User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackHass] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Whhood:

I know. I've been looking for one and saw that one. I'm still looking for one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
There is a USED TS-30a2 in the EE if anyone is looking to pay 100.00 over full retail

The description in that ad states m3 style turret.  Isn't the spec the m2 turret?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Got my stamp back today, which means I'll shoot the Mod 0 and HOLLAND suppressed tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JackHass:

The description in that ad states m3 style turret.  Isn't the spec the m2 turret?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JackHass:
There is a USED TS-30a2 in the EE if anyone is looking to pay 100.00 over full retail

Yes
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Twitchy:

Got my stamp back today, which means I'll shoot the Mod 0 and HOLLAND suppressed tomorrow.
View Quote

Congrats!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I didn't know the Mod H's had A1 lowers.  Are we sure they did?  Is Danger Dan right in saying they were an Army gun?  I can't keep this Navy Army stuff straight.....  Does Crane supply to Army SF too?  Had they always?  Sometimes when CD talks it seems like they get some of that stuff from Crane too, because it' seems like it was more about getting guns to Special Operations, which I guess would cover all branches.

And then the other thing I'm confused about is that the Mk12, the older ones always had that round PRI tube.  Now I keep seeing what I think are Mk12's but they have ff rails that are more like DD rails.  Not just tubes.  They look a lot more like the SAM-R  rifles, without the front flip up gas block sight.  I think.  Yeah, it's got that ops inc collar.    Is this just the difference between a newer and older Mk12?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:30:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#6]
All the Hollands I see are A1. I have yet to see a pic of a MK12 mod X on an A2...unless someone has an EARRRLY pic of the pre MK12 SPR upper on an M4 or something. The whole program once standardized WAS based on A1 lower for the better FA trigger pull consistency. They grabbed turn in A1's and Mk'd em up.

Navy hollands? Dunno. Holland was army. Maybe a navy dude saw an H and called crane or PRI and did a deed but H was army upgrade S-8 order.

Read your Mk bible and pray for forviveness every night. Lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/2zmb66/mk12_clone_spec_sheets/

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's another hmmm question.  What were the PRI front sight/gas blocks used on prior to the MK12?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

I thought i had missed something lolz.
I gotta wait till the end of the year for an 80% A1 lower. Nds has their own forgings made and yet they are never in stock....go figure. I already got a line on a guy in MI to do the custom engraving tho.

Good eye on the bipod. Its a placeholder for a BR-S. I gotta get it together and shooting....then swap out for correctness as I go. Trust me i know every item that wont be correct and it keeps me awake at night.

View Quote
Been there brother. Don't let it hit you too hard.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
It's "RARE" though.

So "RARE" in fact, that you can only buy one from at least 6 different websites right now.

ETA: There are currently 12 different places you can buy one within the first 3 pages of a google search for "ts30a2".

This is where I got mine.

http://www.tacticalwholesalers.com/Leupold-Mark-4-MRT-25-8x36-M2-Mt-Ill-MD-67920_p_210.html

Wow...that's good to hear.  I've always wondered if Tactical Wholesalers was legit as they have cheapest prices on scopes...by far!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
For a late model mk12 mod 0, what would be the correct recticle for the leupold Mk4 mr/t 3-9x36?
Sorry if this has been asked before. I've been searching the thread for a while.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I gotta wait till the end of the year for an 80% A1 lower. Nds has their own forgings made and yet they are never in stock....go figure. I already got a line on a guy in MI to do the custom engraving tho.

Good eye on the bipod. Its a placeholder for a BR-S. I gotta get it together and shooting....then swap out for correctness as I go. Trust me i know every item that wont be correct and it keeps me awake at night.

I'm actually there with the Mod 0 now. The M1 turrets, anyway.  The leverstops kinda bug me and kinda don't. Mostly they don't because I'm cheap and lazy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Twitchy:
Here's another hmmm question.  What were the PRI front sight/gas blocks used on prior to the MK12?  
View Quote

Nothing .mil to my knowledge. I believe PRI had been quietly working the match rifle scene before the SPR project.

All Mod Hs were Army, built for one specific group.

Crane supplies all of SOCOM to my knowledge. MK12s were available on both sides of the house.

All Mk12s were on A1 lowers, though I thought I spied a Mod 1 upper on an M4 lower in an instagram pic someone posted from a SEAL team. It isn't impossible that Mk12 uppers would have found their way onto M4 lowers over the years. Just not really photographed, thus not proven Kosher for clone purity.

And the overall evolution is early Mk12/SPR with wheel FSB and early tube > Mod 1 with KAC handguard, > Mod 0 with Gen III handguard and non wheel FSB, > Mod H for 5th Group.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]

This is my base. AEM5 suppressor Form 4 was mailed today. If you're in Texas and content with that can Capitol Armory has them (not affiliated with them so hope that's not breaking rules).

I think I sparked Dan to post about the H lol. I am wanting to keep a SOPMOD stock on my A1 lower and I am in a debate with which MK12 upper I want to build/use/buy. Sell me on one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/r3Eo6x" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8597/16439040777_79ac3717eb_c.jpg</a>

This is my base. AEM5 suppressor Form 4 was mailed today. If you're in Texas and content with that can Capitol Armory has them (not affiliated with them so hope that's not breaking rules).

I think I sparked Dan to post about the H lol. I am wanting to keep a SOPMOD stock on my A1 lower and I am in a debate with which MK12 upper I want to build/use/buy. Sell me on one.
View Quote

They are transferring mine. You sure they are doing them direct now?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/r3Eo6x" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8597/16439040777_79ac3717eb_c.jpg</a>

View Quote

You gonna share the fun lower with the CQBR? My vote is either Mod 0 or Mod 1. Being I know you like block II more than block I, that tells me you'd probably prefer Mod 1 over mod 0 in Mk12land.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:43:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#16]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

View All Quotes

Torrey told me two weeks ago they were about to put in an order. They must be the lucky ones getting F3s in 2 weeks. Told me it was in stock and ready to go, and my status changed to Form 4 mailed after I paid. This is my third can from them so I am happy with their service.

Milspec - That lower will always be for the CQBR which is why I am wanting to continue using the SOPMOD stock. For shits and giggles I will mock it up with the right stock, but I'm not going to keep swapping stocks. I have other lowers I can use with the right stock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#17]
SWFA's stock isn't real time, is it? Looking at gas blocks and they are one of the few places that carry the Badger.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
That third hold tho.

One day id like one. Either CII/sot or a keeper. Nice base.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:16:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#19]

All Mk12s were on A1 lowers, though I thought I spied a Mod 1 upper on an M4 lower in an instagram pic someone posted from a SEAL team. It isn't impossible that Mk12 uppers would have found their way onto M4 lowers over the years. Just not really photographed, thus not proven Kosher for clone purity.
And the overall evolution is early Mk12/SPR with wheel FSB and early tube > Mod 1 with KAC handguard, > Mod 0 with Gen III handguard and non wheel FSB, > Mod H for 5th Group.
View Quote

**Obviously not my pic, but a nice one full of a whole lot of awesome ** I'm guessing here, but my eyes tell me this Mod 1 upper is on an A2 profiled M4A1 lower. What do you all think? It doesn't look gray to me, it looks black. While I'm sure that this upper was on an M16A1 lower with fixed stock at some point, it would make sense that it might end up as another shared upper in a team members' kit, or used as needed by the group on individual user preferred/configured/familiar M4A1 lowers as the missions called for it. M4A1's are now being fitted with Geissele SSF's, so the trigger would likely be up to snuff.... plus the boon of preferred collapsible stock/grip is there. Just my thoughts...

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Actually, I didn't know the Mod H's had A1 lowers.  Are we sure they did?  Is Danger Dan right in saying they were an Army gun?  I can't keep this Navy Army stuff straight.....  Does Crane supply to Army SF too?  Had they always?  Sometimes when CD talks it seems like they get some of that stuff from Crane too, because it' seems like it was more about getting guns to Special Operations, which I guess would cover all branches.

And then the other thing I'm confused about is that the Mk12, the older ones always had that round PRI tube.  Now I keep seeing what I think are Mk12's but they have ff rails that are more like DD rails.  Not just tubes.  They look a lot more like the SAM-R  rifles, without the front flip up gas block sight.  I think.  Yeah, it's got that ops inc collar.    Is this just the difference between a newer and older Mk12?
View Quote

Check out page 1 of this forum, It has the break down?  Then read the next 900 pages and you should be good
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Waterman-x:

Check out page 1 of this forum, It has the break down?  Then read the next 900 pages and you should be good
View All Quotes

Oh, page one is full of good stuff.  Thank you!  That helped.  I think the Marines are using the Mod 1 a lot.  Eh?  I saw it on this one thing on netflix I was watching.   Now I forget the name of it.....  But it was about some marines in Afghanistan and there was a Mod 1 being used in there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Oh, page one is full of good stuff.  Thank you!  That helped.  I think the Marines are using the Mod 1 a lot.  Eh?  I saw it on this one thing on netflix I was watching.   Now I forget the name of it.....  But it was about some marines in Afghanistan and there was a Mod 1 being used in there.
View All Quotes

Battleground Afghanistan.

RE: CloneDiseased:

That's the Instagram pic I referenced. Only time I've seen a pic of any Mk12 Mod that might legitimately be on an M4 lower in active use. I think the assessment regarding the slow proliferation of the G SSF trigger into the M4A1 is correct in that there's no loss by using a Mk12 upper on an M4A1 lower with an SSF. It makes sense in that all the guy has to carry around is 2x extra uppers for the M4 if needed, a CQB upper and the Mk12 upper. I believe that pic was supposedly a SEAL team based on the Instagram post, and they were definitely users of the Mod 1.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:56:15 AM EDT
[#23]

That's the Instagram pic I referenced. Only time I've seen a pic of any Mk12 Mod that might legitimately be on an M4 lower in active use. I think the assessment regarding the slow proliferation of the G SSF trigger into the M4A1 is correct in that there's no loss by using a Mk12 upper on an M4A1 lower with an SSF. It makes sense in that all the guy has to carry around is 2x extra uppers for the M4 if needed, a CQB upper and the Mk12 upper. I believe that pic was supposedly a SEAL team based on the Instagram post, and they were definitely users of the Mod 1.
View All Quotes

I was waiting for a pic of this type. Honestly that's what the guys do. it is a hell of a lot easier to just take your CQD plate equipped M4A1 lower with an SSA in it and use the MK12 upper on it than to have to wait on the the armorer to swap out the buttstock and all that (IF he allows it) Two pins, make what you want, and when you return to the FOB swap em back for services/TI.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:58:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Full write up on Reddit coming when I get some sleep, pics finish uploading to Imgur, and I try to buy a car/get more for our trade-in. In the meantime, here's a little something to whet your appetite. She's put together for real this time

P804029337 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

P805029539 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

P805029640 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

P805029741 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:05:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Full write up on Reddit coming when I get some sleep, pics finish uploading to Imgur, and I try to buy a car/get more for our trade-in. In the meantime, here's a little something to whet your appetite. She's put together for real this time

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/wX1n7k" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/301/20313181331_fb84b56e98_k.jpg</a>P804029337 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/wWtDkD" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/507/20307187455_4245559c73_k.jpg</a>P805029539 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/wDRXps" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3707/20119160260_e8154388b9_k.jpg</a>P805029640 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/wDS3to" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/525/20119177308_85e34522d2_k.jpg</a>P805029741 by LanceCriminal86, on Flickr

View Quote

Looks damned good. The incorrect can is far less conspicuous on the Holland than the Mod 0.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Not to be a buzz-kill, but given the resolution of that photograph - unless there's a higher-resolution one that someone can provide/link to, doesn't definitively say to me "MK 12 upper on M4A1 lower."  

One of the arguments being the apparent color of the lower receiver - different computer monitors and color settings and photographic filters notwithstanding, a great many, if not most M16A1 lower receivers that were re-purposed as MK 18 and MK 12 lowers were arsenal refinished flat black, and thus would not appear the typical lighter gray of factory M16A1 lower receivers.  

The "typical" Crane-standard Ergo grip would also lend credence to the idea that it's simply a "stock" MK 12 (M16A1) lower receiver that's had a collapsible stock assembly installed, explanations could be many and varied for why the upper receiver is painted and the lower is not, including damage to the original lower receiver - remember this fella?  While rarely a problem - the M16A2-style lower receiver forging was intended to reinforce the stock/receiver area -

Once again, I'm not saying it is or it is not, but I would hesitate to say that this photograph is definitive "proof."  

That being said, there have been more than a couple reports from members whom I'd trust on the matter (e.g. Stukas87, CombatDiver) to substantiate that some MK 12 uppers were used on M4A1 lowers, so even if this photograph could be used to verify it - I don't know that I would consider it anything more than another photograph of something that we've already seen/known existed anyways.    

At the end of the day, the big difference between a MK 12 and M4A1 lower besides the forging is the FCG--two-stage triggers are nice, but it doesn't take a super-human to do good work with a decent stock M4A1 trigger.  

I suspect the biggest reason that a lot of folks wouldn't want to mess with swapping uppers and lowers is because of the supply headaches that could ensue if the wrong upper got "stuck" with the wrong lower when turn-in time came... easier to just keep 'em together.  As it is, I bet the new, serialized CQBR uppers are... fun.  

~Augee

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:34:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#27]
I agree Augee, its the exception to the norm. And if anyone asks me my i have an A2 lower it wont be "because guys did that" it will be "because im waiting on a NDS A1" LOL.

To keep the balance of purity in here for correctness i agree it needs to be A1. If you wanna take a pic with your MK18 lower thrown on to show a possible setup from the 'Stan, then thats one thing.

I will preach the specs to anyone who asks and i will chainsaw myself until its correct lolz.

EDIT: wtf is that KAC buis doing on TOP of that swan sleeve?

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

I'm actually there with the Mod 0 now. The M1 turrets, anyway.  The leverstops kinda bug me and kinda don't. Mostly they don't because I'm cheap and lazy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

I've got M non stops in the parts bin... Too lazy to swap/re-zero for the time being. Glad I ain't the only lazy one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#29]

Originally Posted By Augee:

Not to be a buzz-kill, but given the resolution of that photograph - unless there's a higher-resolution one that someone can provide/link to, doesn't definitively say to me "MK 12 upper on M4A1 lower."  
One of the arguments being the apparent color of the lower receiver - different computer monitors and color settings and photographic filters notwithstanding, a great many, if not most M16A1 lower receivers that were re-purposed as MK 18 and MK 12 lowers were arsenal refinished flat black, and thus would not appear the typical lighter gray of factory M16A1 lower receivers.  
The "typical" Crane-standard Ergo grip would also lend credence to the idea that it's simply a "stock" MK 12 (M16A1) lower receiver that's had a collapsible stock assembly installed, explanations could be many and varied for why the upper receiver is painted and the lower is not, including damage to the original lower receiver - remember this fella?  While rarely a problem - the M16A2-style lower receiver forging was intended to reinforce the stock/receiver area -
http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/lower_zps2a826606.jpg
Once again, I'm not saying it is or it is not, but I would hesitate to say that this photograph is definitive "proof."  
That being said, there have been more than a couple reports from members whom I'd trust on the matter (e.g. Stukas87, CombatDiver) to substantiate that some MK 12 uppers were used on M4A1 lowers, so even if this photograph could be used to verify it - I don't know that I would consider it anything more than another photograph of something that we've already seen/known existed anyways.    
At the end of the day, the big difference between a MK 12 and M4A1 lower besides the forging is the FCG--two-stage triggers are nice, but it doesn't take a super-human to do good work with a decent stock M4A1 trigger.  
I suspect the biggest reason that a lot of folks wouldn't want to mess with swapping uppers and lowers is because of the supply headaches that could ensue if the wrong upper got "stuck" with the wrong lower when turn-in time came... easier to just keep 'em together.  As it is, I bet the new, serialized CQBR uppers are... fun.  
~Augee
View Quote
Ruining my life right now , lol. No, I completely agree Augee, it was just an assessment I  made based off a low-res pic...whilst juggling chainsaws in the dark. I think I'm seeing a Magpul BAD lever on that lower as well...but I could be completely wrong.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#30]
If someone can find me a PRI tube for $200 or less I will build an APC/MOD H so RTU will stop crying like a woman.

ETA: And keep my 12th model
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Good luck on finding on that cheap, I paid a little more than that for one and though it was a deal. I posted yesterday about trying to make sure it was not a knockoff - which it was not.

I might be putting a PRI Repro Gen II in the ee in the next week though.

Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
If someone can find me a PRI tube for $200 or less I will build an APC/MOD H so RTU will stop crying like a woman.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmmmmmm....... RECCE rail on gen 3 hg no likey alignment.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Hmmmmmm....... RECCE rail on gen 3 hg no likey alignment. <a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s7.postimg.org/s0p7u1b7v/20150805_124257.jpg</a>

View Quote

I had to loosen the top rail when I installed my ARMS rail to get proper alignment. I believe there was some forwards/backwards adjustment room for that purpose.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#34]
Nailed it. Just called and they walked me through it. Loosen top hg rail, attatch recce rail to hg hole. Tighten recce rail, tighten hg rail.

Well guys, it aint much, but here is the base Army precision carbine mod holland lol. I forgot to get a 3" rail for the VFG lol.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

View Quote

You can buy an airsoft Gen III. Just be sure not to tell anybody.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spartanglory11] [#36]
Finally, they meet.

Before:
[/URL]" />
[/URL]" />

After:
[/URL]" />
[/URL]" />

Moving sucks, so excuse the boxes and mess. Or don't

Not gonna change much more after this final package.

Since I didn't paint the rifle and suppressor at the same time the suppressor looks a little more green, but I'll change it when the paint melts off or wears off naturally.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Nailed it. Just called and they walked me through it. Loosen top hg rail, attatch recce rail to hg hole. Tighten recce rail, tighten hg rail.

Well guys, it aint much, but here is the base Army precision carbine mod holland lol. I forgot to get a 3" rail for the VFG lol.

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s4.postimg.org/y5i7sxgvx/20150805_131350.jpg</a>
<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s8.postimg.org/tj20627zp/20150805_132530.jpg</a>
image hosting 20mb

View Quote

Shit looks legit brother! Almost there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PraesulPresul1] [#38]
Originally Posted By RadOP:

#38 SPR Mod 1 Swan Sleeve  

#38 SPR PEQ-2
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RadOP:
Originally Posted By PraesulPresul1:
Somebody have a ARMS part numbers for the SPR rail and PEQ rail? I also assume the rails changed part # with handguard gens. Can't find it quickly but It might  be buried in here somewhere.

Thanks.

#38 SPR Mod 1 Swan Sleeve  

#38 SPR PEQ-2

Sorry I meant is there specific parts # thru ARMS like 111-54SPR or something on the rails themselves.  I may have a line on a PEQ is why I ask....
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Short & sweet heads up:

I'm trading a new Knight's Armament Long FF RAS (P/N: 21318).
I'm looking for a new FDE M4A1 RIS II

PM me or check EE for details.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#40]

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s4.postimg.org/y5i7sxgvx/20150805_131350.jpg</a>
<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s8.postimg.org/tj20627zp/20150805_132530.jpg</a>
image hosting 20mb

View Quote

Dang you work fast.  Looks great!  What scope you gonna use?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twitchy] [#41]

http://s4.postimg.org/y5i7sxgvx/20150805_131350.jpg
View Quote

I've been kicking around the idea of putting my Recce rail on the H.  Your pictures didn't help.  I just switched and it feels much better.  More forward and slightly lower than the LT104.  Feels more natural to me.  I did the calculations, and it my math if correct, it's a just about .25" lower with the rail and NF rings.

Out of curiosity, what are you guys getting (velocity) from your 16"/18" with BH 77g OTM (5.56)?  This was the first time I shot any commercial MK262 variant.  Only shot my clone hand-loads through mine thus far.

Today I did a quick range stop on my way home and got:

Mod 0

-Min 2769

-Max 2854

-Avg 2821

-SD  27.7

-ES  85

Mod H

-Min 2687

-Max 2772

-Avg 2731

-SD  23.6

-ES  85

Not trying to turn this into a reloading thread, but the velocity and ES seemed high to me.  I'm getting 20" velocity out of the 18" and damn near 18" velocity out of the 16".  

Assumptions based off this info from way back.

MK 262 VELOCITY DATA

DIFFERENCE 310 FPS

DIFFERENCE/INCH 103 FPS
10.5" 2363 FPS ... 14.5" 2576 FPS

DIFFERENCE 213 FPS

DIFFERENCE/INCH 53 FPS
14.5" 2576 FPS ... 16" 2669 FPS

DIFFERENCE 93 FPS

DIFFERENCE/INCH 62 FPS
16" 2669 FPS ... 18" 2769 FPS

DIFFERENCE 100 FPS

DIFFERENCE/INCH 50 FPS
18" 2769 FPS ... 20" 2818 FPS

DIFFERENCE 49 FPS

DIFFERENCE/INCH 25 FPS

EDIT

Pic thread.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone is going to surely pop up in here soon with their newly acquired , extremely rare TS-30A2. I should buy some and put them in the EE for sale
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:57:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#43]
Oooh oooh i vant von! Lol.

Right now all i have is a mark ar 3-9 mdot as a place holder. Gonna grab some form of TPS/leupold/ARMS 22m new style 30mm rings for now until i can get a mk4 3.5-10 or a 2.5-8 used in beater condition and some arms nls 22m's by the end of the year if i am lucky.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#44]
This thing is begging for a TS30.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspocvpokm.jpg
View Quote

yes it is.

mine is too.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I think that's what I'm going to end up with as well. Just need to find the best price on one now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

I think that's what I'm going to end up with as well. Just need to find the best price on one now.
View Quote

I bought my 2.5x8-36 M2 Illum. TMR for $750 new from a very reputable dealer
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Spill it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

yes it is.

mine is too.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspocvpokm.jpg

yes it is.

mine is too.  

Put us down for one too
" />
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Someone is going to surely pop up in here soon with their newly acquired , extremely rare TS-30A2. I should buy some and put them in the EE for sale
View Quote
Appropriate user name is appropriate.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_163/1458400_WTS__RARE_Leupold_MRT_MK4_2_5_8x36_Illuminated_TS30_A2_MK12_MOD_1_Scope.html

Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top