User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TexasTerror:
Im asking because Ive seen quite a few mixed in this thread.

Where can I find more pictures of the Mod H basically with the MOD 1 KAC 12" FF hand gaurd? Is it a SEAL recce?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious, were any dummy/solid 12th/aem5s made or still available?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
THANKS for the help. Saving for AEM5 and then I may get a seal recce going.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:31:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#4]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Just let him, when god smites him it will free up some parts
View Quote

Just as kosher as a larue bipod mount and cqd mounts....

Gotta cause some eye bleed before going 100% correct lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quick question to the experts here. Im full on mk12 clone disease now. Just got a leupold TS0A2. My AEM 5 is on order from capital armory and my HCS Mod 1 upper is on the way. I was reading try to dig through old threads and there was some mention of suppressors not getting enough turns to properly secure on brakes due to out of spec collars. Is that a MOD 0 specific problem or something that I could run into on my HCS MOD 1 upper?

Already looking a MOD 0 rifles now. :)
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aaron580:

Just let him, when god smites him it will free up some parts

You got me on the larue mount, I have the spec one in the mail, the cqd mount is ok
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
When there is nothing else to do.....paint!

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]

You got me on the larue mount, I have the spec one in the mail, the cqd mount is ok
View Quote

Good on the cqd, because i got a mount set ive been dying to throw on my mod1 until i  actually do the mk18 thing
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:14:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exhogflyer] [#9]
Mk12 Mod 0, actually I need to retake the pics because I finally secured the correct scope.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:26:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nhm16] [#10]
Finally after 5 years of not-spec parts and collecting the right parts, My Mod 0 is  "complete" Finally put everything together and painted with Rustoleum camo spray paint. Still looking for a real A.R.M.S. #38 PEQ-2-3 rail.

Parts breakdown:
  • Brownells A1 lower (originally on a Nodak Spud lower but since it was going to be painted anyways and I read on this thread that real Mk12 lowers were refinished black I moved my Nodak lower to my new M16A1 clone project and used a black Brownells A1 lower), with an A1 grip, type E stock, Geissele SSA trigger
  • Colt square forge mark upper (square forge mark probably anachronistic), teardrop FA (probably not kosher for Mod 0 but I love it)
  • Colt BCG
  • Ballistic Advantage Premium Series .223 Wylde stainless 18" Mk12 contour barrel, finished in black KG Guncote and flats milled for set screws by ADCO
  • PRI Gen III handguard
  • PRI replica PEQ-2-3 top rail
  • PRI set screw FSB
  • PRI gasbuster
  • A.R.M.S. #40 rear sight
  • A.R.M.S. #22M lever stop rings
  • Leupold MR/T 2.5-8x36 scope (since it's not a TS-30A2, need to order correct Mk262 elevation knob)
  • Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor, brake, collar
  • Harris BRM-S bipod and generic pod-lock

For lancecriminal:

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:29:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#11]
Originally Posted By nhm16:
Finally after 5 years of not-spec parts and collecting the right parts, My Mod 0 is  "complete" Finally put everything together and painted with Rustoleum camo spray paint. Still looking for a real A.R.M.S. #38 PEQ-2-3 rail.

http://i.imgur.com/1EAUyhp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YftDxKh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d4VlSst.jpg

Parts breakdown:
  • Brownells A1 lower (originally on a Nodak Spud lower but since it was going to be painted anyways and I read on this thread that real Mk12 lowers were refinished black I moved my Nodak lower to my new M16A1 clone project and used a black Brownells A1 lower), with an A1 grip, type E stock, Geissele SSA trigger
  • Colt square forge mark upper (square forge mark probably anachronistic), teardrop FA (probably not kosher for Mod 0 but I love it)
  • Colt BCG
  • Ballistic Advantage Premium Series .223 Wylde stainless 18" Mk12 contour barrel, finished in black KG Guncote and flats milled for set screws by ADCO
  • PRI Gen III handguard
  • PRI replica PEQ-2-3 top rail
  • PRI set screw FSB
  • PRI gasbuster
  • A.R.M.S. #40 rear sight
  • A.R.M.S. #22M lever stop rings
  • Leupold MR/T 2.5-8x36 scope (since it's not a TS-30A2, need to order correct Mk262 elevation knob)
  • Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor, brake, collar
  • Harris BRM-S bipod and generic pod-lock

For lancecriminal:
[url=http://i.imgur.com/s8FTJ6j.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/s8FTJ6j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HxXVrHk.jpg
View Quote

Looks great! It's awesome to see so many MOD 0 builds
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DTapping-Zombies] [#12]
Originally Posted By nhm16:

http://i.imgur.com/1EAUyhp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YftDxKh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d4VlSst.jpg
View Quote

Sweet...good job on the build!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Hey gents, did some more NSN and part number sleuthing for the older 3.5-10 Vari-X III and Mk4 with the illum Mildot and M3.

Found a ca. 2004 Leupold military/tactical pamphlet online. The older ones don't have the same # as the current 67945, rather it appears to have been Model # 53672.

Model # 53672 carries the NSN 1240-01-552-3720. Link

THAT NSN was assigned in 2007. So, the search continues but it seems I'm a bit closer. It also is possible the NSN for the original Vari-X branded ones ended up being superseded and removed from the registry, or that it again had a totally different Model # from Leupold.

The search continues. I'm going to try and hunt down a 2000-2003 era Leupold product listing.

Oh and here's the patent for the TMR Reticle

TMR Patent
View Quote

Lance, by chance was their a part # for the illuminated mildot 3-9x36 (ts-30) in that catalog, or does anyone know when they were discontinued and replaced by the 2.5-8x36.  Also does anyone know if the issued ts-30 had m2 or m3 turrets, thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARdvark] [#14]
Originally Posted By Dinnertime:

What did you end up paying for it if you don't mind me asking.
View Quote

i bit the bullet and did buy it now.  240 with shipping.
in extra news, I spoke with leupold, and they are letting me swap my non ts30a2 7.62 elevation turret for a kosher one.  no cost.

Edit-does anyone else have issues pulling the GB CH with the scope mounted properly?  It is really tight under the real bell

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#15]
Originally Posted By tamboi:

Lance, by chance was their a part # for the illuminated mildot 3-9x36 (ts-30) in that catalog, or does anyone know when they were discontinued and replaced by the 2.5-8x36.  Also does anyone know if the issued ts-30 had m2 or m3 turrets, thanks guys
View All Quotes
Hey gents, did some more NSN and part number sleuthing for the older 3.5-10 Vari-X III and Mk4 with the illum Mildot and M3.

Found a ca. 2004 Leupold military/tactical pamphlet online. The older ones don't have the same # as the current 67945, rather it appears to have been Model # 53672.

THAT NSN was assigned in 2007. So, the search continues but it seems I'm a bit closer. It also is possible the NSN for the original Vari-X branded ones ended up being superseded and removed from the registry, or that it again had a totally different Model # from Leupold.

The search continues. I'm going to try and hunt down a 2000-2003 era Leupold product listing.

TMR Patent

From what I found it was only sold with M1 or m3. The military used m3. Took me forever to find one with m3 turrets and I paid dearly. I found a few with M1. I'm sure someone somewhere ordered one with m2 maybe but I've only seen two with M1 and one with m3.

PS- I have a MOD 0/1 manual being delivered tomorrow. It is an actual manual so I will have to take it to the printer and have them take it apart to duplicate it. When I have it in hand I will get with you lancecriminal and see what's there that can help with the mod 0 manual your doing. Since it's for both mod 0 and 1 I'm not sure what to expect.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Samson-Dogg, many thanks for the info. I've a 2.5-8 coming, just wasn't sure what the correct turrets for the 3-9 actually were, if the opportunity arose to buy one. Have you ever compared the optical quality between the two by chance. I prefer the TMR reticle since my mk6 and spotter have it, but something about having a 3-9 with the mildot is appealing for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Samson-Dogg, many thanks for the info. I've a 2.5-8 coming, just wasn't sure what the correct turrets for the 3-9 actually were, if the opportunity arose to buy one. Have you ever compared the optical quality between the two by chance. I prefer the TMR reticle since my mk6 and spotter have it, but something about having a 3-9 with the mildot is appealing for whatever reason.
View Quote

I really havnt yet. I have the 3-9 a 2.5-8 and my m110 of course runs the fde mark 4 with the TMR. I have not been able to compare them yet. I like the mildot because it's simple but I have no experience with the TMR yet.

I do have a question if anyone knows and I'm sure I'm about to look really stupid. I bought and received the TAS-1 UMSS slings. What does the UM sling swivel connect too? Is there a rail mount adapter that has a stud? They came with the straps that go on the end of the buttstock so I figured the UM end went to the rail. But how does it attach?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

From what I found it was only sold with M1 or m3. The military used m3. Took me forever to find one with m3 turrets and I paid dearly. I found a few with M1. I'm sure someone somewhere ordered one with m2 maybe but I've only seen two with M1 and one with m3.

PS- I have a MOD 0/1 manual being delivered tomorrow. It is an actual manual so I will have to take it to the printer and have them take it apart to duplicate it. When I have it in hand I will get with you lancecriminal and see what's there that can help with the mod 0 manual your doing. Since it's for both mod 0 and 1 I'm not sure what to expect.
View All Quotes

TMR Patent

2004: no TS30 listed, 3-9 MR/T lists available with M1 or M3 turrets, M3 model can have Mildot or Illum Mildot.
57075 is non illum M3 mildot, 57055 with illum.

2005: Same turret options and 3-9 label. TMR and illum TMR added for M3. (M2 Turrets introduced on 1.5-5 MR/T only)
TMR M3 is 60060 while illum TMR M3 is 60050.

2006: 2.5-8 models added with 3-9 still listed. New 2.5-8 adds M2 turrets or M1.
New M2 are:
Mildot 60160
Ill Mildot 60150
Tmr 60180
Ill TMR 60170

No TS30 name mentioned.

I need to contact Leupold direct for any 1999-2003 data apparently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:55:57 AM EDT
[#20]
TAS-1 UMSS slings I have one they suck. I still have it didn't know people liked these slings. Still have it should I hang on to it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 2:13:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tamboi] [#21]
Well Lance, I for one is utterly confused, heres a picture of a TS-30 A2 3-9x36 manufactured in 2007. I guess Leupold continued to supply the military with these scopes until the initial contract was fulfilled.

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Well Lance, I for one is utterly confused, heres a picture of a TS-30 A2 3-9x36 manufactured in 2007. I guess Leupold continued to supply the military with these scopes until the initial contract was fulfilled.
View Quote

They may simply have not offered the TS30 as a listed scope until later.

Whatever the case, it seems to me that any 3-9 glass seen in 2004 pics like Minuteman's would have to be an M3, Illum MilDot. 2005, Still M3 turrets but TMR was possible. I just need to call them and ask if they have an old guy or someone knowledgeable on the timeframe.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I'm interested in a mod0/1 manual! keep us posted
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:45:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: maxima2] [#24]

I really havnt yet. I have the 3-9 a 2.5-8 and my m110 of course runs the fde mark 4 with the TMR. I have not been able to compare them yet. I like the mildot because it's simple but I have no experience with the TMR yet.

I do have a question if anyone knows and I'm sure I'm about to look really stupid. I bought and received the TAS-1 UMSS slings. What does the UM sling swivel connect too? Is there a rail mount adapter that has a stud? They came with the straps that go on the end of the buttstock so I figured the UM end went to the rail. But how does it attach?
View Quote
Saved this quote from a while back.

"the manual shows the issued sling as the TAS-1-UMSS made by Eagle Industries. This sling is identical to
the Eagle Industries TAS-1. The only difference being the TAS-1-UMSS comes with
a KAC sling adapter P/N 98721, Uncle Mike's Mil-Spec Swivel P/N 1402-3 and a
sling extender/adapter"

The picture I saved for this showed the KAC adapter came in the package with the sling.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/399/32288565772_f3b60bae36_k.jpg
View Quote

Shooot das purdy!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AL1EN:

View All Quotes

I'm in for one!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#27]
anyone have a ARMS #32 bipod mount they want to sell or trade for my ARMS #23 VFG?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#28]
Disregard....thought I had an extra but just have an extra #17....
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:32:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AL1EN] [#29]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
View Quote

broke my heart! lol

Im really torn i have a late model 0 do i use the ARMS #32 or A KAC bipod mount?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]

broke my heart! lol

Im really torn i have a late model 0 do i use the ARMS #32 or A KAC bipod mount?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#31]

broke my heart! lol

View All Quotes

broke my heart! lol

IMHO I think the KAC is the way to go....like a third of the cost. This is a repost but it's rocking a KAC....

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I believe my 3-9 is a 2004 model illuminated mildot. I always thought the TS30A1 was a 3-9 and the TS30A2 was 2.5-8. That picture shows what appears to be a TS30A2 in 3-9. I saw a picture of a scope that only had TS30 on the side. No A2 marking under the TS30 like that one. It was a 3-9 M3. I don't think they had M2 back then. All I know is it was hard as shit to find and I've only ever run across the one with M3 turrets and illuminated mildot. It would be cool if someone got the skinny on these.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#33]

IMHO I think the KAC is the way to go....like a third of the cost. This is a repost but it's rocking a KAC....
View Quote

i have seen some wild mod0 with kac adapters also noticed all late mod 0s have the 8" bottom rail on the hand guard.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]

i have seen some wild mod0 with kac adapters also noticed all late mod 0s have the 8" bottom rail on the hand guard.
View All Quotes

Yeah I noticed the long bottom rails too....that's why when I ordered my gen iii tube I ordered it from bcm because they ship all pri hand guards with the 8" bottom rail.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Together again...

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#36]
anyone have a ARMS #32 bipod mount they want to sell or trade for my ARMS #23 VFG?
View Quote
I still have a couple painted #32's in the drawer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
I still have a couple painted #32's in the drawer.
View Quote

PMed you about said #32
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I believe my 3-9 is a 2004 model illuminated mildot. I always thought the TS30A1 was a 3-9 and the TS30A2 was 2.5-8. That picture shows what appears to be a TS30A2 in 3-9. I saw a picture of a scope that only had TS30 on the side. No A2 marking under the TS30 like that one. It was a 3-9 M3. I don't think they had M2 back then. All I know is it was hard as shit to find and I've only ever run across the one with M3 turrets and illuminated mildot. It would be cool if someone got the skinny on these.
View Quote

Samson-Dogg I was just reading that the 3-9x36 MR/T illuminated mildot was in fact a new scope introduced in 2004, as Lance has already pointed out the stock # for those scopes was 57055. The scope I posted a picture of is marked TS-30 A2 and is in fact a 3-9x36 with m3 turrets manufactured in 2007. What year was your scope manufactured, the letter on the serial number is the manufacture year. I can only surmise that the original contract was for 3-9x36 scopes, perhaps subtle changes were made to classify the difference between a TS-30 and a TS-30 A2.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#39]
All this scope cereal number talk is making my head want to implode. Post some pics y'all... too... many... letters.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#41]

broke my heart! lol

View Quote

Mod 1 guy here so both are "correct" for me, started with the ARMS as I though I wanted QD but in almost a year the only time I removed it really was to paint it.  Plus may have been tolerance stacking but it was a MF'r to get on and off.  Switched to the KAC and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Any thoughts on BCM's MK12 Mod 0 upper?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jhivfd24:
Any thoughts on BCM's MK12 Mod 0 upper?
View Quote
I had one for 5yrs (purchased in 2010) and had no issues or complaints.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Here is the 3-9 next to one of my 2.5-8. My 3-9 is a 2006 I believe. I think I found a 2004 3-9 but with M1 turrets so they could not be changed to M3. I think I heard only scopes built from 2007 to present can be changed from a tall turret to a short one.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Here is the 3-9 next to one of my 2.5-8. My 3-9 is a 2006 I believe. I think I found a 2004 3-9 but with M1 turrets so they could not be changed to M3. I think I heard only scopes built from 2007 to present can be changed from a tall turret to a short one.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2918-132299.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2921-132300.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2922-132301.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2923-132302.JPG
View Quote

P is 2006
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2918-132299.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2921-132300.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2922-132301.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2923-132302.JPG
View Quote
They can only be changed to mil. Still tall
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Those Scopes from optics planet are going fast.  I saw when they had 23 but are down to like 5 now in 2 weeks time.  I had to snag one cuz ive sat on my clone for long enough, have had the AEM5 for a year already just sitting in the box.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I had one for 5yrs (purchased in 2010) and had no issues or complaints.
View Quote

Could I build a upper cheaper?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jhivfd24:

Could I build a upper cheaper?
View Quote
With cheaper essential parts (barrel,bcg,upper), absolutely. Or even buy used.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#50]
With cheaper essential parts (barrel,bcg,upper), absolutely. Or even buy used.
View Quote

There's a used BCM Mk12 upper in the EE right now.
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top