Originally Posted By HEATH223:
Yea Thanks I ordered 3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By imdBman:
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
Either this is a curve-for-curve knockoff, or it's an unbranded Radian Raptor for $15. https://www.stagarms.com/stag-arms-ar15-ambi-charging-handle/
I went for it, worth the gamble at that price.
Thanks for that!  I have one on the way too.
Yea Thanks I ordered 3.
Just ordered 2 more and my order # was about 2700 higher.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By imdBman:
Either this is a curve-for-curve knockoff, or it's an unbranded Radian Raptor for $15. https://www.stagarms.com/stag-arms-ar15-ambi-charging-handle/
Thanks for that!  I have one on the way too.
Yea Thanks I ordered 3.
Hopefully you'll get them before spring
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:52:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LAWRENCETHOMPSON] [#3]
Maybe I am late to show, but Brownells has some F*CKING GR8 DEALs,
Just picked up 3 Faxon barrels for under $340, shipped & no tax to the great state of Ohio
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Leo31:
Anyone know of a place for a good armors wrench on sale?
View Quote
Magpul Armorers wrench for $59.99 when you add to cart @ Primary Arms

@Leo31
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
C-marked Colt BCGs for $100 for the rest of the month... https://sharkarms.com/colt-parts
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:03:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: basicAR] [#6]
Originally Posted By Effenpig:
Its definitely not a Radian, it's a copy

Its 6061 aluminum vs. 7075 aluminum of the Radian
View All Quotes
Its definitely not a Radian, it's a copy

Its 6061 aluminum vs. 7075 aluminum of the Radian
Attachment Attached File

Eta: already addressed
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isptroop38] [#7]
Looking at the serrations as posted earlier, it may very well be a copy. The $15 ones do not appear to be the same as the Opticsplanet ones. That said, I don't think Stag would sell complete junk and for the price, I will be very happy as long as they work. Worst case scenario, I will put a heavier springs in the latches if they come back under recoil.  Though, if their shipping is anything like last year's BF deals, it may be a couple months before anybody knows!  Took me 2.5 months to get my LPK's.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By isptroop38:
Looking at the serrations as posted earlier, it may very well be a copy. The $15 ones do not appear to be the same as the opticsplanet ones. That said, I don't think Stag would sell complete junk and for the price, I will be happy as long as they work. Worst case scenario, I will put a heavier spring in the latch if it comes back under recoil.
View Quote
For $15 it’s not the end of the world if one or all of the ones I ordered break
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By isptroop38:
Looking at the serrations as posted earlier, it may very well be a copy. The $15 ones do not appear to be the same as the Opticsplanet ones. That said, I don't think Stag would sell complete junk and for the price, I will be very happy as long as they work. Worst case scenario, I will put a heavier springs in the latches if they come back under recoil.  Though, if their shipping is anything like last year's BF deals, it may be a couple months before anybody knows!  Took me 2.5 months to get my LPK's.
View Quote
Same here, ordered those today last year and it was about march before they showed up. Lol.

I sent Stag a message asking if these are indeed 7075 or 6061, so I'll update here once they answer my message
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chrisprays] [#10]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered 3 I'm not a hard core operator type so they will be just fine with me if they are 6061,  i mean you're just pulling the bolt back

are you gorilla arming them that you need 7075?  I know the ears may be a concern but for the average joe shooting at the range

how can you beat a nice 15.00 CH?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I already have Raptors on all my rifles, even one Umbrella branded one, however I still ordered 5 of these. Stag "claims" american made so I assume they are, even if they are "clones" or licensed in some way to a cheaper company that also does metal work.  I think 75 dollars on 5 of these is fine even if they sit in bags for the next 10 years. I honestly see it as one of those panic trinkets that you can later on use to barter with, I think the same about tool-craft and palmetto BCG's( thou I target the ones with no logo). I remember when I couldn't find one and got a slightly used one for $200.00. Its a roll of the dice. However remember arms list and panics still a exist. Just cause a couple of forum "armchair commandos" say its chineisium( with zero evidence) doesn't really mater to me, stag sells middle of the road stuff, not the newest fad but also not shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ZoToL:
I already have Raptors on all my rifles, even one Umbrella branded one, however I still ordered 5 of these. Stag "claims" american made so I assume they are, even if they are "clones" or licensed in some way to a cheaper company that also does metal work.  I think 75 dollars on 5 of these is fine even if they sit in bags for the next 10 years. I honestly see it as one of those panic trinkets that you can later on use to barter with, I think the same about tool-craft and palmetto BCG's( thou I target the ones with no logo). I remember when I couldn't find one and got a slightly used one for $200.00. Its a roll of the dice. However remember arms list and panics still a exist. Just cause a couple of forum "armchair commandos" say its chineisium( with zero evidence) doesn't really mater to me, stag sells middle of the road stuff, not the newest fad but also not shit.
View Quote
I can buy USA made PSA's for $10 on sale, don't need chinese junk
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 4:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#14]
Originally Posted By LAWRENCETHOMPSON:

View Quote
Like I said, Whose your source its Chinese?  People in general, if its cheap automatically think its cheap shit from overseas? Since WHEN has stag sold shit? Call them on their 1/9 barrels, maybe the 6075 stock tubes. I don't buy their stuff usually if at all, however it has never been considered garbage. Overruns don't happen? Cheaper metal shops in the USA don't exist? Get real.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skrapmetal] [#15]

View Quote
You mean the one PSA is currently selling for $28 that also doesn't list a country of origin on the page? I know PSA stuff is supposed to be made in the US... but neither company is listing a country of origin on their page. Why does that indicate that Stag's is made in China?

There has been zero proof given that these charging handles aren't made in the US, or any information regarding their material other than comparing them to previous offerings from Stag that were made of the good stuff.

Might be made in China. Might be made of crap metal.

Might not be.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 5:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#16]

You mean the one PSA is currently selling for $28 that also doesn't list a country of origin on the page? I know PSA stuff is supposed to be made in the US... but neither company is listing a country of origin on their page. Why does that indicate that Stag's is made in China?

There has been zero proof given that these charging handles aren't made in the US, or any information regarding their material other than comparing them to previous offerings from Stag that were made of the good stuff.

Might not be.
View Quote
I doubt anything that Stag has is made in China.  Granted they are FAR behind the curve with 1/7 twist and 7075 t6, However they are "old school" they are an American company. And ya know what? they Fuck up it will be here if its Chinese crap. And if it is it is.

Oh, and also. MI Backup Sight Set $89 at optics planet with code.

BFCYBER

https://www.opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-combat-rifle-sight-set.html

EDIT: sorry apparently optics planet changed so you can't use the code( a little shitty, no?, even thou I did a day ago? )Anyways still a deal at $99.99
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:27:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LAWRENCETHOMPSON] [#17]

Might not be.
View Quote
No, I mean the one's that were on sale in August, that will go on sale again,, when I bought like 15 of them that list MADE IN USA for $10 / ea.. No gimmicks, just old fashioned USA made aluminum charging handle.

If COO isn't listed you can be 100% assured its chinese
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]

No, I mean the one's that were on sale in August, that will go on sale again,, when I bought like 15 of them that list MADE IN USA for $10 / ea.. No gimmicks, just old fashioned USA made aluminum charging handle.

View Quote
So the current PSA product I mentioned is made in China? Because it isn't listed. But when you ask them, they say it's made in the US.

See where I'm going with this? If not I'll summarize: Neither of us actually knows yet. One of us is making baseless assumptions, the other is waiting to see.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#19]

View Quote
Here no COO, made in China right? Nothing in description about USA made,  Hey also a deal at $50.00

https://geissele.com/airborne-charging-handle.html
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StagArms:
Our Black Friday Ambi Charging Handles were a partnership between Stag and another US company. These are a doorbuster product, and are now on backorder.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Effenpig] [#21]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StagArms:
Our Black Friday Ambi Charging Handles were a partnership between Stag and another US company. These are a doorbuster product, and are now on backorder.
Well, that's vague

I didnt think they would be Chinese made from stag, the question for me was whether they were Radians or not.

Anything regarding materials?

I'll be pretty impressed if they manage a repeat of last years fiasco, just with a different product...
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Naw thats bullshit, It has less ribs for "pleasure?"  I won't accept it cause I payed $105 for a tungsten one with the right amount of "ribs".

Deal: https://arisakadefense.com/ 12% off code THANKS
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Well, that's vague

I didnt think they would be Chinese made from stag, the question for me was whether they were Radians or not.

Anything regarding materials?

I'll be pretty impressed if they manage a repeat of last years fiasco, just with a different product...
View Quote
That's all they said. I would assume that these were made under license or in partnership with the patent holder maybe.

I saw this morning that it said "Preorder" instead of "add to cart". God knows how many they sold that they didn't have it stock. Did I mention that I'm glad I put in my order before the word got out too far?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know who makes Combat Armory's barrels?   Anyone have any of them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By amos1909:
Anyone know who makes Combat Armory's barrels?   Anyone have any of them?

Thanks
View Quote
Bear Creek Arsenal. I’ve got one. It’s worth the $40 I paid for it. Fits, functions. I’ll report back tomorrow as to how it shoots.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#26]
Originally Posted By ianb1116:

Bear Creek Arsenal. I’ve got one. It’s worth the $40 I paid for it. Fits, functions. I’ll report back tomorrow as to how it shoots.
View Quote
How do you know it is BCA? @ianb1116
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Glad this is a deals thread not arguing semantics about a stupid charging handle..

Back to the deals!

https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/black-friday-sale/ar-15-uppers-25-993/aero-precision-ar15-complete-upper-16-556-mid-length-barrel-w-pinned-fsb-moe-mid-length-1484074?fbclid=IwAR3La2YiLw_8WLKWxIV4syWql8vyto6wcxLQBxpSiwhht03Y0un9KXqJSyM

16" middy Aero Upper with Magpul MOE SL handguard for $190.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SlowTA:
Glad this is a deals thread not arguing semantics about a stupid charging handle..

Back to the deals!

https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/black-friday-sale/ar-15-uppers-25-993/aero-precision-ar15-complete-upper-16-556-mid-length-barrel-w-pinned-fsb-moe-mid-length-1484074?fbclid=IwAR3La2YiLw_8WLKWxIV4syWql8vyto6wcxLQBxpSiwhht03Y0un9KXqJSyM

16" middy Aero Upper with Magpul MOE SL handguard for $190.
View Quote
Damn, that looks like a great deal on the surface. I wonder what the barrel details are.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isptroop38] [#29]
Aero owns most of Ballistic Advantage, so they commonly use those barrels.

https://www.guns.com/news/2015/03/18/aero-precision-and-ballistic-advantage-forge-new-partnership

ETA: No idea on barrel profile of that upper
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I would say the barrel is probably a Ballistic Advantage but even if its not, knowing Aero's reputation and quality, they are not going to sell a bad barrel.  Here is the same upper on the Aero website but doesn't offer much more information.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/upper-receivers/complete-uppers/ar15-complete-upper-16-556-mid-length-barrel-moe-sl-mid-length
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Delta Team Tactical has some real good sales going on and free ship over $120

Sba3 $90
Ambi charging handles $14
And a bunch more deals.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ianb1116] [#32]
@gotigers

Check out the barrels at the links. They’re identical. I compared mine from Combat Armory to the one on BCA’s website. They’re the same, even down to the part marking fonts.

BCA Link

CA Link

ETA: shot it at the range today. Had several stove pipes in my P80 build. Swapped to a factory Glock barrel, still had stove pipes. Something going on with the P80 I presume. Accuracy was fine. Put all my rounds inside a 8” shoot n’ see at 25 yards without trying very hard. Was really just plinking though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By manywits:
Delta Team Tactical has some real good sales going on and free ship over $120

Sba3 $90
Ambi charging handles $14
And a bunch more deals.
View Quote
Buyer beware. DTT is NOT a reputable vendor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#34]
Any in stock 80% annodized lower deals? Everyone decently priced seems to be OOS
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
Any in stock 80% lower deals? Everyone decently priced seems to be OOS
View Quote
@RyanEsstac

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/black-friday-sale-2018/80-ar-15-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Thank You, I should ave been more specific and said anodized though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
Any in stock 80% annodized lower deals? Everyone decently priced seems to be OOS
View Quote
http://www.ghostrifles.com/ghost-firearms-80-lower-black-anodized/
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got a reply from Stag. Those charging handles that resemble the raptor are 6061
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jparish62:
Just got a reply from Stag. Those charging handles that resemble the raptor are 6061
View Quote
I just got this...
These are from a US Manufacturer that we partnered with for our Black Friday doorbuster Exclusive. The body of the charging handle is aluminum and the handle ears are polymer.

Raptor LT?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I just got this...
These are from a US Manufacturer that we partnered with for our Black Friday doorbuster Exclusive. The body of the charging handle is aluminum and the handle ears are polymer.

Raptor LT?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jparish62:
I just got this...

Raptor LT?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I already got shipping info so I guess we'll see soon.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HEATH223] [#43]
Well, I already got shipping info so I guess we'll see soon.
View Quote
What time did you get your order in? I was 10:10 PM on the 22nd
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#44]

What time did you get your order in? I was 10:10 PM on the 22nd
View Quote
Around 7:30pm that night
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#45]

I just got this...

Raptor LT?
View Quote
I have one of those, the handles are polymer coated over aluminum.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Interesting. In the description it says nothing about polymer. Oh well
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#47]
glad I didn't order one. The handles in the pic look like shit.

I will stick with my BCM mod 3's.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TargetEarth] [#48]

Description
Machined from steel and aluminum and finished with a mil-spec type III anodize, the Stag Arms AR15 Ambi Charging Handle is designed to aid both left and right-handed shooters.

Compatible with AR15/M16 pattern rifles, our ambi charging handles have double latches that feature deep serrations and a forward angle to ensure a solid grip and easy operation from either hand.

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nmichlig] [#49]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 227
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top