engraving of the auto sear holes.  According to the ATF rules in question, marking the location of the sear hole can be considered a Machine Gun; ATF would send out a determination later. I don't get it since I had no intention or the parts to make a full auto, and had not drilled into the lower to install a sear. Guess I will have to call the Inspector tomorrow and find out what the problem is; I have never heard of this, nor have I ever heard that engraving makes a machine gun.
View Quote
That's a hard pill to swallow because many AK receiver have the third pin hole marked and many more have faux third pins milled marked and epoxy placed. I have engraved faux third pin on AR receivers. I would love to see the tech letter in regard to this. I would imagine it's more to do with it marked COLT and the anodizer possible exposed to a trade mark infridgement then engraving.

Most reputable engravers will not mark a 80% receiver with a COLT trade mark! At least not openly??

Also if ATF went to trace the rifle and called Colt for the trace it would create a nightmare for Colt.

Clearly laid out for third pin.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#32]
My contribution.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:
Block II Clones I think almost anything goes now. The basics, colt with RIS II and dress it out how you want it. After these things get to unit level (jsoc SF etc) they do what they want.
View Quote
Technically true, but it happens far less than many here seem to think.

As I've stated, 95% of soldiers are not gun guys, so they don't even know/care what they're issued (and hence aren't likely to change anything unless it breaks).

Most of the other 5% aren't going to risk their own $ on something when a) they are issued something similar/compatible and b) it has a high probability of loss/damage.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Technically true, but it happens far less than many here seem to think.

As I've stated, 95% of soldiers are not gun guys, so they don't even know/care what they're issued (and hence aren't likely to change anything unless it breaks).

Most of the other 5% aren't going to risk their own $ on something when a) they are issued something similar/compatible and b) it has a high probability of loss/damage.
View Quote
I agree with you I know plenty of guys that never changed shit. Then again I know several that change it as needed??

I see it like this if its been made I am sure it's been strapped, screwed, bolted, slung or used by someone in the last 17 or so years! Some of the teams or troops we will never see those pics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Finished my Block II FSP. Would like to get a RC2 for it but have so many other projects to finish.

- Spikes lower
- Geissele Trigger
- Colt Ambi
- LMT Gen II SOPMOD
- Colt 14.5" upper
- Daniel Defense RIS II FSP
- Daniel Defense QD mount
- Elcan Specter DR
- Trijicon DR
- APITAL-C
- M3X LED
- Insight Dual
- Specwar K

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BOONEA:
Finished my Block II FSP. Would like to get a RC2 for it but have so many other projects to finish.

- Spikes lower
- Geissele Trigger
- Colt Ambi
- LMT Gen II SOPMOD
- Colt 14.5" upper
- Daniel Defense RIS II FSP
- Daniel Defense QD mount
- Elcan Specter DR
- Trijicon DR
- APITAL-C
- M3X LED
- Insight Dual
- Specwar K

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17626508_10154955656792626_2928746090679341084_n.jpg?oh=4b35f8b3fd5d35e2a9d0513f9f005bfc&oe=594ED48C
View Quote
Looks really good brother. Your clones are some of my favorites on the forum. I gotta ask tho, I'm confused on the "Trijicon DR" part as to what that be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks. It's the small red dot on top of the ELCAN.

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#38]
Thanks. It's the small red dot on top of the ELCAN.

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/892/892460.jpg
View Quote
Docter is owned by Triji? That's the part that's confusing me, all these years I've thought they were competitors.

ETA now that I think about it competitors prob isn't the right word since the ECOS ACOGs come with Docters. But just saying if they're owned by Trijicon I wasn't aware. Not trying to come off as an ass hat in case I am, just actually 100 percent curious.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Guess I'm the idiot. We always called them Trijicon Doctors. But I guess that really isn't the case.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#40]
Guess I'm the idiot. We always called them Trijicon Doctors. But I guess that really isn't the case.
View Quote
You're good brother. Wouldn't be too off base to assume so since some ACOGs come with them. I was just curious if you knew somethin I didn't.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:

I agree with you I know plenty of guys that never changed shit. Then again I know several that change it as needed??

I see it like this if its been made I am sure it's been strapped, screwed, bolted, slung or used by someone in the last 17 or so years! Some of the teams or troops we will never see those pics.
View Quote
Probably true, but not the point of this thread
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Probably true, but not the point of this thread
View Quote
Isn't the point of the thread to discuss block II clones. I think the continuous chase of "ITW" pictures of odd ball shit actually makes my point??
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I think ITW pictures are always cool to see but I think the clone thread should be about building rifles with the correct SOPMOD issued parts. Tracking down those hard to find issued parts is what really got me involved in it. It cost me more money than I ever thought I would spend on an AR but I enjoyed it. I do enjoy ITW pictures and appreciate all those that served our country but sometimes the thread drifts pretty far away from what got me into clones. Ymmv
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#44]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Definitely a CQBR but still cool
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#46]
Originally Posted By jturner1906:
I think ITW pictures are always cool to see but I think the clone thread should be about building rifles with the correct SOPMOD issued parts. Tracking down those hard to find issued parts is what really got me involved in it. It cost me more money than I ever thought I would spend on an AR but I enjoyed it. I do enjoy ITW pictures and appreciate all those that served our country but sometimes the thread drifts pretty far away from what got me into clones. Ymmv
View Quote
Well some things make more sense to a civilian individual when they're buying and using their own equipment. Things like an M3X or WMX seem silly to buy versus a surefire m600 that's 3x as bright, 1/3 the price, and seen in the wild plenty. I bought a DD M4A1, ACOG RCO-M150CP, KAC 99051 and matech. All things that make sense. I'm not going to pay extra for a heavier SOCOM barrel when government barrels are still used with Block 2s. I've never had any issues with my Army issued gov profile barrel and don't unnecessary weight on my personal rifle carrying around pig hunting. Or spending more for a LMT Gen 1 versus a B5 Gen 2 to give up my QD ability. My pinned and welded DD flash hider is disgusting though and I apologize to the clone gods for that one. I could take my Colt lower off my 6920 block 1 build for pics but I'll always run my DD lower

Pic thread: need to put my A2 grip back on

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Is it normal to yank the M203 hangers out of the RIS II?

One that arrived to my house didn't have them...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

View Quote
Was that BCM barrel a mid length? The hangers will contact the gas block on a middy so whoever installed the barrel probably yanked it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

View Quote
The ones I've bought new had them but the ones I've bought used the previous owner yanked them. Since its a trend, ask the guys around here for hangers and the screws I'm sure somebody doesn't need theirs
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Was that BCM barrel a mid length? The hangers will contact the gas block on a middy so whoever installed the barrel probably yanked it.
View Quote
Oh I didn't even pay attention to that lol.

Yeah I called DD to see if they had some, or if anyone else has a set they don't use I would gladly take them so I can hang my M203.
Page / 905
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top