Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What do NLS 22H's go for these days?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It really depends on how bad you want them...the last 2 sets I sold were around 275 if I recall. You can still find them floating around for 80.00 to 100.00 if your quick and they do not know what they have. A few guys are modifying them by machining off the lever stops, but you can still tell they have been modified because the font style underneath the ring base is different for NLS to LS rings. It really depends on how OCD you want to be.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Got rid of my Holland a few months back to go back to a Mod 1. Finally got her all built up today.

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Got rid of my Holland a few months back to go back to a Mod 1. Finally got her all built up today.

https://i.imgur.com/NVIwJHM.jpg
View Quote
That looks pretty...

...heavy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What buffer weights are you guys with collapsible stocks running?  H?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Fucking hell!
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Love it....spray paint it now
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Awesome set up! That is exactly what I want to do... I have eveything except for the PVS-30 Just too poor right now lol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two pairs of non stop 22H rings I was thinking of selling. They were both painted by the professionals who used them, I cleaned one pair off so if/when I decide to sell them the buyer(s) can see they are factory original NLS rings.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By k9ghost:
I have two pairs of non stop 22H rings I was thinking of selling. They were both painted by the professionals who used them, I cleaned one pair off so if/when I decide to sell them the buyer(s) can see they are factory original NLS rings.
View Quote
I just need one pair.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Dibs
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]
PM me your number I can text you a few pics if you want to see the pair I cleaned
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent a few pics
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent a few pics
View Quote
I got 'em.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I got 'em.
View Quote
Seconds lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
If one had to get rid of a Holland... this is a fairly good trade
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#17]
You gotta tell me what your tripod setup.  Parts, pieces, brands, etc
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bboehme:

You gotta tell me what your tripod setup.  Parts, pieces, brands, etc
View Quote
He’s got the spendy set up, I think it’s in the $700-800 range. It’s called the HOG Saddle. I just got the Night Stalker set up from Night Goggles, it’s kind of a lighter duty version, called the Pig Saddle. It’s friggin awesome. Highly recommended!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:51:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#19]
From a photographer that's been around the block with gear...

Tripods:
RRS or Gitzo

Heads:
RRS or Kirk (kirks are dated, but they are bomb proof)

The reality is any cheap tripod is going to shake and vibrate like a bitch.  You can get around this by going used, but it's still going to be a few hundred for a 10 year old tripod.

Edit - Old ass picture, but still the same tripod/head.  Kirk BH-1 and Gitzo.

Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
From a photographer that's been around the block with gear...

Tripods:
RRS or Gitzo

Heads:
RRS or Kirk (kirks are dated, but they are bomb proof)

The reality is any cheap tripod is going to shake and vibrate like a bitch.  You can get around this by going used, but it's still going to be a few hundred for a 10 year old tripod.

Edit - Old ass picture, but still the same tripod/head.  Kirk BH-1 and Gitzo.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3665/13743873955_d8d937d27c_b.jpg
View Quote
He's right. I've got a SLIK tripod, and while it's great for many things, it definitely bounces when trying to shoot from it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Induro makes decent budget tripods, but they're still $350+.  At that price point find an old Gitzo.

This is not a gear snob thing.  I just want you guys with cheap tripods to know what you're missing out on.  Shitty tripods are infuriating.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Induro makes decent budget tripods, but they're still $350+.  At that price point find an old Gitzo.

This is not a gear snob thing.  I just want you guys with cheap tripods to know what you're missing out on.  Shitty tripods are infuriating.
View Quote
Gear snob? Fuckit. I'm totally a gear snob. None of the hobbies I'm into are for peasants, lol. And I'm mostly a peasant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had really really good success with a Manfrotto 055 tripod, Sunwayfoto 52 head, and hog saddle. Tripod was the cheapest part! Just don't spray paint the center column. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Nice.

Don't know what it is, but I love Mod 1s - AR15s and Knights rails go together like PB&J.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Steinhatchee] [#25]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:
View Quote
I almost thought I was hallucinating when I came back to look at your post again. Lol

Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

I almost thought I was hallucinating when I came back to look at your post again. Lol

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Gear snob? Fuckit. I'm totally a gear snob. None of the hobbies I'm into are for peasants, lol. And I'm mostly a peasant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gotta agree with you RTUtah, if my wife only knew. Have shot a fair number of PRS and similar matches over this past decade. Have used a variety of tripods/ball head setups and quite honestly you get what you pay for. Some decent tripods and ballhead's are made by Manfrotto  but their ballhead's  the ones that are rated for weight, weigh as much if not  more  than some tripods. Running a PRST tripod sold by Joshua at Hog Saddle works decent for something weighing close to a MK12. A Feisol 3372 is a good alternative if you don't have the cash for a RRS tripod. Running a PRST with a RRS levelling base instead of a ball head at the minute as a stop gap measure. A RRS tripod will have to wait because of Christmas.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Still a work in progress and I don't know why IMGUR puts that adating.com crap on the bottom of the pics

Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys with regards the versapod bipod on the early MK12 was there any different variations of the bipod itself? Anyone have any good pictures of one, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:
Still a work in progress and I don't know why IMGUR puts that adating.com crap on the bottom of the pics

http://www.imgurupload.com/images/2018/01/13/20180105_153241.md.jpg
http://www.imgurupload.com/images/2018/01/13/20180105_153347.md.jpg
View Quote
Need more close ups of that H
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#32]
Alright I need some advice here. Below top photo is the current build as it sits, the last things to do are swap the scope mount, get a gas buster, and swap the A2 stock for an A1 and I will be happy. It is currently in a Brownells A1 profile blem lower. I am just not that crazy about the Brownells lower. It just seems like such a cheap lower to be mixed in with Colt, KAC, Centurion, Geissele, and Nightforce parts. I'm not a huge fan of Brownells and the Blem engravings on the opposite side bug me.

I also have a KAC SR15 stripped lower that I use for my binary trigger. The binary is a fun range toy but I feel like the KAC should be used to better purposes than purely a binary toy.

Should I swap the KAC onto the Mk12 and use Brownells on a different build? (the stock, grip, and G trigger would swap over as well) I know A1 lower is more correct but this is my favorite of my ARs and I feel it just deserves a better lower. I feel like I am just being picky and just need to shoot the damn gun more haha.

Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Keep the A1 lower. I don't know why, but A2 lowers on Mk12's stick out like a sore thumb to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
Alright I need some advice here. Below top photo is the current build as it sits, the last things to do are swap the scope mount, get a gas buster, and swap the A2 stock for an A1 and I will be happy. It is currently in a Brownells A1 profile blem lower. I am just not that crazy about the Brownells lower. It just seems like such a cheap lower to be mixed in with Colt, KAC, Douglas, and Nightforce parts. I'm not a huge fan of Brownells and the Blem engravings on the opposite side bug me.

I also have a KAC SR15 stripped lower that I use for my binary trigger. The binary is a fun range toy but I feel like the KAC should be used to better purposes than purely a binary toy.

Should I swap the KAC onto the Mk12 and use Brownells on a different build? (the stock, grip, and G trigger would swap over as well) I know A1 lower is more correct but this is my favorite of my ARs and I feel it just deserves a better lower. I feel like I am just being picky and just need to shoot the damn gun more haha.

http://i.imgur.com/eJB7Vg8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ju2f319.jpg
View Quote
@JSchell1309
I don't think the KAC lower looks bad on it but I'm more of a purist. I say buy a Colt lower from brownells for $249. Keep your KAC for some "cooler" build and throw your brownells lower on the fun gun with the binary toy. Then again, my OCD usually leads me to spending more money....
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:00:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#35]
Keep the A1 lower. I don't know why, but A2 lowers on Mk12's stick out like a sore thumb to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I know as soon as I swap I will regret it and swap back. I just think the A1 could be better, like a more square front pin boss. Maybe I'll go down the black hole of an 80% and braceman Hydramatics engravings.

@JSchell1309
I don't think the KAC lower looks bad on it but I'm more of a purist. I say buy a Colt lower from brownells for $249. Keep your KAC for some "cooler" build and throw your brownells lower on the fun gun with the binary toy. Then again, my OCD usually leads me to spending more money....
I actually did pick up one of those $250 colt lowers on Black Friday. It's currently in pistol format with a Mk18 CQBR upper until I submit SBR paperwork on it. I should buy a Donkey Show or some other stupid lower for the binary. Build the KAC into a M4A1 Block 2 or something.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#36]

I know as soon as I swap I will regret it and swap back. I just think the A1 could be better, like a more square front pin boss. Maybe I'll go down the black hole of an 80% and braceman Hydramatics engravings.

I actually did pick up one of those $250 colt lowers on Black Friday. It's currently in pistol format with a Mk12 upper until I submit SBR paperwork on it. I should buy a Donkey Show or some other stupid lower for the binary. Build the KAC into a M4A1 Block 2 or something.
View Quote
Now you're talking! lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Now you're talking! lol
View Quote
I actually have my MK12 stuff out if I could figure out how to upload a dang photo on here. (reading now)
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#38]

I actually have my MK12 stuff out if I could figure out how to upload a dang photo on here. (reading now)
View Quote
I find it easier to upload to imgur.com. You may need to make an account. Once you do it's simple to upload, then click on the photo, select "direct link" from the drop down. Then copy and paste that image link to the [img tags here.

Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:15:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#39]
" />

Mk12's...almost!
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#40]

I find it easier to upload to imgur.com. You may need to make an account. Once you do it's simple to upload, then click on the photo, select "direct link" from the drop down. Then copy and paste that image link to the http://i.imgur.com/q7Trvkf.jpg
View Quote
Ahhh, thank you! I think I'm going to create an account there instead then. Simple is good.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Alright I need some advice here. Below top photo is the current build as it sits, the last things to do are swap the scope mount, get a gas buster, and swap the A2 stock for an A1 and I will be happy. It is currently in a Brownells A1 profile blem lower. I am just not that crazy about the Brownells lower. It just seems like such a cheap lower to be mixed in with Colt, KAC, Centurion, Geissele, and Nightforce parts. I'm not a huge fan of Brownells and the Blem engravings on the opposite side bug me.

http://i.imgur.com/eJB7Vg8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ju2f319.jpg
View Quote
Keep the Brownells Lower, IIRC it was widely reported the Brownells is really a Nodak NDS-16A1 supplied to Brownells.  IMO the only reason to change would be to an custom marked 80% A1.  SR15 Lower while nice isn't really correct for MK12 either - I actually bought one but it sat in box for about 6mo and a buddy wanted more than I did so wound up selling it.

If you are moving to correct rings and scope, or even just to correct rings, you might wind up keeping that A2 stock lol, the Eye Relief is terrible and the extra 1/2" or so of the A2 over the A1 really helps.  Every time I slide on my A1 I regret it and sheepishly switch back to the A2 - Even though the A1 is mad sexy :).

Here's the A1 stock/Brownells A1 (got mine prior to the "blems" with right side markings) before I swapped from the Leupold to the NF 2-10x24...  Guess i need to take some updated pics.

Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Lol....no wonder you wanted the #36 s-ex
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#43]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

If you are moving to correct rings and scope, or even just to correct rings, you might wind up keeping that A2 stock lol, the Eye Relief is terrible and the extra 1/2" or so of the A2 over the A1 really helps.  Every time I slide on my A1 I regret it and sheepishly switch back to the A2 - Even though the A1 is mad sexy :).

Here's the A1 stock/Brownells A1 (got mine prior to the "blems" with right side markings) before I swapped from the Leupold to the NF 2-10x24...  Guess i need to take some updated pics.
View Quote
Thanks for the advice man, great looking mod 1 too.

I go back and forth on what rings/mount to use all the time. I bought the NXS used already in the Bobro mount and it has been working great as a placeholder until I figure my shit out, fantastic QD mount. I have a Vortex on anther build in an ADM Recon mount and I would probably sell that off and replace it with this Bobro when I do swap it out.

The scope is a NXS 3.5-15 F1 and I have at least one photo of one on a Mk12 in the wild. So for now the scope stay as this is my only long range stick in the safe and the extra magnification is nice for small 1-2 MOA steel at longer distances.

As for what to put on, I'm not the biggest fan of the Arms 22 due to the eye relief on a mod 1. I was thinking going unimount but also not a huge fan of LaRue mounts even though I know they are the next most correct after Arms. Was thinking of a Nighforce Unimount to do the scope some justice and put it in a rock solid mount. Are there any in the wild in a Badger unimount or any other cantilever mount other than a LaRue?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:58:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5pt56] [#44]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:

Lol....no wonder you wanted the #36 s-ex
View Quote
Yep!!

Trying to finish up the Mod 1.
Getting close on the Mod 0
Pile o' parts for the Mod H and Mod 0 Gen 2 still.

And somehow I have an "extra" BA OPS 12th model profile barrel and PRI set screw FSB that will have to apparently create itself into a mod X
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Thanks for the advice man, great looking mod 1 too.

I go back and forth on what rings/mount to use all the time. I bought the NXS used already in the Bobro mount and it has been working great as a placeholder until I figure my shit out, fantastic QD mount. I have a Vortex on anther build in an ADM Recon mount and I would probably sell that off and replace it with this Bobro when I do swap it out.

The scope is a NXS 3.5-15 F1 and I have at least one photo of one on a Mk12 in the wild. So for now the scope stay as this is my only long range stick in the safe and the extra magnification is nice for small 1-2 MOA steel at longer distances.

As for what to put on, I'm not the biggest fan of the Arms 22 due to the eye relief on a mod 1. I was thinking going unimount but also not a huge fan of LaRue mounts even though I know they are the next most correct after Arms. Was thinking of a Nighforce Unimount to do the scope some justice and put it in a rock solid mount. Are there any in the wild in a Badger unimount or any other cantilever mount other than a LaRue?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the Badger Uni has been seen ITW, not sure about the NF though.  I"m using NF rings for the 2-10x24, still suffers from eye relief issues, but not as bad as the 2-8 MKIV was.

I have a LT-104, and ran it for a few weeks early in my build... but it just doesn't look right on a MK12 imo...  which is too bad because it definitely solves the eye relief issue lol.

Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#46]
My Nightforce is in a LT mount now and I can't stand the way it looks. I picked up a TS-30A2 a couple weeks ago and I can't wait to pick up some rings.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#47]
@JSchell1309
@78Staff
@StevieJ309

I've had all three mounts on my rig cradling the big NF and I'm honestly not too sure which I like better. To be honest, I only went from the Badger mount to the NF rings and KAC SR25 base simply because I abandoned the .308 build I was piecing together and wanted to use the base; I think it looks cool as hell. I might switch back to the Badger mount at some point; it seemed to solve all the eye-relief hassles and it's less parts between the scope and the receiver so it only makes sense to eliminate those parts with a unimount.

What do y'all reckon?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Actually, these last two photos aren't quiet current. I actually removed the scope cap and tape, and pulled the ring back a few notches, then replaced the tape and cap-tail forward of the ring. This, in theory, should make for a more stable mount. The rings were just too close together for my liking with this setup.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here's how it currently resides.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#48]

I might switch back to the Badger mount at some point; it seemed to solve all the eye-relief hassles and it's less parts between the scope and the receiver so it only makes sense to eliminate those parts with a unimount.
View Quote
Honestly I think this is the path I am looking at, Badger unimount or a NF unimount. Your bottom setup with the KAC extended rail and rings is definitely cool and solves the eye relief problem in a different way.

To me the two clone correct paths of arms rings or LT mount just don't do a $2,000 scope justice. For me my Mk12 is first and foremost a shooter for the 200-700 yd range that I have available. More often I shoot at smaller steel in 1-2 MOA sizes at distance than I do full man sized targets so the extra power on the 3.5-15 is a huge help. Being the picky ass engineer that I am, I want the fewest interfaces/bolted connections as I can have between the scope and the barrel. All this just keeps pointing me back to the Badger unimount for the 3.5-15 to keep it in its role of a shooter first and a "correct" clone second.

Maybe when I add other long range rifles to my collection then the role of my Mk12 might change and at that time I would look into a more correct lower power scope and arms rings setup.

Definitely interested in what others think about unimount and the larger NF 3.5-15.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#49]
@JSchell1309
@78Staff
@StevieJ309

I've had all three mounts on my rig cradling the big NF and I'm honestly not too sure which I like better. To be honest, I only went from the Badger mount to the NF rings and KAC SR25 base simply because I abandoned the .308 build I was piecing together and wanted to use the base; I think it looks cool as hell. I might switch back to the Badger mount at some point; it seemed to solve all the eye-relief hassles and it's less parts between the scope and the receiver so it only makes sense to eliminate those parts with a unimount.

What do y'all reckon?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_2905-419928.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_3248-419929.JPG

Actually, these last two photos aren't quiet current. I actually removed the scope cap and tape, and pulled the ring back a few notches, then replaced the tape and cap-tail forward of the ring. This, in theory, should make for a more stable mount. The rings were just too close together for my liking with this setup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_4910-419930.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_4917-419933.JPG

Here's how it currently resides.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG_2455-419934.JPG
View Quote
I probably prefer the Badger and your ring/base setup as far as looks go. The LT mount doesn't even look bad on yours and I'm thinking that's due to the badass paint job.

For functionality I think I'd stick with the Badger for the same reasons you stated.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prskiller] [#50]
Definitely interested in what others think about unimount and the larger NF 3.5-15.
View Quote
I think I now got the jones for this setup on my Mod 1.  RTUtah rifle pics is gonna cost me money
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top