High End Armament in Tulsa
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Who's HEAT?

High End Armament website indicates out of stock.

https://highendarms.com/nightforce-nxs-2-5-10-recon-army-spec-scope/
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#4]
Originally Posted By TW56:

View All Quotes

Who's HEAT?

In TC's defense, he did say had.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Who's HEAT?

Might as well have robbed the store at that price lol
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

Who's HEAT?

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't really have a need for one, but I'm sure my card would've been on fire coming out of my pocket so fast.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
So what do those normally go for?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know but I know it's well north of that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Question on clone lower. Better to have a modern "Colt Carbine" A2 style or an "H&R M16A1" A1 style?

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Question on clone lower. Better to have a modern "Colt Carbine" A2 style or an "H&R M16A1" A1 style?

View Quote

A1 for all variants, Colt, GM Hydromatic or H&R
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#11]
What's the current go to for an Ambi safety? Luth-AR or Shmid still good?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
View Quote

I picked up a KAC, been a few available recently.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone happen to speak with Dennis Todd recently to see where the KAC Rifle Rails stand?  Feel like a dick calling him to see where I'm at in line.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
View Quote

LuthAR are my go-to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Been a long time since I posted in this thread, I am thinking about finally pulling the trigger on a can for my Mod 1

Will the AEM5 fit on Ops Inc brake/collar correct? (I don't care if it's not a Ops Inc can)
View Quote

I have an AEM5 on OPS-Inc mount/coller on the Mod1. Fits fine. I get 3 rotations, so you may need to call Ron, but shoots fine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BravoSierra:

I have an AEM5 on OPS-Inc mount/coller on the Mod1. Fits fine. I get 3 rotations, so you may need to call Ron, but shoots fine.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply!

Why would I need to call Ron?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Thanks for the reply!

Why would I need to call Ron?
View Quote

I'm not sure why he said that. I had an Ops brake on a previous rifle, and I got 10 turns out of it on an AEM5. I had emailed Ron at the time, and he said that's fine but probably at the upper limit.

My WOA barreled Mk 12 got 4 turns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got a Douglas on my Mod0 and an OG return barrel on my Mod1.  3.5 turns on both.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Anyone happen to speak with Dennis Todd recently to see where the KAC Rifle Rails stand?  Feel like a dick calling him to see where I'm at in line.  
View Quote

He's off the rez man I've written it off...............................He's always on the road to go meet with Mr Knight is the response he gives when he answers the phone and never has gotten back to me on any other stuff he says he has in stock I've wanted to purchase.  I only called twice and PM'd 3 times over 3 month period and each time except the first was to try and buy shit posted in EE in stock.  Nothing??  I'm sure he's phone fucked with everybody wanting in but damn.............
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

He's off the rez man I've written it off...............................He's always on the road to go meet with Mr Knight is the response he gives when he answers the phone and never has gotten back to me on any other stuff he says he has in stock I've wanted to purchase.  I only called twice and PM'd 3 times over 3 month period and each time except the first was to try and buy shit posted in EE in stock.  Nothing??  I'm sure he's phone fucked with everybody wanting in but damn.............
View Quote

Huh, I've had no issues getting through or ordering from him in the past several months.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pinball-1:

Huh, I've had no issues getting through or ordering from him in the past several months.
View All Quotes

He seemed totally sane, if a little disorganized, every time I spoke with him. Seemed like he knows he’s dealing with way more buyers than product, and he can’t control the latter.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Huh Hell!!  I spend a lot of fucking money on this kinda shit and even though he's a cool kat he's getting old and having a hard time keeping up!!  I'll let you have at it with him I have other sources and have got all of what I needed that he could've made that money on....................Like DT my time is fucking money and if I ask you if it's in stock you say yes call me and I do then you act like you don't know WTF is going on well then I'm on to the next....................
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Thoughts on this as my first Mod1? I’m not trying for a 100% perfect clone but something reputable.

https://centurionarms.com/firearms/centurion-arms-mk12-mod-1-complete-rifle-with-kac-long-ff-ras/
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:18:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#24]
Originally Posted By kaelub79:
Thoughts on this as my first Mod1? I’m not trying for a 100% perfect clone but something reputable.

https://centurionarms.com/firearms/centurion-arms-mk12-mod-1-complete-rifle-with-kac-long-ff-ras/
View Quote

Centurion barrels are second to none but have you emailed or called to verify they actually have the RAS?  Be a damn fine starter Mod 1 build

ETA:  shit after actually clicking the link I know where the last batch of rails went lol!  Corrie is the best  I’m anxiously awaiting my 14.5” Dimpled RECCE barrel now and she said they are doing a run or more of 16’s this summer so I’ll buy one of those too
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Centurion barrels are second to none but have you emailed or called to verify they actually have the RAS?  Be a damn fine starter Mod 1 build

ETA:  shit after actually clicking the link I know where the last batch of rails went lol!  Corrie is the best  I’m anxiously awaiting my 14.5” Dimpled RECCE barrel now and she said they are doing a run or more of 16’s this summer so I’ll buy one of those too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kaelub79:

I took a chance and purchased it. Shows in stock so hopefully the website is correct
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW56] [#26]
With the recent Precision Reflex production of their M84 Gas Buster Charging Handle - Welded Military Big Latch. What do the original PRI M84's Welded Latch M84's sell for on the secondary clone parts market? I do not recall seeing any listed for sale recently and I asked a reputable clone parts seller if he had any original welded latch charging handles available and was told he did not. Are the original welded latch charging handles with the cut outs more common than the initial solid welded latch?

There was a nice compilation of photos of the different original production welded latch variations in this thread but I have been unable to find the page.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toothpicksandkatchup] [#27]
With the recent Precision Reflex production of their M84 Gas Buster Charging Handle - Welded Military Big Latch. What do the original PRI M84's Welded Latch M84's sell for on the secondary clone parts market? I do not recall seeing any listed for sale recently and I asked a reputable clone parts seller if he had any original welded latch charging handles available and was told he did not. Are the original welded latch charging handles with the cut outs more common than the initial solid welded latch?

There was a nice compilation of photos of the different original production welded latch variations in this thread but I have been unable to find the page.

View Quote

I know when I sold one of mine I sold it for I think $165-$180 a couple years ago, not sure what fair value is for one given they rarely pop up.

Though I will mention I would like to pick up another at some point if anyone is looking to move one.

edit: This was for a non solid. I didn't even know those existed until last week.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Ran the Mod H on the clock for the first time in the day at a 2 gun match yesterday. You can see where 1-X LPVOs and/or MPVOs with a 45deg RDS are superior in the 3-300m fight as the RDS on top of the optic gives an atrocious height over bore. That cost me a couple no shoot penalties as we had a few target arrays with a no-shoot stapled to a shoot target with only ~3” of target showing at various ranges, as seen in the last photo. I used the scope at 2.5x for those, but some that were 3-25yds away were in RDS territory and knowing exactly where to hold the dot to not hit low, but not send the rounds over the target, is something I’ll need to work on if I’m going to use this in a match again.

Ended up 13th out of 51 shooters, with a 6th and 9th place finish on a couple stages.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:36:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW56] [#29]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

I know when I sold one of mine I sold it for I think $165-$180 a couple years ago, not sure what fair value is for one given they rarely pop up.

Though I will mention I would like to pick up another at some point if anyone is looking to move one.

edit: This was for a non solid. I didn't even know those existed until last week.
View Quote

Thanks for reply and the single data point on a non solid original welded latch.

I am looking to buy an original solid welded latch PRI Gas Buster. Anybody have an extra?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#30]
TAS-1 Sling Kits:   Countrybrook has finally got the 1" heavy duty Coyote Tan nylon webbing in, I'll have the Slings themselves done by next weekend.    The 1/2" wide nylon webbing on the Rifle Stock and Front Handguard Adapters is still to be figured out, nobody makes the 1/2" tubular webbing in Coyote Tan, and I can't afford to order 10,000ft of it for them to do a custom run.

I still have some black components and OD sling kits.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:32:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW56] [#31]
Does Larry Potterfield know something regarding KAC FF Rifle RAS status?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022859175?pid=302312

Knight’s Armament Company website still lists the Free Float Rifle RAS PN: 21318 as out of stock.

https://www.knightarmco.com/16428/shop/hand-guards/rasris/free-float-rifle-ras

Looking for: Original solid welded latch PRI charging handle
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#32]
For scope caps, what are y’all running on the Mk4 3.5-10x40?

Edit: Scope rings came in while I was at work but I didn’t wanna make another post.

Turret’s are wrong and receivers are wrong, but I’m calling it complete for now. Might replace the receivers eventually and maybe the scope if I find one for a good deal. Also gonna grab a BT10 at some point and spray it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Does Larry Potterfield know something regarding KAC FF Rifle RAS status?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022859175?pid=302312

Knight's Armament Company website still lists the Free Float Rifle RAS PN: 21318 as out of stock.

https://www.knightarmco.com/16428/shop/hand-guards/rasris/free-float-rifle-ras

View Quote
Could be they haven't gotten a resupply in a long time and no timeline on resupply and are just marking them as discontinued as some standard process.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Trey Knight visits the Stoner 63 group on FascistBook from time to time, he digs the old, retro stuff.

I wonder what it would take (quantity and schmoozing wise) to have KAC do a run of the M4 SNIPER marked rails with the old address on them?

Mill the same part, anodize, then just make minor change to the laser engraving text.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
For scope caps, what are y’all running on the Mk4 3.5-10x40?
View Quote

The ones that it came with. I haven't messed with mine in a hot minute, but I'm pretty sure they were Butler Creek.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
Trey Knight visits the Stoner 63 group on FascistBook from time to time, he digs the old, retro stuff.

I wonder what it would take (quantity and schmoozing wise) to have KAC do a run of the M4 SNIPER marked rails with the old address on them?

Mill the same part, anodize, then just make minor change to the laser engraving text.
View Quote
Unfortunately the collectors' wallets come before cloners
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#37]
its time for ground hog season here in ohio and im ready to reassemble 3 mk12 builds ive had sitting in boxes since last we talked months ago. i finally picked up some 77gr ammo in bulk this week from psa and got the blue loctite for barrel journals that pri uses on their uppers. i pulled all mine apart to replace uppers with c-af colt marked and get tighter fitted lowers with zero gaps and wobble. now ready just need glass.

can you guys help me pick out scopes? i need a scope for 2 mk12 mod h and one for a mk12 mod o. i prefer to have correct bdc turrets for 77gr otm ammo its really got me thinking. right now im unsure which turrets and scope combos exist for the 2 barrel lengths. i only have so far an ior valdada 4-14x50 scope with arms number 22 rings which i hand lapped due to poor factory fitment. i might actually use that scope unless i see a better option i can always switch that scope to an ar10 or something.

i also have 2 elcan spectre ir thermal scopes model sp50b. might switch one of those to one and shop for a tripod not sure. they are older models i used on ak74m alot ages ago and they are built like a tank just not super digital clear like recent thermals.

ill likely need to update to a more modern digital thermal optic to be on par preferably a clip on. my thermal option is badly needed for hog hunts at the local river bottoms next door.  whats my best option for thermal clip on with mk12 i should look for?

aside from that ive just got the chinese glass not japanese glass version of the arken optics sh-4 cheapo big scopes and they dont do the mk12 justice at all the more i look at them. i need to pick up at least one or 2 proper scopes and prefer to end up with one of each variation thats correct to have some collecting variety if i come across them.

i guess i could have just said i need to know all the current correct offerings and what you guys would buy thats available, preferably clone correct or at least 77gr otm bdc cammed.

i need to know if mod o and mod h barrel length variations had different scopes typically and where to buy currently.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#38]
is there any chance one of you wonderful mk12 owners with an 18in barrel using a short collar can measure the distance between the back of the collar and the gas block shoulder on the barrel? i have searched everywhere and cannot find this length. centurion arms got back to me but they only use long collars.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By toasti5:
is there any chance one of you wonderful mk12 owners with an 18in barrel using a short collar can measure the distance between the back of the collar and the gas block shoulder on the barrel? i have searched everywhere and cannot find this length. centurion arms got back to me but they only use long collars.
View Quote

Something you have to watch out for is that the shoulder for the collar can be any different locations among manufacturers of SPR barrels, influencing the measurement you're wanting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By KGLaw:

Something you have to watch out for is that the shoulder for the collar can be any different locations among manufacturers of SPR barrels, influencing the measurement you're wanting.
View Quote

that would really come down to the 18.0 vs 18.1 difference on where the collar shoulder would be. because the gas block is at a fixed length and the collar is at a fixed length (relatively fixed) from the muzzle. thank you for the feedback though. I am really just building an extra non mk12 spr and already have an extra short collar and a riflespeed gasblock to use up, you know the old found a roll pin in the parts bin time to build a whole new gun with it! the gap between the gasblock shoulder and the long collar is 1.75 on a centurion barrel and I need 1.90 for the riflespeed gasblock. let me know if anyone else an 18in with short collar setup they could measure and if you happen to know if yours is an 18.0 or different length barrel thanks!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By toasti5:

that would really come down to the 18.0 vs 18.1 difference on where the collar shoulder would be. because the gas block is at a fixed length and the collar is at a fixed length (relatively fixed) from the muzzle.
View Quote

I’ve got a short collar and I think three loose barrels of a few makes. I get home tomorrow so I’ll see about getting you the measurement you want across the spread.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KGLaw:

I’ve got a short collar and I think three loose barrels of a few makes. I get home tomorrow so I’ll see about getting you the measurement you want across the spread.
View Quote

Awesome! thank you!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Not sure if anyone is looking, but someone posted a 36 S-Ex for sale on Reddit r/GunAccessoriesForSale for $550.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunAccessoriesForSale/s/IUJoUX473i
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File
Coyote TAS-1 Sling First Prototype, in center compared with the Tan and Khaki 1" HD nylon webbing from my first supplier.  Against 1000d USMC Coyote Tan498 Cordura Nylon same fabric the FILBE is made from.
Attachment Attached File

2" elastic on left is Coyote; Khaki Criminal on the right.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't really have a need for one, but I'm sure my card would've been on fire coming out of my pocket so fast.
View Quote
Yeah, it's a good thing I didn't see those available.
Link Posted: Today 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Today 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Bought one of pri's welded latch ones, not much better than ergos retro handgrip,
Link Posted: Today 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
Bought one of pri's welded latch ones, not much better than ergos retro handgrip,
View Quote

Yeah it would have been nice if the engraving they chose actually matched the latch they used.
Page / 1177
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top