User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:14:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RichieRich3902:
What is spec for a sling attachment for a mod 1?  I looked through the first post and many pages, but I'm coming up short. Also, what are you guys using for a sling the TAS or something else?
View Quote
The front is the KAC rail mounted swivel stud. kac 98721. It is part of the TAS-1 UMSS. Everyone actually uses what they want though. That sling sucks. I use the tactical intervention slip cuff. With UM swivels. Secretwheelman uses the VTAC MK2. Which I liked that set up too. The TAS-1 UMSS is correct though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't stay away any longer.  It's time for another Mk12 in the safe.

I've had a type D Colt A1 stock sitting in the parts bin since it got booted off this rifle in favor of the CAR stock and knew it would one day grow into a Mk12 of some flavor.  

With the unavailability of original Mod 0/SPR parts I had shelved the idea but I told myself if I could find a Swan sleeve of any kind I'd build one.  I found one for the Gen III tube so I'm going with a late Mod 0 clone in 6.5 Grendel to go with the Mod H 6.5 I have now, plus Engineer5 gave me a heads up that BA is making Grendel barrels in the correct profile.  

Lancecriminal86 posted a good collection of pics on pg.422 of Mod 0s with Gen III PRI handguards and Type D stocks.  Does anyone know if there have been additional pictures posted since then?  I wanted to rob the 3.5-10x LR/T off the Mod H but it looks like all the pics have the 2.5-8x/3-9x MR/T, I think the late Mod 0s came out at the same time as the Mod 1 and I don't those ended up with any 3.5-10x scopes either.

Is braceman still doing lower engraving and reprofiling?  I'd like this to look the part as much as possible without going overboard and would like to get another lower done at the same time for the Mod H.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:20:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#3]
Originally Posted By Will816:
You guys know what's wrong with the EE? Everybody knows what their stuff is worth. But at my local pawn shop, I just picked all this up for $70

I guess I'm gonna be starting on a Mod 1. Maybe 2 of them.
View Quote
[inappropriate gif removed]

That is all.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
I can't stay away any longer.  It's time for another Mk12 in the safe.

I've had a type D Colt A1 stock sitting in the parts bin since it got booted off this rifle in favor of the CAR stock and knew it would one day grow into a Mk12 of some flavor.  

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/55f1d6fa.jpg

With the unavailability of original Mod 0/SPR parts I had shelved the idea but I told myself if I could find a Swan sleeve of any kind I'd build one.  I found one for the Gen III tube so I'm going with a late Mod 0 clone in 6.5 Grendel to go with the Mod H 6.5 I have now, plus Engineer5 gave me a heads up that BA is making Grendel barrels in the correct profile.  

Lancecriminal86 posted a good collection of pics on pg.422 of Mod 0s with Gen III PRI handguards and Type D stocks.  Does anyone know if there have been additional pictures posted since then?  I wanted to rob the 3.5-10x LR/T off the Mod H but it looks like all the pics have the 2.5-8x/3-9x MR/T, I think the late Mod 0s came out at the same time as the Mod 1 and I don't those ended up with any 3.5-10x scopes either.

Is braceman still doing lower engraving and reprofiling?  I'd like this to look the part as much as possible without going overboard and would like to get another lower done at the same time for the Mod H.
View Quote
That's kinda what happens isn't it. I have 6 mk12's now and starting another H while still searching for a swan sleeve for gen 1-2 tubes. So that could mean another. I seriously have to stop though. I need an MK11. Been doing my research. Mk11 suppressor is bought and going through the process. I have 11 months to make it happen.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
The front is the KAC rail mounted swivel stud. kac 98721. It is part of the TAS-1 UMSS. Everyone actually uses what they want though. That sling sucks. I use the tactical intervention slip cuff. With UM swivels. Secretwheelman uses the VTAC MK2. Which I liked that set up too. The TAS-1 UMSS is correct though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What is spec for a sling attachment for a mod 1?  I looked through the first post and many pages, but I'm coming up short. Also, what are you guys using for a sling the TAS or something else?
Thank you mucho friend.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]

That's kinda what happens isn't it. I have 6 mk12's now and starting another H while still searching for a swan sleeve for gen 1-2 tubes. So that could mean another. I seriously have to stop though. I need an MK11. Been doing my research. Mk11 suppressor is bought and going through the process. I have 11 months to make it happen.
View Quote
Why 11 months--wait, you didn't propose to your girlfriend did you?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By chenault:
View All Quotes

Haha. Freak no. Form 4's are over 320 days now. My m110 can was mailed June 23,pending July 12, approved may 4 and now 22 days just waiting on an email from capital armory to come pick it up. I know they save them up to do all on a Saturday but DAM!! Come on!! So since I just bought the mk11 can I have 11 months to have an MK11 for it to come home to. I've got all the mk13 mod 5 parts but Allen said wait for the can to send everything. The mk13 was really the reason for the mk11 can but of course I'm in love with the mk11 mod 0. It's just a bigger mk 12.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#8]
Got an Atlas for the mod H today. Sorry no fancy photos here
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck'n proper. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#10]
So the quest for the perfect clone is never ending. I had two early #40's with wingless logos a while ago, one with the a2 aperture and one with the horizon line aperture. I sold off the horizon line aperture bc I thought the a2 was the correct one. When I got my operator manual from Samson, I began reading and I came across the parts list and it listed the horizon line as the issued sight.....so that had to be rectified....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Will816:
You guys know what's wrong with the EE? Everybody knows what their stuff is worth. But at my local pawn shop, I just picked all this up for $70

I guess I'm gonna be starting on a Mod 1. Maybe 2 of them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213943/IMG-1842-217087.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Mk 11 would be pure sex and you have one of the hard parts in the works. I basically gave up on the can for my EMC. Now I wish I'd gone ECR and did a M110 clone since you can actually get that suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
So the quest for the perfect clone is never ending. I had two early #40's with wingless logos a while ago, one with the a2 aperture and one with the horizon line aperture. I sold off the horizon line aperture bc I thought the a2 was the correct one. When I got my operator manual from Samson, I began reading and I came across the parts list and it listed the horizon line as the issued sight.....so that had to be rectified....
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/890AE7A9-2BBF-4674-93E5-FC6D8803F2A3.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/890AE7A9-2BBF-4674-93E5-FC6D8803F2A3.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/DSC00288-zpsbd3347dd-217329.JPG
I literally found those pics that augee posted the day after I sold the horizon line I use to have and I've been trying to track down another ever since. It wasn't a very intensive search but I found one earlier this week on the ee that was mint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#15]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3892-217213.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3891-217212.JPG
View Quote
Nice bro! Though the flip up sights and no long bottom rail burn the eyes.  What glass you going with?  I know you have a few to choose from.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Gents, where are y'all sourcing your A1
Stocks from? I don't want one that's beat up. I see cav arms offers on. All input would be appreciates, thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:56:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RichieRich3902] [#17]
I managed to complete the bulk of my mod 1 build tonight. Front sight and sling mount should be here next week along with my A1 stock set. Now all I need is an A1 lower and a can of krylon.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice piece
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice bro! Though the flip up sights and no long bottom rail burn the eyes.  What glass you going with?  I know you have a few to choose from.
View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3892-217213.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-3891-217212.JPG
I want to go with a NF 2.5-10x32 I have in a larue mount but I like the look of the PRI rail. I'm also watching that  spec x24 in the EE although that's unlikely. Trying to save for the mk11. Bottom rail is in the safe. The sights I bought long before mk12 builds so they were thrown on just to see how they look. I'm suprised sometimes how parts were designed to go on one particular platform. I'm really up in the air on scopes. I just bought another fde 3.5-10 for another project and I'm currently looking for a black 3.5-10.cant decide illuminated or not. It will sit on an MK11 so I've been researching those scopes.
Today though. #majordisappointment. I really thought I'd be picking up the m110 can. It's been approved 24 days now. Capital only does transfers Saturday's so maybe next week.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Who had the BA barrels on sale? I can't find it. I need a holland barrel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Monmouth Reloading, they are still 33% off as of right now. Picked up a holland barrel myself earlier this week.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RedRaider0311:
Stocks from? I don't want one that's beat up. I see cav arms offers on. All input would be appreciates, thanks
View Quote
There is a Colt in the EE that looks basically brand new.

What 80% lowers should I start with for braceman to reprofile? Does it matter?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RedRaider0311:

Mine were tactical machining
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:48:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#24]

View Quote
Nodak Spud A1 lower's have been pretty hard to get lately (waitlist/OOS last time I checked), you could try Tactical Machining. Edit: Samson beat me to it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Nodak Spud A1 lower's have been pretty hard to get lately (waitlist/OOS last time I checked), you could try Tactical Machining. Edit: Samson beat me to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

I don't know what nodak costs but if you go tactical machining and send it to him for roughly 200.00 you'll end up with a reprofiled and engraved lower. Mine are freaking amazing. The man is talented. I've got some PRI front sight towers on their way to him now. Consider anodizing. That's my hold up right now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#26]

I don't know what nodak costs but if you go tactical machining and send it to him for roughly 200.00 you'll end up with a reprofiled and engraved lower. Mine are freaking amazing. The man is talented. I've got some PRI front sight towers on their way to him now. Consider anodizing. That's my hold up right now.
View Quote
Damn.. that's not a bad price and I need another lower for the holland. The clone life is painful. Was already going to send him some to get Colt engravings for Block II stuff.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Monmouth Reloading
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
That looks like what I'm after and his prices are great  except I don't see any option to reprofile the Lower to A1 spec. Also does anyone have the art work for a Colt and/or Hydromatic markings?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#29]

That looks like what I'm after and his prices are great  except I don't see any option to reprofile the Lower to A1 spec. Also does anyone have the art work for a Colt and/or Hydromatic markings?
View Quote
Member braceman does the re-profiling and engraving.  He has all the art work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View Quote
That was my original plan. Can I just start with any old 80% lower or does he need something specific?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#31]
That was my original plan. Can I just start with any old 80% lower or does he need something specific?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

He can not accept a completed lower. And prefers in the raw lowers. He will reprofile or do anything you want bottom pic is reprofiled. I have an armalite lower he did that is completely smooth on one side. I'm not familiar with retro lowers but he obviously knows his shit. He's more popular with the retro guys I think.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#32]
The hydromatic lowers are the shit. I may send a few more for that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#33]

He can not accept a completed lower. And prefers in the raw lowers. He will reprofile or do anything you want bottom pic is reprofiled. I have an armalite lower he did that is completely smooth on one side. I'm not familiar with retro lowers but he obviously knows his shit. He's more popular with the retro guys I think.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/IMG-2375-217560.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/330914/DF73D917-7CD0-4227-A45D-9E5D452604E6-217559.JPG
View Quote
Cool. I'll buy a couple 80% in the white, I was hoping to not have to send them back out to get anodized but whatever, it's getting spray painted anyway.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I have 9 lowers with Brace right now

Might have to do 1 or 2 of those Hydromatic ones for a change of pace
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I managed to complete the bulk of my mod 1 build tonight. Front sight and sling mount should be here next week along with my A1 stock set. Now all I need is an A1 lower and a can of krylon.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2en2fdi.jpg
View Quote
Do I recognize that scope? :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Could one of you PM me Braceman's info?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

Do I recognize that scope? :)
View Quote
Your fingerprints are all over it.  In fact you and reading Lone Survivor are the reasons I went Mod 1 instead of Mod 0 even after accumulating a punch of early parts for it.  

It's funny, I put it in an LT104 and the paint marks do not line up with your mount, unless you painted it with a different mount of course.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By drago6:

View Quote
NO WONDER mines taking forever to get done.. HAHAHA..
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drago6:

Then I won't say how many I sent. Haha. Mine are back and out of the way though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Then I won't say how many I sent. Haha. Mine are back and out of the way though.
View Quote
Just out of curiosity.. What's the average turn around on one lower..??
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
I'm sure his workload fluctuates, but I had mine back in a week.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View All Quotes

Sent mine out @ 5/12/17..
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Well, when you've got people like samson sending him 20 at a time, I'm sure he gets backed up. Plus, I believe it's his side-business/hobby so his 9-5 take priority.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, when you've got people like samson sending him 20 at a time, I'm sure he gets backed up. Plus, I believe it's his side-business/hobby so his 9-5 take priority.
View All Quotes

But I guess it's just gone test my patience lol.. Plus I'm most definitely think it's going to be worth it.. Just wish NoDak shipped my Lower to my FFL already..
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:43:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#45]
Alright all, ordering the stuff for the mod H, here we go again.... I have way too many scope and ring combos for this rifle, kinda hurts
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Alright all, ordering the stuff for the mod H, here we go again.... I have way too many scope and ring combos for this rifle, kinda hurts
View Quote
If the struggle is that real, I'll happily take a few of em off your hands for you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

If the struggle is that real, I'll happily take a few of em off your hands for you!
View Quote
Tehe.... no, not at the moment i was really waiting to do a urx holland, but ill just do the pri handguard since its mainstream! Reece rail included!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Tehe.... no, not at the moment i was really waiting to do a urx holland, but ill just do the pri handguard since its mainstream! Reece rail included!
View Quote
Lol as much shit as I give you a Aron I support your urx mod h.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#49]

View Quote
Go for the URX!  I was about to steal the PRI from my Holland for a Mod 0 build and replace wit with the 13" URX4 M-loc but I was too tempted by the latest run of FF RAS so I spend my URX money on one of those and then found a good deal on a used PRI for the Mod 0.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

Mine took 2-3 months I think but I sent quite a few and I was in vacation during that time so I just sent them and forgot about it. It's worth the wait. I doubt a couple lowers will take that long but again well worth it. It's as clone as you'll get for less than 20k.
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top