Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2010 7:56:52 PM EDT

just curious what the general consenses is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
ford chevy I lean stag mil spec stock
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Stag
Love mine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned 2 Bushies and I just haven't been pleased with accuracy. One was a 20" the other a 16".   I fed every ammo from 55gr FMJ to 69gr BTHP and just didn't get the groups dialed in like I can with my other AR's of different brands!

I do *NOT* have experience with Stag.  I've not heard anything negative about them.  They made the first S&W MP15's until S&@W tooled up to make their own.

Unless you have access to a great discount from either, I'd personally recommend the S&W MP15's for a similar price range gun.  I know that doesn't answer your question, but just throwing it out there.

To answer your question...go STAG, just my experience with Bushie not great.  Maybe they make a great gun, but my two have me shy away from them, likely for some time.  

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had both and I think the Stag wins. Uses F-Marked FSB (required for flattop uppers), and fit/finish is better. I've hady two bushys, and the dry-film lube on the upper wasn't nearly as nice as the Stag. Stag cust service is second to none as well as their warranty. Just my opinion/experience with both.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Go stag, hands down.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to the Youtube Hitler video, Bushmaster is also known as "Shrubmaster" or "The gun company that sounds like it should be selling Rhododendrens" thanks the ACR debacle at the SHOT show.  They doubled the expected price and gave it a non-chromelined bbl in 1-9 twist pissing off half of Arfcom.  Very hillarious...  See the Magpul industry forum.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Haha, I was wondering when that ACR stuff would come bite a XXX vs. Bushmaster type forum in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Both are the same in my honest opinion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Stag IMHO
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks to the Youtube Hitler video, Bushmaster is also known as "Shrubmaster" or "The gun company that sounds like it should be selling Rhododendrens" thanks the ACR debacle at the SHOT show.  They doubled the expected price and gave it a non-chromelined bbl in 1-9 twist pissing off half of Arfcom.  Very hillarious...  See the Magpul industry forum.

You seem to be the Crymaster. Your babble has nothing to do with this post.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 3:04:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: Your babble has nothing to do with this post.

+1

Berating Bushmaster AR-15 weapons for the production of the ACR is like berating Colt for the production of it's "Colt 2000".

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 3:06:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I don;t know as much about Stag.... I've never owned one, but they seem to be OK.  I had a Bushie that the chamber was out of spec on.  I'd probably get the Stag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#13]

stag uses a milspec diameter buffer tube, which puts them ahead in my book. that said, CMT, is a MAJOR supplier of parts to several AR manufacturers. bear that in mind.

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
stag uses a milspec diameter buffer tube, which puts them ahead in my book. that said, CMT, is a MAJOR supplier of parts to several AR manufacturers. bear that in mind.

+1 for the Stag.....

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I own both, and like both equally as well. I like Stag's logo better though, so I'll say Stag I guess.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I have both and Stag wins.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I also own both.

I would prefer a Stag with the BushMaster barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Stag FTW
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  Who's crying?  I have no dog in the fight since I don't own either.  Just trying to inject a little humor.  I will agree that it was a thread hijack and for that I am eternally sorry....
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  Who's crying?  I have no dog in the fight since I don't own either.  Just trying to inject a little humor.  I will agree that it was a thread hijack and for that I am eternally sorry....

Your first born, give it to the pyre of flames or you shall suffer eternally!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#21]
With the prices what they are these days, I would kick out a few extra $$ and get a S&W or a Colt.

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Trust the Deer! Stag hands down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I've have two Bushmasters and have had no trouble with them at all. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the configuration was what I wanted and the price was right.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Having owned both, I would buy the Stag for certain. The Stag has a Mil-Spec receiver extension, "F" marked front sight base and IMO a much better chance of having a properly indexed barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I have one of each. The Stag has a much nicer fit and finish (if thats important to you). My Bushy is a work horse and eats whatever I feed it. The Bushy is also a little more accurate (it may just like the ammo I use better). I like the roll mark on the Bushy better but that is kinda trivial. I honestly dont think you can wrong with either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WTF does this have to do with anything the OP asked? go troll else where.

and for the OP, I do not own a stag, but I do own 2 bushmaster and they are accurate and reliable carbines for the money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#27]
I say it's a toss up.  With Bushmaster ACR debacle I say go STAG.  I have a Bushmaster and happy with it but not happy with their ACR pricing.  I think Bushmaster roll marks are cooler.

If I was in the market I'd get a BCM upper with their BCG and build your own lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top