Site Notices
Page / 89
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:49:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrJonesandMe] [#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:32:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kobi:

Wonder if that's actually in a combat zone? I don't think a 20 round mag would be my first choice if that's the case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wonder if that's actually in a combat zone? I don't think a 20 round mag would be my first choice if that's the case.

Most likely it is.  1911 mags on the PC (the majority of USMC SOF use the 1911 as their primary sidearm), IUID tag on the M4 lower, as well as terrain lead me to believe that was most likely taken while still on AD.

20's really aren't that bad.  They're really great for being inside vehicles and they make the rifle a little lighter when trekking for miles on end when you're not expecting imminent contact with the enemy.  Having a bunch of buddies with guns that include belt-feds also overcomes the majority of the issues with you being the "first to reload" as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That's not Haley. Or a Marine for that matter. The 1911 is a little peculiar though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#4]
His patch is the Oregon national guard (41st IBCT). Those are issue airtronic/checkmate beretta mags in his D3 chest rig, not 1911 mags, and given the kit, issue rifle, and terrain, looks like RC-South to me... I believe it was his Facebook page because a solider was showing off his D3 chest rig while deployed... Good advertising.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
His patch is the Oregon national guard (41st IBCT). Those are issue airtronic/checkmate beretta mags in his D3 chest rig, not 1911 mags, and given the kit, issue rifle, and terrain, looks like RC-South to me... I believe it was his Facebook page because a solider was showing off his D3 chest rig while deployed... Good advertising.
View Quote

BINGO!

I don't see how anyone could think that is a Marine and that he has M1911.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warpig] [#7]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

Most likely it is. wrong. 1911 mags on the PC (the majority All of USMC SOF use the 1911 as their primary sidearm), IUID tag on the M4 lower, as well as terrain lead me to believe that was most likely taken while still on AD.

20's really aren't that bad.  They're really great for being inside vehicles and they make the rifle a little lighter when trekking for miles on end when you're not expecting imminent contact with the enemy.  Having a bunch of buddies with guns that include belt-feds also overcomes the majority of the issues with you being the "first to reload" as well.
View All Quotes

Most likely it is. wrong. 1911 mags on the PC (the majority All of USMC SOF use the 1911 as their primary sidearm), IUID tag on the M4 lower, as well as terrain lead me to believe that was most likely taken while still on AD.

Very few, if any, operational Marines wear Multi-cam. We have MARPAT in garrison & training. When Travis was on AD Multi-cam was rarely used (by US forces) & very very few UID tags. We also don't wear USMC specific unit patches on the sleeves of our cammies either.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By warpig8654:

Very few, if any, operational Marines wear Multi-cam. We have MARPAT in garrison & training. When Travis was on AD Multi-cam was rarely used (by US forces) & very very few UID tags. We also don't wear USMC specific unit patches on the sleeves of our cammies either.
View All Quotes

Looks like I stand corrected.  

After clicking on the picture and zooming it in, those appear to be M9 mags as well on the PC.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warpig] [#9]

After clicking on the picture and zooming it in, those appear to be M9 mags as well on the PC.
View All Quotes

I just want you to understand that I was not trying to be a prick. Too many folks get offended around here (not saying you were-just saying :). I was just constructively pointing some things out. No worries.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#10]

I just want you to understand that I was not trying to be a prick. Too many folks get offended around here (not saying you were-just saying :). I was just constructively pointing some things out. No worries.
View All Quotes

No offense taken.  It's always good to get a reminder to remain silent unless you're absolutely positive about what you're saying.  My experience with the USMC is pretty much non-existent so I shouldn't have commented.

Thank you for pointing out my errors.  

I still stand by my comment about the 20 round mags though.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Those look like M9 mags, because of the ridge at the base of the mag
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: concept2w] [#12]
The Glass Clown

With Leupold mount

Railed

Colt LE ( badge of honor) with POSP 6x42WD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The SU-231 etching is on the Eotech but it's not showing up due to the lighting.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#14]
Since prices on quality gear is basically at rock bottom right now I took advantage of it. Picked up this new LMT M4 upper, LMT M16 BCG, CH and Larue 7.0" rail for $550 shipped on TOS (though I swapped for a BCM Mod 4 CH, I'll keep the LMT in the spares box). Got a decent deal on the Daniel Defense sight. I slapped it on my spare lower which is an RRA with Daniel Defense LPK, BCM receiver extension, H2 buffer and IWC end plate. Threw on a spare M4 stock and Knights broom stick. All in it was sub $1000. I dig it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]

My quasi deployment carbine clone. My real one was a M4A1 fielded by NSW so as far as function this one is getting there, as far as brand of parts not even close.

Left to get are TANGODOWN Mk46 vertical grip, sure fire M600C Scout, COLT side sling swivel, AIMPOINT PRO or COMP M3 (the one mounted was borrowed from my SBR), SOPMOD stock.

Already have a BUIS so not spending the money on a KAC 300 meter or a KAC RAS since I have my $32 TROY special drop in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AMMOTECH] [#17]
Colt LE 6920 M4

Troy/VTAC Delta rail
Trijicon Reflex {4.5 MOA}
Geissele SSA
BCM Pistol grip & Charging Handle
CTR stock
BFG sling
Surefire X300 (500L)

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 6:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#18]
BCM 14.5 SOPMOD in "fall" camo

DSC_5011 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr

DSC_5005 by The Dorsal Fin, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AMMOTECH:
Colt LE 6920 M4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/AMMOTECH/KIMG0040_zps464d3171.jpg

Troy/VTAC Delta rail
Trijicon Reflex {4.5 MOA}
Geissele SSA
View Quote

How is the heat transfer on that Troy/VTAC during a rapid string of fire?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes, that is Afghanistan.That is also correct that it is the 41st IBCT patch and that is actually RC capital.  Its a training facility and range for ANA I've been to about a dozen times now and got to blow some stuff up. Can't really say too much without command getting upset as we are still over here... even though that guy put a picture on the internet.  Nothing OPSEC about it but they get upset easily. The 20 round mag is probably because we are mostly in mraps the whole time and the guy probably thinks its easier to stow.  I don't have a problem with 30 rounders and even kept 40 round magpul mags on my kit for a while.  No one has 1911s here where I am at. Even the few marines I have run into have m9s.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22] [#24]

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#25]
Nice pics!  Thank you for serving!!

What in the hell are they feeding/did feed you over there?  Dog food with marshmallows?  
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]

NC? 37 PSR?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

What in the hell are they feeding/did feed you over there?  Dog food with marshmallows?  
View Quote

That is government issued corned beef hash
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully it tasted better than it looks.  LOL.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:

no
View All Quotes

no

Sorry to hear.  I never know what it's like for you guys over there.  Part of me thinks you get a lot of things over there, but then I wonder if nobody is sending you anything, maybe there are comforts or food and things you don't get to have.  Is there anything you are jonesing for?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Sorry to hear.  I never know what it's like for you guys over there.  Part of me thinks you get a lot of things over there, but then I wonder if nobody is sending you anything, maybe there are comforts or food and things you don't get to have.  Is there anything you are jonesing for?
View All Quotes

no

Things have changed and it depends on where you are. I lived in an old compound that we took over from the Taliban. There were 14 of us living like animals and going on patrols non stop. It was great. It was what being in the military was all about. We got care packages here and there, but most of our food was obtained from the locals. We traded stuff for goats and chickens and eggs. We lived kind of like the locals did, but heavily armed and killed a lot people here and there. As far as having a lot of things, that could not be further from my personal experience. We got mail once every 6 weeks if lucky, but my wife kept me supplies with smokes, jerky, and other things that made life a little a better.

People who end up on Leatherneck or Dwyer, they have it better than most people in some small town. You would not believe the amenities they have. It is all good though. We all play our own part. Once you go without a shower for 7 months you get an appreciation for things and learn not to take things for granted. It was a humbling experience that I am very grateful for.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LocutusofBorg] [#33]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Joe, did you get your gun cerakoted by Precision?

Originally Posted By joe___223:
there is an M4 barrel under there

<a href="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/joet102271/media/PSA-PB-sv_zps94ae673b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/joet102271/PSA-PB-sv_zps94ae673b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/joet102271/media/PSA-PB-engrave_zpsd7ddb442.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b601/joet102271/PSA-PB-engrave_zpsd7ddb442.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Things have changed and it depends on where you are. I lived in an old compound that we took over from the Taliban. There were 14 of us living like animals and going on patrols non stop. It was great. It was what being in the military was all about. We got care packages here and there, but most of our food was obtained from the locals. We traded stuff for goats and chickens and eggs. We lived kind of like the locals did, but heavily armed and killed a lot people here and there. As far as having a lot of things, that could not be further from my personal experience. We got mail once every 6 weeks if lucky, but my wife kept me supplies with smokes, jerky, and other things that made life a little a better.

People who end up on Leatherneck or Dwyer, they have it better than most people in some small town. You would not believe the amenities they have. It is all good though. We all play our own part. Once you go without a shower for 7 months you get an appreciation for things and learn not to take things for granted. It was a humbling experience that I am very grateful for.
View All Quotes

no

Thanks for sharing.   I can't imagine what it would feel like to go that long without showering.  I have gone for a week or so, but I swear it adds to an overall feeling of irritation and being ornary that must be kind of hard to dodge the longer you go on.  Thank you for doing what you did.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#36]
" />
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#37]

I've got a KAC M4 RAS kit on the way and I want to swap the barrel for a pinned 14.5.  I'll probably swap the carry handle out for an Aimpoint PRO eventually.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I just happened to click on this thread and saw your post right off. I loved eating corned beef hash in the military. Don't know why? It became my favorite food. When I came home my mother fixed me what she called "real" corned beef hash. I was like WTF is this? The closest thing I've found is canned corned beef hash and my mother calls it "dog food", lol. Brings back memmories.........
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:30:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't fret there's a m4 barrel under that rail
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#41]
The SU-231 etching is on the Eotech but it's not showing up due to the lighting.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa270/force8654/DSC_1961_zps56af7910.jpg
View Quote

I built one that is similar.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Built this rifle out of spare parts and a lower + LPK I had gotten as a gift. Then traded a spare 20" HBAR barrel for a lightly used 14.5" P/W.

Got a M4 RAS on the way, and I'm thinking a TA01NSN is in the far future. Won't be until after I get night vision, though. I will be replacing the cheap sling with a Blufor NSN sling. Just needed something until then.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 89
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top