User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 227
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Effenpig:
So do you think the latch is steel or what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Im just here for the model

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
So will those used to 7075 handles immediately shatter this charging handle while those used to 6061 handles be able to use just fine ??
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:54:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kombos:
So will those used to 7075 handles immediately shatter this charging handle while those used to 6061 handles be able to use just fine ??
View Quote
I guess it depends. I just ordered the T3 Black Friday armor deal so I'm well on my way to being a high speed operator

I can't risk my life on a 6061 charging handle
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends. I just ordered the T3 Black Friday armor deal so I'm well on my way to being a high speed operator

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kombos:

The steel latch will more than likely cut the receiver in half before the rest of the handle shatters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
All my charging handles are 7075 except one.  The one 6061 charging handle I have is wearing substantially faster and feels more flimsy than any of the others.  For my money 6061 charging handles aren't worth the savings.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rkangel777:
All my charging handles are 7075 except one.  The one 6061 charging handle I have is wearing substantially faster and feels more flimsy than any of the others.  For my money 6061 charging handles aren't worth the savings.
View Quote
Now you did it.

The angry guy should be here shortly to make a comment about armchair commandos

Just tell him to go be poor somewhere else
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Now you did it.

View Quote
Wait, I thought Chinese 6061 charging handles with steel latches made by preteen slaves paid with rice are tier 1 kit bro
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Triton Defense Group Ambi CH $14.99

Steel latch and 6061 aluminum.  Close out item.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By muvef:

View Quote
Here is a 7075 version for a little more, since this is only an aluminum bashing thread now.

Davidson Defense
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Pothole:
Here is a 7075 version for a little more, since this is only an aluminum bashing thread now.

Davidson Defense
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pothole:
Originally Posted By muvef:

Davidson Defense
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. They're both aluminum
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Now you did it.

View Quote
No armchair commando.  Just been involved in sales and marketing long enough to know that when companies choose to hide behind buzzwords or don't give specs, there is a reason for it.  Nothing against Stag specifically.  Many companies do the same thing.  If it is advertised as "aircraft grade aluminum" it usually means its the lesser of the grades.  If a barrel is advertised as "chromoly" it is most likely not 4150.  "MPI" can mean batch tested or individual (most likely batch because it is cheaper).  It is left just ambiguous enough to lead to assumptions.  And assumptions lead to disappointed customers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HatTrick55] [#14]
My email say $65 off $500.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I use ParaCord as wrap on my fore ends to keep it from being so unpleasant in cold weather, I use it for makeshift slings... So I classify it as an AR part.

Midway's paracord (if you get free shipping or if it's part of a larger order) is cheaper than the stuff on Amazon for most lengths (though the 1000 foot length, Amazon wins).
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2606149431/5ive-star-gear-seven-strand-paracord

And they've got some MOLLE milsurp stuff real cheap:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1918117745/military-surplus-molle-sustainment-pouch-nylon
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1918580479/military-surplus-molle-ii-canteen-general-purpose-pouch-nylon
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1918693743/military-surplus-molle-ii-large-rucksack-main-pack-only

Also: If you want to talk about aluminum from 3 pages ago, go start another thread. You're off topic and just shit-posting at this point.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, that settles that then.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
... and points a company that stands behind its values and customer concerns. Well done Stag.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:38:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#20]
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
Well, that settles that then.

https://i.imgur.com/qttNf8p.png
View Quote
LOL, BF + Stag = Run as fast as you can.

Deals Thread: PSA BCG $60
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

LOL, BF + Stag = Run as fast as you can.

Deals Thread: PSA BCG $60
View Quote
I won’t hesitate to order from them again next Black Friday. Everyone got their $15 lpks last year, right? Everyone has the chance to send back the CH’s if they don’t want them this year, right?

Shit happens, how you handle it matters. They’ve handled both well IMO. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#22]
Originally Posted By AR_DIESEL:

I won’t hesitate to order from them again next Black Friday. Everyone got their $15 lpks last year, right? Everyone has the chance to send back the CH’s if they don’t want them this year, right?

View Quote
I ordered the lpk last year. It took months to get mine. This year they sale garbage. They new it was crap. After they get your money and then get caught they say, "I didn't know", "I'll refund it if you want", LOL.  Suckers are born every day. I will never be a stag sucker.  No pun intended.

Import laws.... I work in an industry that imports as many others do. Stag knows where it came from when they ordered it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
I dunno. All I see in that letter is, “we tried being slick and got called out so we will do refunds to the 20 out of 1000 people who see this and chumps will think we are stand up”
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#24]

I ordered the lpk last year. It took months to get mine. This year they sale garbage. They new it was crap. After they get your money and then get caught they say, "I didn't know", "I'll refund it if you want", LOL.  Suckers are born every day. I will never be a stag sucker.  No pun intended.

Import laws.... I work in an industry that imports as many others do. Stag knows where it came from when they ordered it.
View Quote
Exactly. They knew full fucking well where that shit came from.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NVjunkie:

I dunno. All I see in that letter is, “we tried being slick and got called out so we will do refunds to the 20 out of 1000 people who see this and chumps will think we are stand up”
View Quote
I guess I’m a chump and a sucker then, oh well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Some people have a specific amount budgeted for BF. Sure they get their money back but they could / would have spent that money on something else if they had known
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Everyone who ordered will see it. They emailed it to people who bought them, otherwise I wouldnt have seen it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Everyone who ordered will see it. They emailed it to people who bought them, otherwise I wouldnt have seen it.
View All Quotes

They didn’t email it to me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:33:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_DIESEL] [#29]

Some people have a specific amount budgeted for BF. Sure they get their money back but they could / would have spent that money on something else if they had known
View Quote
I understand your point, but these are $15 CH’s, how many would one have to buy to affect their budget enough to matter?

I can’t imagine your scenario, where a few $15 CH’s keeping someone from buying something they had planned on buying at the right price, would apply to more than a handful of people. I had a budget and a list of things I was looking for and the prices I wanted them at...CH’s were not on the list, but I bought a few anyway because a $15 ambi CH is worth a shot at trying.

I would be willing to bet that my scenario is more likely than yours.

I’ll wait and see what these things look like. If they pass muster, cool. If not, I’ll send em back. Let’s not forget what we’re talking about here, $15 charging handles lol.

$7 aluminum mags
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:04:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: subroc] [#30]
I cancelled mine. I don't know the provenance of everything I buy and many things I buy I am sure they are from another country. I wouldn't be surprised to find out some things on a rifle or 2 that I own have foreign parts. That said, these AR rifles are one thing we can buy or build that can truly have 100% United States made parts. While in the grand scheme of things that is small I find some comfort in that and am left with the thought, given the opportunity, why not?

I do want to add, I think highly of Stag Arms for the way they handled this and will, at the very least, look at their web site when making future purchases.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#31]
All this hot air in a deals thread....

Joe Bob's has some good deals!

Diamond Head polymer flipup sights, 59.95

Ergo quad rail, 49.95

Jbo low pro .750 gas block 9.95
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

Magpul MOE SL-K Carbine Stock - MIL-SPEC - Black  $29.99
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I haven't seen an email from Stag either.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Gage:

I haven't seen an email from Stag either.
View Quote
Nor I.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Nor I, but I still emailed [email protected] and cancelled my order for 3.

And... I can't believe these are still in stock for $60 and free shipping.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-5-56-premium-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-8779.html
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Did any of you who didn't receive your email receive your charging handles yet? That might be why. I already have mine... maybe they emailed the fulfilled orders only
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I got an email a day after I had already canceled, It was in the spam folder with the Russian hooker stuff. Wonder if they knew if it was worded precisely that that is where it would end up relating to google anyways... hummm Ha
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:36:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: unoigo] [#38]
What’s the best prices you guys are seeing on SBA3 braces?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By unoigo:
What’s the best prices you guys are seeing in SBA3 braces?
View Quote
Keep an eye on the EE-Used Lower Parts.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
What’s the best prices you guys are seeing in SBA3 braces?
Outside of that, I’ve never seen a better deal than $99 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#41]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm looking for the Scorpion Gearhead Works folding stock so that I can put a tailhook on it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Primary Arms ran them at $89.99 recently and I hit it.  I have paid attention to their marketing and it loooks like they pick an item or two to offer at a wash or loss-leader to win hearts and minds.  When it’s good at PA, jump.

Otherwise, OP you can dip under $100 shipped with a 10% code when they put them on sale.  SBA3 is one of the common sale items going around this year, so it will happen again if you aren’t in a hurry.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_DIESEL] [#44]
Originally Posted By gedeon:
Primary Arms ran them at $89.99 recently and I hit it.  I have paid attention to their marketing and it loooks like they pick an item or two to offer at a wash or loss-leader to win hearts and minds.  When it’s good at PA, jump.

Otherwise, OP you can dip under $100 shipped with a 10% code when they put them on sale.  SBA3 is one of the common sale items going around this year, so it will happen again if you aren’t in a hurry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gedeon:

Yep, optics planet had them for $103 just a few days ago (they went back up yesterday or the day before)  and they always have 10% off codes to sweeten the deal.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Who has the best price delivered on mil-spec ar15 carbine adj. buffer tubes at the moment?

DEAL- Midway free shipping over $49 with code DECFS49, ends tonight at midnight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By umungus1122:
Who has the best price delivered on mil-spec ar15 carbine adj. buffer tubes at the moment?

DEAL- Midway free shipping over $49 with code DECFS49, ends tonight at midnight.
View Quote
https://www.righttobear.com/Anderson-Mil-Spec-6-position-Buffer-Tube-Kit-Amb-p/am-21-buffer-kit.htm
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Another shot at cheap MRO's...

10% off code PHLDAYTEN, comes to $300 shipped. I've bought two from this guy so far, both had 114k+ serial numbers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trijicon-1x25mm-MRO-2-0-MOA-Adjustable-Red-Dot-Sight-Black-MRO-C-2200003/272032654300
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#48]
I need about 6 30-cal ammo cans.  Anyone know a good source for cheap?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
I need about 6 30-cal ammo cans.  Anyone know a good source for cheap?
View Quote
Midway has them and free shipping over $49
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#50]
AR stoner billet upper receiver and 15" M-lok hand gaurd, 99.99

Pretty good looking upper. Case deflector, no forward assist, appears to accept a dust cover just looking at the photos.
Page / 227
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top