Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:18:37 PM EDT
Please tell me about LMT rifles? Good? Bad?  Pros? Cons?  How good is their  one piece upper/handrail combo?
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Definately do a search...there's a ton of info on LMT.

To answer your question: LMT is one of best in the business... arguably.  Im a huge fan of the MRP system. I have a rifle length now and an in the process of building a 10.5 shorty. The down side is that they tend to be a little on the heavy side and the barrel choices are limited do to there proprietary design. If you get the chance, grab one but since the buying panic, there aren't a lot to be found.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
LMT is GTG.
The only thing that people bitch regarding LMT is that they don't park under the FSB
I am not a fan of the MRP because it uses a proprietary barrel
I am however considering taking the plunge on a piston MRP, i will jsut have to live with the barrel
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an LMT Defender 2000 Lower...

F'ing Awesome....
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
MILSPEC..... GTG....... The LMT MRP platform is amazing. Quick chage barrel is great if you want to shoot 6.8SPC. I haven't had any problems with my 2 LMT rifles since I have owned them. Well worth the $$$$$. Buy one and don't look back.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my LMT 14.5" M4!

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
RRA vs LMT.... which one?
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LMT.

Hands down.

I love my LMT m4 defender. Accurate, reliable, and fun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#8]
WHY?
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
LMT all the way.  RRA is nice too, but there is something just "right" about my LMT/Spikes rifle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
lmt is better quality, generally more accurate ect.  LMT is just better as far as tolerances and QC.  Its like comparing a civic(rra, good) to a mercades benz(lmt, better) They also use MPtested bolts and barrels i believe.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WHY?

LMT supplied 10.5" uppers to the navy for their mk18 seal guns.

That was the kicker for me, I'm pretty sure others will chime in with their reason.

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#12]
lmt are sweet,go to the range and shoot somebodys lmt and you`ll be hooked,nice shootin rifles  
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]
After doing a lot of resesarch here, I got an LMT based on ARFCOM user reviews and the fact that they are a supplier to some SF units.  Mil spec is a big deal to me and I have no problem paying a little extra for the additional higher specs they have to meet.

ETA:  My LMT has been flawless so far.  I'm not regretting the decision one bit
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody not like the one piece upper/handrail deal?
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#15]
LMT Kool-Aid is almost as bad as Colt Kool-Aid . Getting anyone to even acknowledge that my LMT might have an issue was tough due to the "fan boy" attitude.

I've had troubles with my LMT , had a difficult time contacting them, and they have had my upper now for 3 weeks . Overall I am not 100% satisfied , if I get back my upper and it works as it should , I will have a higher opinion.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Please tell me about LMT rifles? Good? Bad? Pros? Cons? How good is their one piece upper/handrail combo?
THREAD HERE

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#17]
LMT is currently the "in" brand.  Whether they are dramatically better than everybody else is debatable.  

Stick around awhile.  Something else will become the coolest gun on the block in a few months.  Happens all the time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LMT is currently the "in" brand.  Whether they are dramatically better than everybody else is debatable.  

Stick around awhile.  Something else will become the coolest gun on the block in a few months.  Happens all the time.

LMT has been the "in brand" for a few years now.  Maybe there's a reason for that beyond fad.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a 14.5 inch upper. It's accurate and reliable. I love it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's what I've been wondering...Next year it will be???
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#21]
LMT has been around for a while.....they are not the flavor of the week, and have a solid reputation as one of the best if not the best out there because there product is quality stuff......Do not hesitate to buy LMT you will not be disappointed
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Please tell me about LMT rifles? Good? Bad?  Pros? Cons?  How good is their  one piece upper/handrail combo?

Top Quality

My Go To
LMT DEFENDER 2000 M4 / Aimpoint/etc

My Back UP
Home Made

Bushmaster/VLTOR Lower
LMT M4 14.5 upper
EOTECH

My carbines a Very accurate and never jam

Home built is just as good as the Defender
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ITS ALL ABOUT  Q.C.

RRA is a nice AR

But I will take the LMT upper any day

To me the lowers are equal

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't get me wrong...I'd buy one in a heart beat!  Just can't beleive people rank them with Noveske
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LMT Kool-Aid is almost as bad as Colt Kool-Aid . Getting anyone to even acknowledge that my LMT might have an issue was tough due to the "fan boy" attitude.

I've had troubles with my LMT , had a difficult time contacting them, and they have had my upper now for 3 weeks . Overall I am not 100% satisfied , if I get back my upper and it works as it should , I will have a higher opinion.

dude just 3 years ago It took forever to get my M4

Now its panic buying time

LMT is Extra  Busy

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dude just 3 years ago It took forever to get my M4

Now its panic buying time

LMT is Extra  Busy

It took me from June til 3 weeks ago to talk to them about the issue.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Love love LOVE my Piston LMT MRP. Has over 1500 rounds through it without a single event that is even CLOSE to a hiccup.

Loved it so much 3 weeks later i snagged a second Defender 2000 lower for use as an SBR (10.5 LMT upper).
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I got my LMT 16" M4 Upper 7 months ago before the rush, sure glad I did. Great QC and workmanship, I ended up buying a stripped DPMS lower and a LMT LPK , stock  and made a great Carbine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#29]
LMT offers something that no other manufacture does.  The MRP platform.  What other rifle is available that you can change barrel length and/or calibers in less than 30 seconds?  
Can't say Magpul Masada/ACR, it's not out yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LMT offers something that no other manufacture does.  The MRP platform.  What other rifle is available that you can change barrel length and/or calibers in less than 30.

Not true... The Vltor VIS system is very similar with the one piece railed upper and offers one possitive side vs the LMT: No proprietary barrels.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Build your own AR. Your going to change 50% of it anyways. Stock, grip, forend, rear sight, Accuwedge.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMT offers something that no other manufacture does.  The MRP platform.  What other rifle is available that you can change barrel length and/or calibers in less than 30.

Not true... The Vltor VIS system is very similar with the one piece railed upper and offers one possitive side vs the LMT: No proprietary barrels.

So your saying that you can quick change barrels and calibers on the Vltor VIS?????  I wasn't stating that LMT offers the only mono rail, I was talking about it's adaptability.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Thats what I've been told

http://www.vltor.com/vis.htm
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thats what I've been told

http://www.vltor.com/vis.htm

Where are you seeing that???  I looked at that page. You can't quick change barrels on the VIS.  If there is barrel nuts etc required for installation, it's not a quick change system.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Buy the MRP.  My 10.5 is a flawless workhorse and I coud not ask for better.  

I could care less about the no park. under the FSB.  LMT is the new Colt.

The solid upper is perfect and the fact the LMT uses real Machine gun steel 4150 and not 4140 like RRA and Bushmster is what sold me on the LMT.

LMT barels are reportedly ROCK barrels...some of the best $$$ can buy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#37]
1-7 twist  though.... will this stabalize 55 grain?
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
1-7 twist  though.... will this stabalize 55 grain?

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I did my research here on arfcom and looked at my budget and I decided to go LMT. I ordered the upper first from BravoCompanyUSA.com last June and bought the Defender lower from PKfirearms in autumn. 2-stage triggers are fantastic and the SOPMOD stock could knock a man out. I wasn't crazy about the ergo-grip. It felt good but the plug sucked. I ended up putting a MIAD on it. The upper to lower fit is a little loose but nothing I wouldn't expect out of a combat ready rifle. Accuracy could be better but I have a feeling that has more to do with me, my Aimpoint calibration, and the shitty ammo I use than anything with the rifle. I can't say that I would trust my life to it just yet because I had some feeding issues the last time I was at the range. I use PMAGs (which don't drop free incidentally) and maybe the BCG wasn't lubed enough but it was hanging up on the cartridge with the bullet partially entering the breach. Disturbing and the first time that's happened to me in over 200 rounds. It is still a very young rifle. I think my LMT just needs a little TLC. I don't clean it as often as I should. They are excellent rifles and, in spite of my hang-up, I would do it all over again and can recommend LMT as a worthy fighting rifle. Did I mention that the 2-stage trigger is absolute heaven? So easy a three-year-old could pull it (and no gun is worth having if a three-year-old can't pull the trigger! ).
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#40]
For two years , I wanted to buy an AR, and one day  I went inside a gun store(by the way I am in Canada) and that store had more than 20 AR's on the shelf and in the safe(which is very rare in Canada)
They were so nice , that they allowed me to try each one of them.
Every time they handed me an LMT regardless the size of the barrel , that gun was a beauty.

I bought an LMT MRP CQB, and I do not regret it for one second.

It Shoot 1" groups@100yards with iron sights and cheap UMC 55gr bullets.

What can I ask more.

Go and buy one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#41]
LMT is the way to go.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top