Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2011 1:35:14 PM EDT
what's the serial number  cut off date for Eagle Arms pre ban AR15 rifles
any more info is appreciative
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it was around 30000.  I have lower that is 304XX that just missed the cut-off and is "post-ban".  I called Eagle Arms years ago and got this information.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
This may sound stupid, But I thought the ban was dropped when Bush did not sign it back into law.
Does it make a difference when building or buying a rifle now in post ban and pre ban?
Sorry I just don't know the law on this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This may sound stupid, But I thought the ban was dropped when Bush did not sign it back into law.
Does it make a difference when building or buying a rifle now in post ban and pre ban?
Sorry I just don't know the law on this.

OP is in CT where they have a state AW ban.

The Eagle I purchased in late spring 1994 was 14xxx.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
any one got more info on that ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Eagle Arms kind of became Armalite.  They will research for a small fee.  There are serial# ranges posted online though.  Check the pre-ban thread tacked in the New England Hometown forum.  Good info there.

I have EA #704X
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I always thought if it was made in coal valley your good to go and also the SN can't begin with EA
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Eagle Arms kind of became Armalite.  They will research for a small fee.  There are serial# ranges posted online though.  Check the pre-ban thread tacked in the New England Hometown forum.  Good info there.

I have EA #704X

I have #109X that I bought direct from Eagle Arms when Glasier owned the company & answered the phones himself!

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have EA #704X

I have #109X that I bought direct from Eagle Arms when Glasier owned the company & answered the phones himself!

Lol, well.......I was probably busy playing with legos or something back then.

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have EA #704X

Thanks for making me feel so old!       Snif! snif!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have EA #704X

so the 109X range what year was that , do u remmember
thanks

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have EA #704X

thanks

thanks

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle Arms ea-15, serial # 15xxx, bought in 91 or 92. you used to be able to check online and they said it appears to be pre-ban, whatever that means.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eagle Arms ea-15, serial # 15xxx, bought in 91 or 92. you used to be able to check online and they said it appears to be pre-ban, whatever that means.

the one i am looking to buy is EA-15
serial number 1030x
so i am good to go ???
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd call Armalite and pay whatever little fee they charge to be sure. Better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the one i am looking to buy is EA-15
serial number 1030x
so i am good to go ???

Its preban Here's on that sold last year in the 20000 range
http://ee.ar15.com/ItemView.aspx?iid=49050
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#16]
confirmed  10000 range made 1993
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Eagle Arms kind of became Armalite. They will research for a small fee. There are serial# ranges posted online though. Check the pre-ban thread tacked in the New England Hometown forum. Good info there.

I have EA #704X

I have 63XX

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top