Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I kinda dig the first one too.  Laminated with a proper hole punched for a 550 lanyard.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARdvark:

This comes up quite often.  Seems like best of the west in gatesville is a popular request.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARdvark:
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Is there a Texas mk12 shoot? Im in El Paso but would make the trip to meet up with some arfcomers to shoot the shyt.

This comes up quite often.  Seems like best of the west in gatesville is a popular request.
It's in Liberty Hill actually.

The other option was the CCCC out near Aggieland. There were some dudes on the Facebook group talking about trying to get the place reserved for it at some point. I'd be down, just need some more IMI 262.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:01:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#3]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Is that for real???? 801.00 ????? Will people just bid like that then not pay just to be an ass? Does that happen on gunbroker? What did I miss about that? I ended up with 3 gen 1 ace stocks while I was hunting. One long and two short ones. I will dump all 3 for that kind of money if someone will really pay that. Holy shit that is crazy. I saw an mk18 RIS II in the EE for 750.00. Fuck retirement accounts I've got clone parts. This shit just blows me away. I'm starting to wonder what the BCM built SAM-R upper I bought for 1300.00 would bring. ...... honestly I probably would not sell any of my parts but the 800 for a gen 1 ace stock is really tempting. I know people catch shit for that here but DAM!!! I could have a good start on an mk11 by selling a few things.
View Quote
Like I said - I bid 800.00 thinking it would hit about 600.00 and I'd be able to just finish out the week long auction on cruise... if I had won, I would have paid (never underestimate an engineer with expensive hobbies on payday, haha).  Hopefully whoever else bid the price up won't screw the seller over (because I already found another Gen 1 stock cheaper ).

Building Mk 14 clones taught me a few things - if you don't buy discontinued items NOW, you may never have another chance.  If you're going for a correct clone, go big or go home... otherwise be comfortable with just doing an 'inspired' clone.

I've definitely paid a premium for rare parts in the past, but there are just as many items I've passed up and kicked myself for in retrospect due to increasing rarity or rising prices; a short list of what I've passed up, off the top of my head:

Brand-new maritime-finish Mark 23 with original Camo case for $900
Brand-new Remington 700P in .338 Lapua for $800
L3 VSLIM for ~$2000
L3 AN/PSQ-23A for ~$900
L3 LA-5/PEQ for ~$2000
Remington M24 trigger w/NSN
Insight WMX-200 (high-power model)
SureFire FH556RC-1/2-28 (Four Prong)
PRI Front Set-Screw Sight
Eagle TAS-1 UMSS Sling

The restricted lasers (2 seen at gun shows, 1 on eBay) scared me away for obvious reasons... but most of the others were just a matter of thinking they weren't worth the price at the time and thinking I'd have all the time in the world to pick them up later.  Every single item I listed is now probably 2-3 times the price I saw it selling at (the PSQ-23A is probably worth $12-15k, alone).

I also look at it this way - if you are looking for a rare part, you can do one of two things:

1. Spend a year or two looking and getting constantly outbid on auctions or missing posts in the EE by 10 seconds.  Maybe you'll luck out at some point... maybe not.  Devoting 15+ minutes daily to a search like this gets old fast.
2. Find a screenshot someone posted of their rifle showing a part you want, and make a ridiculous (above market-value) offer.  Money talks; if you don't get too crazy, you've just effectively raised the market value.

One of the last clone-correct parts I needed for a Mk 14 Mod 0 rifle was a set of Badger EBR rings in NSG.  The black ones are easy to come by, but the NSG color hasn't been available in years.  I offered a guy $250 for them which was well above fair at the time, and he sold them immediately.  When I sold off all my M14 stuff, the rings were sold apart from the part lot at $600 (*maybe* 1.5 years after purchase).  Sure the return wasn't as good as, say, buying a ton of machine guns prior to '86... but it wasn't a bad deal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mrsaturn7085:

Like I said - I bid 800.00 thinking it would hit about 600.00 and I'd be able to just finish out the week long auction on cruise... if I had won, I would have paid (never underestimate an engineer with expensive hobbies on payday, haha).  Hopefully whoever else bid the price up won't screw the seller over (because I already found another Gen 1 stock cheaper ).

Building Mk 14 clones taught me a few things - if you don't buy discontinued items NOW, you may never have another chance.  If you're going for a correct clone, go big or go home... otherwise be comfortable with just doing an 'inspired' clone.

I've definitely paid a premium for rare parts in the past, but there are just as many items I've passed up and kicked myself for in retrospect due to increasing rarity or rising prices; a short list of what I've passed up, off the top of my head:

Brand-new maritime-finish Mark 23 with original Camo case for $900
Brand-new Remington 700P in .338 Lapua for $800
L3 VSLIM for ~$2000
L3 AN/PSQ-23A for ~$900
L3 LA-5/PEQ for ~$2000
Remington M24 trigger w/NSN
Insight WMX-200 (high-power model)
SureFire FH556RC-1/2-28 (Four Prong)
PRI Front Set-Screw Sight
Eagle TAS-1 UMSS Sling

The restricted lasers (2 seen at gun shows, 1 on eBay) scared me away for obvious reasons... but most of the others were just a matter of thinking they weren't worth the price at the time and thinking I'd have all the time in the world to pick them up later.  Every single item I listed is now probably 2-3 times the price I saw it selling at (the PSQ-23A is probably worth $12-15k, alone).

I also look at it this way - if you are looking for a rare part, you can do one of two things:

1. Spend a year or two looking and getting constantly outbid on auctions or missing posts in the EE by 10 seconds.  Maybe you'll luck out at some point... maybe not.  Devoting 15+ minutes daily to a search like this gets old fast.
2. Find a screenshot someone posted of their rifle showing a part you want, and make a ridiculous (above market-value) offer.  Money talks; if you don't get too crazy, you've just effectively raised the market value.

One of the last clone-correct parts I needed for a Mk 14 Mod 0 rifle was a set of Badger EBR rings in NSG.  The black ones are easy to come by, but the NSG color hasn't been available in years.  I offered a guy $250 for them which was well above fair at the time, and he sold them immediately.  When I sold off all my M14 stuff, the rings were sold apart from the part lot at $600 (*maybe* 1.5 years after purchase).  Sure the return wasn't as good as, say, buying a ton of machine guns prior to '86... but it wasn't a bad deal.
View Quote
Where did you find the VSLIM at? I need one for a clone build!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Where did you find the VSLIM at? I need one for a clone build!
View Quote
This was 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that for real???? 801.00 ????? Will people just bid like that then not pay just to be an ass? Does that happen on gunbroker? What did I miss about that? I ended up with 3 gen 1 ace stocks while I was hunting. One long and two short ones. I will dump all 3 for that kind of money if someone will really pay that. Holy shit that is crazy. I saw an mk18 RIS II in the EE for 750.00. Fuck retirement accounts I've got clone parts. This shit just blows me away. I'm starting to wonder what the BCM built SAM-R upper I bought for 1300.00 would bring. ...... honestly I probably would not sell any of my parts but the 800 for a gen 1 ace stock is really tempting. I know people catch shit for that here but DAM!!! I could have a good start on an mk11 by selling a few things.

Now to serious shit. Which of these 3 should we use as the ballistics card? First one is from the manual and I thought about having the moving target leads,mil-scale range and everything on page D-2 printed on the back. The second is the one from ballisticard. The third is the one someone posted a link to a page or two ago. I'm thinking 4x6 laminated cards. I held a 4x6 and a 8x6 card and 4x6 seemed good but what do y'all think? Sorry for the shitty screen shots but that's all I've got.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3155-166881.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3160-166889.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3149-166890.JPG
View Quote
I tend to like the 3rd option since the zero starts at 100 yards.  We already have the 1st opinion included in the manual.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

The other option was the CCCC out near Aggieland. There were some dudes on the Facebook group talking about trying to get the place reserved for it at some point. I'd be down, just need some more IMI 262.
View Quote
If this gets set up give a shout on on here, I'm not part of the Facebook group.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Took some time to read through Samson's scanned 0/1 manual.

What the actual FUCK.

They used a wheel FSB, a Gen III handguard that had the scalloped handguard retaining collar, and what looks like a cut SPR-MOD sleeve on top to clear the handguard.

I'm going to glean what I can for NSNs and usable text/images for the Early SPR manual. Hopefully we can get it finalized soon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]

I bet they are wondering what's going on. I emailed them this morning with pictures and got mine squared away. Parker gray is it. Dustin tried to explain the color and I just told him do whatever he thinks will look like the pics posted this am. I'm sure they know if they get several calls all of a sudden we must be talking about it.

There is a long FF RAS in the EE right now $350
I would have scored it but I'm already on the "list" . I'm glad they are getting out again and putting a stop to the crazy prices.

Edit-ironbalacava got it.
View Quote
"Oh those freakin' ARCOM cloners...now they're worried about the right barrel finish..."
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cbfurg] [#10]
Public Service Announcement Leupolds in stock.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Lel.  Nope.  Nobody does that.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

On an incredibly funny note, towards the end of the call he mentioned he's always wanted to build a copy of the M4 he carried overseas. He said "We had the daniel defense rail that still had the front sight cutout and then we also had a short 10" upper that went along with it with a Daniel Defense rail. Do you know if those are possible to build or if anyone does that?"

Lel.  Nope.  Nobody does that.  
I've said it before:  a lot of .mil guys aren't really gun guys.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cbfurg:
View Quote
I snagged one, thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By STXDobie:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By STXDobie:
It must have been the only one in stock......
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View Quote
I just put a brand new in box one up for trade in the Clone FB Group EE so you could get one even cheaper than that PM for details if you're not a member there if you're interested.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]

I just put a brand new in box one up for trade in the Clone FB Group EE so you could get one even cheaper than that PM for details if you're not a member there if you're interested.
View Quote
PM sent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Would it be possible for someone to IM me the name of the clone group? I would like to join.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Thanks TC I sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
My Mk12 Mod 1 is finally done.  I started the build in the fall of 2014 with a NoDak Spud A1 receiver and finished it this week with a set of ARMS 22H NLS rings (thanks JJREA).  

First photo of the finished rifle...

I don't have the complete kit (case, sling, etc.), but I am happy to call it good.    

Now to finish Mk18 project I started a few months ago.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
I like the first picture. It would look extremely legit laminated
View Quote
I second the first one, what is going on with the headers creeping to the right?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Doc_Lane:
My Mk12 Mod 1 is finally done.  I started the build in the fall of 2014 with a NoDak Spud A1 receiver and finished it this week with a set of ARMS 22H NLS rings (thanks JJREA).  

http://i.imgur.com/FZeDQyr.jpg

I don't have the complete kit (case, sling, etc.), but I am happy to call it good.    

View Quote
Killer dude. I'm waiting on my can and mine will be done. Just sent in the paperwork to SBR a lower for the mk18 and finish that build up. You've got good taste my friend!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Killer dude. I'm waiting on my can and mine will be done. Just sent in the paperwork to SBR a lower for the mk18 and finish that build up. You've got good taste my friend!
View Quote
Thanks!

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer on the can. I bought mine February 2015, as the pre-41F rush was beginning, and got the stamp in late October.

I submitted an Efile Form 1 for my Colt 6920 lower in early July for my Mk18 build.  The stamp should be back for that in the next two or three weeks, hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks!

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer on the can. I bought mine February 2015, as the pre-41F rush was beginning, and got the stamp in late October.

I submitted an Efile Form 1 for my Colt 6920 lower in early July for my Mk18 build.  The stamp should be back for that in the next two or three weeks, hopefully.
View Quote
I've got awhile I think for the can. It didn't go in until early October. I'll be sending paperwork in for a suppressor for the mk18 as well so hopefully I'll have everything by Christmas...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
I second the first one, what is going on with the headers creeping to the right?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
I like the first picture. It would look extremely legit laminated
Fuckin iPhone camera. I like my iPhone but the camera blows. My girl takes all the pictures when we travel with her samsung. Way better.
 I'm thinking the first one too just for the fact that's what was most likely issued. Although ballisticards are issued too It just seems like the one in the manual was correct. I have nothing to base that on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Bueno!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Yes, and for mod 0 and mod H abs all issued rifles using an ops
View Quote
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The next part for my build is the barrel. I realize Douglas is the official clone, but how do these stack up against the other? Bartlien, krieger, WOA, BA, rainier are all on the radar, with WOA in the lead. Are the Douglas barrels noticeably better for the price?

Sorry if this has been covered, I've been watching this thread for a while and have searched a bunch, but not quantitative analysis and this I trust this groups opinion.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FunkyChicken207:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The next part for my build is the barrel. I realize Douglas is the official clone, but how do these stack up against the other? Bartlien, krieger, WOA, BA, rainier are all on the radar, with WOA in the lead. Are the Douglas barrels noticeably better for the price?

Sorry if this has been covered, I've been watching this thread for a while and have searched a bunch, but not quantitative analysis and this I trust this groups opinion.
View Quote
Krieger and Bartlein will be tops then Douglass and WOA and then BA

All of the barrels will be close and your paying for tenths near the top of your list.  All of them are fine no ones going to check your barrels credintiels so get the one that fits you; if all you shoot is groups is go on the higher end, if your like me and mostly slap steel any on your list will do.  Also check out green mountain and bison armory (may only have the 16" in the correct profile).  

This is all what I have noticed first hand with these brands and barrels
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
It's a very rare day when I can tell any difference between my Douglas and Krieger SPR barrels.
A better shooter than me (Marine sniper instructor) said my Krieger was better but said he didn't think he could consistently prove it.
Especially after he shot a sub MOA 500 yard group (!!!) using the Douglas with a Nightforce NS 3.5-15X50.  This guy is incredibly good. His shooting with irons at 500 yards is unbelievable.
My best barrel for bench rest accuracy is my 16" Krieger Recon. Light profile!
The Douglas has shown exemplary accuracy, cold, hot, dirty or clean. And like the Krieger, it particularly likes MK 262 ammo over 223 loads.
All the above were used with OPS 12th suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

It's a very rare day when I can tell any difference between my Douglas and Krieger SPR barrels.
A better shooter than me (Marine sniper instructor) said my Krieger was better but said he didn't think he could consistently prove it.
Especially after he shot a sub MOA 500 yard group (!!!) using the Douglas with a Nightforce NS 3.5-15X50.  This guy is incredibly good. His shooting with irons at 500 yards is unbelievable.
My best barrel for bench rest accuracy is my 16" Krieger Recon. Light profile!
The Douglas has shown exemplary accuracy, cold, hot, dirty or clean. And like the Krieger, it particularly likes MK 262 ammo over 223 loads.
All the above were used with OPS 12th suppressors.
View Quote
Valuable info here! Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Edwin. Good info.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By chenault:
If this gets set up give a shout on on here, I'm not part of the Facebook group.
View All Quotes

Yeah, same for me.  Hit me up here...
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#32]
Ok so my kit just has 5.56mm printed with the cage code.... time to go clone retard, which cleaning kit is more correct??!?!

Would update a picture, but the photobucket app has gone full fucktard tonight so
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
It looks awesome! I hope mine will be this nice when complete but fingers crossed that it won't take as long to complete.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#34]
spending 3 hours a day for weeks at a time to get a stock for $120 literally IS the clone game. paying $800 for a stock is funny. like me laughing at whoever paid that for a stock that can be found for 250 or less. 

i just wish people would hold off and in turn it would keep the prices inside the atmosphere. 

ithen again, i have 2500 into a rifle that i would laugh at if someone paid 2500 for an ar15. who the fuck DOES THA....oh. oh wait, this guy did that. lol. 

#clonewars
#donthatetheclonehatethegame
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#35]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
spending 3 hours a day for weeks at a time to get a stock for $120 literally IS the clone game. paying $800 for a stock is funny. like me laughing at whoever paid that for a stock that can be found for 250 or less. 

i just wish people would hold off and in turn it would keep the prices inside the atmosphere. 

ithen again, i have 2500 into a rifle that i would laugh at if someone paid 2500 for an ar15. who the fuck DOES THA....oh. oh wait, this guy did that. lol. 

#clonewars
#donthatetheclonehatethegame
View Quote
No no lets keep this going; at this rate someone will trade me a GAP bolt action for my MRE rail.  Thank god I finished the last of my builds 6 months ago at this rate I would need a morgage.

I'm afraid the days of pushing refresh a 100 times a day to find a part may be ending and the era of deep pockets beginning.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#36]

View Quote
That's hot.  Those rings sparkle.  LOL.  No, the whole thing is sweeeeeeet.   Now I'll have to look for your Mk18 build.   We do need a range report though.  

Oh, and by the way, some of that money was well spent on some stuff for my HD rifle.  I bought a DD rear 1.5 sight today and some magpul ranger plates for magpul mags.  You know something, we have Amazon prime and I was buying some vitamins for the wife, and I looked up the DD sights on there.  One of the suppliers was Primary Arms.  I was going to buy it from them anyways.  But I got free shipping through Amazon.   So I just saved some money. (although the price was 1.15 cents more on Amazon)  The downside is I was in kind of a hurry and bought a sling loop that I thought was a magpul one but ended up being some no name brand.  "Green Blob Outdoors".  I was like, ugh.  It said FOR a magpul MS1 stock.  10 bucks....  LOL.  I think I might still be able to use it.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks Edwin. Good info.
View Quote
You're quite welcome.
Funny, after being so pleased with my Krieger , I was actually worried about the Douglas when I bought it.
The Krieger was broken in for me, the Douglas not, 30 rounds later you couldn't tell them apart.
For what it's worth, the unfired Krieger Recon 16" needed about 120+ rounds to get "right".

vanquishing, I'll check on the ARMS #22H non lever stops, I think I have a pair from 2005.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#38]

vanquishing, I'll check on the ARMS #22H non lever stops, I think I have a pair from 2005.
View Quote
I am a buyer for those rings if Vanquishing doesn't take them. Email sent, your PM box is full.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#39]

You're quite welcome.
Funny, after being so pleased with my Krieger , I was actually worried about the Douglas when I bought it.
The Krieger was broken in for me, the Douglas not, 30 rounds later you couldn't tell them apart.
For what it's worth, the unfired Krieger Recon 16" needed about 120+ rounds to get "right".

View Quote
Interesting about the break in period. Most of the stuff I've read recently says that's a buncha BS, but maybe there is a round count that does it. I always scratch my head at the guys who insist on shooting 1 round, clean, 1 round, clean, 17 rounds, clean, 4 rounds, clean. 8 rounds, boresight, 2 rounds, clean. It's a barrel, shoot the damn thing.

I was thinking about a Bartlein for my build, but then I realized the BA is mostly indistinguishable from the Douglas tier stuff. Went Douglas just for spec #clonesurvivor.

If you have those rings, I will propose to you. But also give you money, too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Ok so my kit just has 5.56mm printed with the cage code.... time to go clone retard, which cleaning kit is more correct??!?!

Would update a picture, but the photobucket app has gone full fucktard tonight so
View All Quotes

My mil surplus used and new cleaning kits are marked that way. As long as it has the correct NSN ending in 8513 your good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:12:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Who sees what's wrong with this picture?

Endcap by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#42]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3755/33330554102_da1f2f10de_o.jpgEndcap by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr
View Quote
'Tis but a scratch
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
'Tis but a scratch
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3755/33330554102_da1f2f10de_o.jpgEndcap by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr
'Tis but a scratch
"Rubbin' is Racing..."  Sorry

I would be concerned.  I'm interested in what others will say about it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: reswob] [#44]
Originally Posted By @krg_ops:

Throwback Thursday! Diyala Province, Iraq circa 2007. #krg_ops #mk12mod0 #kineticresearchgroup #krgthrowbackthursday #oif
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:31:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#45]
This might end up on page 800 so figure I'll post a pic.

I had to do a group shot of my MK12 and my new purchase. Both are tack drivers but the M24 is on a different level. 5 shot groups look like a slightly larger ragged 45 ACP hole.

Had to add a mole skin pad because the original camo wrap was ripping out my beard.

Waiting for my AEM5 is killing me.

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#46]

I'm afraid the days of pushing refresh a 100 times a day to find a part may be ending and the era of deep pockets beginning.
View Quote
It's not quite there... I got an ris ii yesterday for under 300......in black

Last summer things were easy to come by, nowadays it's kinda nuts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:

View Quote
I'm still waiting for mine to ship to my xfer dealer.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:46:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#48]

View Quote
Was that shot full auto?
Something obviously went wrong there. How many rounds through that barrel? I'm curious what caused that. I would not worry about it as far as the damaged end cap goes but I would be worried about what caused it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:
This might end up on page 800 so figure I'll post a pic.

I had to do a group shot of my MK12 and my new purchase. Both are tack drivers but the M24 is on a different level. 5 shot groups look like a slightly larger ragged 45 ACP hole.

Had to add a mole skin pad because the original camo wrap was ripping out my beard.

http://i.imgur.com/6iic1x0.jpg
View Quote
You get 2 cookies!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
it musta shot loose and got wobbly. somewhere i heard that ops cans do that. so, did it?

ive had 3 endcap strikes since 2012 on my 5.56 can. 2 needed service. its always shitty to see. it makes me want a .30 aem5 if i did it. 
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top