Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2011 7:29:57 AM EDT
Just sold my raging bull 454 in order to purchace another ar. Local shop had a wasp 16in  bull barrel w/ ff guard. Looked like a pretty solid rifle for my purposes, so i put it on laway. Does anbody have one or shot one? If so, hows the accuracy?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the bull barrel but the 2 5.56 CMMG's  I do have, run great and the accuracy has been good. More important to me is the accuracy has been consistant.
Dave N
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input man, if you hadnt posted that id probably be a little concerned right now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one of the M4LE's from CMMG about a month ago. Shot close to 1k rounds from it with 0 problems. I had one failure to feed, but it ended up being a deformed round. No failure to fire, no failure to eject. Always goes bang when I pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the input man, if you hadnt posted that id probably be a little concerned right now.

I do field testing for them and I can tell you if you do have an issue, they have great CS. But I've had none.
I take that back, I had a 7.5" piston upper I blew a seal in. CMMG replaced the upper with an updated gas block.

Go to the CMMG forum in the Industry section. You will get more answers there.
Dave N

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
A few years back, CMMG lost some points here on ARFCOM due to their discontinuing the lightweight barrels, and a few CQ issues. They got a lot of shit at one point, but they've also worked very hard to rebuild their image the last couple years.

I have a CMMG midlength upper that has been dead-nuts reliable through almost 1,500 rounds. I mated it to a CMMG lower I assembled. The mag well, unfortunately, is very tight, but otherwise it's a great setup. You also would be hard-pressed to find a better .22 conversion kit. I absolutely love mine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 2:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a CMMG Mod4sa and it runs like a well oiled machine should. It's chrome lined so accuracy is not exactly stellar but it doesn't disappoint either. So far 600 rounds with only one failure that turned out to be mag related.
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The fun shop I work at on the weekends sells them a lot.  It is a small shop where all customers are encouraged to bring their rifles back for free cleaning and inspection when ever they like.  I have only seen two problems that were due to operator error.  One was with a 22 conversion kit and the other was a customer that reloaded his own ammo.  Both problems were able to be fixed in the shop.  Bottom line, is that they sell 4-6 a week and we have not ever had a disappointed customer.   I have a piston 5.56 and we use it as our beater fun gun. At one time we went 20,000 rounds of steel cased rounds without cleaning, other than a boresnake.  It still runs great!  Its up to about 65,000 rounds and I would still trust the thing with my life!
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]
14.5 upper on top of a LMT lower. My goto gun. Not a problem.
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got 2 CMMG 1/7 govt profile middies, a 16" and a 14.5. I've run them both hard for several years and they have never failed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I own one 16" M4 type upper w/ bolt group. It functions very well, has an excellent finish, and of my three ARs it has the straightest front sight base. YMMV
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
My friend has one and it has been problem free.  The only problem I have had with it is after he put optics and the rest of his goodies it was as heavy as a tank.
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The fun shop I work at on the weekends sells them a lot.  It is a small shop where all customers are encouraged to bring their rifles back for free cleaning and inspection when ever they like.  I have only seen two problems that were due to operator error.  One was with a 22 conversion kit and the other was a customer that reloaded his own ammo.  Both problems were able to be fixed in the shop.  Bottom line, is that they sell 4-6 a week and we have not ever had a disappointed customer.   I have a piston 5.56 and we use it as our beater fun gun. At one time we went 20,000 rounds of steel cased rounds without cleaning, other than a boresnake.  It still runs great!  Its up to about 65,000 rounds and I would still trust the thing with my life!

I was hoping to use steel case ammo, but read that cmmg wasp coated barrels will have their warranty voided if such happens. Is your particular barrel wasp coated? I dont really see how it could really have such a drastic effect...can you or anybody shed some light on this?
Btw, thanks for the solid feedback everybody, im pumped up about the rifle for sure now!
Link Posted: 6/25/2011 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine is chrome-lined 1 in 7".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top