Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2009 6:06:10 PM EDT
I'm just wondering what is the standard trigger pull weight on a regular AR15.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm just wondering what is the standard trigger pull weight on a regular AR15.

Thanks

Do you mean M-16/M4? 6 to 7 pounds I believe.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea around 8 or so.

They all vary with use and lube.

Not light in the least.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The requirement for the M4A1, taken directly from MIL-C-71186:

3.4.3 Triqqer Pull. The trigger pull shall be free of creep
end shall be within the range of 5.5 to 8.5 pounds. Creep shall
be interpreted to mean any perceptible rough movement between the
time the trigger slack is taken up and the hammer is released.
After partial or complete trigger pull, the trigger shall return
to its normal forward position (cocked and uncocked) under spring
action.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Are they serious about the lack of creep?  I thought most GI triggers that we get our hands on have a lot of creep.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are they serious about the lack of creep?  I thought most GI triggers that we get our hands on have a lot of creep.

I never heard anyone complain about it in the Army, possibly because you had to adapt yourself to the weapon, not the other way around.
I'm OK with the stock trigger in my 6920.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No shit, my BCM and Colt both have a ton of creep.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]
"Creep shall be interpreted to mean any perceptible rough movement between the time the trigger slack is taken up and the hammer is released."

"Rough" being the key operative word here.  I'm not saying that any of the above posters don't have "rough movement" but many shooters refer to any movement as "creep".  My experience has been that most new stock AR-15 triggers have some creep but the roughness smooths out after less than 500 repetitions of firing.  Of course there are are exceptions.

In any case, the AR-15 fire control system was designed as a military weapon system.  It was meant for resistance to dirt and junk.  Read the patent if you have not already done so (US patent no. 3,045,555).

Not legal advice, MHO, YMMV, etc.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top