Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not gonna lie - kiiinda regret passing on a surplus 1700.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View Quote
Kinda wish I would've gotten a 2nd one.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Same. I need an excuse to build another mk12....
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Exactly what I'm thinking
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:02:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#5]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

Too many liabilities to sell government property, especially military.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Regulatori:
EDIT: Whoa, what a coincident. I was writing this post and doing other things...I didn't even see the above post. The rifle I mentioned below is very similar to that rifle above.

Are there any modernized version of the MK12's in the military today? If not, what happens to all of the older Mod 0 or Holland parts...like rails, handguards, sights, etc..? I'm going to assume they get demo'd. :(
The military would make a killing selling off parts. I was in the Marines when they were slowly phasing out all of the older cobble job MARSOC 1911's (the few I held/got a good look at were so beat up and the frame/slide clearance was hilarious). The Marines could have made a lot of money selling ex-MARSOC 1911 frames/slides since many of those dated back to WW2. My battalion gunner felt the same and asked around but that idea was shot down with a quickness. Makes me angry so much history is just cut to scrap.

The reason I asked about modernized MK12's is that I just saw a youtube video of some type of M16 variant that I couldn't figure out.
It has a NF 2.5-10x24, Larue LT104 mount, offset Aimpoint T1, Harris bipod, KAC dimple suppressor,  CAR stock, and what appears to be a DD handguard. I'll post the video I'll post the video below...it's taken from a helmet cam so and it's the rifle he's holding. Definitely looked like some type of DM style rifle, wasn't sure if this is some evolved MK12 setup. I just rarely see bipods and that optical combo on standard M4's.

Warning for naughty language.

Copy and paste...the video will start at the spot where you see the rifle.

https://youtu.be/gspATMWOqus?t=210

It's too costly to get the stuff from wherever it is to wherever it needs to go to be sold.

ETA:  sorry for the "necropost"; I am working my way backwards and thought I was on the current page versus 100 pages ago.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

Now you need an 80%er with that S/N.
View All Quotes

Yes.  That is in the plans.  I've got five waiting to be completed.  I need to get a few sent off to braceman.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I asked in the Mod H thread but didn't get a response, what's a good light option? I've got a couple M952V's laying around but those aren't quite right, and are bulky to boot. I'm thinking an older M951/952 or 962
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Will816:
I asked in the Mod H thread but didn't get a response, what's a good light option? I've got a couple M952V's laying around but those aren't quite right, and are bulky to boot. I'm thinking an older M951/952 or 962
View Quote

Sorry Will, I've had a lot of family in town this week.  You can do the M951/952, but find those heavy also; personally, I like the Surfire Scout 600's.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]

It's too costly to get the stuff from wherever it is to wherever it needs to go to be sold.

ETA:  sorry for the "necropost"; I am working my way backwards and thought I was on the current page versus 100 pages ago.

View All Quotes

EDIT: Whoa, what a coincident. I was writing this post and doing other things...I didn't even see the above post. The rifle I mentioned below is very similar to that rifle above.

Are there any modernized version of the MK12's in the military today? If not, what happens to all of the older Mod 0 or Holland parts...like rails, handguards, sights, etc..? I'm going to assume they get demo'd. :(

The military would make a killing selling off parts. I was in the Marines when they were slowly phasing out all of the older cobble job MARSOC 1911's (the few I held/got a good look at were so beat up and the frame/slide clearance was hilarious). The Marines could have made a lot of money selling ex-MARSOC 1911 frames/slides since many of those dated back to WW2. My battalion gunner felt the same and asked around but that idea was shot down with a quickness. Makes me angry so much history is just cut to scrap.

The reason I asked about modernized MK12's is that I just saw a youtube video of some type of M16 variant that I couldn't figure out.

It has a NF 2.5-10x24, Larue LT104 mount, offset Aimpoint T1, Harris bipod, KAC dimple suppressor,  CAR stock, and what appears to be a DD handguard. I'll post the video I'll post the video below...it's taken from a helmet cam so and it's the rifle he's holding. Definitely looked like some type of DM style rifle, wasn't sure if this is some evolved MK12 setup. I just rarely see bipods and that optical combo on standard M4's.

Warning for naughty language.

Copy and paste...the video will start at the spot where you see the rifle.

https://youtu.be/gspATMWOqus?t=210

Lol, this is a necropost, but still interesting. Btw, the rifle in the video is just a SOPMOD Block II M4A1 with a nightforce optic and a bipod.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#12]
Originally Posted By usnguns:
<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/SPR2_zpsjc8veuke.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/SPR2_zpsjc8veuke.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/MK12_zpsos26i3cf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/MK12_zpsos26i3cf.jpg</a>
View Quote

rings vs larue mount.....?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
How many rounds till you clean the barrel on your Mk12 ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bayrunner:
How many rounds till you clean the barrel on your Mk12 ?
View Quote

I cleaned mine at around 300, most shot suppressed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:30:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to Kavon for all the hard work on this buy. Unfortunately due to me living in Illinois, that suppressor slot will stay empty for a while. I just need an Otis cleaning kit and manual to finish it off.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cmb5286:
Thanks to Kavon for all the hard work on this buy. Unfortunately due to me living in Illinois, that suppressor slot will stay empty for a while. I just need an Otis cleaning kit and manual to finish it off.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5619/31285526065_13dffba8ef_h.jpg
View Quote

Have Braceman make you up a faux can. My shooting buddy had one made for his as we're in IL too. I think he only charged him $75.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Sorry Will, I've had a lot of family in town this week.  You can do the M951/952, but find those heavy also; personally, I like the Surfire Scout 600's.
View All Quotes

Sounds good. I'll probably keep an eye out for an old, beat up M600
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Plastic was perfect on mine.  Worked great.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:32:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#19]
Insight M3X works great for me

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Have Braceman make you up a faux can. My shooting buddy had one made for his as we're in IL too. I think he only charged him $75.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Originally Posted By cmb5286:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5619/31285526065_13dffba8ef_h.jpg

Or you could buy an airsoft one.  http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Silencers_King_Arms_OPS_12th_Model_Silencer_for_S_P_R_Flash_Hider.htm

I may or may not have one.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Brownells has 10% off $200 and free shipping code: L9M

Brings those A1 lowers to a pretty good price if you get two of them or get something else with one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread got a shout out in this newly released BCM Mk12 Mod 0 review:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4EH8pHrO1Q[/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Feeling some buyers remorse for the NF, I've never spent that much on one gun part, let alone an optic! Is it REALLY that much better than the leupold?? I keep reading about people saying it's not the best in anything but daylight, little concerned. I hope to be able to tell a difference.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:32:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#24]

Originally Posted By aaron580:

Feeling some buyers remorse for the NF, I've never spent that much on one gun part, let alone an optic! Is it REALLY that much better than the leupold?? I keep reading about people saying it's not the best in anything but daylight, little concerned. I hope to be able to tell a difference.
View Quote

If the Mk12 came with a Colt 4x20, there are some people here that would only buy that scope for #OMG #CloneCorrectness #SafeQueen #JustBoughtaShaddowBoxAtHobbyLobby

As for me and my followers

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By dangerdan:

If the Mk12 came with a Colt 4x20, there are some people here that would only buy that scope for #OMG #CloneCorrectness #SafeQueen #JustBoughtaShaddowBoxAtHobbyLobby

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/2015-11-20%2016.43.05_zpsnzijsfmd.jpg

View All Quotes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/2015-11-20%2016.43.05_zpsnzijsfmd.jpg

lol

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

What's your question?

NF 2.5-10×24
NF 2.5-10×42
TS30A2

The ×42 is probably my favorite. Brighter especially in low light. It also has red and green and nv compatible.  ×24 is definitely darker. Leupy is somewhere in the middle and only goes to 8×.  Also, the leupy is 1/2 minute adjustments opposed to 1/4.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

NF 110%, no second-guessing, no half-measures.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

What is this remorse you speak of? My only regret is not having enough money to also buy the x24mm at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#29]
If buying for a rifle you're looking to maximize performance, by all means get the Nightforce.

For clone purposes? Hard to justify getting the NAVSPEC Nightforce for the money, when I got a TS-30 LNIB for $750.

I just can't imagine it's affording me that much more utility, and I don't think it looks better.

As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4EH8pHrO1Q
View Quote
We have a man on the inside.

Don't tell 'em.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Don't tell 'em.

View All Quotes

Don't tell 'em.

Rad! Wish I could monetize this thread somehow, lol.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Lol "followers"

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/2015-11-20%2016.43.05_zpsnzijsfmd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/2015-11-20%2016.43.05_zpsnzijsfmd.jpg</a>

View All Quotes

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Guns/2015-11-20%2016.43.05_zpsnzijsfmd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Guns/2015-11-20%2016.43.05_zpsnzijsfmd.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks Kavon! Looks like mine has had some "modifications"

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#34]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

http://i.imgur.com/s3P9F9N.jpg
View Quote

Eotech, magazine, and.....buttplug?

I mean, it IS a USMC case....
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Just finished putting this pile of parts together and lapped in the rings. Please excuse the incorrect scope, the VX-R patrol is the best I could afford at the moment.

I am not sure that I am satisfied with the LOP, having been a NTCH shooter ever since my senior drill sergeant said to do it that way.  I tried to find an A.R.M.S. #36 S-EX to move everything a little farther forward but those are out of production and hard to find.

I have an N1 CAR stock which is about the same as this A1 when fully extended.
For you guys that have a SOPMOD stock, how does it's length compare to the CAR stock? About the same or a longer when fully extended?

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

http://i.imgur.com/s3P9F9N.jpg

The KAC Colon Toucher
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:
<a href="http://s983.photobucket.com/user/44Echo10/media/Gun%20Stuff/AR/IMG_5337_zps56p5ti6q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/44Echo10/Gun%20Stuff/AR/IMG_5337_zps56p5ti6q.jpg</a>

Just finished putting this pile of parts together and lapped in the rings. Please excuse the incorrect scope, the VX-R patrol is the best I could afford at the moment.

I am not sure that I am satisfied with the LOP, having been a NTCH shooter ever since my senior drill sergeant said to do it that way.  I tried to find an A.R.M.S. #36 S-EX to move everything a little farther forward but those are out of production and hard to find.

For you guys that have a SOPMOD stock, how does it's length compare to the CAR stock? About the same or a longer when fully extended?

View Quote

I had an A1, not long enough lop. Swapped to SOPMOD, perfect. I'm 6'1".
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Silent Express Service.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

Lol "followers"

View All Quotes

Lol "followers"

Well, you did in fact build a Mk13 mod 5 like me.

And your Mk12 looks almost exactly like mine

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Love the color. Reminds me of black multicam
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:46:25 AM EDT
[#42]
What would be a fair starting point for a mil version NF 2.5-10x24?

I want the version with both exposed turrets and NP-R2 reticle.

I don't care about specific markings (I know some had Navy or RECON markings)

How much should I budget for a used one? $1500? $2000?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:48:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TB0321] [#43]
getting close....

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#44]
  Well, you did in fact build an actual Mk13 mod 5 unlike me
And your Mk12 looks almost exactly like mine, but mo' betta

View Quote

Why thank you, Dan. You're such a sweetheart

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:44:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#45]

View Quote

The cheapest a new one could be had for was 1890, but I managed to snag one from a company for smack dab in the middle of your 2 numbers. Seems like a used one runs 1600-1700ish outright, but I haven't paid attention very long. That's just the 2 that I've seen fairly recently.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#46]

The cheapest a new one could be had for was 1890, but I managed to snag one from a company for smack dab in the middle of your 2 numbers. Seems like a used one runs 1600-1700ish outright, but I haven't paid attention very long. That's just the 2 that I've seen fairly recently.
View All Quotes

$1600-1800. Just find a few used and start low ballin.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/44Echo10/Gun%20Stuff/AR/IMG_5337_zps56p5ti6q.jpg

View Quote
I've never compared the LOP's. I can shoot them all the same, but prefer the A1.

Stick looks great. Scope is a good filler optic and solid performer.

I can't tell, what's the thingy where the front sight should be? And is your A1 lower engraved?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:58:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mrgunsngear] [#48]

Don't tell 'em.

View All Quotes

Don't tell 'em.

Ha.   Man on the inside

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#49]

https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5332/29783179180_17ac8c82ba_k.jpg

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5719/31039659565_699c29a0e3_k.jpg

View All Quotes

Well, you did in fact build an actual Mk13 mod 5 unlike me

And your Mk12 looks almost exactly like mine, but mo' betta

https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5332/29783179180_17ac8c82ba_k.jpg

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5719/31039659565_699c29a0e3_k.jpg

Mo Betta eh?

What can is hanging off that Mk12?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Messing around with some iPhone photography...

Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top