Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vagpunisher:

I'd give BOTH of my left nuts for it if that helps in any way.
View Quote
If I'm ever in the market for extra nuts I'll be sure to hit you up! Lol!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:40:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#3]
So 35 FF RAS went overnight. Bet they are on eBay today.

Also-I plan to have all remaining bore guide kits that are paid for shipped by Monday. I've tried to contact everyone who asked about them. I think I have 3 left. Anyone who didn't get one but wants one please email me. Once these 3 are gone they are gone.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Lanbo's has (two less ) black front sights.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Lanbo's has (two less ) black front sights.
View Quote
Thanks. Scored me one from there and operations parts. Need Taupe now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
http://i.imgur.com/u3MbvrO.jpg
View Quote
Nice!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to stop coming in here. I need a front sight but can't spend the money right now. It's killing me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#8]
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:
I need to stop coming in here. I need a front sight but can't spend the money right now. It's killing me.
View Quote
The front sight was a bit for me to swallow considering the deals I've gotten, and the fact I haven't paid close to retail for anything on my mod 1 build yet, as I am super patient. The WTB ads really pay off, as I finally got a TAS-1 in black on the way, and working on getting the foam template for the depolyment kit that was made by an old member last year. I thought G&R was sold out of the big wheel 600 KAC sights, and they were I guess but I had some still in my cart from way back and checked out and they still honored it as well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#9]
I can remember who told me this but I'm sure it was one of the OG guys (secretwheelman,Hunterex,Chenault or someone) that said you gotta watch the EE like its your job. you know how some things just stick.............

those TAS-1 slings on ebay were a hell of a deal but I got mine from a want to buy ad also and they were TAS-1-UMSS slings. shitty sling but necessary. I really dig wheelmans creation of the vtac mk2 and the piece of the TAS-1 that goes on the rail. I also recently purchased a tactical intervention slip cuff sling for my m110 with Uncle mikes swivels and I like that one too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Thanks. Scored me one from there and operations parts. Need Taupe now.
View Quote
Just scored a black front as well. This seal recce is coming together way faster than I had planned.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Off the wall question......

I have been buying the rest of my parts for my early Mk. 12 Mod. 0. I was thinking about having my parts mailed off by my wife to someone to assemble and test fire the rifle since I am deployed.

I would like for it to be finished when I get home in December.

Who would you guys recommend?

And...does it have to go FFL to FFL? A sale isn't taking place obviously.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AL1EN] [#12]
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:

I have been buying the rest of my parts for my early Mk. 12 Mod. 0. I was thinking about having my parts mailed off by my wife to someone to assemble and test fire the rifle since I am deployed.

View Quote
ADCO but i dont believe they will fire it just make sure its good to go pew pew!

I had Steve at ADCO put my Late Mod 0 together and its perfect.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AL1EN:
ADCO but i dont believe they will fire it just make sure its good to go pew pew!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes ADCO.  They built my early Mod0 uppers years ago.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
There are still a couple of front sights on eBay under $200.  eBay even has a coupon for 20% off for one purchase over $50.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#16]

View Quote
IMHO, you putting that thing together yourself and driving nails with it would be 110% more satisfying than sending it off. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
IMHO, you putting that thing together yourself and driving nails with it would be 110% more satisfying than sending it off. 
View All Quotes

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

having someone else build it allows for error. dont trust anyone but yourself. ive heard stories from everyone mentioned that assembles. dont be a story. be your own free labor. 

also, roll your own. :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Decisions, decisions.....

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Gotta work hard to get all the part's might as well enjoy the lego action afterwards piecing it together. Satisfying indeed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Agreed
View All Quotes

Agreed
Yup.  Best way to know the rifle is to put it together.

-----------------------------------------------------------
For those looking - Brownells has the KAC FF RAS Mk 12 in stock $355 plus free shipping (code MAY).  Just ordered one for another project.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

https://i.imgur.com/EIB7SQc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
That magpul stock is by far the most comfortable and I think it looked looks great but you have some unique parts and the ace stock is a special look within itself

Build your own stuff boys, it's not a 1911, it's like legos
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#23]

https://i.imgur.com/EIB7SQc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
Go Ace! It's the "holland" look....
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By chenault:

That magpul stock is by far the most comfortable and I think it looked looks great but you have some unique parts and the ace stock is a special look within itself

View Quote
Put mine together like legos. Barrel but wrench slipped and marred some holes. Send it to ADCO lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AL1EN] [#25]
Disagree I built plenty of ARs and there's less stress of messing up your expensive rifle by having a pro that has built more mod0 mk12 in his life then I will ever lay hold of.

Built one built them all.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#26]
Disagree I built plenty of ARs and there's less stress of messing up your expensive rifle by having a pro that has built more mod0 mk12 in his life then I will ever lay hold of.

View Quote
If anyone wants to save some money I don't mind putting your upper together for free just im me.  I've built all the variations of the MK12 and most more than a few times.  Everything will be torqued to spec and I can true the face of your receiver as well if you really want that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#27]

If anyone wants to save some money I don't mind putting your upper together for free just im me.  I've built all the variations of the MK12 and most more than a few times.  Everything will be torqued to spec and I can true the face of your receiver as well if you really want that.
View Quote
I'd echo this sentiment. If you're really that nervous about it, I'd be happy to do it. Building ARs is therapeutic to me. And letting me do yours would save me a lot of money as compared to me looking at spare takedown pins and deciding to start a new build because of them.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Im not nervous about it. I just thought it would be cool to have it done and not have to mess with it. Thanks for all the comments. I have a couple of more parts to get so I will think about it a bit more.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Im not nervous about it. I just thought it would be cool to have it done and not have to mess with it. Thanks for all the comments. I have a couple of more parts to get so I will think about it a bit more.
View Quote
It's really nothing to sweat. Get a good armorer's wrench and bribe a buddy that has a vise and you're golden. If you have any questions, this is the place to ask!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PR_addict] [#30]
I'd echo this sentiment. If you're really that nervous about it, I'd be happy to do it. Building ARs is therapeutic to me. And letting me do yours would save me a lot of money as compared to me looking at spare takedown pins and deciding to start a new build because of them.....
View All Quotes

Same, I just finished my Holland, got a spare BA barrel in the closet and it's already begging to be turned into a Mod 1. Black Rifle Disease is a very real thing! 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Same one on my Holland, and it was surprisingly very comfortable, if a bit heavy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Can someone do me a huge favor and measure the oal of the KAC FF RAS from the receiver forward?

Trying to see if I can use this with a 12.5" barrel and still get clearance for the QD mount. Just need the shoulder on the threads to clear the rail.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:46:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#33]
View All Quotes

I was going to post something like this earlier but wasn't sure if it was my place but there are guys here I would not hesitate to have assemble anything for me and have complete confidence. Chenault is one specifically. Look through his builds. They speak for themselves. There are others but I hesitate to mention names in case they don't want their name mentioned. I watch different guys build something,develop a load,become more accurate. Reading Haveblue83's journey to the 1000 club that's documented in the mod H(or 16" mod 0-Augee)thread and patch he got was freakin awesome. 5.56 out of a 16" barrel!!! Good shit!
  Point being there are guys here that would be glad to help you while your gone. I think you would get every bit as good if not better than sending it somewhere else. There is not much to the assembly part. The correct tools are everything as with anything. Accurizing the gun is the next step if you want to go that route there is a great section authored by Hellbender about that. I'm in the process of buying some head space gauges to be able to match bolts myself.
  I'm in Austin/New braunfels area. If anyone needs help with assembly I'm no expert by any means but I do have the best tools and dedicated work area to work in. I don't own a lathe or cnc (yet) but assembly or scope mounting can be handled.

If you send it out consider Compass Lake Engineering. I've been very happy with everything they have done for me. Great customer service.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#34]
I almost have all the parts for my Mod 1 and take it as you may but I have been on the fence about having it assembled by a pro. Yeah not rocket science but I keep guns and thought my kids might enjoy the history of it more, decades from now if Alan/HCS, Monty or ADCO assembled it.

.....still on the fence though because money spent on assembly could become another PART!

On a side note, this IS a disease as I have multiple gun guys I hang out with OUTSIDE HERE and always find myself explaining to blank faces what a Mk12 or Mk18 or Mk13 is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:39:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#35]
Brownells has KAC rails in stock.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Question for you assembly pros...how do you get the KAC rail perfectly aligned? Mine was pretty off at first, got it to what I though was mostly square with the upper rail, then eye-balled it real close and realized it might be off like 1 degree, if that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:55:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#37]
Question for you assembly pros...how do you get the KAC rail perfectly aligned? Mine was pretty off at first, got it to what I though was mostly square with the upper rail, then eye-balled it real close and realized it might be off like 1 degree, if that.
View Quote
If you've got a scope with rings, use it to bridge the gap after you've eyeballed it. Some guys also use carry-handles for this but the locking ring might not allow clearance for this method. And a super flat and true surface should get you close, if not perfectly aligned. Just eyeball it and flip the upper upside-down on the surface to check how square it is in relation. Tip it to one side and let it settle back and you'll know when it's true.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#38]

If you've got a scope with rings, use it to bridge the gap after you've eyeballed it. Some guys also use carry-handles for this but the locking ring might not allow clearance for this method. And a super flat and true surface should get you close, if not perfectly aligned. Just eyeball it and flip the upper upside-down on the surface to check how square it is in relation. Tip it to one side and let it settle back and you'll know when it's true.
View Quote
Got a Larue mount on this upper, so the rings are out. I'll give the flipping method a shot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Got a Larue mount on this upper, so the rings are out. I'll give the flipping method a shot.
View Quote
also you can buy a plastic vice block for the upper receiver that is perfect for this. I use it for all kinds of things. I got mine on ebay for 20.00.it is grooved for the railed part on top the upper. you can just slide it down to align the rail. just cut a small notch to fit your wrench. I think you may run into that issue using a larue mount. you wont be able to get your strap wrench around the locking collar. I'm not for sure though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#40]

also you can buy a plastic vice block for the upper receiver that is perfect for this. I use it for all kinds of things. I got mine on ebay for 20.00.it is grooved for the railed part on top the upper. you can just slide it down to align the rail. just cut a small notch to fit your wrench. I think you may run into that issue using a larue mount. you wont be able to get your strap wrench around the locking collar. I'm not for sure though.
View Quote
I think there is just enough room to get a strap wrench in there. I haven't actually tightened it down fully, only hand tight, just because I haven't quite got it set enough to my liking. This definitely is not ideal, after seeing the maybe 40 rounds i put through to function test and zero resulted in the rail loosening up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:47:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: revottuneda4] [#41]
3 MK12 Pelicans on eBay right now.

Two with no foam cut outs, one with an interesting layout I haven't seen before.

ETA: one with cutouts looks like it's possibly for a Mod 0?

Never mind. Looks like a MK11 case.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#42]
3 MK12 Pelicans on eBay right now.

Two with no foam cut outs, one with an interesting layout I haven't seen before.

ETA: one with cutouts looks like it's possibly for a Mod 0?

Never mind. Looks like a MK11 case.
View Quote
Yup MK11 case
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Didn't last long
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Can someone do me a huge favor and measure the oal of the KAC FF RAS from the receiver forward?

Trying to see if I can use this with a 12.5" barrel and still get clearance for the QD mount. Just need the shoulder on the threads to clear the rail.
View Quote
I get 12 3/8" from front of receiver to end of handguard with a tape-measure butted up to top front of receiver.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Im really feeling this rifle!!!!!!! Just finished my mod 1 and will definitely be doing this one next wow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Im really feeling this rifle!!!!!!! Just finished my mod 1 and will definitely be doing this one next wow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deuc224:
How can you NOT feel the H
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RedHeartSuperSaver:
I get 12 3/8" from front of receiver to end of handguard with a tape-measure butted up to top front of receiver.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RedHeartSuperSaver:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#49]
What is spec for a sling attachment for a mod 1?  I looked through the first post and many pages, but I'm coming up short. Also, what are you guys using for a sling the TAS or something else?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#50]
You guys know what's wrong with the EE? Everybody knows what their stuff is worth. But at my local pawn shop, I just picked all this up for $70

I guess I'm gonna be starting on a Mod 1. Maybe 2 of them.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top