Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:
I got 2 from Dennis on the march run a couple months ago, from one of the first runs this year, and Dennis sent me a couple on this run as I had requested an extra one, after the initial march run but I ended up getting an extra one from operation parts on the last batch instead but forgot to notify him. Retail from Dennis is about 370 with tax and shipping, so I'm selling 2 on the ee for that plus the cost of shipping/insurance, and gas to the post office. I'm not making hardly anything. Dennis only got like 25 rails this time around and they were all spoken for, and the next batch isn't do for months out, and could be a smaller batch. I have 2 on the EE, trying to help someone out, and make my money back pretty much.
View Quote
Ahh then I stand corrected. I've just been seeing a lot of new names pop up on the different FS pages trying to sell clone parts for the ebay market value, rather then the actual value of the part. GLWS then man!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Let this be a lesson to you all.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/Screen-Shot-2017-05-19-at-7-212081.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/Screen-Shot-2017-05-1m9-at-7-212081.JPG
View Quote
EPIC. fuckin nailed it. 

#chainsaw
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Just received my notice from Dennis that my KAC FF rail is on the way!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#6]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
I scored a carbine FF RAS from Dennis Todd last year. New in the box. 325.00 I think. not sure what to use it for yet. I saw the one on the mk18 build someone had. That looked pretty cool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drago6:
Originally Posted By Chincy:

Share some of that FF ras love over here, I know you scored that carbine one
sadly i didnt :( i posted and messaged him 44 seconds after he posted the item, but he responded that someone had contacted him sooner via facebook (where he had also posted it)

was fucking heartbroken for a week
I scored a carbine FF RAS from Dennis Todd last year. New in the box. 325.00 I think. not sure what to use it for yet. I saw the one on the mk18 build someone had. That looked pretty cool.
I scored one as well thanks the MNRideshonda.

Going to build an old school, pre-CQBR CQBR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jsy_1977:
As far as I know, the contract overrun barrels were only available from Western Sport and have the .070 gas port instead of the larger one they have in their commercial barrels. I have one and it came with the DDMK12 set screw gas block and dimpled for the screws (before being parked) There is a faint number directly on top of the barrel that may identify it, but I can't check mine because it's covered under my RIS II handguard.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Can't remember where that was it might have been Hutal, it was 2007 so I just can't remember. In 2014 we pulled security at Hutal for a 7th SF GRP Team, so I don't think it was Hutal.

Might have been hutal, but who knows. when we did our brief it was in a building bigger than that and the teams lived in a even bigger building.

We landed at Herat and went to Shindad, Stone and a handful of places in between.

in 2014 we went back and forth between Hutal and Pasab most of the deployment
View Quote
I tried to get out there to link up with you but couldn't convince the guys you had good chow (prerequisite for stopping some place on the way home ).
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I just shipped another batch of bore guides. I've tried to contact everyone on the original list. I think there is only 2-3 people I havnt reached. I'm emailing alternates today. I've got maybe 4-5 alternates to contact and I might have 8-10 bore guides left. Anyone interested email me. If you left s message in my EE thread I will be emailing you today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know the red dot/mount combo he's got going on here? Looks like a Docter but can't determine the mount.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Temper:
Anyone know the red dot/mount combo he's got going on here? Looks like a Docter but can't determine the mount.

http://i.imgur.com/8aPTUuQ.jpg
View Quote
I think that's a JPoint based on the cover. From what's pictured, I have no idea which offset mount is being used (note that JPoints use a different mounting base than MRDS/Docters).
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#12]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

I think that's a JPoint based on the cover. From what's pictured, I have no idea which offset mount is being used (note that JPoints use a different mounting base than MRDS/Docters).
View Quote
might be a GG&G 45deg offset mount. they are clone approved. 

pic thread:

1000yds. makin good hits and finally got my membership =)

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
might be a GG&G 45deg offset mount. they are clone approved. 

pic thread:

1000yds. makin good hits and finally got my membership =)

https://s13.postimg.org/o3vewbmg7/IMG_20170520_164741_118.jpg
View Quote
STOP, STOP, I can only get so erect.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Since this is a picture thread. Mod 1 finally got upgraded to the right rings and the right MRD. Docter is well worth the hassle of trying to find one.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Since this is a picture thread. Mod 1 finally got upgraded to the right rings and the right MRD. Docter is well worth the hassle of trying to find one.

https://i.imgur.com/39MzqwT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
https://i.imgur.com/6j5x1Jm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
https://i.imgur.com/WehYD06_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
god DAMN is that one of my sets?! fuck they look good haha
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#16]
What brand and power spotting scopes does everyone use? My local range goes out to 300 yards. What should i use to be able to see 5.56 holes?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Two KAC FF RAS's in the EE under "NEW UPPER RECEIVER".  Good price.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Rboitano:
What brand and power spotting scopes does everyone use? My local range goes out to 300 yards. What should i use to be able to see 5.56 holes?
View Quote
I've been rocking a Bushnell legend tactical 15-45. I love it for the price point being sub 500. Sold my Leupold Mark 4 spotter when I got it since it was a negligible difference between the prices. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#19]

https://i.imgur.com/39MzqwT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
https://i.imgur.com/6j5x1Jm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
https://i.imgur.com/WehYD06_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
View Quote
Fk'n decent. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Nope, these are legit, but I'm hard pressed to tell!

Fk'n decent. 
Means a lot, coming from The Godfather himself!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Well this is what always happens you complete the rifle then someone offers you stupid money and you sell the rifle. Now I am needing to find more parts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#24]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
http://i.imgur.com/NBRZs3V.jpg
View Quote
You painted the rifle forward on the Collar... -15 clone points...

When you mount the suppressor, the heat will make a gooey mess...
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#25]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

You painted the rifle forward on the Collar... -15 clone points...

When you mount the suppressor, the heat will make a gooey mess...
View Quote
Yeah. I kinda realized that after I had sprayed it (not sober took a few beer's to commit). Was going to take some citristrip too it later lol.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, I must say there are some beautiful rifles in this thread!  Can one of you guys with a Mod0 share what length your gun is with and without the silencer installed?  Also, what type of stock is installed on the measured rifle.  It would be great if you could post the weight as well but I realize that will vary with how the rifle is setup.  All the lengths I find online seem to be consistent with a rfile w/o the silencer.  I would appreciate any input, thank you!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Did some shooting at 250yds today.  I just had the rifle sitting on the top of my tailgate and against my shoulder in the back.  Quick succession shots, 55gr cheap stuff.   It was fun to get out there, haven't shot in a long time.  You can see the tall steel plate between the two rifles.  That was my target.

The A1 is my favorite rifle to shoot.  The BA barrel inside it is a straight shooter.

Huffing gas by K P, on Flickr

I shot 2 10 rnd groups.  There are some flyers from when I was shooting the bottom target with the A1 open Sights.

This is what the A1 did in the same circumstance

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Is it always this common to see gougers show up every time a shipment of kac ff start getting shipped? Guys tacking $200 or more onto price of new is ridiculous. Glad I bought mine from an honest/non gouger. Jeez...
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By vagpunisher:
Is it always this common to see gougers show up every time a shipment of kac ff start getting shipped? Guys tacking $200 or more onto price of new is ridiculous. Glad I bought mine from an honest/non gouger. Jeez...
View Quote
Ya I saw that too, saw it when I got my first one last year around this time as well. Glad I also went thru a good source, got my second one today. Seal Recce here I come.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Ya I saw that too, saw it when I got my first one last year around this time as well. Glad I also went thru a good source, got my second one today. Seal Recce here I come.
View Quote
Let me know where you get your barrel/OAL and how it fits! Very interested in doing a Recce with my spare RAS, as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#32]
My RAS came in from Dennis yesterday.  I'm hoping to get the barrel and rails on by the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lurp06x] [#33]

still need to get a bipod and AEM5 but she is a tack driver. Got the EBR mod 0 in with the MK12 Mod  0.  

Looks like there are 3 KAC FF rails in the EE right now some going for $550?!  Waiting on more ammo to plink with. really liking this new Hornady Black 75gr ammo. anyone else test this stuff out?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lurp06x:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#35]
So for the sake of curiosity, suppose a fella had a gas block that is closed in the front. But he desired for it to no longer be closed in the front and therefore become more mk12ish. Is there any problems that could arise as far as functionality from doing so? Aside from not being kosher, would it still work?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#36]
So for the sake of curiosity, suppose a fella had a gas block that is closed in the front. But he desired for it to no longer be closed in the front and therefore become more mk12ish. Is there any problems that could arise as far as functionality from doing so? Aside from not being kosher, would it still work?
View Quote
I'm not a doctor, but why not just cough up the extra $50 for a DD one? Sell the closed one to recoup some of the funds. Problem solved and you don't have to worry about drilling anything important out, or assuming any risk.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
There are well known members that do it for a living on here,gunbroker,eBay etc. eventually you'll see and stay away. This thread is the most decent group of dudes around.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#38]

There are well known members that do it for a living on here,gunbroker,eBay etc. eventually you'll see and stay away. This thread is the most decent group of dudes around.
View Quote
Well--this thread and it's little brother the Mod-H thread
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
As a relative new comer to this group I'll agree. I've had the best experiences on ARF talking with the guys here and buying parts for a build before they hit the EE, etc. I can't say enough good things here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Yeah it sucks to see that. Some of those guys I buy from because I need specific Colt parts or whatever but that definitely makes me hesitate if I have other options.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm not a doctor, but why not just cough up the extra $50 for a DD one? Sell the closed one to recoup some of the funds. Problem solved and you don't have to worry about drilling anything important out, or assuming any risk.
View Quote
Valid point. But I like to live dangerously.  all kidding aside, I will end up buying the proper one. I was just curious
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By chenault:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chenault:

Absolutely brother. Same group of guys. Mk12 heads.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Valid point. But I like to live dangerously.  all kidding aside, I will end up buying the proper one. I was just curious
View Quote
I hear ya. Logistically speak, I think you'd be fine. Minus the unfinished aluminum, but you might have some bleed off. Thankfully it's a cheap part. I'd rather be safe than have to buy a new one after the modded one doesn't work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#44]
you should see the CRA on facebook. i saw a DD FSP rail for $1250, mod h stocks for 550, arms nls with trr for 400, and the mods WILL attack you if you say ANYthing lol. its totally laughable. 

the specific clone game for ff longs is simple: wait time is usually once or twice a year shipments: they make em. wait. buy for $359. done. 

#clonewars
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Let me know where you get your barrel/OAL and how it fits! Very interested in doing a Recce with my spare RAS, as well.
View Quote
If I can get my 14.5 sold before I leave for vacation ill order it asap, but more then likely wait till I get back from vacation.
NF is already ordered for it, waiting on the Wilcox mount, and then I need to purchase my aem5 when I get back too. God my wallet hates me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Hell yeah.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#47]
you should see the CRA on facebook. i saw a DD FSP rail for $1250, mod h stocks for 550, arms nls with trr for 400, and the mods WILL attack you if you say ANYthing lol. its totally laughable. 

the specific clone game for ff longs is simple: wait time is usually once or twice a year shipments: they make em. wait. buy for $359. done. 

#clonewars
View Quote
Yea, this.  Cloning is all about patience, if you don't have it you better substitute it for money.  I have clones that took years to find parts for, but for me the hunt was part of the fun; recently the price gouging has kind of killed that joy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

IMHO, yes. And yes, the knobs appear just like the M2 ones.

ETA: here is mine with the 1/10 knobs

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272939/2017-03-31-19-195140.JPG
View Quote
When did you have this done?  I called the Leupold Custom Shop this morning and they told me that it couldn't be done.  I was asking about swapping out M2 1/2 MOA dials for 1/10 MIL ones.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#49]
BCM had some FF RAS MK12 in stock yall. Was gonna get another one to do a 2nd build but I don't want to take up my share. Jump on it while you can!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bachn2324:
BCM had some FF RAS MK12 in stock yall. Was gonna get another one to do a 2nd build but I don't want to take up my share. Jump on it while you can!
View Quote
Just tried to purchase it within 2mins of being notified.. OOS AGAIN.. LMAO Damn that was fast
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top