Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wakebrdr142:
https://i.ibb.co/pvNjR1M/IMG-4915.jpg
View Quote

Ya'll got the part number for that Cap?  I can give the part number for the one I just got #55521 $36 plus shipping......................
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#3]
Double Tap.......................
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Currahee-Cav:

Looks like MSP just got a few in stock. "7 available for immediate delivery" at the time of this post.
View Quote

Where do you see that on their site?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BravoSierra:

Where do you see that on their site?
View Quote

Where it now says out of stock...sold back out within a couple hours of posting that. I was able to order a set thankfully - been checking stock status every evening for a few months so was shocked to see it change on a Saturday evening.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm always a day late. Lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#7]
MSP's "in stock" status is a bunch of BS.
I've ordered multiple items from them that say in stock, and then a day or two later you'll get an email saying it's backordered.
I've had the #22 TRR and TRC on backorder for half a year now, with them.
Don't get disappointed that you "missed out", cause you didn't.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#8]
Originally Posted By pinball-1:
I've ordered multiple items from them that say in stock, and then a day or two later you'll get an email saying it's backordered.
View Quote

Happened to me too. I kinda stopped shopping there from that ish

2024 clone rifles shoot in PA
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Gonna keep that one on the radar.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#10]
View Quote

I ordered a TRC and TRR a few weeks back and I got the TRC. I know at least one other person in here did too. You might wanna raise some stink if they've skipped over you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Damn, that's an impressive range.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote
Done a couple night shoots there.  The facility is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

If it wasn't 5 hours away I'd think about it
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#14]
What would a OG 12th model ops inc bring these days?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Last one sold for $3500 ish on GB.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wakebrdr142:
Last one sold for $3500 ish on GB.
View Quote

Good lord.... 4x what I paid in 2012 direct from Ops Inc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

SO glad to see this, I hope my rifle will be done!
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#18]

I ordered a TRC and TRR a few weeks back and I got the TRC. I know at least one other person in here did too. You might wanna raise some stink if they've skipped over you.
View Quote

I sent em an email, will see what they say.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RadOP:

Good lord.... 4x what I paid in 2012 direct from Ops Inc.
View Quote
I should a grabbed the one I saw used in the EE a few years ago for like $1200. But I mean tbh, my AEM5 works great. Is what it is
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I should a grabbed the one I saw used in the EE a few years ago for like $1200. But I mean tbh, my AEM5 works great. Is what it is
View Quote

For sure, the AEM5 is the same thing as the 12th model, just a different mfg marking.  I am toying with the idea of the OCM5 for another build if it is in fact "better"
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Some days I wish I could paint this one...I've got a perfect match for the tan and brown that's left on the rail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Svensson:
https://i.imgur.com/HzwOTyeh.jpg

Some days I wish I could paint this one...I've got a perfect match for the tan and brown that's left on the rail.
View Quote

Do it. Paint comes off easy if you're not satisfied.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thatARMSguy] [#23]
As much flak I'll get for this, Charlie's got a batch of NOS tan anodized TRRs a while back and I jumped on it. Pretty sure it was a one time thing, they said it was a leftover batch from an NSW contract that A.R.M.S. found in the corner of their shop. Whenever I get a grey TRR for my #35 I'll put it to the side and save it for an early Mk 12.

On a related note, has the TRS ever been seen in the field? Love the way they look

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Got a response from MSP - "The items on your order have not been in stock. I don't know when these two items will be back in stock."

So someone is full of it...
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By thatARMSguy:
As much flak I'll get for this, Charlie's got a batch of NOS tan anodized TRRs a while back and I jumped on it. Pretty sure it was a one time thing, they said it was a leftover batch from an NSW contract that A.R.M.S. found in the corner of their shop. Whenever I get a grey TRR for my #35 I'll put it to the side and save it for an early Mk 12.

On a related note, has the TRS ever been seen in the field? Love the way they look

https://i.imgur.com/hAlarND.jpeg
View Quote
C'mon bro...more pics of inside that tote

-MSP is off my list of people I buy from, and that's just one reason why. It's 2024, live inventory should be standard.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Got a response from MSP - "The items on your order have not been in stock. I don't know when these two items will be back in stock."

View Quote

Want a redacted copy of my order saying it shipped?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#27]

https://i.imgur.com/hAlarND.jpeg
View Quote

Charlies probably just had regular ones color changed lol.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

If you're willing! I'll send it over to em and jack em up haha!
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Shoot me an email.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I've had issues with them doing stuff like that, mainly old stuff that they say is available for back order that I know for a fact is discontinued. When I brought it up and suggest they remove it from the site so people don't get their hopes up they just hung up and blocked my number.

C'mon bro...more pics of inside that tote

-MSP is off my list of people I buy from, and that's just one reason why. It's 2024, live inventory should be standard.

I have a bad habit of impulse buying stuff when I don't have anything to put them on. I can probably set up like 7 or 8 guns with this stuff. Current priorities are making an M4 for the #50M and a late Mod 0 for the #38 SPR. It's not a PEQ-2-3 but it'll be close enough for now.

Originally Posted By brodband8:

Charlies probably just had regular ones color changed lol.

I wouldn't put it past them lol. It's a pretty nice color, almost bronze in the right light. The finish is weird too, it's like silky vs the kinda rough texture on normal grey parts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#31]
I've had issues with them doing stuff like that, mainly old stuff that they say is available for back order that I know for a fact is discontinued. When I brought it up and suggest they remove it from the site so people don't get their hopes up they just hung up and blocked my number.

I have a bad habit of impulse buying stuff when I don't have anything to put them on. I can probably set up like 7 or 8 guns with this stuff. Current priorities are making an M4 for the #50M and a late Mod 0 for the #38 SPR. It's not a PEQ-2-3 but it'll be close enough for now.
https://i.imgur.com/LZqBM8W.jpg

I wouldn't put it past them lol. It's a pretty nice color, almost bronze in the right light. The finish is weird too, it's like silky vs the kinda rough texture on normal grey parts.
View Quote
Wild cloney parts bro. Wild. I say spray it with stripper and see if it comes off LOL. Personally I'd just blast it and alum black it, or a alum Hyde the colty gray

Since we wanna talk about Atlantic Research Marketing Systems........

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Wild cloney parts bro. Wild. I say spray it with stripper and see if it comes off LOL. Personally I'd just blast it and alum black it, or a alum Hyde the colty gray

Since we wanna talk about Atlantic Research Marketing Systems........
https://i.postimg.cc/SNY9YbPV/IMG-20240228-220009193-2.jpg

View Quote
Can't say I've ever seen someone chop a TRR before, I kinda like it. If you're just gonna mount an MRDS or RMR that's really all you need. Gonna keep the tanodized one, factory FDE parts are pretty rare and valuable. Honestly $68 for this was a steal, considering what Charlie could have charged. Saw one of these plus a wingless TRC sell for $500 on eBay, insanity
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Always thought this mod 1 with the chopped TRR on the back of a TS30 looked totally boss.  There’s better pics of it but don’t have one handy.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:58:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#34]
Of course I finally go to buy a MK5HD and Leupold is sold out. Hopefully they get some more soon.

Anyone know where I can get a Badger Mount for not $300?

Edit: Anyone have some pictures with a Leupold MK5HD on it? Debating if I should run the A1 stock or get a Magpul PRS.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
Of course I finally go to buy a MK5HD and Leupold is sold out. Hopefully they get some more soon.

Edit: Anyone have some pictures with a Leupold MK5HD on it? Debating if I should run the A1 stock or get a Magpul PRS.
View Quote

I bought my MK5HD from Euro Optics.

Not sure where to get a deal for the COMM.

Pics start here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-Mk12-Mod0-Mod1-ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread/118-520524/?page=1113#i8405979

A1 if you want to look the part. PRS gen 2 if you need it to fit your body and face.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I bought my MK5HD from Euro Optics.

Not sure where to get a deal for the COMM.

Pics start here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Official-Mk12-Mod0-Mod1-ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread/118-520524/?page=1113#i8405979

A1 if you want to look the part. PRS gen 2 if you need it to fit your body and face.
View Quote

I get a deal through Leupold, so I will be waiting for them to restock. A1 does look really good on it, I will stick with that for a bit and see how I like it when the scope comes in.

Anyone have a clue what a Leuopold 67925 with 22H rings would be worth?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

View Quote

They pop up often in the EE for $250-ish.  I picked mine up there for a little less.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:51:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pinball-1] [#38]
Response from MSP after sending them shipment confirmation from SecretSquirell's order;

"We like to ship complete.  We did have TRC's available so we allocated them to orders that would ship complete."

edit to my follow up email;

"The majority of the time, customers don't want one without the other, especially if they ordered both.  For the few customers that just order the one piece, we can fill it."

:eyeroll:
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fives] [#39]
So it looks like I missed out on getting a leupold mark 4 3.5-10x32 about a few months ago as I was able to find them. Midway has some sales on a batch not too long ago. I know they are discontinued but I can’t seem to find them anywhere lol. There is a local shop that has a new leupold mark 2.5-8 x 32 with the mk12 77 gr turret marking and adjustments. If I remember correctly this is the original standard military issue for the mk12. They are asking for $1700. Is this something I should jump on ? I’d probably like to spend a little less if possible for a used mark 4 3.5-10. But if they are not ripping me off lol then i’d consider buying it.  I know there are other better options but for the nostalgia it would be cool to get a standard issue scope.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#40]
Originally Posted By Fives:
So it looks like I missed out on getting a leupold mark 4 3.5-10x32 about a few months ago as I was able to find them. Midway has some sales on a batch not too long ago. I know they are discontinued but I can't seem to find them anywhere lol. There is a local shop that has a new leupold mark 2.5-8 x 32 with the mk12 77 gr turret marking and adjustments. If I remember correctly this is the original standard military issue for the mk12. They are asking for $1700. Is this something I should jump on ? I'd probably like to spend a little less if possible for a used mark 4 3.5-10. But if they are not ripping me off lol then i'd consider buying it.  I know there are other better options but for the nostalgia it would be cool to get a standard issue scope.
View Quote

I bought my new Mark 4 TS30-A2 (2.5-8x36) with the Mk12 Mod1 77gr marked turret for $1,250 years ago - back when they were still in production.

So honestly, considering they're discontinued AND it's a cool Mk12 piece (even though it's technically not the exact same issued scope) - $1,700 isn't that terrible of a price.

I'd at least try giving them an offer for a little less, but like I said, if it's new, that's not a bad price considering the things I mentioned above.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#41]
Wish I had further to shoot.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Wish I had further to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifheT-DKxzI
View Quote

I'd say she's pretty damn accurate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm happy with it for sure
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#44]
That trace though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Response from MSP after sending them shipment confirmation from SecretSquirell's order;

"We like to ship complete.  We did have TRC's available so we allocated them to orders that would ship complete."

"The majority of the time, customers don't want one without the other, especially if they ordered both.  For the few customers that just order the one piece, we can fill it."

View Quote
So what they're saying is if you're backordering multiple items you have to make individual orders for each part and pay the extra shipping...
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#46]
So what they're saying is if you're backordering multiple items you have to make individual orders for each part and pay the extra shipping...
View All Quotes

That's how I ended up doing it even though I didn't really mean to. I ordered rings, then remembered a few hours later that I needed the TRC. Then a day or 2 later I realized I could b/o the rail and did so. I emailed and asked about combining the first 2 orders to make it simpler, but they said the TRC was b/o. I get shipping notification of the rings later in the day, then a day or 2 later I get notification for the TRC. I don't think they really know what they've got in stock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have experience with getting stripped gas block screws out? Got the first one out no problem, but second one is stripped. My CLE Douglas barrel finally came in, so I'm taking apart my upper to rebuild it and looking to sell the barrel, so don't want to scratch it if I can avoid it.

I tried using one of those damaged screw extractors, but it wouldn't extract.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:
Anyone have experience with getting stripped gas block screws out? Got the first one out no problem, but second one is stripped. My CLE Douglas barrel finally came in, so I'm taking apart my upper to rebuild it and looking to sell the barrel, so don't want to scratch it if I can avoid it.

https://i.imgur.com/rqnDk1Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/l9TDkyh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PePPUW3.jpg
View Quote

Looks like your down to just drilling it out now based on the amount of material I see left.  I would go slow and drill that bitch out the rest of the way........
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

Looks like your down to just drilling it out now based on the amount of material I see left.  I would go slow and drill that bitch out the rest of the way........
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

https://i.imgur.com/rqnDk1Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/l9TDkyh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PePPUW3.jpg

I figured as much haha. Thanks for the response. I'll put the drill bit down in the other hole to see how deep it goes and then set a piece of tape to mark it so I don't go too low.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Got a surplus A1 stock along with a surplus A1 grip from my friend, thinking about changing out the ergo grip for it.

Sold my MK4, now to wait for Leupold to restock the MK5HD. For the Badger mount, what would be a better choice, 0MOA or 20MOA?

Attachment Attached File
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top