User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 906
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aaron580:
A black ris ii clone correct? Really only see fde...
View Quote
Nothing that a can of paint can't fix.  One of the guns off my son's ODA in Iraq last summer.

CD
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
dang blasted glitch........

CD
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
bump glitch

CD
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:46:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#4]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Nothing that a can of paint can't fix.  One of the guns off my son's ODA in Iraq last summer.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/M4A1_Bk_II_IMG_2102.JPG

CD
View Quote
Well yea of course, I'm just not a huge paint person! Im starting my block 2 currently, gonna play with a dd ris ii i just got and see how it works before getting all in like the mk12. Too bad my block 1 socom builds are already welded, may be a perfect time to tear apart my extra diemaco complete upper....
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

Well yea of course, I'm just not a huge paint person! Im starting my block 2 currently, gonna play with a dd ris ii i just got and see how it works before getting all in like the mk12. Too bad my block 1 socom builds are already welded, may be a perfect time to tear apart my extra diemaco complete upper....
View Quote
Become one.  

Seriously, with all the super easy ways (that don't hurt anodizing or decent polymer gun parts) to remove krylon, it's not a yuge deal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

why not?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

I can't
Even though it desperately needs it

why not?
In case of if I ever needed to sell it for some awful reason.

I know it can be removed so I might have to take the plunge. I'm just a National Guard infantryman, so maybe when my friend with a different color beret than me gets some leave I can get a lesson
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

In case of if I ever needed to sell it for some awful reason.

I know it can be removed so I might have to take the plunge. I'm just a National Guard infantryman, so maybe when my friend with a different color beret than me gets some leave I can get a lesson
View Quote
Brake cleaner, CLP, list the gun.  

or you can use citri-strip or whatever else is out there.  TONS of easy ways to remove the krylon that won't damage anything underneath.

As for lessons.....why wait?  35 pages worth here:

rattlecan thread
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Doctor mount came in today!

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_1032.jpg
View Quote
do want
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Dude!??? How?!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:
Dude!??? How?!
View All Quotes

Dude!??? How?!
When the topic came up a page back or so, I gave up the search a while back and figured I never emailed predator direct and thought maybe it would be worth seeing if they had any nos or demos or anything....figured long shot but what the hell...turns out they started making them again and we're selling them again as of last week. They are selling at their old price, their page is still under construction but if you email or call them you can place an order.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm whoring this on the Mk18 thread, too, but I'm really happy how this came out:

Latest revision of ADE106(E) Cerakote, "Anodized Dark Earth". It's modeled after the more gold toned RIS rails from the 2008'ish timeframe.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Nice Burkett Predator Off Set Mount Mine:
Work

3 Afghan Tours later
Now:
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:
Work
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC04815_zpsrjrgiolu.jpg
3 Afghan Tours later
Now:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/20170317_191332_zpsck0w64kh.jpg
View All Quotes

Work
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC04815_zpsrjrgiolu.jpg
3 Afghan Tours later
Now:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/20170317_191332_zpsck0w64kh.jpg
Thanks Stukas! I have wanted one ever since you wrote that article your rifle was featured in. I have to say that this is probably the best mrds and one of the best optics mounts I have ever handled. I'm pretty sure my rail would give before this mount did. Not to mention the guys at predator are awesome to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes you could beat someone to death with the Predator mount (If it was just a little bigger) if you needed too.
I did bend a wing one time from a fall, I just took it off and beat it back flat with a hammer (the red dot survived).

I have used both a Doctor sight and EOTech MRDS.
EOTech was total crap
Doctor sight good but damn pain having to remount to replace batteries
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#16]
About the M4A1 and SOPMOD...
I think it will be in the next two issues of SWAT Magazine starting in April (the May issue)
Now that I am retired
Two part article chronicling my use of the M4A1 and SOPMOD thru my six combat tours.

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it will be in the next two issues of SWAT Magazine starting in April (the May issue)
Now that I am retired
Two part article chronicling my use of the M4A1 and SOPMOD thru my six combat tours.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC05525_zpsss6u6pi3.jpg
View Quote
Thank you for your service.
And your contribution to our great country.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Now that I am retired

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC05525_zpsss6u6pi3.jpg
View Quote
Hows that vcog? I was thinking about either that or an elcan spectre my only worry is people say the vcog isn't that daylight bright
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Hows that vcog? I was thinking about either that or an elcan spectre my only worry is people say the vcog isn't that daylight bright
View Quote
I have one and unless it's cloudless and just super bright outside it's bright enough. It's still a visible enough reticle to see. My green is brighter than the red ones. If it's like a super bright cloudless day at noon the reticle is like darker green not the neon green. I still like it. I just wish on 6x the segmented crosshair was finer. It makes punching small groups tougher.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:18:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#20]

View Quote
I never used to brightness at all during my time in Afghanistan the black reticle itself worked fine.

Now it is now on my competition rifle for 3gun.  I use the brightness settings.

Elcan Specter is a awesome 1-4 power with great field of view, pretty good eye relief, and the red dot super bright.
Having said that its 2005 technology and the price on them is still insane.  I would go with a 1-6 Vortex, Trijicon whatever you get a good price on.
Vortex Razor while not issued is pretty damn popular with the SF crowd. I love the VCOG I think (hope) it gets adopted by the military, will put Elcan and ACOG to rest.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I never used to brightness at all during my time in Afghanistan the black reticle itself worked fine.

Elcan Specter is a awesome 1-4 power with great field of view, pretty good eye relief, and the red dot super bright.
Having said that its 2005 technology and the price on them is still insane.  I would go with a 1-6 Vortex, Trijicon whatever you get a good price on.
Vortex Razor while not issued is pretty damn popular with the SF crowd. I love the VCOG I think (hope) it gets adopted by the military, will put Elcan and ACOG to rest.
View All Quotes

Iv actually seen some ODA guys when I was in torri station in Okinawa rocking the razors, any particular reason they're becoming so popular? I'm assuming cause the razor is pretty popular on the 3gun and competition circuit, that and its a pretty beast optic.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:56:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RJC1977] [#22]
Disregard
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:39:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#23]

Iv actually seen some ODA guys when I was in torri station in Okinawa rocking the razors, any particular reason they're becoming so popular? I'm assuming cause the razor is pretty popular on the 3gun and competition circuit, that and its a pretty beast optic.
View Quote
Price and quality via word of mouth within SOF. While there are a few, Unfortunately most SF guys don't shoot 3gun.
While SF is not super compartmentalized, it is to a certain extent. You will see trends within companys
of gear being used by guys because one or two guys originally got it, others saw it and purchased the same.
The VCOG unfortunately is out of the price point most SF guys are willing to spend on a 1x6 especially since
Vortex offers some great deals to military members.

If someone knows someone from Trijicon send this message, this is why Vortex kicking their butts in private or should I say civilian sales.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice stick!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RJC1977] [#27]
Damn that looks good with the NF
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#28]
It's real sharp. Waiting on a KAC offset T1 mount, Larue LT724 is backordered indefinitely

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I miss my Block II.
Attachment Attached File

I had built a new rifle off a KAC lower and other parts to make a quasi mod2 rifle, but just don't care for the URX 4, plus I recently picked up a 14.5" socom barrel and I think I'm going to build a KAC FSP Block II.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Got my ris ii in black today. Looks like a good time to do up a mock block 2 for practice, then it will be sure to spawn another in short time
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#31]
View Quote
Wow that night force though
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#32]
You could always use the URX4 for an up to date MK12 MOD H.  Just sayin.

Originally Posted By nate_the_great:
I miss my Block II.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/381888/IMG-0905-170540.JPG
I had built a new rifle off a KAC lower and other parts to make a quasi mod2 rifle, but just don't care for the URX 4, plus I recently picked up a 14.5" socom barrel and I think I'm going to build a KAC FSP Block II.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:47:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RJC1977] [#33]
My block 2. Just needs a Surefire flash hider, my laser is on its way & the CQD front sling plate is here just haven't put it on.

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Need an optic and a atipal but getting closer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jax_Guns] [#35]

Price and quality via word of mouth within SOF. While there are a few, Unfortunately most SF guys don't shoot 3gun.
While SF is not super compartmentalized, it is to a certain extent. You will see trends within companys
of gear being used by guys because one or two guys originally got it, others saw it and purchased the same.
The VCOG unfortunately is out of the price point most SF guys are willing to spend on a 1x6 especially since
Vortex offers some great deals to military members.

If someone knows someone from Trijicon send this message, this is why Vortex kicking their butts in private or should I say civilian sales.
View Quote
What model of Razor are they using? Is it the Vortex 1-6x24? What mount is used?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#36]
The Razor HD & the Geissele super Precision mount.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:17:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakemajure] [#37]
First post here. Is there any pics floating around of block2's in the wild with a carry handle? Or BUIS without optic? I'm saving for an optic but the cleaness of only a buis is growing on me. Also I've seen pics of a magpul mbus on mk18's but what about M4's
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#38]
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_1057.jpg
View Quote
Shit can the BUIS and place the offset sight there. I ran offset optic forward of scope one tour then found bringing it back to where
BUIS would go much faster with it. Easier to pick up red dot. Ran it in back for 2 tours
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Shit can the BUIS and place the offset sight there. I ran offset optic forward of scope one tour then found bringing it back to where
BUIS would go much faster with it. Easier to pick up red dot. Ran it in back for 2 tours
View All Quotes
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_1057.jpg
Yeah I was noticing earlier that it is hit or miss picking up the dot when you roll it with it in that position. I'll swap it around and give it a try.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Yeah I was noticing earlier that it is hit or miss picking up the dot when you roll it with it in that position. I'll swap it around and give it a try.
View Quote
Congratulations you are one step closer to a Stukas87 Afghan Multi-Gun Challenge Clone!

Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Congratulations you are one step closer to a Stukas87 Afghan Multi-Gun Challenge Clone!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/DSC05523_zpsrnjsmf8l.jpg
View Quote
I wanna clone but I'm right handed!!!

the struggle is real
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
I wanna clone but I'm right handed!!!

the struggle is real
View Quote
Too Funny!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Idk if I'll be rocking a vcog anytime soon.....I would definitely have a hard time explaining where that money went to the wife
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Idk if I'll be rocking a vcog anytime soon.....I would definitely have a hard time explaining where that money went to the wife
View Quote
Vortex Viper PST 1-4  is acceptable.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#45]

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/stukas87/AA%20MK18_zpslsgbynzv.jpg
View Quote
hah.  awesome.

m4a1 clone AND mini recce all in one!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jax_Guns] [#46]
What rail is that? 10.3" barrel? What optics mount? That might save me from having to sell a kidney for another MK18 RIS!

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#47]
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
What rail is that? 10.3" barrel? What optics mount? That might save me from having to sell a kidney for another MK18 RIS!
View Quote
Appears to be an Adams Arms piston upper. I think they use Samson rails.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Noooooo
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Have you really used that over there? How is the durability? I'm also curious as to what mount. 
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, that's a mount I've never seen.
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top