Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2010 7:46:04 AM EDT
I want to put a quad rail system on my DPMS Oracle, 5.56.  What size is required?  Any brand I should get specifically?  All help and information is welcome.  And you have my thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
do you want to free float the barrel, or just have a rail system to hang shit on?

eta:  all the carbine size should do fine.  if you want to put an extended free float style on you will probably have to change the gas block...it looks huge in the pics
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I just want to put a quad rail on to place a vertical grip on the bottom of it.  Not looking for free floating really.  I had heard that the gas block can be an issue. So I wasn't sure what to get and didn't want to end up dishing out 100-300$ and find out I have the wrong thing
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Midwest Industries, Yankee Hill Machine, Daniel Defense, and Troy all make drop in rail systems that will fit like your handguards.  Super simple.  Again, carbine length.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you considered Magpul MOE handguards? You can bolt rails to them where you want them and you don't have the extra weight or the extra rails in the way to be uncomfortable, not to mention they cost about 30 bucks and the add on rails are less than 10 bucks each.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top