Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aaron580:
And sold i could have gotten them, but not worth 250 when a dremel and some time achieves the same result. One mans opinion. If anybody reading this wants to let a pair go for 150 though, my offer always stands

On the other hand, tried my hand at some paint. Not my mk12, but first try on a gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
22H NLS in the ee right now.....$250 though
And sold i could have gotten them, but not worth 250 when a dremel and some time achieves the same result. One mans opinion. If anybody reading this wants to let a pair go for 150 though, my offer always stands

On the other hand, tried my hand at some paint. Not my mk12, but first try on a gun.
Agreed.....I think the days of decent prices on clone parts are gone

Edit for top of page....

Also if anyone has a set screw fsb for a late mod 0 with the address engraved on the tower they are looking to get rid of PLEASE let me know!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sommere54:
I'm not a Mod 1 guy, but that FDNY rifle is fucking awesome.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sommere54:
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

I am seeing a LOT of either ambi safeties, or reversed standard safeties, in the Mk12 gallery. Early SPRs, late guns, Hs, 1s, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/6OHtFYw.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/5FgCT7I.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/iY3oJcD.jpgurl]http://i.imgur.com/1Hplrxr.jpg[/url]http://i.imgur.com/FqmkBCt.jpgurl]http://i.imgur.com/WZ0v7F4.jpg[/url]
http://i.imgur.com/jewxrGV.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lF6qLuq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0Ju5SoG.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lQJ8tl4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H02qyHA.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/04owZlM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SIcp9uv.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/oZs9lxN.jpg
I'm not a Mod 1 guy, but that FDNY rifle is fucking awesome.
Yeah lots of ambi's seen for sure - all add on's done ITW I was under the impression, but I could be wrong.  

That FDNY rifle has a good story and is the the posterboy for anyone wanting to use BAD levers :) much like the smiley face boys on page 1 of the MK18 thread is for guys wanting to run T1's
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
11mins for ARMS 22Hs NLS @ $250...crazy
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Edit for top of page....

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_0789.jpg

Also if anyone has a set screw fsb for a late mod 0 with the address engraved on the tower they are looking to get rid of PLEASE let me know!
View All Quotes

Edit for top of page....

We are in the same boat brother. I've been looking for a set screw fsgb for a while. I'm not picky. I'll even take a newer one. That is the only thing I still need to correct. I agree with chenault the holland is the most affordable to do these days. More options and newer parts.
Tracking shows the bore guides getting here Tuesday so I'll post pics tuesday night. I'll take them to anodize Wednesday morning. I'm set on the round count log. All 3 items I'm doing are gtg now. Thanks for everyone's help. Now just wait for final product.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronBalaclava] [#5]
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:
It's a Douglas (HCS Upper).

What is this "mk12 gallery" being mentioned?
View Quote
Awesome!

My Douglas is inbound Weds from Compass Lake.
I Hope the "Parker Grey" Duracoat looks as good as the Gunkote grey on your barrel.

ETA: Got a new ARMS #22 TRC/TRR pair for sale on the EE, if anybody needs 'em.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:
View Quote
$150+ over retail for a used item just because of an extra 90 degrees is movement that is unnecessary is ducking retarded.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

$150+ over retail for a used item just because of an extra 90 degrees is movement that is unnecessary is ducking retarded.
View Quote
Sadly,

any hard to get/discontinued "MK anything" part or accessory, will continue to skyrocket. It's truly a sellers(cloners) market.
The Ebay auctions are some of the most retarded shit, I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#8]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:

Sadly,

any hard to get/discontinued "MK anything" part or accessory, will continue to skyrocket. It's truly a sellers(cloners) market.
View Quote
Get used to it boys, I think this will be the norm for awhile.  I've been watching it build over the last couple years, really the last year.  I think there are a couple of reasons for this but alas there it is.  I'm to the point where I'm looking at ebay prices and thinking, hell I could sell a few parts invest that money and have my daughters college tuition paid for by the time she's that age.  Any bidders for a Gen 1 ACE stock I'm thinking $1500 sounds reasonable.  

Anywho, on a seperate but not entirely separate note.  How the hell do you determine the difference between the airsoft insight lights and the real ones.  I saw a replica at the range today (I'm sure you can guess what platform the guy was rocking it on) and it not only looked spot on but functioned spot on.  Is there a way to tell the difference in these things so I don't buy one or get scammed?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Awesome!

My Douglas is inbound Weds from Compass Lake.
I Hope the "Parker Grey" Duracoat looks as good as the Gunkote grey on your barrel.

ETA: Got a new ARMS #22 TRC/TRR pair for sale on the EE, if anybody needs 'em.
View Quote
What are you asking for them? IM or email me. I could not find your ad.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Sadly,

View Quote
It is kind of sad that the days of finding parts are over.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blbennett1288] [#11]

Sadly,

View Quote
For the meantime I agree that it'll continue to skyrocket, but the MK12 life comes and goes. It gets hot and everything is unobtanium. It cools off and prices are reasonable.  Example is the NF x24's. When i first started in 2014 prices were anywhere from 1200-1500 for used.  Then they rose to the 1700-1900 range that the new "limited run" ones were bringing and now several have been seen in the EE and other forums for right around the $1500.
Right now the KAC rails and ARMS rings are hot...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Some of us will just disagree with you...the correct parts will always demand the premium and hold their value most likely. Taking a dremel to set of rings only makes them look acceptable, it doesn't add any monetary or historical value to the system in my opinion. Fakes will always be fakes there is no way around it. I understand you can't justify the price but like you said one mans opinion.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#13]
Just got an email from Braceman about my lower being finished. :)

My goal was to swap all of my Colt 6920 lower parts group/trigger over to the A1. Is there any additional lower parts found on the A1 that are different from the M4 that I'll need to switch out to be clone correct?

From what I'm reading, the later model M16A1 had parts that were shared with later M4s/A2+ (pivot pins, mag release, bcg release, selector, etc..)  Correct?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Edit for top of page....

View Quote
That Mod 0 looks really sharp Dobs, almost makes me want to make another one.  Normally I like the A1 stock, but the SOPMOD looks really good there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
Some of us will just disagree with you...the correct parts will always demand the premium and hold their value most likely. Taking a dremel to set of rings only makes them look acceptable, it doesn't add any monetary or historical value to the system in my opinion. Fakes will always be fakes there is no way around it. I understand you can't justify the price but like you said one mans opinion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:

No lever stops won't get you laid. No woman ever will be woo'd over no lever stops.

However , that extra $150 will. And if your lucky, maybe she'll let you go Greek 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:40:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Get used to it boys, I think this will be the norm for awhile.  I've been watching it build over the last couple years, really the last year.  I think there are a couple of reasons for this but alas there it is.  I'm to the point where I'm looking at ebay prices and thinking, hell I could sell a few parts invest that money and have my daughters college tuition paid for by the time she's that age.  Any bidders for a Gen 1 ACE stock I'm thinking $1500 sounds reasonable.  
View All Quotes

Yeah, no kidding.
I'm not sure I can knock Ebay sellers of say, KAC FF RAS's for example. The seller doesn't set the price, the perceived scarcity of the item
drives the market to pay $700 and up for one. On a side note, I shudder to think how many "winners" of these ridiculous auctions are fucking airsofters.

For the meantime I agree that it'll continue to skyrocket, but the MK12 life comes and goes. It gets hot and everything is unobtanium. It cools off and prices are reasonable.  Example is the NF x24's. When i first started in 2014 prices were anywhere from 1200-1500 for used.  Then they rose to the 1700-1900 range that the new "limited run" ones were bringing and now several have been seen in the EE and other forums for right around the $1500.
Yeh, NF x24 prices have stabilized...... At least for the last couple weeks. I'm sure anything marked "Nav-Spec" or "recon" marked will still command
and continue to command an ever increasing premium.

What I've noticed over the years, is the trend to shell out stoopid money for an item, when it is either no longer made, or on limited production runs.

Originally Posted By KOBK:
I wouldn't say over. If one is planning on an accurate clone, just expect to pay a premium at whatever price the market currently bears.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Mk12 pelican on eBay right now for $210 OBO plus shipping...well used. Looks like it had a Mod1 in it.

Holding off since I figure I should finish my build first. Kinda really want though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:
Mk12 pelican on eBay right now for $210 OBO plus shipping...well used. Looks like it had a Mod1 in it.

Holding off since I figure I should finish my build first. Kinda really want though.
View Quote
He has the "Make an Offer" option so toss him one. Interesting that it has the harder foam in it. Also, mine was pretty rough looking, similar to that one and I removed the foam and pressure washed it and it looks a lot better now. I contacted Pelican as well and they sent me new wheels and latches free of charge.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By STXDobie:

He has the "Make an Offer" option so toss him one. Interesting that it has the harder foam in it. Also, mine was pretty rough looking, similar to that one and I removed the foam and pressure washed it and it looks a lot better now. I contacted Pelican as well and they sent me new wheels and latches free of charge.
View Quote
The latch did bother me. Good to know pelican will send you parts.

I'm still a little ways from finishing my Mod1. just debating if a well used mk12 case is worth it when I don't even have a shootbale rifle at this point.

Looks like there is one other offer out for that case as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:

The latch did bother me. Good to know pelican will send you parts.

I'm still a little ways from finishing my Mod1. just debating if a well used mk12 case is worth it when I don't even have a shootbale rifle at this point.

Looks like there is one other offer out for that case as well.
View Quote
Yea I understand your position but I think the surplus cases are difficult to come by so I nabbed one when I could regardless of the state of my build. My build isn't done yet either, I still need an A1 lower receiver, a Harris BRM-S, #22H NLS rings, and a PRI Gas Buster charging handle to finish mine out. I did test fire for function this past weekend and it hit steel at 100 with the irons on all 10 shots.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#21]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35735/sprncan-174701.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35735/Holland-done-174702.JPG
View Quote
Nice pair
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Yea I understand your position but I think the surplus cases are difficult to come by so I nabbed one when I could regardless of the state of my build. My build isn't done yet either, I still need an A1 lower receiver, a Harris BRM-S, #22H NLS rings, and a PRI Gas Buster charging handle to finish mine out. I did test fire for function this past weekend and it hit steel at 100 with the irons on all 10 shots.
View Quote
The rarity of the surplus case is what's telling me to buy it. God damn clone game.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, no kidding.
I'm not sure I can knock Ebay sellers of say, KAC FF RAS's for example. The seller doesn't set the price, the perceived scarcity of the item
drives the market to pay $700 and up for one. On a side note, I shudder to think how many "winners" of these ridiculous auctions are fucking airsofters.

Yeh, NF x24 prices have stabilized...... At least for the last couple weeks. I'm sure anything marked "Nav-Spec" or "recon" marked will still command

What I've noticed over the years, is the trend to shell out stoopid money for an item, when it is either no longer made, or on limited production runs.

I wouldn't say over. If one is planning on an accurate clone, just expect to pay a premium at whatever price the market currently bears.
View All Quotes

Yeah, no kidding.

With cash prices being what they are (and unsustainably so, in my opinion), perhaps the trading market will pick up.

It won't do you a ton of good if you're trying to build all the clones, but if you want to dump one for another, then it seems like a good option. Just something to consider.

But, yeah, as long as people are paying ridiculous prices for things, it is hard to fault sellers for seeking top dollar. It does lead to hoarding and a loss of consumer surplus, but there's not much you can do about it in a free market other than walk away.

MRE RAS are sweet as hell, but you can get a complete KAC SR-15 upper (or, hell, a complete rifle at what that thing will eventually sell for) for that price, or any top-of-the-line suppressor.

Of course, that's up for each individual to decide. Demand and scarcity is a cruel mistress (as mentioned).
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:26:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#24]
This should get me a pass on non clone correct scope and mount??????????

I just won't paint a transferable M16a1!

You know if you are really going to clone the fucker its a 32-36K rifle if you do it on a transferable A1.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The ecos rail is to mount the pvs-22
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#25]
From Machinegun Price Guide

M16A1
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:

You know if you are really going to clone the fucker its a 32-36K rifle if you do it on a transferable A1.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0329-175115.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0328-175114.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0330-175116.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/187307/IMG-0331-175125.JPG
View Quote
Someone will be along shortly to tell you you are not correct because your lower isn't US property marked, while they are looking at their $30 Anderson blem in sorrow.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Someone will be along shortly to tell you you are not correct because your lower isn't US property marked, while they are looking at their $30 Anderson blem in sorrow.
View All Quotes

lol, won't be me. That thing is fk'n G. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
So much want in this post
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Ring's weren't tightened enough when you shot it? Nice build brotha.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Originally Posted By cbfurg:
IT IS FINISHED. (Suppressor in jail)

http://i.imgur.com/ZC4PUAp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wbWBvqI.jpg
Ring's weren't tightened enough when you shot it? Nice build brotha.
Nothing gets past ARFCOM...especially in the clone threads.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
View All Quotes

Exactly why I was never that concerned about the exact parts!
I use a LMT Defender 2000 lower, hardly as issued.
Never swapped out the front sight for the wheeled one, even though I've got 2.
No sweat on the SOPMOD, I prefer it.
Use an ARMS base & rings for the scope, maybe works a little better with the PVS-22 that way, plus a bit higher cheek weld works great for me.
My Marine Sniper buddy said we haven't scratched the surface on mods.
I even swapped out the side rail for a longer one with QD point, I'm carrying this rifle, not GI Joe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Check Mate

Now it is a re-weld H&R but that still beats out any 80% or Eeprofiled Anderson??

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#32]

Difference between GEN 1-3 ACE Stocks
Picture and explanation provided by Samson-Dogg

Gen 1- square release button, flat on the butt end under the rubber pad, clamp style with sling swivel.

Gen 2- round release button, flat on butt end under rubber pad, clamp style with elongated sling loop that can be used on the left or right.

Gen 3-4- oblong (oval) release button, serrated on the butt end under the rubber pad, castle nut instead on clamp.

The most distinguishing features to identify each generation is the release button because each shape is unique to one generation and the clamping method. The Ace SOCOM stock was offered in two lengths M4 (7.5"-9.5") and the longer version sometimes called the rifle length (9.5"-11.5")

http://<ahttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/pcrunnels/IMG_2328_zpszewduzbh.jpg
View Quote

EDIT:

A correction to my original post - I'll just copy+paste the e-mail from DoubleStar clarifying the generations of ACE SOCOM stocks:

Gen 1 Socom stocks  will have a round “nut” (the part the adjustment button screws into) it will also have a gusset with a machined sling loop (this is designed to be ambi, as the gusset can be removed from the stock and installed with the sling loop on the other side).  The Gen 1 will have 2 alignment slots on the top of the buffer tube that use 2 small flat head screws to keep the tube from rotating

Gen 2 Socom stocks will have a square “nut”(the part that the adjustment button screws into) it will also have a gusset with a machined sling loop (this is designed to be ambi, as the gusset can be removed from the stock and installed with the sling loop on the other side).  The Gen 2 will have 1 alignment slot on the top of the buffer tube that uses a set screw to hold in an alignment “nipple” to keep the tube from rotating.

Gen 3 Socom Stocks will have a square “nut”(the part the adjustment button screws into)  It will have a gusset with a tapped hole on both the left and right side of the gusset that will allow you to mount the upgraded Ace sling swivels, this gusset is not reversible.  The Gen 3 will have 1 alignment slot on the top of the buffer tube that uses a set screw to hold in an alignment “nipple” to keep the tube from rotating.

Gen 4 Socom stocks will have a “pill” shaped “nut”(the part the adjustment button screws into)  It uses an ambi receiver end plate and extended and oversized castle nut.(the over sizing and extending  help to strengthen the connection between the stock and the lower receiver)  The Gen 4 will have 1 alignment slot on the top of the buffer tube that uses a set screw to hold in an alignment “nipple” to keep the tube from rotating.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:22:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#33]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
Use an ARMS base & rings for the scope, maybe works a little better with the PVS-22 that way, plus a bit higher cheek weld works great for me.
I even swapped out the side rail for a longer one with QD point, I'm carrying this rifle, not GI Joe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By edwin907:

I agree 100% that's why I have a 2.5-10x42 with 1.375 nightforce rings and not the leupy! I have a colt 6920 lower and have no problem milling a 80% from nodak on my mill. The bottom
Line is the rifle must be shootable and right for my shooting style. That's why all the JSOC rifles are changed up and the standard units are basic as issued.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#34]

I agree 100% that's why I have a 2.5-10x42 with 1.375 nightforce rings and not the leupy! I have a colt 6920 lower and have no problem milling a 80% from nodak on my mill. The bottom
Line is the rifle must be shootable and right for my shooting style. That's why all the JSOC rifles are changed up and the standard units are basic as issued.
View Quote
How often do NoDak have their 80% lowers in stock. Or how often should I check.. Because I'm interested
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

How often do NoDak have their 80% lowers in stock. Or how often should I check.. Because I'm interested
View Quote
You should check back often because when they go in stock they'll sell out quickly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

You should check back often because when they go in stock they'll sell out quickly.
View Quote
Thanks for the response, and that's what I've been doing lol.. now it's getting too much.. I did pre-order a 16A1 Lower but it's 6-8 months out.. Can't wait that long lol but I have to..
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Thanks for the response, and that's what I've been doing lol.. now it's getting too much.. I did pre-order a 16A1 Lower but it's 6-8 months out.. Can't wait that long lol but I have to..
View Quote
Join the crowd, the wait for one of these lowers is just silly. You can snag a McKay Industries A1 in May but I have heard mixed reviews on their A1 lowers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Join the crowd, the wait for one of these lowers is just silly. You can snag a McKay Industries A1 in May but I have heard mixed reviews on their A1 lowers.
View Quote
Feel that much better that IM NOT the only one waiting lmao.. but sucks I got into the game a tad late.. I see prices on certain items, and it's ridiculous.. my first KAC RAS FF rail I got for a steal.. but my 2nd one.. I'll just keep shut lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Feel that much better that IM NOT the only one waiting lmao.. but sucks I got into the game a tad late.. I see prices on certain items, and it's ridiculous.. my first KAC RAS FF rail I got for a steal.. but my 2nd one.. I'll just keep shut lol
View Quote
Same here, I was lucky on a few items, picking them up from someone that wasn't in tune with the current market or didn't care. Got a couple of items from buddies who had stuff lying around and then there's an item or two that I care not to reflect on how much I spent for them. I never really cared for the whole clone thing, not even when I was AD, but there's always been something about the Mod 1 that kept nagging me and I finally caved. I am glad that I got started when I did but boy do I wish I had built it a few years back before the craziness set in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
The wait times are crazy
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#41]

Same here, I was lucky on a few items, picking them up from someone that wasn't in tune with the current market or didn't care. Got a couple of items from buddies who had stuff lying around and then there's an item or two that I care not to reflect on how much I spent for them. I never really cared for the whole clone thing, not even when I was AD, but there's always been something about the Mod 1 that kept nagging me and I finally caved. I am glad that I got started when I did but boy do I wish I had built it a few years back before the craziness set in.
View Quote
I hear ya.. My ORIGINAL plan was a SopMod Block II.. But that plan was thought about 3 years ago which never did happened lol.. but how in the Heck I got into the MK12 Mod 1.. I mean just look at it,  the thing is a Beauty.. plus I've always liked/wanted what the military was issued.. ALSO IF CALIFORNIA would ever let us Get Suppressors.. oh YOU KNOW which one I'll get to get this build complete.. Damn California with their stupid laws..
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
I thought, I was pretty sure that an LT-104 is GTG on a clone Mod 1.  Or do you mean cuz it's got the newer style throw lever?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:51:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HARMS4X] [#43]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I thought, I was pretty sure that an LT-104 is GTG on a clone Mod 1.  Or do you mean cuz it's got the newer style throw lever?
View Quote
I should have said scope, mount, and receiver ;)
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#44]
So I know this setup isn't kosher, but I bought it for my block 2 and have since decided to go another road with optics so I moved it to the mod 0. I just don't see a red dot being functional on the trr.

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#45]
if someone will pay 1500 for my gen 1 socom im selling it. email me for my paypal and ill next day it LOL
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#46]

View Quote
Go ahead and order one and wait. The Mk12 guys are also in competition with the Retro Forum for A1 lowers.

Braceman can reprofile and engrave an 80% lower as well. This would be my first choice.

NDS is the only place that has their lowers machined from A1 forgings besides Brownells which sources the forgings from NDS. NoDak does not machine the receivers for Brownells.

McKay does a sloppy job of reprofiling A2 lowers to A1 spec  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/690192_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
I understand the clone thing, but I have no love for the Arms rings and prefer a one piece mount that bolts on.

More secure, gives me better eye relief etc on my Mod 1. Then again maybe the set I had was just bad.

pic thread

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
The M16 lower is badass well done!!!

Now worries on the scope and mount, there are numerous variations of the SPR in Afghanistan with larue/badger mounts etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Dude....m16a1 lower.. .. well done. You win. Done. Over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
if someone will pay 1500 for my gen 1 socom im selling it. email me for my paypal and ill next day it LOL
View Quote
if we are selling rare stuff, i have a nib kac mk12 ras i will let go for the low low price of $700
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top