Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2009 8:31:54 PM EDT
Can someone post the AR15 comparison chart here? I did a search and could not find it. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
why post it here when it's available at TOS.....??

Quoted:
Can someone post the AR15 comparison chart here? I did a search and could not find it. Thank you.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because if I knew were it was I wouldnt have asked for it and I dont know what TOS means.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because if I knew were it was I wouldnt have asked for it and I dont know what TOS means.

Ditto!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We do not post what you speak of, due to the reasons it is "ONE" persons view, and it is not accurate.

ETA: When it was here, that person  was asked to update it, proved wrong, and still would not. So it DOES NOT get posted here.

I respect that, thank you for your answer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
IBTC

ETA: Yesssss [/Napoleon Dynomite]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
IM me and I'll email it to you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We do not post what you speak of, due to the reasons it is "ONE" persons view, and it is not accurate.

ETA: When it was here, that person  was asked to update it, proved wrong, and still would not. So it DOES NOT get posted here.

No offense, but that's a bit of a cop out.  BS opinions get posted here all the time.  The Chart represents just another one.  It may not be 100% accurate, but it gives a good idea of those makers who follow the TDP and those who don't.  I think it's a worthwhile effort, and so do a lot of folks.... it's just that a lot of folks on this site don't like facing that their favorite gun doesn't rank highly on The Chart.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense, but that's a bit of a cop out.  BS opinions get posted here all the time.  The Chart represents just another one.  It may not be 100% accurate, but it gives a good idea of those makers who follow the TDP and those who don't.  I think it's a worthwhile effort, and so do a lot of folks.... it's just that a lot of folks on this site don't like facing that their favorite gun doesn't rank highly on The Chart.

Huh? Gives an idea of who follows the TDP? There's only one maker on that chart that does & that's Colt.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree––sounds like a complete cop out to me.  This is like that stupid movie "The Village" by M Night Shaymalayan or however the heck you spell that idiot's name where there is the "One of Whom We Don't Speak!'   I guess this this is the "Chart of Which We Don't Speak!"  Pathetic, and I thought this was a pretty cool forum.

p.s. Gee––all of this friendly helpful advice, and we still don't know what TOS means.  What a great forum and so helpful too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree––sounds like a complete cop out to me.  This is like that stupid movie "The Village" by M Night Shaymalayan or however the heck you spell that idiot's name where there is the "One of Whom We Don't Speak!'   I guess this this is the "Chart of Which We Don't Speak!"  Pathetic, and I thought this was a pretty cool forum.

It's on M4carbine.net,go look for it there if you want to read it. The mods will take it down if anyone posts it here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#12]

here you go......
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#14]
REDMASTA.............. you made me crack up!!! (AWESOMENESS......hahaha) good one!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]

I noticed they changed the pin size of the 6920 on the chart. Even though I've heard of this change I haven't seen one with it yet other than on my 6940. I wonder

when we will see 6920s coming out with the standard pin size on a consistent basis......
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
Dude that was righteous!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I noticed they changed the pin size of the 6920 on the chart. Even though I've heard of this change I haven't seen one with it yet other than on my 6940. I wonder

when we will see 6920s coming out with the standard pin size on a consistent basis......

IDK when the new batches will actually start getting out there considering that this change was VERY recent and they are so busy pumping out there 6940s.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

when we will see 6920s coming out with the standard pin on a consistent basis......

Another thing is that the chart indicates Colt only has a one year warranty

There used to be a similar chart on this site years ago. No idea why they took it down.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#19]
"Another thing is that the chart indicates Colt only has a one year warranty ."

That is true. I have two 6920's and they only have a 1 year warranty.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wow.

Did you jusy buy them?

Did they come with this card?

ETA: Did Colt recently change policy I wonder?

ETAA: Just checked the plastic paperwork bags for both of my LE6920s, as well as my AR6721. You're right Scorpion, at the rear of each owner's manual the warranty is clearly stated to be 1 year. That being said, each one had a product registration/lifetime service agreement card included as well. I realize that a warranty isn't the same as a service agreement, but I can't help but wonder about the difference...

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:20:12 AM EDT
[#21]
A product service agreement means that they will not deny you the right to have your weapon serviced by the maker for a princely sum.
People get all worked up about "Mil-Spec" and how it is the greatest specification there is, it is ONLY a specification. If you take one part built to minimum spec and mate it with a part built to max spec, you end up with a poor fit.

Remember this, the Beretta M9 is made to "Mil-Spec", you don't see very many people swearing it is the greatest handgun specification in existence.

I spent 24 years in the military, I used to wax floors with genuine "Mil-Spec" floor wax. I had a lot of experience prior to my military service doing floors and let me tell you, the "Mil-Spec" wax was the absolute WORST wax I ever used.

Is it a good spec? Yes. Do your handguards need to be mil-spec? No.

Of course certain things should be "Spec", but when you talk finish, hardness etc..., these things are not as important unless you are putting thousands of rounds through the weapon (for example an IPSC/3 gun shooter) in a year, then yes, these things ARE important.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

they will still fix damn near anything for you fo free,  unles syou narfed it up yourself.    Thats just a CYA thing.    I have never been  charged by them,  and everything wrong was obviously my fault.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

when all the lowers already made are used up. remember how long A2 type sporters came with SP-I lowers even well after the M16A2 took over?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#24]
deleted
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#25]
TOS=the other site(aka m4carbine.net)  i can email the chart to anyone that wants it
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Manufacturers change things, and as far as I know the chart has never been changed.  Therefore is obsolete
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top