Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stickman:

Not in the clone wars!  No matter what someone builds, there are always a group of people who are disgusted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
I just located a  ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 still in the wrapper...   I'm not sure I want to make a text book correct mod O, but the lure to make a one with a PRI rail and ARMS #38 SPR is strong.  

I have to admit, a 16" variant has great appeal to me.

Whatever you decide to do, it will make everyone jealous in here.

Not in the clone wars!  No matter what someone builds, there are always a group of people who are disgusted.

That Vince Jiga built early MOD 0 that was in the EE last month was as nice as I've ever seen. I wished I was the one who bought it. Maybe one day. It had a real gen 1 tube, genuine SPR-MOD sleeve, wheel fsgb etc etc...
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

That Vince Jiga built early MOD 0 that was in the EE last month was as nice as I've ever seen. I wished I was the one who bought it. Maybe one day. It had a real gen 1 tube, genuine SPR-MOD sleeve, wheel fsgb etc etc...
View All Quotes

I just located a  ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 still in the wrapper...   I'm not sure I want to make a text book correct mod O, but the lure to make a one with a PRI rail and ARMS #38 SPR is strong.  

That had a genII PRI.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a good price on these guys so decided to pick them up.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

You have a habit of silencing half of those grumblers with your photography though Stick. It's a gift!

Also, you can just club them with that GL/SSC...
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I misspoke I guess. I thought I saved that listing to drool over but I can't find it. I thought it was a gen 1 tube but I'm sure you know better than I would. It was really cool regardless. ....to someone who doesn't get to see that type of stuff everyday at least.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]

I misspoke I guess. I thought I saved that listing to drool over but I can't find it. I thought it was a gen 1 tube but I'm sure you know better than I would. It was really cool regardless. ....to someone who doesn't get to see that type of stuff everyday at least.
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1557658_.html

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Clubbing people and the GL/SSC.....  

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1b/1be09dfd7ccf84f154548b0096f72bae4bd6505831090b82da6af47c44dbf91d.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1b/1be09dfd7ccf84f154548b0096f72bae4bd6505831090b82da6af47c44dbf91d.jpg

We hate you
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Speaking of which, did you ever assemble it into the "correct" config, 12.5" cut down M4 barrel, 208, M4A1 lower, and I guess a Surefire SOCOM RC?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
There is an upper with an MRE on it in the "want to trade-firearms" section if anyone might be interested. Not mine and not mk12 I know but I've seen some here looking.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]

There is an upper with an MRE on it in the "want to trade-firearms" section if anyone might be interested. Not mine and not mk12 I know but I've seen some here looking.
View Quote
After looking at that ad.... I'm still looking.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

View All Quotes

Saw that ad, is that rail really worth at least half what is being asked?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Houlds:

View All Quotes

When there are none being made anymore, for real, and they are desirable, the asked amounts will continue to go up. Think PRI Wheel FSB, Gen I Handguard, etc...
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

No.

Clean ones were still going for $400ish. That one ain't clean.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
No.

View All Quotes

No.

Yea I just really had been following what happened to it. I've stripped paint off a few parts lately and I don't think I've ever hurt the original finish. It seems it's going to be an expensive lesson learned. God knows I've had mine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#17]

GPK on duty.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#18]
No.

View All Quotes

No.

Dang that guy got smoked on that upper then.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:13:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Ace + 16" guns = good times. These have quickly grown into my 2 favorite.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Looking for the more correct trigger.  Geissele SSA or the SSA-E?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 175BFD:
View Quote

SSA technically for a later gun, Knight's 2-Stage if you're going early SPR program gun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#22]

SSA technically for a later gun, Knight's 2-Stage if you're going early SPR program gun.
View All Quotes

MOD 1 build?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Threw up my 2.5-8x MR/T in the EE.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
View Quote

Just saw that.  Looks nice..  Whats the difference between that one and the 112633 model
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#26]

Just saw that.  Looks nice..  Whats the difference between that one and the 112633 model
View All Quotes

Functionally the same, turrent and markings, basically.  Here is what Leupold says...  Also the 112633 has a tether on the battery cap, but mine broke almost right away, so wouldn't let that be a deciding factor...

Leupold Technical Service

· 4 months ago  

Part number 67925 (Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm Matte Illum. TMR) is the civilian and non-ITAR version of part number 112633 (Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm M2 - TS-30 A2 Matte Illum. TMR). Both scopes have the same illuminated TMR reticle. Part number 67925 comes with a calibrated bullet drop compensation dial for 168 gr. .308 Win factory ammunition. Part number 112633 was designed for the Marine Corps and it comes with a calibrated bullet drop compensation dial for 77 gr. 5.56 factory ammunition. The final difference between these two scopes is the top of the maintube on part number 112633 is engraved with ring spacing lines.

Also, Just listed LMT Fixed rear (MK18) and KAC Taupe 99051 in the EE myself, for anyone interested.  :).

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilkyJohnson] [#27]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Functionally the same, turrent and markings, basically.  Here is what Leupold says...  Also the 112633 has a tether on the battery cap, but mine broke almost right away, so wouldn't let that be a deciding factor...

· 4 months ago  
Part number 67925 (Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm Matte Illum. TMR) is the civilian and non-ITAR version of part number 112633 (Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm M2 - TS-30 A2 Matte Illum. TMR). Both scopes have the same illuminated TMR reticle. Part number 67925 comes with a calibrated bullet drop compensation dial for 168 gr. .308 Win factory ammunition. Part number 112633 was designed for the Marine Corps and it comes with a calibrated bullet drop compensation dial for 77 gr. 5.56 factory ammunition. The final difference between these two scopes is the top of the maintube on part number 112633 is engraved with ring spacing lines.
http://i.imgur.com/FTcEIukl.jpg
Also, Just listed LMT Fixed rear (MK18) and KAC Taupe 99051 in the EE myself, for anyone interested.  :).
View All Quotes

· 4 months ago  

Thanks for the clarification; that answer is way more detailed than the "i have no idea" I was going to give him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#28]

· 4 months ago  

View All Quotes

· 4 months ago  

That's very helpful to me. Ty.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#29]

MOD 1 build?
View All Quotes

MOD 1 build?

SSA. I have an -E, but it's just a bit lighter. The SSA can do double duty a bit better methinks, especially if you were looking at doing CQBR things too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Range day

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Got to shoot the MK12 again.

Been on a carbine binge. It was like 110-115 in the field.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8433/27911745823_3b09d23b82_b.jpg

View Quote
Why do you and Hunterex post mk12 pics with HK's layin' around to piss me off.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
i know where that is

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By BSOG1:

i know where that is
View All Quotes

i know where that is

Whereabouts in PA is that range?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View All Quotes
i know where that is

There's quite a waiting list currently for memberships. I'd be happy to take anyone as a guest though.

http://www.nhrpc.org/
589 Meetinghouse Rd.
Gap, PA 17527
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8433/27911745823_3b09d23b82_b.jpg

I wonder if he was trying to lob 9mm in at 600 yards.  LOL.  That would be fun to see.   Especially in FA.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish the MP5 was FA.

I did take two shots at steel at like 400 yards. Misses on both.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Shrinkage is a bitch...

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Welcome to the club
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Shrinkage is a bitch...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxh4earwu.jpeg  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

Welcome to the club

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

Welcome to the club

Not mine yet... Just a trial.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
They make pills for that.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
i really liked this optic. never will afford one, but it is what i would run if i had funds like that.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

i really liked this optic. never will afford one, but it is what i would run if i had funds like that.  
View All Quotes

I one had that mindset.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

If you lived closer, I'd let you demo it while it was already out.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I one had that mindset.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/FullSizeRender%202_zpsmrfzmzqd.jpg

I love the way that NF looks on top of a Mod 1 - fits really well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

I one had that mindset.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/ARs/FullSizeRender%202_zpsmrfzmzqd.jpg

It's a lot bigger in person.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Fills out nicely!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#48]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JyA8sx" target="_blank">https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8112/27935771023_32573359a3_o.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Ks7qcm" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8633/28518821986_c23edf9c1d_o.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Shrinkage is a bitch...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxh4earwu.jpeg  

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/JyA8sx" target="_blank">https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8112/27935771023_32573359a3_o.jpg</a>

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/Ks7qcm" target="_blank">https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8633/28518821986_c23edf9c1d_o.jpg</a>

How is the eye relief with the A1 stock?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By UsubM:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UsubM:

Not much different than my x24. It's easier to get behind, and the eyebox is certainly more forgiving. FOV is fucking incredible after using the x24 though.

My mount is a hair lower than would be ideal, but it's no problem.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Since I had this pic out for another thread:

Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top