Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
for the guys using Nightforce rings what height are you going with?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dslmgk:
Just got this from Leupold. Ordered it back in December. Called again in February and they sent this out. Part #112635 and it is a standard part. Not from the custom shop.http://<a href=http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg537/ontheline1/P3100021.jpg</a>" />

Cost 30 bucks.
View Quote

I second a side profile shot... preferably on the optic. Don't own a Leupy Mk4 yet myself but from what I understand... you replace the very top turret cap with this? So you still have the 1/2 moa adjustments but you can just look at the top turret cap for close 100 yard increment adjustments??
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By pennsylvaniaroots:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

NF 1.375" Ultralight

Originally Posted By Johnson184:

I
second a side profile shot... preferably on the optic. Don't own a
Leupy Mk4 yet myself but from what I understand... you replace the very
top turret cap with this? So you still have the 1/2 moa adjustments but
you can just look at the top turret cap for close 100 yard increment
adjustments??
The turrets only serve as a visual aid, the adjustments are internal.

Swapping Leupold turrets is like erasing the numbers off a ruler and writing in new ones.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RadOP:

I second this

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Originally Posted By mtbspeedfreak:
Will the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1 fit a Mod0 with Swan Sleeve and ARMS medium rings?

The external object diameter of the Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 measures 1.832" and has a tiny bit more than 0.25" clearance between the objective and the Swan Sleeve.

A seller of a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1 said the external objective diameter is 2.321". Can anyone throw a pair of calipers on theirs and confirm please?

If that 2.321" external objective diameter is indeed correct, then it should work. Has anyone tried to throw one in a set of ARMS mediums?
Your math is off. Those numbers leave you needing another .01".

With that setup, you can forget running lens caps, and I'm fairly certain the obj. bell is going to contact the sleeve anyway.

Yeah I don't think you're going to clear the 50mm objective with #22Ms. I have no math to back this up, just some near-figurin' with my eyeballs.
You should've stepped in and told him not to be a whack-ass busta and use a correct optic.

I second this

Hahaha you guys are just jealous my Mod0 wants a Nightforce ;) No really though, the other afternoon I was poking paper at 200 yards and I couldn't freaking see the holes I was making with the Mk4 on 10x. The mirage wasn't helping, but it really bugged me I couldn't resolve the individual holes. And mil/mil would be nice.

Hmmm... I did the math a few times... My current Mk4 setup has a 1.832“ objective external diameter and a hair over a 0.25" gap between the bottom of the objective and Swan Sleeve.

I'd just have to add a quarter inch (the objective to Swan Sleeve gap distance; keep in mind the gap is actually a tick over 0.25", but I can't accurately measure it to that precision) twice (once for radius, twice for diameter) giving me an absolute maximum external objective diameter of 2.332".

The external objective diameter of the NXS is 2.321" which should leave me with about 0.01" of clearance.

Another option I've considered is removing the PEQ rail section - I'm waiting to hear the length dimensions and if the length of the NXS would place the objective in that removable section. Or you know, there's nothing wrong with chopping a SPR PEQ 2-3, right?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
So whats the best way to get a mk12 upper? Build or buy? I priced out parts for a holland clone and it came out cheaper than places like BCM (Mod 0), so it seems like building is the best option? But I'm not an expert obviously.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ReleaseTheKraken:
So whats the best way to get a mk12 upper? Build or buy? I priced out parts for a holland clone and it came out cheaper than places like BCM (Mod 0), so it seems like building is the best option? But I'm not an expert obviously.
View Quote

Are you going the clone route? Do you want a Mod 0 or Mod 1? If you scour the EE you can pick up pieces for your build here and there, that would be the cheaper route to go. If you don't want to wait you can contact Kevin at High Caliber Sales, he'll build you one (depending on parts availability).
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By USMC_FMJ:

Are you going the clone route? Do you want a Mod 0 or Mod 1? If you scour the EE you can pick up pieces for your build here and there, that would be the cheaper route to go. If you don't want to wait you can contact Kevin at High Caliber Sales, he'll build you one (depending on parts availability).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ReleaseTheKraken:

Clone-ish. If I were to build it myself it would be a mod H kind of build with a 16" and no top rail. I'd love to find a used handguard and a few others like that to save some cash, I'll keep an eye out on the EE and I might check out High Caliber Sales. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RyanO20:

Also at a better price than the Nodak. But I like the Nodak minimal engraving better, hmmm.....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Originally Posted By Sogan:
How does the quality of the brownells compare to Nodak spud?

I took it as NoDak machined them and then provided them to Brownells to engrave them and provide their serials numbers. Someone will chime in soon I'm sure

I believe that is the case.

I don't have an NDS to compare side by side, but these are excellent. The cleanest lowers I have ever purchased.

"Designed in conjunction with Nodak Spud..."

And the language in the video on this page , specifically "... that we are having done." at 0:24.

Wow....Brownell's getting into the clone game!

Also at a better price than the Nodak. But I like the Nodak minimal engraving better, hmmm.....

Nodak sells blank a1 forgings to Brownells and Brownells has them machined elsewhere. Nodak does Not machine them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Those brownells and nds bother me. The front pin area isnt 90deg angle...its still got a curve to it. Luckily braceman did mine correctly. Its little shit like that bothers me.....u had ONE job lol
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

1" height as they measure it. Ultralite ones for me
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#11]

I second this

View All Quotes

Will the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1 fit a Mod0 with Swan Sleeve and ARMS medium rings?

The external object diameter of the Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 measures 1.832" and has a tiny bit more than 0.25" clearance between the objective and the Swan Sleeve.

A seller of a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1 said the external objective diameter is 2.321". Can anyone throw a pair of calipers on theirs and confirm please?

If that 2.321" external objective diameter is indeed correct, then it should work. Has anyone tried to throw one in a set of ARMS mediums?

With that setup, you can forget running lens caps, and I'm fairly certain the obj. bell is going to contact the sleeve anyway.

Yeah I don't think you're going to clear the 50mm objective with #22Ms. I have no math to back this up, just some near-figurin' with my eyeballs.

You should've stepped in and told him not to be a whack-ass busta and use a correct optic.

I second this

lol, I know but NF got me like .

Just go Mod1 and you can legally use the NF.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#12]
this page has no pictures

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#13]
" />
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Hahaha you guys are just jealous my Mod0 wants a Nightforce ;) No really though, the other afternoon I was poking paper at 200 yards and I couldn't freaking see the holes I was making with the Mk4 on 10x. The mirage wasn't helping, but it really bugged me I couldn't resolve the individual holes. And mil/mil would be nice.

Hmmm... I did the math a few times... My current Mk4 setup has a 1.832" objective external diameter and a hair over a 0.25" gap between the bottom of the objective and Swan Sleeve.

I'd just have to add a quarter inch (the objective to Swan Sleeve gap distance; keep in mind the gap is actually a tick over 0.25", but I can't accurately measure it to that precision) twice (once for radius, twice for diameter) giving me an absolute maximum external objective diameter of 2.332".

The external objective diameter of the NXS is 2.321" which should leave me with about 0.01" of clearance.

Another option I've considered is removing the PEQ rail section - I'm waiting to hear the length dimensions and if the length of the NXS would place the objective in that removable section. Or you know, there's nothing wrong with chopping a SPR PEQ 2-3, right?
View All Quotes

I second this

Hmmm... I did the math a few times... My current Mk4 setup has a 1.832" objective external diameter and a hair over a 0.25" gap between the bottom of the objective and Swan Sleeve.

Noooooooo! How's that?! Sounds like you need a spotting scope, or a bigger bullet, or a Mod 1....

The scope will probably touch. If not at rest, while the chassis is flexing during firing. Extreme temp changes and variances in parts could push it either way with .01". Stick with the leupy and get you a decent spotting scope, or... Have another excuse to build another MK12!!

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Ack! Where were you when I asked this question last month?

Will an LT788 fit over LT104's rings?

Kidding...interesting setup.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Didn't know either until this week. Took a chance, worked out well I think.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Got the Holland together. Placeholder optic until I decide which direction to go.
Needs a good krylon spray down.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]
[b]Originally Posted By Zakk101abn

Noooooooo! How's that?! Sounds like you need a spotting scope, or a bigger bullet, or a Mod 1....

The scope will probably touch. If not at rest, while the chassis is flexing during firing. Extreme temp changes and variances in parts could push it either way with .01". Stick with the leupy and get you a decent spotting scope, or... Have another excuse to build another MK12!!

View Quote

Mod1s look like any other AR though, soooooo basic. Like a white chick at Starbucks basic. And Hollands aren't even Mk12s, so get that idea out of your head right now! Lol

For shits and giggles, I called ARMS to see if they had a spare removable Picatinny rail section for a #38 SPR PEQ 2/3 and they did not. However, they had a set of non lever stop high rings which I grabbed, so I'm trying to decide how dorky that'd look... The highs on the Swan Sleeve...

I might pull the removable rail section to see if a machinist can reproduce one out of aluminum so I can file down for additional clearance with the medium rings.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Mod1s look like any other AR though, soooooo basic. Like a white chick at Starbucks basic. And Hollands aren't even Mk12s, so get that idea out of your head right now! Lol

For shits and giggles, I called ARMS to see if they had a spare removable Picatinny rail section for a #38 SPR PEQ 2/3 and they did not. However, they had a set of non lever stop high rings which I grabbed, so I'm trying to decide how dorky that'd look... The highs on the Swan Sleeve...

I might pull the removable rail section to see if a machinist can reproduce one out of aluminum so I can file down for additional clearance with the medium rings.
View All Quotes

That analogy only works if the MOD 0 is the basic girls mother that is a little too old and a little too fat, but makes the basic girl look sooooooooo good.  The Holland is the sexy sub, not technically a teacher but you gotta have it.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UsubM] [#20]

Hmmm... I did the math a few times... My current Mk4 setup has a 1.832“ objective external diameter and a hair over a 0.25" gap between the bottom of the objective and Swan Sleeve.

View All Quotes

I have a 3D model of an AR15 upper, various optics, and rings draw up in Solidworks. If you give me the specs of what you want I can model what kind of clearance you'll get. That's how I determined my rings and got about 2mm of clearance on my rifle.

PM me if you're interested

Originally Posted By ARdvark:
this page has no pictures

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1669/24448208284_ac25ba1e4f_h.jpg

That rifle would look a lot better with a Nightforce on it...
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By chenault:

That analogy only works if the MOD 0 is the basic girls mother that is a little too old and a little too fat, but makes the basic girl look sooooooooo good.  The Holland is the sexy sub, not technically a teacher but you gotta have it.  
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Zakk101abn

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

That shits gonna be really, really high. M's on a swan sleeve are slightly higher than what I personally prefer, can't imagine H's.

On an unrelated note if you want to part with those H's to fund some M's I'll be your huckleberry

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#24]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Zakk101abn

Like I said, spotting scope...(Edit: Im not positive is humanly possible to see 1/4" holes @200 with any scope at 15x.... Ifsofacto keep the leupy)

Post your set up now so at least we can at least say you were once clone correct.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm back in black!  I'll install a long collar tonight and finish scrubbing the paint off the ARMS rings.  

" />

Moved all my painted stuff to my recce.  I think it fits the recce, and I just find a black Mod 1 all kinds of sexy.  

" />
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 4:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spermgewehr44] [#26]
Originally Posted By mxdgood84:

That shits gonna be really, really high. M's on a swan sleeve are slightly higher than what I personally prefer, can't imagine H's.

On an unrelated note if you want to part with those H's to fund some M's I'll be your huckleberry

Pic thread:
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q627/Scatmanc2727/4-25-13/E016AF3E-5617-426C-BEB1-E4ABC15C38BB_zps6vwqjub3.jpg
View All Quotes

Pic thread:
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q627/Scatmanc2727/4-25-13/E016AF3E-5617-426C-BEB1-E4ABC15C38BB_zps6vwqjub3.jpg

I love this stick

edit: page ownage

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#27]
" />
Some nice Hollies being posted. I'm pretty bummed I traded some extra gun parts including my GenIII tube towards M24 parts. All well, to many AR's anyways. Had some of that good-good leftover from taking the M24 and M110 out at work the other day, so wanted to chrono and see how it grouped out of my 308 mk12 mod1. Was actually pretty pissed, considering I put all this time and money into reloading, then I shoot a group like this with factory ammo. I'm waiting to get some mk262 in to see how that runs through my 556 mod1. Oh, and btw....FN M4's are replacing our Colts. Ambi selectors, H2 buffa's, nicer triggaz....just FYI for the vets.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By spermgewehr44:

I love this stick

http://s25.postimg.org/rs1lnjyen/fam.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spermgewehr44:

Pic thread:

I love this stick

http://s25.postimg.org/rs1lnjyen/fam.jpg

Thanks man, feeling's mutual.  Big fan of your attention to detail

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#29]

I second a side profile shot... preferably on the optic. Don't own a Leupy Mk4 yet myself but from what I understand... you replace the very top turret cap with this? So you still have the 1/2 moa adjustments but you can just look at the top turret cap for close 100 yard increment adjustments??
View All Quotes
Just got this from Leupold. Ordered it back in December. Called again in February and they sent this out. Part #112635 and it is a standard part. Not from the custom shop.http://<a href=http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg537/ontheline1/P3100021.jpg</a>" />

Cost 30 bucks.

Look on page 817.

I am no visionary on these matters. I did read this thing from page 1 thru the present. Amazing amounts of clone information in here!
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
.855"
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#31]

That guy in the back is eyein' that shit up real hard.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Lol, he's like....."It looks like a mk12 mod1......but it's making a bigger boom"
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Thank you sir

Edit page ownage: This is the progress I made last time I was home, love this rifle

http://<a href=http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/USMC_FMJ/DSC_0007_zpstapmwkss.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/USMC_FMJ/DSC_0002_zpsvnhjc4zw.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By minion42:

What Doctor mount is that?

LT788

Thank you sir

Edit page ownage: This is the progress I made last time I was home, love this rifle

http://<a href=http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/USMC_FMJ/DSC_0007_zpstapmwkss.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/USMC_FMJ/DSC_0002_zpsvnhjc4zw.jpg</a>" />
Soooo nice
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Well I finally got my upper back, they had to remove a little paint and heat it up, but got it switched out in the end.  I'll paint it once I get a little time and a sunny day.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By js1977:
Well I finally got my upper back, they had to remove a little paint and heat it up, but got it switched out in the end.  I'll paint it once I get a little time and a sunny day.

<a href="http://s788.photobucket.com/user/jimmys120/media/9ECB986D-EA4E-4326-A3A2-4DE33C16E466_zpsngr0tstb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/jimmys120/9ECB986D-EA4E-4326-A3A2-4DE33C16E466_zpsngr0tstb.jpg</a>
View Quote

What was the issue to begin with?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#36]
couldn't get the gas block off to save my life, haha!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:50:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By js1977:
couldn't get the gas block off to save my life, haha!
View Quote

Been there before.  If it doesn't come off easily, baking it or access to a press is best.  I've had to use a grinding wheel to cut one off and the Mod 1s GB has taken plenty of beatings to instal and remove.  I've even spent an hour with a sanding block and Dremel to "try" and get a better fit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Heres a pic of my 16" MK12ModFU.  16" Douglas bbl. Colt upper/lower.  Im sure that y'all can figure out the rest.  Posted this pic on my IG, but figured id share here too.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Does any one have an A.R.M.S #22 TRC TRR set up for sale? New or used, painted or not doesn't matter as long as it works. I'll take it want it bad
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Half way there. Upper is what I'll say is highly correct. Need a proper PRI flip up and NLS #22's but I'm happy so far. Sorry for the hasty pic but it's been a long day of running around that's not over yet.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
NLS #22's... I take it the only way to acquire them is via the EE?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By TXDirtyMaxDiesel:

Heres a pic of my 16" MK12ModFU.  16" Douglas bbl. Colt upper/lower.  Im sure that y'all can figure out the rest.  Posted this pic on my IG, but figured id share here too.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg581/TexasOilOutlaw/DSC_4426.jpg
View Quote

Hawt even if it ain't 18".
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:59:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RyanO20] [#44]
Go to SWFA and buy one.

@ShaneWang

http://swfa.com/ARMS-22TRC-Tactical-Ring-Cap-P6071.aspx

http://swfa.com/ARMS-22TRR-Tactical-Ring-Rail-P6072.aspx
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#45]
ordered    thanks!  didn't want to order directly from A.R.M.S, their shipping is expensive and slow and other places are all out of stock
Go to SWFA and buy one.

@ShaneWang

http://swfa.com/ARMS-22TRC-Tactical-Ring-Cap-P6071.aspx

http://swfa.com/ARMS-22TRR-Tactical-Ring-Rail-P6072.aspx
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
So this FINALLY happened today. 11 months 4 days. form 3, form 4, a*/ blunder, certified copy.[/URL]]   -------[URL=http://[URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/meusoc73/media/20160312_172350%201_zpsqms4o2r6.jpeg.html]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By blkrmycs:
So this FINALLY happened today. 11 months 4 days. form 3, form 4, a*/ blunder, certified copy.http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/meusoc73/20160312_173532%201_zps1v6qb3ib.jpeg[/URL]]   -------[URL=http://[URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/meusoc73/media/20160312_172350%201_zpsqms4o2r6.jpeg.html]http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/meusoc73/20160312_172350%201_zpsqms4o2r6.jpeg
View Quote

Oh man! That's awesome! Now all you gotta do is put that badass paint job on that can! Paintball things!
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 11:03:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blkrmycs] [#48]

Oh man! That's awesome! Now all you gotta do is put that badass paint job on that can! Paintball things!
View All Quotes
So this FINALLY happened today. 11 months 4 days. form 3, form 4, a*/ blunder, certified copy.http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/meusoc73/20160312_173532%201_zps1v6qb3ib.jpeg[/URL]]   -------[URL=http://[URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/meusoc73/media/20160312_172350%201_zpsqms4o2r6.jpeg.html]http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/meusoc73/20160312_172350%201_zpsqms4o2r6.jpeg

Thanks Davey , I was thinking I might try the twine wrap at first. if not rattlecan mafia.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
Awesome paint man! Good stuff on this page.

Old pic:

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Cost 30 bucks.
View Quote

Are you going to be spray painting your rifle/scope? Trying to figure out how you'd be able to FDE that without messing up the lettering on the top.
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top