BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:12:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#1]
Well dang Brownell's is out of A110's and the Badger 1.4 Unimount :(.  I ain't schlepping forever for some 22h no-humps again.  Maybe I should just run my 22m No Humps, as I will likely flip the H once I get the Mod 1 gang back together lol.

Barrel will be last piece.  I guess I'm just going to order the Douglas from CLE with Match Chamber unless someone convinces me otherwise...  I looked at the CLE offerings, ie the Criterion, as well as the Ballistic Advantage, which is much less, and is 223 Wylde vs "Match" like the CLE Douglas and Criterion - not sure if one chamber is better over the other tbh.  HCS's Douglas (while almost $100 more than CLE's Douglas) states "optimized for use with MK262" - not sure how that compares to the others.  Oh the WOA also, it's a Wylde Chamber as well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Well dang Brownell's is out of A110's and the Badger 1.4 Unimount :(.  I ain't schlepping forever for some 22h no-humps again.  Maybe I should just run my 22m No Humps, as I will likely flip the H once I get the Mod 1 gang back together lol.

Barrel will be last piece.  I guess I'm just going to order the Douglas from CLE with Match Chamber unless someone convinces me otherwise...  I looked at the CLE offerings, ie the Criterion, as well as the Ballistic Advantage, which is much less, and is 223 Wylde vs "Match" like the CLE Douglass and Criterion - not sure if one chamber is better over the other tbh.  HCS's Douglas (while almost $100 more than CLE's Douglass) states "optimized for use with MK262" - not sure how that compares to the others.  Oh the WOA also, it's a Wylde Chamber as well.
View Quote
CLE seems to get the most consistently good reviews for on here if we're comparing the folks spinning Douglas Mk12 barrels.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Any issue with PRIs Douglas barrel?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MJ11B4P:
Any issue with PRIs Douglas barrel?
View Quote
PRI's barrels are a 5.56 chamber, which I believe is correct for Mod 1 clones. Wylde or CLE chambers are tighter than the normal 5.56 chambers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 12:11:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#5]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

PRI's barrels are a 5.56 chamber, which I believe is correct for Mod 1 clones. Wylde or CLE chambers are tighter than the normal 5.56 chambers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hmm... CLE's offerings are "CLE Match" and Wylde... I guess PRI's and HCA's Douglas would be more correct then?

EDIT -
I did find this on the CLE concerning differences betweeh CLE's Match Chamber and the Wylde Chamber...

The CLE match chamber is basically the same as a .223 SAAMI spec chamber with a modified lead angle in the throat. The CLE chamber has a 1.5 degree lead angle per side where the .223 is over 3 degrees. This allows for less bullet jump with out of the magazine ammo yet still providing an advantageous lead angle for modern high ballistic coefficient bullets. The Wylde chamber is .002 bigger in the cartridge case area and has a longer throat.
On the average the CLE chamber will shoot 23% smaller groups with out of the magazine ammo. The CLE match chamber will give better barrel life due to the shorter throat and gives slightly higher pressure.

There has been no problem shooting PMC, Lake City and IMI .556 Rounds out of the CLE chamber.

It is ultimately up to the shooter to determine the suitability of the ammo in a particular firearm.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Hmm... CLE's offerings are "CLE Match" and Wylde... I guess PRI's and HCA's Douglas would be more correct then?

EDIT -
I did find this on the CLE concerning differences betweeh CLE's Match Chamber and the Wylde Chamber...
View Quote
I've shot a lot of MK 262 out of CLE chambers and have never had an issues.

Dan
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Mod 0 shot lights out this morning.  Cold bore shot down low.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#8]
Jeez I  feel like a newbie again lol.  DD or Badger Gas Block.  I've always used DD which I can pick up locally, but have been reading the Badger is actually the correct one?  I guess the knock on the Badger is the press fit?  I have to order a Unimount anyway so can order the Badger Gas Block as well if that's the one.

And a PSA - Putting my Mod H upper and 22M No Humps in the EE shortly...
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Barrel will be last piece.  I guess I'm just going to order the Douglas from CLE with Match Chamber unless someone convinces me otherwise...  I looked at the CLE offerings, ie the Criterion, as well as the Ballistic Advantage, which is much less, and is 223 Wylde vs "Match" like the CLE Douglas and Criterion - not sure if one chamber is better over the other tbh.  HCS's Douglas (while almost $100 more than CLE's Douglas) states "optimized for use with MK262" - not sure how that compares to the others.  Oh the WOA also, it's a Wylde Chamber as well.
View Quote
Circling back on the barrel, I decided to go with the Balistic Advantage SPR, for a few reasons... one they are on sale right now ;), two they are semi-local so like giving business close to home, and tres I called them today and talked with them and they seemed like really nice folks.

Honestly, for the price if I hate it I can pull it and swap to a Douglas, but after searching I haven't found anyone that has anything bad to say about BA barrels.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:44:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner63a] [#10]
If anybody else is dead set on having a TAS-1 SPR sling, I've finally found a retail source for the 1" Atlantic Cord and Webbing QR Buckle vs having to buy 1000pcs at wholesale:
Attachment Attached File

I would do a short run of the black  SPR slings with the webbing HK hook to the 1 1/4" Uncle Mikes Mil QD Swivel adapter itself and the stock adapter if needed, you supply your own Uncle Mikes 1 1/4" Mil QD Swivel and KAC 98721.  Some of the ITW parts have to ship from Canada so will still be a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeez I  feel like a newbie again lol.  DD or Badger Gas Block.  I've always used DD which I can pick up locally, but have been reading the Badger is actually the correct one?  I guess the knock on the Badger is the press fit?  I have to order a Unimount anyway so can order the Badger Gas Block as well if that's the one.

And a PSA - Putting my Mod H upper and 22M No Humps in the EE shortly...
View Quote
Well I went with the Badger gas block, added it to the unimount order.  If I can't make it work I can always pick up the DD locally.

So pretty much all parts inbound... just the wait now lol.

Somebody go buy my Mod H in the EE, I needs to pay for all this stuff haha
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Parts inbound... Handguard arrived today, upper, barrel, gas block and scope mount should all arrive by Wed... I hope.  Be nice to build it up before the holiday ;).

Hopefully the Badger Gas Block doesn't cause too much of an issue during install...
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Parts inbound... Handguard arrived today, upper, barrel, gas block and scope mount should all arrive by Wed... I hope.  Be nice to build it up before the holiday ;).

Hopefully the Badger Gas Block doesn't cause too much of an issue during install...
View Quote
Toss it in a 400 degree oven.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Just use a propane torch or a block of wood to pound it on.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
definitely a press fit gas block. I do not even bother anymore, do not have the right tools for the job and i prefer the badger block over the DD block. Uppers go off to JT at Retro Arms Works for assembly now, great guy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I figured I would try the oven method.  I've also got a brake cylinder hone that might be handy as well - I've had to hone a few DD gas blocks in the past tbh.

I've read freeze the barrel and NOT to freeze the barrel, so I will try not freezing and see how it goes.

Barrel arrives tomorrow, benefits of being close to manf :).  Upper, Gas Block and Unimount Wed.  Other stuff I already have so looks like it's coming together nicely :).
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 10:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#17]
Yeah I figured I would try the oven method.  I've also got a brake cylinder hone that might be handy as well - I've had to hone a few DD gas blocks in the past tbh.

I've read freeze the barrel and NOT to freeze the barrel, so I will try not freezing and see how it goes.

Barrel arrives tomorrow, benefits of being close to manf :).  Upper, Gas Block and Unimount Wed.  Other stuff I already have so looks like it's coming together nicely :).
View Quote
That's how I'd do it (freeze barrel, heat block). I use those exact methods for assembling certain systems on the equipment I work on for a living.

I also have a 100-ton press if that doesn't work.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 7:28:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARegularGuy2424] [#18]
Noob question. I know it's blasphemy but I am using a Non Ambi Kac lower for my Mod 1 and the A2 stock is all the way tightened up and it rattles a bit. Is that normal? It seems like it is a tiny tiny bit loose like it needs a little more tightening but it won't get tighter.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#19]
hole-lee-shiat

Just got a marketing/spam email showing that Charlies Custom clones is selling the same m16a1 retro release colt lower for $1799

i guess AU did give me a smoking deal

wow, LOL
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ARegularGuy2424:
Noob question. I know it's blasphemy but I am using a Non Ambi Kac lower for my Mod 1 and the A2 stock is all the way tightened up and it rattles a bit. Is that normal? It seems like it is a tiny tiny bit loose like it needs a little more tightening but it won't get tighter.
View Quote
Try with putting an oring between the stock and receiver.. colt used to do so on M16A1..
You’ll be even more clone correct then
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#21]
What kind of mount is best for a Trijicon RMR on the rail on top of the front scope mount? Lots of photos here with the bare rail and no RMR installed. I'm not looking for a clone but a modern version of the Mk12. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#22]
The Badger Gas Block wound up not being much trouble at all.  Heated it a bit and it slid right on.  We are almost there, but I realized the crush washer I had in my spares is a 762 size, not 556 lol.  So off to the gun store I go.  Also the Bal. Adv. barrel wasn't dimpled, that was a surprise.  I didn't drill dimples...yet.  Going to run it tightened with loctite and see how it does.  I can always pull the screws and drill it if I need to.

It's soooo black though lol...

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Well we are back in business... still needs painting but won't bother with that until I get some rounds through it to test the build.  Not wild about how far the gas block screws stick out below the block, but they are loctited in and did cut witness marks on the barrel.  I'll keep an eye on them. Getting over 6 turns on the AEM5 so that worked out too.  Still need the 200-600,  but it's en-route, should be here Friday.  Also haven't decided whether to put the A1 stock back on... I've gotten used to the Sopmod shooting the H lol.

Crappy indoor pic, but it's pouring down rain outside.  I think my range is open tomorrow, I will likely swing over and start testing it out.

And yes, that's a redi-catch on the bolt release... have them on all my AR's.  Super useful imo, and if you don't like it, you can s*&k my nods

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#24]
hole-lee-shiat

Just got a marketing/spam email showing that Charlies Custom clones is selling the same m16a1 retro release colt lower for $1799

i guess AU did give me a smoking deal

wow, LOL
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]
The Badger Gas Block wound up not being much trouble at all.  Heated it a bit and it slid right on.  We are almost there, but I realized the crush washer I had in my spares is a 762 size, not 556 lol.  So off to the gun store I go.  Also the Bal. Adv. barrel wasn't dimpled, that was a surprise.  I didn't drill dimples...yet.  Going to run it tightened with loctite and see how it does.  I can always pull the screws and drill it if I need to.

It's soooo black though lol...

https://i.imgur.com/yhP0zI1l.jpg
View Quote
I ordered a pack of washers once and they had tossed a 762 in with them. I didn't notice until I grabbed it. Luckily I had extras.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Well we are back in business... still needs painting but won't bother with that until I get some rounds through it to test the build.  Not wild about how far the gas block screws stick out below the block, but they are loctited in and did cut witness marks on the barrel.  I'll keep an eye on them. Getting over 6 turns on the AEM5 so that worked out too.  Still need the 200-600,  but it's en-route, should be here Friday.  Also haven't decided whether to put the A1 stock back on... I've gotten used to the Sopmod shooting the H lol.

Crappy indoor pic, but it's pouring down rain outside.  I think my range is open tomorrow, I will likely swing over and start testing it out.

And yes, that's a redi-catch on the bolt release... have them on all my AR's.  Super useful imo, and if you don't like it, you can s*&k my nods

https://i.imgur.com/weZRgNOh.jpg
View Quote
When SOPMOD is an option, SOPMOD is the answer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

When SOPMOD is an option, SOPMOD is the answer.
View Quote
yeah, the A1 looks baller, but there's no doubting the practicality of using the SOPMOD...

Link Posted: 7/4/2019 9:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb] [#28]

Happy 4th
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Happy 4th all...  

Good day on the range with the new Mod 1 upper... nothing came undone :).  I still don't care for the aesthetics of the screws poking out of the bottom of the Badger gas block, but it didn't move or loosen up.  Did some basic barrel break in and got it sighted in.  Got some nice results with BH 69g TMK but as usual 77gr MK262 was the star - was able to get 5 in the same hole one one group, but all MK262 groups were nice and tight.  Wolf Gold of course opened up a bit but still acceptable.  POI shift with the AEM5 was about 2 MOA right vs un-suppressed, with a minor elevation drop as well.

Need another trip or two to get some rounds down the barrel, do final scope position/sight-in, etc, then I can get some paint on this bad boy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 4:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#30]
Took the mk12 out today and got some chrono data. This was with the BA Premium SPR barrel. I will be switching to the PRI Douglas 1-7 next week and will chrono that one as well.

I figured since these are the two types of ammo that almost everyone uses, this info might be helpful. All shots were with the AEM5 on the gun.

Temp: 86
Humidity: 63%
Barometer: 30.00 inHg
Altitude: 860ft

Magtech 77gr OTM
Min: 2705
Max: 2785
Avg: 2737
S-D:25.4
ES: 80
1: 2710
2: 2745
3: 2744
4: 2719
5: 2717
6: 2717
7: 2730
8: 2740
9: 2711
10: 2785
11: 2785
12: 2705
13: 2762
14: 2747
15: 2744

IMI 77gr Razorcore
Min: 2588
Max: 2703
Avg: 2618
S-D: 30
ES: 115
1: 2600
2: 2605
3: 2703
4: 2622
5: 2625
6: 2610
7: 2589
8: 2588
9: 2622
10: 2599
11: 2600
12: 2613
13: 2637
14: 2600
15: 2659

I can't get my BA barrel to shoot well to save my life. At best it's a 1.5-2 MOA rifle for me. A friend of mine has one that shoots sub MOA though...  Just waiting for the Douglas to arrive
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mister_Mxyzptlk:
What kind of mount is best for a Trijicon RMR on the rail on top of the front scope mount? Lots of photos here with the bare rail and no RMR installed. I'm not looking for a clone but a modern version of the Mk12. Thanks.
View Quote
Anyone?

Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone?

https://i.imgur.com/ts2lKXw.jpg
View All Quotes
Anyone?

https://i.imgur.com/ts2lKXw.jpg
You just need a low Picatinny mount. Try the Trijicon RM33 unless you want QD.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

You just need a low Picatinny mount. Try the Trijicon RM33 unless you want QD.
View Quote
10-4, thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey guys, I'm looking to get into the MK12 game. Someone is wanting to trade me a complete MK 12 Mod 1. Built by High Caliber sales, comes with optic. What do you think of this build and what you you appraise its value at? He's wanting to trade it for a pretty pricey gun and I don't know if its worth $4,000 or $2,000.

Link Posted: 7/8/2019 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jmar_:
Hey guys, I'm looking to get into the MK12 game. Someone is wanting to trade me a complete MK 12 Mod 1. Built by High Caliber sales, comes with optic. What do you think of this build and what you you appraise its value at? He's wanting to trade it for a pretty pricey gun and I don't know if its worth $4,000 or $2,000.

https://i.imgur.com/dP9LaV2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zKsU8qp.jpg
View Quote
4k doesn't seem far off for rifle with optic. Optic alone is pulling quite a bit, HCS uppers are very clone, and lower looks decent. I'd have to break it down and I don't recall what HCS was charging for a new upper. What lower is it on?
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: c_anthony] [#36]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
4k doesn't seem far off for rifle with optic. Optic alone is pulling quite a bit, HCS uppers are very clone, and lower looks decent. I'd have to break it down and I don't recall what HCS was charging for a new upper. What lower is it on?
View All Quotes

KAC ambi.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#38]

KAC ambi.
View Quote
which is a $500+ lower by itself i think?
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#39]
View All Quotes

KAC ambi.
Easily (if complete with KAC goodies).

ETA: It's also the version with the built in QD cups. They didn't make those for very long, so that could up the value.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]

someone take calipers or a dial bore gauge to the ID of your tight mod 1  gas block and tell me if its .745. my badger OPS long collar was .745 ID and wouldnt fit until i opened it up .004-.005.

ive hammered this to death before. but for old times sake, lets see if badger is STILLL out of tolerance. :)
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#41]

ETA: It's also the version with the built in QD cups. They didn't make those for very long, so that could up the value.
View All Quotes

KAC ambi.

I'll bet that lower would be gone in a day on the EE at $750.

Scope w/rings is another $1200.00.
HCS website shows $1955.00 for upper with KAC front and rear sites.

I'd want paper work showing it is indeed an HCS build.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
https://i.postimg.cc/J4r73Pcs/IMG-20190708-203003.png

https://i.postimg.cc/hGrpm4Sz/IMG-20190708-203800.png

someone take calipers or a dial bore gauge to the ID of your tight mod 1  gas block and tell me if its .745. my badger OPS long collar was .745 ID and wouldnt fit until i opened it up .004-.005.

ive hammered this to death before. but for old times sake, lets see if badger is STILLL out of tolerance. :)
View Quote
Damn, 5 thou under?
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

KAC ambi.

It could be flipped easily and recoup some of the cost or put towards other clone goodies. I like Knight's stuff, so I'd probably re-home the lower and run a Nodak or Brownells A1.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the advice everyone! Appreciate you helping a newbie like me. He says it is a Knights lower, LMT buttstock, Leupold Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm 77gr M2 turrets. He says he does not have the spec sheet so sadly so I don't think there is a guarantee it was made by HCS. Gun he wants to trade for I'm asking $3,650 for but I'm having a hard time selling it so I figured I'd accept trades for something with around the same value that is easier to sell. If I do sell it ofcourse, I'm more of a bolt guy and have been planning for a MK13 clone build  for a while. Think its a fair trade?
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the advice everyone! Appreciate you helping a newbie like me. He says it is a Knights lower, LMT buttstock, Leupold Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm 77gr M2 turrets. He says he does not have the spec sheet so sadly so I don't think there is a guarantee it was made by HCS. Gun he wants to trade for I'm asking $3,650 for but I'm having a hard time selling it so I figured I'd accept trades for something with around the same value that is easier to sell. If I do sell it ofcourse, I'm more of a bolt guy and have been planning for a MK13 clone build  for a while. Think its a fair trade?
View Quote
Depends on how tied you are to the rifle you've currently got. Since you're selling it, it tells me you're not. Like said earlier, you could flip the lower and "make" $7-800 and put that towards a more correct lower. I'd probably do it if I was in your shoes since the lower would be nice to have and A1 profile lowers are easy enough to come by.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:49:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#46]

View Quote
HCS MK12 Upper is 1950 new.  Optic new from Charlies (ugh) is $1650 it appears, and on the used market anywhere from 1200 up to 2K+ for stupid folks.  So NEW, you are looking at $3600 without the lower.  KAC Lower ups it over 4K NEW for sure.

Now, that lower, while nice, you would want to replace with something more correct, at least if you want to play in the clone threads :)  So factor in adding a Colt or maybe a Brownells/Nodak A1 lower or an 80%.  Plus you'll want to change the stock to a Gen 1 or an A1 setup as well.  And the rings will eventually bother you and you'll be searching for No Hump 22's :).

Personally I'd be looking to offer between 3K to 3300 or so, depending on how bad you really want a MK12 and the condition, round count, etc.  Actually I would try to get the upper/optic only, unless you really wanted that lower for some reason.  It won' fly in the clone forums :) so you'll be wanting to replace it anyway, and changing the stock to a Gen 1 or A1 setup.  But you could flip the lower pretty easily too as already mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#47]
HCS MK12 Upper is 1950 new.  Optic new from Charlies (ugh) is $1650 it appears, and on the used market anywhere from 1200 up to 2K+ for stupid folks.  So NEW, you are looking at $3600 without the lower.  KAC Lower ups it over 4K NEW for sure.

Now, that lower, while nice, you would want to replace with something more correct, at least if you want to play in the clone threads :)  So factor in adding a Colt or maybe a Brownells/Nodak A1 lower or an 80%.  Plus you'll want to change the stock to a Gen 1 or an A1 setup as well.  And the rings will eventually bother you and you'll be searching for No Hump 22's :).

Personally I'd be looking to offer between 3K to 3300 or so, depending on how bad you really want a MK12 and the condition, round count, etc.  Actually I would try to get the upper/optic only, unless you really wanted that lower for some reason.  It won' fly in the clone forums :) so you'll be wanting to replace it anyway, and changing the stock to a Gen 1 or A1 setup.  But you could flip the lower pretty easily too as already mentioned.
View All Quotes

Or, the actual correct answer is take the whole rifle, pick up a Brownells or do an 80% later on, and after that, get you an SR15 upper to go with the KAC Ambi lower.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Or, the actual correct answer is take the whole rifle, pick up a Brownells or do an 80% later on, and after that, get you an SR15 upper to go with the KAC Ambi lower.
View Quote
Yup, that works too :).   Easy to spend other peoples money lol.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I do own a Colt LE6290 that has a lower that says M4 Carbine. I suppose that would be better even though it does no say for govt use only. Is the Knights lower used on any clone rifles? I did some scrolling through this thread and did see some people were using the SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I do own a Colt LE6290 that has a lower that says M4 Carbine. I suppose that would be better even though it does no say for govt use only. Is the Knights lower used on any clone rifles? I did some scrolling through this thread and did see some people were using the SOPMOD stock.
View Quote
Only on the 12's big brothers (M110, Mk11) but that's obviously a different platform.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top