Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:13:01 AM EDT
[#1]
How about some PRS Gas Gun Club Match Mk12 action

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's badass. I want to do a PRS match with my Mk12. How'd you fare against the bigger caliber rifles?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:06:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#4]
Originally Posted By UsubM:

That's badass. I want to do a PRS match with my Mk12. How'd you fare against the bigger caliber rifles?
View Quote

I'd like to do one too but there's not a ton of info (like cost) on the site.  I don't want to waste my time and theirs filling out their survey (and giving a known personal-data-collector-and-reseller like constant contact a bunch of info THEY don't need) just to find out it's way more than I can put down right now for a "just for fun" kinda experience...

Next year I suppose.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mrsaturn7085:

Pretty sure shipping was 40.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

212 and 256. plus 20 to ship. 

212 isnt crazy bad but they beat to fuck and i can get one for 200 new and cut it out myself. oh well

Pretty sure shipping was 40.

Shipping was $24.25.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By STXDobie:

Beat to crap but the legit real deal and that's what this clone game is all about. Sorry for bumping your max, I am assuming you were doing the same back. I snagged one of the two, just need the bore guide now and and I'll have the complete contents.
View Quote

anybody going to clue the rest of us in since apparently they sold anyway?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

anybody going to clue the rest of us in since apparently they sold anyway?
View Quote

Pair of pelican cases off of ebay
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View Quote
im not salty....i need a mod 0 foam layout...just realized. I guess im gonna cut em out new then. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

View Quote

gotcha, thanks.

already got mine, so nothing to worry about from me as far as sniping auctions goes.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#10]

I'd like to do one too but there's not a ton of info (like cost) on the site.  I don't want to waste my time and theirs filling out their survey (and giving a known personal-data-collector-and-reseller like constant contact a bunch of info THEY don't need) just to find out it's way more than I can put down right now for a "just for fun" kinda experience...

Next year I suppose.  
View All Quotes

Next year I suppose.  

K_weez, great pictures, there was supposed to be two national level PRS has gun matches here in WA, but one got cancelled, I will have to wait till August since I will be gone for the only other one close to me is in Idaho.  But I may end just shooting it in some of the bolt gun matches.
ArmedFerret, you don't have to be an actual member of the PRS to shoot any of the matches, you can always just look on the website and  see if any of the matches are close to you. It's a $100 for PRS membership, but the matches are all run indepently, it really depends if it's a local or national level match with regards to match entry fee. Our local matches usually run about $50, a two day PRS bolt/gas gun match about $200.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#11]

Shipping was $24.25.
View Quote

Must have auto-calculated based on location.  I was seeing $40 - I actually tried to snipe the good one @ $300 but got an eBay error page.  Whoever ended up winning the good one can thank eBay for it

As much as I wanted to hold out for a Mod 0 foam arrangement, the foam quality was good enough on this one that I was willing to spend the ~$100 premium to just be done with the daily eBay searches.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Must have auto-calculated based on location.  I was seeing $40 - I actually tried to snipe the good one @ $300 but got an eBay error page.  Whoever ended up winning the good one can thank eBay for it

As much as I wanted to hold out for a Mod 0 foam arrangement, the foam quality was good enough on this one that I was willing to spend the ~$100 premium to just be done with the daily eBay searches.
View Quote

The foam condition was the same on both, one just had an extra cut out in the lid for some additional accessory that the end user deemed necessary to have its own spot in the case. To me that cutout looked like it was for the Harris Bipod but who knows. Either way both were definitely heavily used, regardless I am happy with my purchase and glad that I don't have to look for one any longer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tamboi:

K_weez, great pictures, there was supposed to be two national level PRS has gun matches here in WA, but one got cancelled, I will have to wait till August since I will be gone for the only other one close to me is in Idaho.  But I may end just shooting it in some of the bolt gun matches.
ArmedFerret, you don't have to be an actual member of the PRS to shoot any of the matches, you can always just look on the website and  see if any of the matches are close to you. It's a $100 for PRS membership, but the matches are all run indepently, it really depends if it's a local or national level match with regards to match entry fee. Our local matches usually run about $50, a two day PRS bolt/gas gun match about $200.
View Quote

Thanks man.  Sadly the only one remotely close to me is in WV which is a goodly haul and would easily become 4 days of leave rather than just a weekend trip that didn't result in losing leave.  Maybe next year they'll have one at Bridgeville (haha yeah right, those guys are pricks)
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
As of today all manuals are mailed that I've recieved payment for. Please let me know if I made any mistakes. Wrong manual or labels or anything. If you wanted labels and I accidentally left yours out let me know I'll send them. I think I got them all though. Still getting a count on the other items. Should have an ETA on logs in a couple days. I'm working with the printer on the Ballistic cards. I will post some ideas later today to see what everyone thinks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Movistar's upper is in the ee.....we need to keep that one in the family. Sorry it's gotta go man....I would take it from you if I wasn't in the middle of a block 2 build.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
As of today all manuals are mailed that I've recieved payment for. Please let me know if I made any mistakes. Wrong manual or labels or anything. If you wanted labels and I accidentally left yours out let me know I'll send them. I think I got them all though. Still getting a count on the other items. Should have an ETA on logs in a couple days. I'm working with the printer on the Ballistic cards. I will post some ideas later today to see what everyone thinks.
View Quote

Thanks for doing this, looking forward to seeing this manual.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck everyone else...

Gen 1 ACE SOCOM

...I ducked out once it hit $800.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Gen 1 ACE SOCOM

View Quote

Wow!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Gen 1 ACE SOCOM

View Quote

That's insane. Kind of seems based upon the description that the seller had no idea what he had.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Gen 1 ACE SOCOM

View Quote

Haha....I was going to watch it towards the end but I guess I don't have to worry about it now. I guess there's a lot of people getting into clones lately that have extremely deep pockets
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Geno! What the heck!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aaron580:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627101708

Ouch

Geno! What the heck!

I knew that he was the one...I watch his parts auctions pretty closely.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Haha....I was going to watch it towards the end but I guess I don't have to worry about it now. I guess there's a lot of people getting into clones lately that have extremely deep pockets
View Quote

Crazy stuff, at some point it is just going to be easier (and cheaper) to have someone make/modify these types of parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KOBK:

Crazy stuff, at some point it is just going to be easier (and cheaper) to have someone make/modify these types of parts.
View Quote

Right!? I hate to say it but I think we may be approaching that point. Who's the best machinist in the thread? I say we establish that then we all pitch in to get the machinery up and tuning and we just start making our own stuff....haha....I'm only half joking
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Honestly this hobby for some guys is really nothing as far as money goes (not that I am one of those guys lol) If you want to see what real money (IMO) is (or get scared) start looking at pricing on Cars and Parts for early Ford or Chrysler Hemi / Wedge Super Stock parts...or for just a basic Cobra Jet or 440 Six-Pack car...some of the hoods go for more than one of the original SF Group Mod0 uppers just sold for (and there is like what a dozen of those floating around?). Its the same for offshore boats, large sailboats, Cup car racing, Airplanes etc...In the big picture, dropping 3K to 5K is nothing for a lot of these dudes...plus they do not want to 'hunt' it...they see it..they buy it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By KOBK:

View Quote

I have been saying that for awhile now...This industry is getting to be in the same boat as automotive restoration...when all the good original parts dry up your only option is aftermarket / reproduction (and for the most part those parts are not as nice)
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:

Honestly this hobby for some guys is really nothing as far as money goes (not that I am one of those guys lol) If you want to see what real money (IMO) is (or get scared) start looking at pricing on Cars and Parts for early Ford or Chrysler Hemi / Wedge Super Stock parts...or for just a basic Cobra Jet or 440 Six-Pack car...some of the hoods go for more than one of the original SF Group Mod0 uppers just sold for (and there is like what a dozen of those floating around?). Its the same for offshore boats, large sailboats, Cup car racing, Airplanes etc...In the big picture, dropping 3K to 5K is nothing for a lot of these dudes...plus they do not want to 'hunt' it...they see it..they buy it.
View All Quotes

Oh when it comes to hobbies there is no arguing this is probably one of the cheaper(ish) of them....not to say it cheap bc it isn't....lol. It's just crazy how insane prices have been getting over the past few months. When the well dries up...and it will eventually....there's no telling what prices will shoot to.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Having recently dropped $8k on a gear-set for a rally car, I can relate.  Guns are an expensive hobby, but there's always something worse.  AR-15's aren't even that bad compared to other guns - when I sold my M14/M1A and some spare parts, it sold for ~$10k and I was taking a significant loss when smith labor was factored in.

I really wanted to cap out at $600 for that Mod H stock, but I saw 'screw it' and bid $800 just so I wouldn't have to come back for a week...  my bid lasted 5 minutes.  I backed off on my Mod 0 and started a Mod H build due to the rarity and rising cost of a set-screw front sight... so much for that cost-saving idea, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#28]

Oh when it comes to hobbies there is no arguing this is probably one of the cheaper(ish) of them....not to say it cheap bc it isn't....lol. It's just crazy how insane prices have been getting over the past few months. When the well dries up...and it will eventually....there's no telling what prices will shoot to.
View All Quotes

I never thought that I would see these prices.  800 for a stock!  At these prices I'm half tempted to sell mine and throw some fingers to the air.  I've got other expensive gun hobbies!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Got a nice little toy in the mail from HCS today...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:

Those bore guides are expensive, I wouldn't call the clone market .00000001% (I didn't count zeros in your post).  I would bet that less than 2 out of 10 AR owners have one of the JP bore guides.  If it wasn't clone correct, I wouldn't buy the damn thing...I'd go with Dewey where the OWNER of the company responded to my email questions.
View Quote

I bought one in97 when they were one of a few.  Don't let it fall on your foot.  Don't ask me how I know.

Dan
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/17349612-10104825766397410-2615872264610702054-o-166504.JPG
View Quote

That's great man! Congrats!

Cool to see he's installing long collars on them now too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/17349612-10104825766397410-2615872264610702054-o-166504.JPG
View Quote

Complete upper from HCS? Congrats!!!

I got my barrel and brake/collar from him today, can't wait for the rest of my parts to show.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#33]
work of art

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

View Quote

Yep I am too. I ordered a collar/brake from him for my recce and it was the SPR collar so I was hopeful he would use that on this rifle.

Got the PEQ-2A mounted. Leupold MR/T is off getting M5 dials put on...yes, you read that right. It can be done now.

Now, someone sell me some NLS #22H's for this beauty!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chincy] [#35]

View Quote

Seeing this makes me wanna keep my mod1 upper now
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#36]
i shortened a gen 1 rifle socom to a carbine. not too hard of a job. someone in here is rocking it now :). you just gotta know where and how to thread and put dat angle in there ;).

my socom was $120....but $800........man id almost sell mine for that but it took me a year to find the right price so nahhhhhh haha. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#37]

Yep I am too. I ordered a collar/brake from him for my recce and it was the SPR collar so I was hopeful he would use that on this rifle.

Got the PEQ-2A mounted. Leupold MR/T is off getting M5 dials put on...yes, you read that right. It can be done now.

Now, someone sell me some NLS #22H's for this beauty!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/2017-03-15-14-166578.JPG
View Quote

Congrats!  Mines taking a licking and keeps on ticking, he makes a solid upper
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By chenault:

I never thought that I would see these prices.  800 for a stock!  At these prices I'm half tempted to sell mine and throw some fingers to the air.  I've got other expensive gun hobbies!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG-1231-166464.JPG
View Quote

One word for you:
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Far out, how'd you do?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Far out, how'd you do?

Given that it was a match geared towards larger caliber guns (1000yrd+ targets, a 500yrd spinner/popper combo) it did amazing. I came in middle of the pack. Beating out 6mm/6.5mm bolt guns felt good

Best stage for me was reaching out to 1014yrds off a roof pitch and hitting a man sized IPSC target repeatedly. This gun is no joke with 77gr SMK's.

Originally Posted By tamboi:

Thanks buddy.

I was planning on doing the WA PRS GG match shooting tac light with my mk12. Do you know which match got cancelled, the bolt gun or the gas gun? I signed up for the Idaho MGM match as well. A buddy and I will be driving out and plan on shooting tac light there. I'm trying to find a partner to go to the Colorado match because I really want to go just not by myself. I'm really excited for this series. I shot my bolt gun 2 years ago. Hopefully we could meet up at one of these matches.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:58:50 AM EDT
[#40]

That's insane. Kind of seems based upon the description that the seller had no idea what he had.
View All Quotes

Gen 1 ACE SOCOM

Agree, seems like he just thought he was selling a run of the mill stock for $80 or so... bet he is happy :).
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

View Quote

Is the long collar correct for Mod 1?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#42]

Gen 1 ACE SOCOM

View Quote

Well that's it, stupidest fucking thing I'll see all day. Its a stock ffs. How do you tell a "Gen 1" ace from the others again? I seem to remember a thread page on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By FunkyChicken207:

Is the long collar correct for Mod 1?
View Quote

Yes, and for mod 0 and mod H abs all issued rifles using an ops
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Is there a Texas mk12 shoot? Im in El Paso but would make the trip to meet up with some arfcomers to shoot the shyt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Is there a Texas mk12 shoot? Im in El Paso but would make the trip to meet up with some arfcomers to shoot the shyt.
View Quote

This comes up quite often.  Seems like best of the west in gatesville is a popular request.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#46]
If this ever comes up would someone be kind enough to shoot me a IM.  I need a road trip to get away from work for a while.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

Well that's it, stupidest fucking thing I'll see all day. Its a stock ffs. How do you tell a "Gen 1" ace from the others again? I seem to remember a thread page on it.
View Quote

Page 1 of the Holland thread has pictures showing the difference; I'm a visual person
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Page 1 of the Holland thread has pictures showing the difference; I'm a visual person
View Quote
10/4, thanks. I'm going to keep an eye out for those, once I find one, let's start the bidding at
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Is that for real???? 801.00 ????? Will people just bid like that then not pay just to be an ass? Does that happen on gunbroker? What did I miss about that? I ended up with 3 gen 1 ace stocks while I was hunting. One long and two short ones. I will dump all 3 for that kind of money if someone will really pay that. Holy shit that is crazy. I saw an mk18 RIS II in the EE for 750.00. Fuck retirement accounts I've got clone parts. This shit just blows me away. I'm starting to wonder what the BCM built SAM-R upper I bought for 1300.00 would bring. ...... honestly I probably would not sell any of my parts but the 800 for a gen 1 ace stock is really tempting. I know people catch shit for that here but DAM!!! I could have a good start on an mk11 by selling a few things.

Now to serious shit. Which of these 3 should we use as the ballistics card? First one is from the manual and I thought about having the moving target leads,mil-scale range and everything on page D-2 printed on the back. The second is the one from ballisticard. The third is the one someone posted a link to a page or two ago. I'm thinking 4x6 laminated cards. I held a 4x6 and a 8x6 card and 4x6 seemed good but what do y'all think? Sorry for the shitty screen shots but that's all I've got.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I like the first picture. It would look extremely legit laminated
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top