Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lurp06x:

Looks like he's got to much ammo I will be happy to help him get rid of some
View Quote

Too much ammo???
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
i got my manual! #bedsidereadingmaterial

thanks for that. i missed out on the cases as i wasnt sure on my refund amount, then i get 1k more than i thought after everyone called em :/. i shoulda ordered one. #hindsight. 

eveey time i see a mod 0 i want to do one. i was close with the wormydog once, and i know its heavy, but its so effing classic as well :).
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

One is inclined to wonder if he was one of the first batch that got them from the gentleman (Dennis) selling them in the EE at MSRP.

For those who got the cases, the proper 30" Dewey rod is on sale at Brownell's for 20 bucks right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

You're not alone, buddy.

Also, there's a Mod 1 rail in the EE, not my ad. Well over retail, but just in case anyone's desperate: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1640249_KAC-Mk12-RAS-Long---NIB.html

One is inclined to wonder if he was one of the first batch that got them from the gentleman (Dennis) selling them in the EE at MSRP.

For those who got the cases, the proper 30" Dewey rod is on sale at Brownell's for 20 bucks right now.

Wow. They pulled those quick. The 22c-30 is not even listed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon has some 22-C30's
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
@snyder0351 in the 'Ghan.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
i got my manual! #bedsidereadingmaterial

thanks for that. i missed out on the cases as i wasnt sure on my refund amount, then i get 1k more than i thought after everyone called em :/. i shoulda ordered one. #hindsight. 

eveey time i see a mod 0 i want to do one. i was close with the wormydog once, and i know its heavy, but its so effing classic as well :).
View Quote

Two cases on Ebay right now. Same seller. Foam looks good.

search "Mk 12 Pelican 1700.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#7]
KAC FF long RAS just sold in the EE for $190......

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Her first coat of paint. Letting her dry for a bit then I can get some better pics.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
KAC FF long RAS just sold in the EE for $190......

View Quote

You serious? 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

You serious? 
View Quote

Yup.

He's also got ARMS #40's for $35.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Yup.

View Quote

Had, hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Had, hopefully.
View All Quotes

Yup.

Had, hopefully.

I've got a strange feeling that the ARMS #40's and the KAC rail will all be early versions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]

I've got a strange feeling that the ARMS #40's and the KAC rail will all be early versions.
View All Quotes

Yup.

Had, hopefully.

I'm not mad. I just scooped a medium for a recce build. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:00:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#14]
I bought my ff ras from him a while back. Was re anodized, but works like a charm. Also an arms 40 rear that was wingless. Good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I just seen the $190 KAC FF Long RAS.
Dude's a good guy to deal with, too.

Fucking shit. I get real lucky sometimes, but usually miss out on most of the uber-retarded deals.
$50 SF RC556 4 prongs, $250 ACOG TA31Fs, etc.......
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been away from this thread for a while

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#17]

Had, hopefully.
View Quote

Yeah was late on those sights, but that ras was a smoking deal, if I hadn't already bought 2 new ones I would've picked it up, pretty sure he's the same guy that emailed me based on my WTB a few days ago giving me first dibs if the ras rail has been refinished or re anodized all black.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey dudes, I know it's not related, but anyone help me locate a AAC 51t brake in 5/8x24... its real important. Anyways; 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

They actually had the 22CF-30 listed???  I thought only the 22C-30 was sold commercially.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

Wow. They pulled those quick. The 22c-30 is not even listed.
View Quote

22c-30 still on sale/in stock Brownells 22c-30
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

Too much ammo???
View Quote

Yeah, no.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#22]
Originally Posted By UsubM:

View Quote

Boomshackalacka, yum.

Man, you and Utah's are like twins.  Maybe Fraternal.  Or maybe almost identical twins.  They do usually look a hair different.  LOL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By UsubM:

View Quote

You have impeccable taste.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Boomshackalacka, yum.

Man, you and Utah's are like twins.  Maybe Fraternal.  Or maybe almost identical twins.  They do usually look a hair different.  LOL.
View Quote

broomstick vs suppressor.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Had a guy email me about which Otis cleaning kit was packaged with the Mk12 and Pelican. Anyone know? 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Had a guy email me about which Otis cleaning kit was packaged with the Mk12 and Pelican. Anyone know? 
View Quote

AFAIK it's the multi-caliber one in the tan zippered case.  I have a couple that I'm hanging on to.  

This one, Pacifically.  Cleaning kit.

Although it could have been "just" the M4/M16 version; that's on amazon from third-party sellers here.

Either will "look" correct in the case for pitchars....the multi-caliber one is obviously going to be more versatile if you're actually using it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

It is in the manual with a part number.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:14:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#28]
that is a smoking deal on the dewey rods that 78staff posted. less than what I paid by 7.50 and if you order 99.00 you get free shipping. the Otis kit is NSN 1005-01-448-8513. there was a guy on ebay selling used ones for 20.00 shipped. I bought 4. all were in good shape. the brushes were used but all parts were there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tinman44] [#29]
I thought this was the correct cleaning kit. Damn can't get image to load
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Just picked up this older JP bore guide, besides being the wrong anodize do you think they where marked like this when issued with the kits? The newer ones are stamped rather than engraved

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#31]
that is a smoking deal on the dewey rods that 78staff posted. less than what I paid by 7.50 and if you order 99.00 you get free shipping. the Otis kit is NSN 1005-01-448-8513. there was a guy on ebay selling used ones for 20.00 shipped. I bought 4. all were in good shape. the brushes were used but all parts were there.
View Quote
Still on sale $20, rod, picked up one.

I also received my mk12 mod 0/1 manual last week, thanks Samson!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

I see what happened - the 22CF-30 (female threaded end) was included with the Mod 0 and early Mod 1's, but later replaced with the 22C-30 (male threaded end).  I reviewed the Mod 0/1 and Mod 1 IPB and saw this changed between publications:

See above - "223M16" = M16 soft pack.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#33]
The 22C-30 also now comes with a female adapter
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mrsaturn7085:

I see what happened - the 22CF-30 (female threaded end) was included with the Mod 0 and early Mod 1's, but later replaced with the 22C-30 (male threaded end).  I reviewed the Mod 0/1 and Mod 1 IPB and saw this changed between publications:

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad85/mrsaturn7085b/IPB_zpshvlqmnja.png

See above - "223M16" = M16 soft pack.
View Quote

Thanks dude. 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#35]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
The 22C-30 also now comes with a female adapter
View Quote

It does?  When did this change?  All of my Dewey 22C rods have male ends and I definitely have a few 30" models among the 10-12 or so rods I've collected over the years.

EDIT: I understand what you mean - they've always included the adapter, but the Mod 0 rod actually had a female end on the rod itself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mrsaturn7085:

It does?  When did this change?  All of my Dewey 22C rods have male ends and I definitely have a few 30" models among the 10-12 or so rods I've collected over the years.
View Quote

Not sure about when it might have changed, but the product description on the Brownell's site clearly says "8-32 male threads w/8-32 female adapter".  
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Not sure about when it might have changed, but the product description on the Brownell's site clearly says "8-32 male threads w/8-32 female adapter".  
View Quote

Edited my post - I thought you were saying the end fitting changed to a female socket.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Getting out of the Mk12 game - transitioning to its bigger (younger?) brother the Mk11. My upper is posted in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#39]
So I've tracked down everything for the bore guides. I can buy bore guides that look identical to the JP guides. They are raw aluminum. Then I'll take them over and have the industrial coatings guy anodize them black. I think with shipping to the end user they will run 37-39 dollars. I was thinking I would do 20 of them. I was wondering if I could get a head count of who may be interested. I don't need 20 bore guides so I need to make sure there is interest in this before I start this. I will be buying 4 of them so there will be 16 left.
  I also think I have the USMC log round count logs located. I'm waiting to see how many he has.
 I'll have an idea about when I'll get the Ballistic cards soon. They will be a laminated card as big as a manual page. I was thinking maybe a touch bigger. Not sure yet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#40]
So I've tracked down everything for the bore guides. I can buy bore guides that look identical to the JP guides. They are raw aluminum. Then I'll take them over and have the industrial coatings guy anodize them black. I think with shipping to the end user they will run 37-39 dollars. I was thinking I would do 20 of them. I was wondering if I could get a head count of who may be interested. I don't need 20 bore guides so I need to make sure there is interest in this before I start this. I will be buying 4 of them so there will be 16 left.
  I also think I have the USMC log round count logs located. I'm waiting to see how many he has.
 I'll have an idea about when I'll get the Ballistic cards soon. They will be a laminated card as big as a manual page. I was thinking maybe a touch bigger. Not sure yet.
View Quote

You're the man for doin all this.  I'm down for one of each.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I'm down for one of each as well
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I'd be in for a bore guide!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KOBK] [#43]
View Quote

I would be down for one

Need to start filling in the empty spaces -

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#44]
Count me in for both. 3 round count booklets and maybe 2 guides and ballistic cards
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

You're a beast.  I'd be in for 1 of each
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Getting out of the Mk12 game - transitioning to its bigger (younger?) brother the Mk11. My upper is posted in the EE.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#47]

View Quote
Sorry bro - i'll let you pet it
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It's going to a good home.

@samson, could you put my name down for one of each. Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I would be down for a bore guide, round count log, and ballistic card
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top