Me too please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
Originally Posted By ringer706:
Originally Posted By siles76:

That's 5pm CST on Friday, correct? Or are those going live today on your site?

Yes, that would be Friday thank you for clarifying. Ballisticards, in-stock docs will be 20% off, plus a bunch of clone parts all hitting then.

Any chance I could get a PM with your site info, please?

Me too please.

I'd like one too, please.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If I could put my name down for a card please pm me with the website  thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: axarob44] [#3]
I wanted to post a couple update pictures of my Mod 0 I’m working on. With the help from Hunterex with the front sight ‘🙏’ thank you! I had the Gen 1 full address wheeled on there before and it looked sorely out of place. I’m working on the sling setup so I have a temporary set up on there for now. I imagine the correct scope will take awhile. I really like the 10x on there now the little bit extra magnification helps.

Thanks to all on this thread for the knowledge and info! More to come.

PS I see that $2000 + scope in the EE but I saw when he first posted the sale he said he was posting it to cash in on all the crazy prices this stuff is going for. He has changed it a couple times.
I can’t say I would pay $2150 for Mk4 2.5-8 with lever stop rings. I hope it's not coming to that

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:39:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#6]

Looking great!  Definitely a beautiful build and congrats!!

ETA: That 10x is a wonderful stand in and those are great scopes.  
Since we get to see pics I dont think my eyes could handle seeing you swap that 10x out for a 2.5.8, especially if it's a 112633.  The issued scope from Crane woulda been the 3-9 Leupold anyway.  Certainly everyone's eyes are different but I just love those 10x.  Plus the 112633's are hideous .  Not that I have a vote, but if I did it would be to keep that 3.5-10 on there.  Congrats again on an awesome build.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: axarob44] [#7]
No that's my mistake,  3-9x36 (TS-30). I can't keep them all straight. I thought they also used the TS-30A2 (not 112633)?  Also I wouldn't put a 112633 on there. Hell, I used to like mine on my Mod1, now not so much seeing all those old, clean illumination humps.

Yeah I got the scope on the EE here I'm really happy with it. Nice and clear, lenses are perfect. I want to say it's from 2010 if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]
id also like a mod 0 card so i guess pm for site info so i can look out for them. thx
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By axarob44:
No that's my mistake,  3-9x36 (TS-30). I can't keep them all straight. I thought they also used the TS-30A2 (not 112633)?  Also I wouldn't put a 112633 on there. Hell, I used to like mine on my Mod1, now not so much seeing all those old, clean illumination humps.

Yeah I got the scope on the EE here I'm really happy with it. Nice and clear, lenses are perfect. I want to say it's from 2010 if I remember correctly.
View Quote

Awesome.  It's a beauty for sure.  

You got it, issued from Crane on late mod 0 was TS30A2 3-9x36.  Commercial marked would work also.  I packed mine away in the safe as I bought another 3.5-10 to run - just really like that scope. Plus, they just look right at home on a MK12.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:31:08 AM EDT
[#11]
the site is modernarmresources.com
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Patiently waiting on an OCM5/AEM5 to pop up and need to install trigger guard. took here out to 570 yard last weekend. Was a good time!

Untitled by Trey Brown, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: axarob44] [#13]
Figured I would post this up. I'm hoping its the right sling. I took a chance and ordered a TAS sling from Army and Outdoors in New Zealand. It made it here no trouble in less than a week. It looked like it was too narrow at first, it's 1" webbing and It came in the factory packaging and is in fact a TAS-AK sling. It did not come with the buttstock adapter like I had hoped, but it didn't say it would. I was hoping I'd get lucky. I'm still not sure if this is the same as the TAS-1, It looks narrower compared to some of the pictures here.

So, this was $60 total, figured I'd give it a shot, now if anyone has an extra buttstock adapter they would part with lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: axarob44] [#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:40:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#15]

TAS-1 slings are 1-inch width.  Just FYI.  Yours looks about right but may want to measure it just to confirm.  I seem to recall that TAS AK is the same sling just doesn't have all the same adapters that come with the M4/M16 version.

Pic for pic thread: If the weather cooperates this weekend, this stick will be getting a Krylon bath.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
The only adapter that was in the package was the front black piece for the UM swivel. All the green webbing is 1".   Thank you for confirming the webbing width
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

TAS-1 slings are 1-inch width.  Just FYI.  Yours looks about right but may want to measure it just to confirm.  I seem to recall that TAS AK is the same sling just doesn't have all the same adapters that come with the M4/M16 version.

Pic for pic thread: If the weather cooperates this weekend, this stick will be getting a Krylon bath.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20211003_155132_2_jpg-2317939.JPG
View Quote

Man that's a beautiful Mod 1 you have there! I wasn't sure guy's were still painting their rifles anymore. I know it was sacrilegious a couple of years ago not to paint them up. I was considering stripping my Mod 1 actually. Still debating it lol.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Man that's a beautiful Mod 1 you have there! I wasn't sure guy's were still painting their rifles anymore. I know it was sacrilegious a couple of years ago not to paint them up. I was considering stripping my Mod 1 actually. Still debating it lol.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20211003_155132_2_jpg-2317939.JPG

Thanks!  I've been slow to paint this one just cause I wanted to get good pics pre-paint.  Once I had gotten the pics I wanted, Texas decided to have a real winter and kinda ruined my plan, lol.  Supposed to be warm this weekend finally.  

I had painted my mod 0 previously but wound up stripping back down to black again. Citristrip really makes quick work of the paint.  Though I doubt I'll repaint my late mod 0.  But the mod 1 and H are def gonna get it

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#19]
Figured I would post this up. I'm hoping its the right sling. I took a chance and ordered a TAS sling from Army and Outdoors in New Zealand. It made it here no trouble in less than a week. It looked like it was too narrow at first, it's 1" webbing and It came in the factory packaging and is in fact a TAS-AK sling. It did not come with the buttstock adapter like I had hoped, but it didn't say it would. I was hoping I'd get lucky. I'm still not sure if this is the same as the TAS-1, It looks narrower compared to some of the pictures here.

So, this was $60 total, figured I'd give it a shot, now if anyone has an extra buttstock adapter they would part with lol!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90074/IMG_1539_jpg-2317873.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90074/IMG_1540_jpg-2317874.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90074/IMG_1602_JPG-2317875.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90074/IMG_1715_jpg-2317876.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90074/IMG_1717_jpg-2317877.JPG
View Quote

I bought and received the same one ~10 days ago. Definitely the AK variant with no M16 stock cup. The Uncle Mikes front clip I got from Dstepcs (? :) ) went right on no problem. If it’s a fake the injection molded plastic is legit spec.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Don't mind me. Just checking out the clones.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#21]
Good evening, Cloner Gods

Have a questions ref A1 repro lowers for my late Mod 0 build.

Is this BRN-16A1 about as close as you can get to the real deal? I seem to recall the NODAK A1 receivers being spoken of as the bees knees on this or another forum, but can't remember where exactly I read that and if it still holds true. Also wondering if the Brownells offering is the same or sorta kinda not really.

BRN-16A1

Worth swapping bits over from my PSA Stealth to one of these to get a few more things looking correct, or a waste of time since it isn't even close to the real A1 anyway?

Gracias
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Is this BRN-16A1 about as close as you can get to the real deal? I seem to recall the NODAK A1 receivers being spoken of as the bees knees on this or another forum, but can't remember where exactly I read that and if it still holds true. Also wondering if the Brownells offering is the same or sorta kinda not really.

BRN-16A1

Worth swapping bits over from my PSA Stealth to one of these to get a few more things looking correct, or a waste of time since it isn't even close to the real A1 anyway?

Gracias
View Quote

The grey would be the one to get, which are sold-out. Though, with NDS being bought by PSAs parent company and moving to SC to become H&R, I'd wager that things will dry up for a little bit on their end. Another alternative is Russian Paint, though they are sold out of everything. Outside of that, you could find someone that can reprofile an A2 lower to A1 spec, then get it grey anodized.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:54:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#23]
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

The grey would be the one to get, which are sold-out. Though, with NDS being bought by PSAs parent company and moving to SC to become H&R, I'd wager that things will dry up for a little bit on their end. Another alternative is Russian Paint, though they are sold out of everything. Outside of that, you could find someone that can reprofile an A2 lower to A1 spec, then get it grey anodized.
View All Quotes

BRN-16A1

Gracias

Anyone know if Braceman still does re-profiling?  His work is excellent with lots of examples all over Arfcom.

Also, weren't the Brownell's A1 lower blank forgings provided by Nodak?  

@towerofpower94 I would grab a black one as there likely won't be any grey ones anytime soon.  Brownells states they are no longer deliverable by the factory.  With Nodak being bought up it's plausible that even more black ones may not be around for a while.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

That would be why the Brownells ones are probably going to be their last for a while.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#25]
If you spray it (like any good cloner should), the grey won't matter.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:47:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#26]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View Quote

Kinda where my mind was going, actually, haha

I wasn't going to spray it while on a PSA lower, as I wouldn't want to strip and re-spray once an appropriate A1 lower was sourced, but if this lower looks the correct part I think I'll jump on it and learn the dark art of spray painting a rifle.

Why not have my first and only rattle canned rifle be a Mk 12 Mod 0, amirite

ETA: fuck it, I'm gonna get one
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Heyo, since it's such a small job you may be better off contacting US Anodizing.  They used to take on a lot of smaller jobs since they're a big anodizing house and don't have to do setup for such a small job.  Their website has prices for individual parts and of course you can request a quote for specific stuff not shown.

I talked to the normal local shop and he said his setup would cost more than it's worth for just a few rails.  If you had multiple sets it starts to make sense.  Def try US Anodizing though.  Very curious what they quote.
View All Quotes

ETA: got the swivel from Operations Parts and this place claims to have the stud in stock. So we'll see what arrives....

That place you linked for the stud is the manufacturer, if they have it on the site as in stock, it's likely in stock.

Yeah, hoping their stock tracking is sound. Seems like a number of places have given up on keeping their sites accurate regarding in-stock/OOS for the past few years with all the supply and personnel issues.

I purchased a handful off KAC studs off their site not too long ago and they shipped pretty quickly.  Was within a day or two.  They seem to be pretty accurate on their site.  Just a heads up for comfort : )

Gratzi. The sling swivel shipped from Operations Parts today and I got the sling adapter and proper UM swivel from DStepec last night.

Also got the ARMS 22M rings back from @HaveBlue83 yesterday after having the lever stops removed along with the rails from his brother. Absolutely gorgeous work and refinish on the rings, but what have folks used to refinish the welded and shaped PRI rails? Think I've seen Cerakote mentioned by other, but are there any at home solutions that would hold up? BBQ paint?

The ones I had done I got cerakoted to match the PRI FDE forearm as mine were for a Mod H.  If you're planning to rattle can the build, then that will take care of it .  If you're going for Black you could see if there's a local gunsmith around that does anodizing.   There's several in my AO that do quality finishing like that, but your locale could be different.  

Maybe some of the DIY folks on here can share their recommendations.  I've seen people doing anodizing on 80% lowers at home and there's some interesting vids on YT showing folks etching and then anodizing 80% A1 lowers for clone builds.  Personally I have never done it, so nothing I can provide to help on DIY solutions.  

Very interested to see how yours comes out though - looking forward to pics.

I think I'm going to leave the rifle black when it's all said and done, or maybe rattle can it if/when I get a more appropriate A1 lower receiver.

Might just rattle can them black for the interim and look into sending them off for anodizing. I'm not tracking anyone local who does it. Found a cerakoating place, but they're currently relocating with no ETA for when they'll be back open.

Care to share any names of local to you places who would do a small anodizing job like 4 pic rails? It's only $10 for a flat rate box...

Heyo, since it's such a small job you may be better off contacting US Anodizing.  They used to take on a lot of smaller jobs since they're a big anodizing house and don't have to do setup for such a small job.  Their website has prices for individual parts and of course you can request a quote for specific stuff not shown.

I talked to the normal local shop and he said his setup would cost more than it's worth for just a few rails.  If you had multiple sets it starts to make sense.  Def try US Anodizing though.  Very curious what they quote.

To close the loop on the US Anodizing thread, their site says they've got some contract work now and aren't taking on any work as of October 2021.

That might have changed since last year, but now that I'm planning to get the NDS A1 profile lower receiver I'll do a paint job and just hit the rail sections that are currently in the white.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#28]

That would be why the Brownells ones are probably going to be their last for a while.
View All Quotes

That makes sense.  Wasn't sure if the Nodak supplying Brownell's blanks was actually a thing, hence the question.

In that case, I'd def snag a black one @towerofpower94 .  While the A1's used were grey, some (Colt in particular) were very dark.  All kinds of shades of grey with blue/purple/black hues out there.  Obviously, if you plan on painting it becomes a non-issue, but even if not, there's pics of GM and Colt A1's used on MK12's that look black (even if they technically were not).  

At any rate, I think a black BRN A1 suits your build much better than any A2/M4 lower.  

Pic for reference borrowed from a Lancecriminal86 post...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:00:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#29]

To close the loop on the US Anodizing thread, their site says they've got some contract work now and aren't taking on any work as of October 2021.

That might have changed since last year, but now that I'm planning to get the NDS A1 profile lower receiver I'll do a paint job and just hit the rail sections that are currently in the white.
View All Quotes

ETA: got the swivel from Operations Parts and this place claims to have the stud in stock. So we'll see what arrives....

That place you linked for the stud is the manufacturer, if they have it on the site as in stock, it's likely in stock.

Yeah, hoping their stock tracking is sound. Seems like a number of places have given up on keeping their sites accurate regarding in-stock/OOS for the past few years with all the supply and personnel issues.

I purchased a handful off KAC studs off their site not too long ago and they shipped pretty quickly.  Was within a day or two.  They seem to be pretty accurate on their site.  Just a heads up for comfort : )

Gratzi. The sling swivel shipped from Operations Parts today and I got the sling adapter and proper UM swivel from DStepec last night.

Also got the ARMS 22M rings back from @HaveBlue83 yesterday after having the lever stops removed along with the rails from his brother. Absolutely gorgeous work and refinish on the rings, but what have folks used to refinish the welded and shaped PRI rails? Think I've seen Cerakote mentioned by other, but are there any at home solutions that would hold up? BBQ paint?

The ones I had done I got cerakoted to match the PRI FDE forearm as mine were for a Mod H.  If you're planning to rattle can the build, then that will take care of it .  If you're going for Black you could see if there's a local gunsmith around that does anodizing.   There's several in my AO that do quality finishing like that, but your locale could be different.  

Maybe some of the DIY folks on here can share their recommendations.  I've seen people doing anodizing on 80% lowers at home and there's some interesting vids on YT showing folks etching and then anodizing 80% A1 lowers for clone builds.  Personally I have never done it, so nothing I can provide to help on DIY solutions.  

Very interested to see how yours comes out though - looking forward to pics.

I think I'm going to leave the rifle black when it's all said and done, or maybe rattle can it if/when I get a more appropriate A1 lower receiver.

Might just rattle can them black for the interim and look into sending them off for anodizing. I'm not tracking anyone local who does it. Found a cerakoating place, but they're currently relocating with no ETA for when they'll be back open.

Care to share any names of local to you places who would do a small anodizing job like 4 pic rails? It's only $10 for a flat rate box...

Thanks for the follow-up.  Was interested to see what you found out on US Anodizing.  Much appreciated!

Edit: Saw you're grabbing a black A1.  Congrats!  Post some pics once you have it all together.  Love me some gen 3 action!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#30]

I wasn't going to spray it while on a PSA lower, as I wouldn't want to strip and re-spray once an appropriate A1 lower was sourced, but if this lower looks the correct part I think I'll jump on it and learn the dark art of spray painting a rifle.

View All Quotes

Painting it in one configuration, changing that config, then repainting adds Operator points.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Thanks for the follow-up.  Was interested to see what you found out on US Anodizing.  Much appreciated!

Edit: Saw you're grabbing a black A1.  Congrats!  Post some pics once you have it all together.  Love me some gen 3 action!
View Quote

Will do

Painting it in one configuration, changing that config, then repainting adds Operator points.
View Quote

Haha, well, my days of doing anything even close to operating are far behind me....so I'll let my OCD take the lead and try to do it once.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Finally getting around to swapping out the gas block on my mod 1 for the original surplus one I picked up. Changing out the short collar for the long collar as well. Glad no one kicked me out of the thread for having the wrong collar on there when I first posted...I'll have to post some updated pics when it's done.

Picked up a couple other cool pieces as well. Most excited about this one.

Also snagged an NOS 2006 dated Uncle Mike's KAC sling mount, among other things. Perfect for my late mod 1 build.

Getting close, just need to find one of those SR-15/16 Titusville 99167 rails with the smaller text...and maybe a first gen ergo grip, a first gen KMW pod-loc, and the correct charging handle...guess I still have a ways to go after all
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got the rings and rails back from the Haveblue family and got the scope mounted this afternoon. Getting the rails, to include the long jobber on the bottom, went far smoother than I was expecting, haha.

I’m a NTCH shooter so the PEQ-3 has to come off the top to allow the Mk 4 room to move forward.

Doesn’t Larue make a pic rail adapter for these?

Just need the A1 NDS lower, TRR, PEQ rail adapter, Eagle buttstock sling adapter, and OCM-5 at this point. Lower in en route to my FFL and the eForm4 has been cooking for a few weeks, so I really just need to source the stock cup for the sling, wait for the TRR to come back in stock, and buy the PEQ pic rail gizmo.

A question ref correct RDS, any pics in the wild rocking a Burris FF 1? I have a spare laying around on a pic rail mount and wasn’t sure if they were available and fielded by the time the late Mod 0 was a thing.

If not, what micro RDS am I looking for?

Also, what would correct scope covers be? Butler Creeks a thing back then?

Any help with the TRR, stock cup sling adapter, and info ref the PEQ pic mount and RDS would be welcome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:54:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#34]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/09B7C06D-61E3-4AD1-93A9-47EAD70549DF_jpe-2323554.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/D02CAB2C-5F11-4749-AD10-7108C0382A8F_jpe-2323555.JPG

Got the rings and rails back from the Haveblue family and got the scope mounted this afternoon. Getting the rails, to include the long jobber on the bottom, went far smoother than I was expecting, haha.

I’m a NTCH shooter so the PEQ-3 has to come off the top to allow the Mk 4 room to move forward.

Just need the A1 NDS lower, TRR, PEQ rail adapter, Eagle buttstock sling adapter, and OCM-5 at this point. Lower in en route to my FFL and the eForm4 has been cooking for a few weeks, so I really just need to source the stock cup for the sling, wait for the TRR to come back in stock, and buy the PEQ pic rail gizmo.

A question ref correct RDS, any pics in the wild rocking a Burris FF 1? I have a spare laying around on a pic rail mount and wasn’t sure if they were available and fielded by the time the late Mod 0 was a thing.

Any help with the TRR, stock cup sling adapter, and info ref the PEQ pic mount and RDS would be welcome.
View Quote

Looking magnificent.  

Docter and Insight MRDS is what you seek for maximum clone points.  Maybe JPoint as those were seen on NSW Recce rifles so possible they were picked up and used on a MK12 as well.  But no RDS was issued in the kit so was really whatever the operator snagged off something else or personal/unit purchase.  

Throw the Burris on there and enjoy and some day if you snag a Insight or Docter then swap it out and cash in those clone points
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Looking magnificent.  

Docter and Insight MRDS is what you seek for maximum clone points.  Maybe JPoint as those were seen on NSW Recce rifles so possible they were picked up and used on a MK12 as well.  But no RDS was issued in the kit so was really whatever the operator snagged off something else or personal/unit purchase.  

Throw the Burris on there and enjoy and some day if you snag a Insight or Docter then swap it out and cash in those clone points
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/09B7C06D-61E3-4AD1-93A9-47EAD70549DF_jpe-2323554.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/D02CAB2C-5F11-4749-AD10-7108C0382A8F_jpe-2323555.JPG

Looking magnificent.  

Thank you sir.

Is the LT-124 what I seek to mount the PEQ on the 3 o’clock rail? It has a QD lever now, but wasn’t sure if that was correct for the early-mid 2000s
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#36]

Thank you sir.

Is the LT-124 what I seek to mount the PEQ on the 3 o’clock rail? It has a QD lever now, but wasn’t sure if that was correct for the early-mid 2000s
View All Quotes

Looking magnificent.  

Thank you sir.

I'm not an expert on the PEQ 2-3, so maybe @Hunterex can provide info or confirmation.

However, I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express tonight, so my guess is that the LT-124 would be the correct QD mount as Navy EOD was using them in the mid-2000's.  But prob better to hear it from someone like Hunterex for MK12 specifics on that one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 3:55:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#37]

I'm not an expert on the PEQ 2-3, so maybe @Hunterex can provide info or confirmation.

However, I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express tonight, so my guess is that the LT-124 would be the correct QD mount as Navy EOD was using them in the mid-2000's.  But prob better to hear it from someone like Hunterex for MK12 specifics on that one.
View Quote

Thanks. I’ll standby for some feedback from others before buying.

Here’s the part to which I’m referring, BTW LT-124

ETA: and what about lens covers? Butler Creeks GTG? Thinking that’ll be the easiest way to go the painted route and I like lens caps/covers for keeping dust and shit out during storage or when not actively using a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#38]

ETA: and what about lens covers? Butler Creeks GTG? Thinking that’ll be the easiest way to go the painted route and I like lens caps/covers for keeping dust and shit out during storage or when not actively using a rifle.
View All Quotes

Butler creeks are gtg.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm gonna give y'all the opportunity to laugh at me, beware it's very not clone correct so roast me as I may deserve.

My dilemma, in as short terms as I can describe

I ordered this upper:
Upper

With these two for a scope mount:
Mount
rings

And this optic because I really wanted a nightforce and this one had the magnification and features I wanted:
optic

Problem is this, the diameter of the scope at the end is too big I'm relatively certain and wont mount with the mount I picked without the scope hitting the flat top rail on the upper.
With that scope mount and the height of the PRI flat top rail the centerline scope height should be pretty solid, just with a scope that doesn't have quite the girth lol

I hate my life
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Markius-Fox] [#40]
Originally Posted By Bosif347:
I'm gonna give y'all the opportunity to laugh at me, beware it's very not clone correct so roast me as I may deserve.

My dilemma, in as short terms as I can describe

I ordered this upper:
Upper

With these two for a scope mount:
Mount
rings

And this optic because I really wanted a nightforce and this one had the magnification and features I wanted:
optic

Problem is this, the diameter of the scope at the end is too big I'm relatively certain and wont mount with the mount I picked without the scope hitting the flat top rail on the upper.
With that scope mount and the height of the PRI flat top rail the centerline scope height should be pretty solid, just with a scope that doesn't have quite the girth lol

I hate my life
View Quote

DISREGARD That scope will have about 0.09" (2.48mm) of clearance from the rail with that mount and ring combination. DISREGARD
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#41]

That scope will have about 0.09" (2.48mm) of clearance from the rail with that mount and ring combination.
View Quote

How did you come to that conclusion? The diameter of the exit housing on that scope is 2.5" and according to my math I'll be short about 1.27mm
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bosif347:

How did you come to that conclusion? The diameter of the exit housing on that scope is 2.5" and according to my math I'll be short about 1.27mm
View Quote

I did my math wrong. Doing the numbers again and it shows the scope will be too large by 2.032mm.

Height from base to center of scope rings: 1.2" (30.48mm)
Scope bell radius: 1.28" (32.512mm)

Subtracting the ring height from the bell radius leaves 0.08" (2.032mm) of scope still in the way. Ergo, the scope is too large, like you said.

My prior comment is edited accordingly to be disregarded.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#43]

I did my math wrong. Doing the numbers again and it shows the scope will be too large by 2.032mm.

Height from base to center of scope rings: 1.2" (30.48mm)
Scope bell radius: 1.28" (32.512mm)

Subtracting the ring height from the bell radius leaves 0.08" (2.032mm) of scope still in the way. Ergo, the scope is too large, like you said.

My prior comment is edited accordingly to be disregarded.
View Quote

No worries, I appreciate the response forsure. I ended up emailing eurooptic and they refunded for the scope, I'm still thinking nightforce but the 3-10x42 is missing the parallax adjustment so maybe I'll shop around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#44]
Anyone buy one of ringers foams that’s interested in a new old stock 2004 dated pelican 1700? Has all of those 2004 features (obviously) if you want to replace a newer production (gross) one. Also in its original 2004 pelican white box with labels etc. Email/IM me, I’ll setup an EE ad. Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTM20] [#45]

Just picked up a set for a Mod 1 clone. Anyone know where i can get the lever stops milled off?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JTM20:
https://i.imgur.com/sbqrooz.jpeg

Just picked up a set for a Mod 1 clone. Anyone know where i can get the lever stops milled off?
View Quote

HaveBlue83
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

HaveBlue83
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Originally Posted By JTM20:
https://i.imgur.com/sbqrooz.jpeg

HaveBlue83

I’ll second this. Got mine back from him a couple weeks back and they look great.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Those of you running NF 3-15 on your mod 1's, what's your thoughts on it?  Notice much change in weight, maneuverability, etc?  Thinking of picking one up.  I have a NF 2.5-10x24 on my mod 1 currently and am considering giving the 3-15 a try for the extra magnification.

If you've got any pics you can post for inspiration that'd be greatly appreciated as well.

TIA!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#49]
It was noticeably heavier but I still liked it a lot.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:36:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gremyashchy1911] [#50]

It’s got some gravity to it no doubt. My only optic for the Mk12 so nothing to compare, I had mounted it on other guns and it adds a lot. Only gripe I have is my choice in reticle the H58 main stadia lines are kinda fat at 15 power. May want to keep in mind the length of you plan on running clip on or other rain mounted accessories.
3.5-15 is great, low enough to get up close if needed and plenty to really get a clean picture at range. Speaking of clean picture the glass is crystal clear on mine.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top