Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2008 3:54:45 AM EDT
does anyone here have any knowledge  of LRB lowers?

are they low shelf,how is the quality,fit finish?
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
damn i thought ar15 was all knowing!
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Good lower!
Made by the same prople who make their M14 recievers JVP in Seymour CT.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
They are low shelf. I am using one now for a build. I have not completed it however.

They are made by J V Precision Machine Company for LRB JVP also makes the lowers for Double Star.

The pic of the lower on the LRB website does not do it justice. I especially like the logo. They are Mil-Spec and made in the USA. I have not heard anything negative about them.

AR Lower Receiver FAQ's and comparisons
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen them used in 4 builds, between my friends, and myself. All went together perfectly, all uppers fit right. Color, fit and finish were excellent.I would not hesitate to use them again.
I would consider not using the parts sets that I got from LRB ie, one mag release button was undersize, one kit was missing the bolt catch, and one trigger seemed a bit off ( very hard trigger pull, I switched in a spare bushmaster trigger, and it was fine).
No regrets, and if I buy another lower, it will be LRB.
HTH,
DanG
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Are all LRB's made by the same company?  The reason I ask is I saw two on Tuesday that did not have the logo and the name stamping was quite different. The receivers were the lowest price in the shop but I did not know anything about them.  They did not look to be as well made as the DPMS and LMT that the shop had and the DPMS was only 7 dollars more so I bought two of them insteed of the LRB.  If the LRB's are indeed as nice as the others then I'd gladly buy them.  Anyway is it psoible someone else is making LRB's with out the logo or do they have two grades of receivers? Donald
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Just bought my 2nd LRB lower last week. Very well made. Although the roll marks for the fire and safe, are a bit different on this lower. I'm happy with them. I don't think I will use any other lower, for future builds. I go to LRB and buy right there , so the price is pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]

donws2 , All the ones that I've seen were stamped the same, this over a period of 2 years . I think they were marked " JV Precision " or something similiar to that.
HTH,
DanG
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#9]
DanG I went back  to the store and the two LRB's are sold.  I did not see a JV Precision
mark anywhere the first time and I think I read it could be at the pistol grip attachment lug.  Anyway the marks as I remember are something like:

L R B    Arms                or            L. R. B.    Arms
        Model No.   AR-15                                 same
       Calibre 223/5.56mm                                
     Somewhere, State  USA                    
        S/N.   xxxxxxxxxx

Other than Safe/Fire I do not remember any other marks.  The over all quality reminds me of the cast DPMS receivers from the early 90's.  The pictures on another thread on this site are nothing like what I saw.  If they had been half that nice I would have grab them.  But it's not a total lost as they still had several DPMS at 120.00 so I bought two more.  Now I have six new recievers and only two parts kits on order.  Well I'll plenty of projects for the winter.  Donald
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are some pics of my LRB lowers. I stopped in at LRB arms last week and picked up the stripped on in the pics.

Here are some pics of my other LRB arms lower from a build earlier this year.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#11]
bump. i have a friend that works at jv. really nice company, big place, friendly too. my buddy just asked his boss if he can show me around, he was perfectly fine with it, he just had to ask if i was affliated with any other rifle manufacturers.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Great lowers, and the guys at LRB are fine people that I really enjoy doing business with.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Too much markings for me

I like STERILE myself but it only matters to the owner

Most Quality Lowers are GTG
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#14]
my next/first build is gonna have my hometown on the side of it. LRB
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I've had a few, 0 issues, std mil spec lower, great people too.
IIRC, their LPK's are dpms, take that for what its worth.

I personally won't go near the store anymore though:
Every time I've gone in there, I come out wanting to blow 6K on a M14 clone.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
LRB lowers are great. Picked one up in Oct. and have zero issues with it. Go for it!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
shop.thesecondamendmentfirearms.com

I just ordered a lower from this company. $85.00, no shipping.

Looks like the m15sa picture above.

Add was in SGN.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've had a few, 0 issues, std mil spec lower, great people too.

IIRC, their LPK's are dpms, take that for what its worth.

I personally won't go near the store anymore though:

Every time I've gone in there, I come out wanting to blow 6K on a M14 clone.

+1

I currently have 7 rifles or carbines with LRB lowers, a few years back they would make you a hell of a deal on a dozen.

They are not as pretty as my LaRue or Tactical Inovations billets, but they are just as functional.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are low shelf. I am using one now for a build. I have not completed it however.

They are made by J V Precision Machine Company for LRB JVP also makes the lowers for Double Star.

The pic of the lower on the LRB website does not do it justice. I especially like the logo. They are Mil-Spec and made in the USA. I have not heard anything negative about them.

AR Lower Receiver FAQ's and comparisons

Same here.

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I got one and it has loads of flash around the trigger area. It is also the tightest fit with Pmags between my Bushy and Ameetec. Not bad for $79 but not great.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I moved my LMT 14.5" upper to one in order to use my LMT lower for my MK18 clone.  I have fired about 2000 rounds from this lower with my LMT upper.  Here's some observations about the lower...

Pros

• I paid $99 for mine in January of this year (right when Obama madness was at it's peak) so the price and availability are good

• Attractive roll mark and markings.  Purely aesthetic but I much prefer it over other lowers.

• A1'ish rear take down pin detent channel.  This would make this lower right at home for an A1 based build, but something like a SoDak A1 would be better.

• Colt LPK dropped right in without drama

• Finish is nice and even, anodizing is in no way purple

Cons

• VERY tight with all PMAGs (including new generation) which really sucks. EMAGs and USGI Al mags work well though.

• Front and rear take down pin holes are slightly over sized.  Not a big deal but I did notice it.

• Lots of flash lines and cutting/tooling marks.

• Lots of sharp edges, especially the trigger guard "ears"

All in all it is a good buy for the price.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#22]
In some pics they look a greyish color. Is it just the pics or are they a dull color? Do they match new uppers well?
Dustin
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine is a good match to Colt and LMT finishes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I had one of their lowers that I picked up from a local ffl earlier in the year. Overall it looked good execpt for some tooling marks in the trigger area. Ended up selling it because I decided I wasn't going to use it for a while and figured someone else could use it. Ended up selling it and a dpms lower parts kit to someone local at cost.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#25]
i just finished my first build with this lower. the finish is a dead match with the sundevil upper i used. i bought the lower because i liked the cannon ball, and cannons. there were no sharp edges on mine. inside the trigger guard has a raised ridge  just behind magizine well. i will post some pics of my build very soon. b
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I have an LRB lower as well and like it.

Funny thing is how similar their roll mark is to Springfield Armory. It isnt exact, but I cant figure out how they pulled it off without some sort of lawsuit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I have two and live nearby LRB.   I think JV had to stop putting name on grip lug, and put it above selector like other mfg's do.

A few of my friends have them and are perfect.  Mine are different than my friends.  They may have had some qc issues trying to keep up with the AR demand of recent.  My two were bought at tail end of AR craziness and have very snug mag wells.  May go by and see if he can correct the situation.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top