BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2010 1:58:16 PM EDT
I am looking to get a new charging handle for my ar.  I was thinking about going with a Bravo GunFighter Med. latch Charging Handle.  Is there any reason I should pay the extra money and get a PRI gas buster or ACLM?  I mean the gas blow back is mainly for using a suppressor right??  I am not running a suppressor btw.

Also is there any other CH I should think about instead of the gunfighter?
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll put my 2 cents in and say you already got it figured out and go with the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 (medium).

Super happy with the two I got, one for my LE6920 using EOTCh 557 with 3x mag fts, the other is on my Ruger Sr556 with ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll love it.. (BCM GF)
MOD 4 for me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
BCM GF +1000
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
thats what I thought but I just paid my 24$ for membership and I wanted to get my money's worth.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
BCM Gunfighter.  No question about it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
BCM Gunfighter, hands down!

Puts my PRI big latch and badger latches to shame, they are not even close to being in the same class as the Gunfighter.

It's pretty evident as soon as you take the BCM out of the plastic your dealing with a serious piece of gear.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
This again? These threads should be locked after the 1st reply. The answer is always the same anyway.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This again?

Right.

But yeah. BCM Gunfighter.

Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#9]
BCM Gunfighter is a great item, all my rifles have them, a big thumbs up to buy one
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
BCM gunfighter Mod 4 get's my vote
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not a sheep but ,,,,,,BCM gunfighter is the best IMHO .
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4

Without a doubt
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
thats what I thought but I just paid my 24$ for membership and I wanted to get my money's worth.

I just run a LMT M4 / aimpoint and light

I also run a 1-3x scope or a Eotech 551 my spare LMT M4

Im still useing the regular Charge handle without any major problems

Just saying you might save your money for ammo etc!

BTW
BCM is my first go to if I need any M4/AR parts
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Ah, kool-aid sure is refreshing late in the afternoon.  A year or two ago if it was not the PRI Gasbuster then you were using crap, banned from the cool kids table, and were going to blow your eyes out if you popped a primer, today it is BCM and the Gunfighter that has the flavor of the month award, and the blow your eyes out concern is suddenly gone.
Gotta love it.

By the way, both PRI GB and the Gunfighter are excellent CHs.  I prefer the PRI because I do a lot of wildcat load work up and if there is anything to the gas diversion story then I want to take advantage of it because when doing unknown load work up a popped or blown primer is a very real possibility and if it does divert gas away from my eyes, I want that extra security.  However, if the truth be known, both are flavors of the month and for 99% of AR users the standard CH is just fine.  They worked pretty well for over 45 years with the standard CH but now it seems that if you don't have the latest flavor then you are headed for social ruin for certain and physical ruin is a posibility.
Why, I even ran a standard CH on my match rifle doing one sided charges for years and never tore up the standard CH.  I must be lucky because to hear the chatter on the net that CH should have gone belly up the first time I tried to use it that way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW

The $20 extra you could put towards ammo is well worth it for the BCM CH.  In an excercise at a class last week we had to clear malfunctions from a line of 10 different rifles.  It made me realize how nice the BCM is to have when picking up ones with standard handles.  Then again, most people shoot less than 500 rounds a year off a bench so in that case it really wouln't matter.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ah, kool-aid sure is refreshing late in the afternoon.  A year or two ago if it was not the PRI Gasbuster then you were using crap, banned from the cool kids table, and were going to blow your eyes out if you popped a primer, today it is BCM and the Gunfighter that has the flavor of the month award, and the blow your eyes out concern is suddenly gone.
Gotta love it.

The typical bullshit response often found here.

Two years ago the BCM handle wasn't around.  Now it is and it's a great improvement over the previous offerings.  All this "kool-aid" or "flavor of the month" BS get's old.  Try to start looking at things objectively.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]
BCM gunfighter IMHO
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
The stock one, if it aint broken why replace it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If your iron sights work fine why get an RDS?
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love it.

Two years ago the BCM handle wasn't around.  Now it is and it's a great improvement over the previous offerings.  All this "kool-aid" or "flavor of the month" BS get's old.  Try to start looking at things objectively.

^^^^^ this.

my .02 worth.

I have 2 GF handles, I really like them. Heavy duty stuff.

Link Posted: 5/12/2010 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love it.

^^^^^ this.

my .02 worth.

I have 2 GF handles, I really like them. Heavy duty stuff.

only have one, but I love my Mod 4.  I got it for the design.  I got it when it first came out before it was cool..or before every one had it to rave about
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am buying this CH for my Mega/Noveske build.  I am in the process of a beat up/budget build.  I am using my current stock charging handle for that rifle. I am getting the Magpul BAD and some ear protection so I wanted to go ahead and get it to save on shipping.  and its my rifle and money and I see fit to deck it out how I want. lol

Thanks everyone.  I already ordered the mod 4 gunfighter!  but I kinda wish I would have went ahead and bought the Vltor modstock since it is onsale.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I haven't used the BCM GF, but i have used the Armament Dynamics Ambi charging handle and am very happy with it.  Anywhere I grab it and pull the charging handle comes back. It is not cheap, but when you see one in person, you get what you pay for.

My only quibble, and it's a small one, is that i can't use it on my dedicated 22lr upper.  The spring on the 22lr bolt isn't enough for the mechanism to pull against, works like gangbusters on the 5.56 though. Replaced my PRI big latch and never looked back.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Larue ambi charging handle is the best, but i am a lefty.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW

The $20 extra you could put towards ammo is well worth it for the BCM CH.  In an excercise at a class last week we had to clear malfunctions from a line of 10 different rifles.  It made me realize how nice the BCM is to have when picking up ones with standard handles.  Then again, most people shoot less than 500 rounds a year off a bench so in that case it really wouln't matter.

Agreed, had to do the same thing for a class last weekend. I was surprised how much I felt the difference.,

Link Posted: 5/12/2010 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#28]
BCM Gunfighter
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#29]
The only thing that sucks about the BCM GF is that once you try one, you have to replace the rest of your AR's with GunFighters
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW

Agreed, had to do the same thing for a class last weekend. I was surprised how much I felt the difference.,

I have a feeling you may have taken the same class the week before mine if it was in NY.  What class was it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm still using my PRI & feel no need to change it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I have 4 BCM's. I really like them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#33]
My current favorite is my ACLM Armadynamics ambi CH which I got from LaRue Tactical, I'm not a lefty but I always practice both sides just in case my strong hand can't be used.

I also have the GF medium CH and it's my favorite among my other non ambi, like LMT tactical model and Badger gen 1 & 2 equipped handles.

Link Posted: 5/14/2010 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Why are Gunfighter charging handles marked VLTOR?
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

VLTOR design and patent. BCM manufactures.

I have several GF4s, Gas Busters, and Armadynamics. From a machining/manufacturing standpoint (fit, finish, etc.) I rate Armadynamics first, PRI second, GF third. Obviously, the ACLM is great for lefties but otherwise I prefer the GF4. The PRI is nice, very well made, but it doesn't seem to redirect gas any better than the GF4 for 2x the cost. Plus, it feels a bit wider than it needs to be (though technically, its only slightly wider overall than the GF4).

The real advantage of the Bravo/VLTOR gunfighter primarily matters if you want or need to run an extended latch, or use a suppressor (any of you guys running a can, compare a GF to a PRI and see what you think) . Otherwise, a good forged standard charging handle will serve you well.

Link Posted: 5/14/2010 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

VLTOR design and patent. BCM manufactures.

I have several GF4s, Gas Busters, and Armadynamics. From a machining/manufacturing standpoint (fit, finish, etc.) I rate Armadynamics first, PRI second, GF third. Obviously, the ACLM is great for lefties but otherwise I prefer the GF4. The PRI is nice, very well made, but it doesn't seem to redirect gas any better than the GF4. Plus, it feels a bit wider than it needs to be (though technically, its only slightly wider overall than the GF4).

The real advantage of the Bravo/VLTOR gunfighter primarily matters if you want or need to run an extended latch, or use a suppressor (any of you guys running a can, compare a GF to a PRI and see what you think) . Otherwise, a good forged standard charging handle will serve you well.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#38]
What is so special about the bcm?
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What is so special about the bcm?

the latch design directs manual pressure off of the 1/16" roll pin which on a standard design is the only thing holding the latch to the body of the CH. Its more robust is the bottom line...while also having a larger latch for easy weak hand manipulation.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 4:53:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love it.

Typical Kool-Aid drinkers response.
If you are going to quote me, quote the entire message.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The only thing that sucks about the BCM GF is that once you try one, you have to replace the rest of your AR's with GunFighters

^^THIS^^

Just about everyone I shoot with has tried one of my rifles with the BCM GF and instantly just "had to have one."  I have sold so many, I should get a discount on mine.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love it.

I wouldn't have to quote any of it if you had just not posted this portion of your post.  But you decided to add this dumb shit to your post like it had some sort of relevance.  Believe me, I'm not a "kool aid drinker" as you so ignorantly put it.  I use what works.  This product works the best out of any of the alternatives.  On top of that it's the same price as a regular handle with a tac latch and much cheaper than a PRI.  But of course it must be the "Kool aid."
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love it.

I wouldn't have to quote any of it if you had just not posted this portion of your post.  But you decided to add this dumb shit to your post like it had some sort of relevance.  Believe me, I'm not a "kool aid drinker" as you so ignorantly put it.  I use what works.  This product works the best out of any of the alternatives.  On top of that it's the same price as a regular handle with a tac latch and much cheaper than a PRI.  But of course it must be the "Kool aid."

Don't sweat it CTbuilder, Big Bore likes portraying himself as "OLD SCHOOL" and likes talking down to everyone by calling them "newbs" or "Kool-Aid drinkers" and throwing around terms like "flavor of the month."  About 99% of his posts can be ignored, obviously is momma never taught him how to keep his mouth shut.  Remember what you learned in kindergarten, "if you can't say anything nice, then SHUT UP".........yea I think that's how it went.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#45]
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#46]
I have both the PRI and several GFs. I have been using the GB on my primary partly because I'm used to it. I shoot mainly suppressed (SF Mini) and will do an A/B test wrt gas diversion next time I train.

ETA:

The gas buster is much more substantial than the GF. That's not to say it's better, it just looks and feels much more substantial. In addition the "T" on the GB is wider giving both right and lefties more to grab a hold of.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Mod 4 for me.

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

How is this a relevant comment when the stock CH does in fact break?

Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#49]
FWIW, I don't "drink the Kool Aid", but I am interested in new products coming to market that appear to be improvements on the current stuff available.  I bought a BCM Gunfighter because it looked like an improvement over the ones I was using.  I bought the Mod 3.

Took a good look at it, slapped it in, used it, and ordered additional ones for all my ARs the next day.  VAST improvement (to me) over the ones I had been running.

With the relatively low failure rate of the stock ones, the BCM would certainly appear to address those issues, while also being more "operator friendly".  Anything more (like steel) seems like overkill and unnecessary.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#50]
BCM Mod 4 here.  Not Kool aid but real life, I bent my factory CH with my samll badger ord latch on my duty rifle.  Now, my safe queens have one of the badgers and the work gun gets the much strong BCM.

This hobby has less to do with use than it does with spending your money how you want to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top