Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

New m4A1?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep! New M4A1 and HK M320 acquisition

At my last unit, there were new Aimpoint M4s still in the boxes and not utilized on rifles
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#6]

I like this setup, but have never played with a 4x
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:39:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#7]
My M4 profile Colt:

Colt 6920
Geissele SSA
Daniel Defense Omega Carbine
Aimpoint PRO
Magpul CTR, grip, trigger guard, RVG, and rear MBUS
Tactical Link Z-360 Gen 2 rear QD mount

I have fancier brands, but I love this girl.  She's a Timex.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:23:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FASoldier85] [#8]
Makes me want to build more lovely rifles
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, did a little work on my M-4 so I thought I'd post up the pics:

Colt LEO Carbine with knights rail, foregrip, and bible ACOG that went to Iraq with me.  Matech buis, magpul stock and grip.  Internals are stock.  Also mounts the top rail m203 sight.  CAA mag holder on the rail and magpouch on the butt (like I had in Iraq).

The addition is on the end.  I have never liked how the bayonet mounts up to an AR-15.  So I decided to change it by swapping out the birdcage flash boxer for something different.  Different indeed...I've always liked the long flash hiders that 308 rifles had (M-14 for example), so I found one that could possibly work - the L1A1.

In order to get it to work I had to get an adapter that would allow me to go fro1/2 x 28 to 9/16 x 24.  Then I had to cut the back end of the flash boxer off so I could get to the threads.  Then I had to find something to take up some space, so two M14 size lockwashers worked.

Now, she's definitely low speed and high drag like me...can't think I've ever seen this set up before.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:

The biggest downside is it's just needlessly heavier.  If it was a skinny barrel and an A1 upper, I wouldn't mind.  But I don't mind the "chin weld" everyone has a knipshin about.  It still shoots pretty well.  I won't argue that it's the BEST way to do things though.  But it is kind of cool.   I'd rather have that mounted on the flat top, because despite it being a knock off, it works well.  But that's the rub, since it's cheap it doesn't seem to fit properly in an ACOG mount.  It's not seating well in the channel and I'm not sure what to do about it.  Finslayer sent me a compact ACOG mount to try.  Out of the goodness of his heart.  Which was super nice of him.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
My m4 for deployment, haven't added anything too fancy to it. removed the Knights arm. rail covers because they suck holding the rifle with flight gloves on.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#12]

3rd and most recent addition .
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Just posting a pic.

I don't get it, what is so hard?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
How about a really ugly 16" M4?

Rifle stared life as a blem PSA M4 upper, and had a rattle can paint job on it for a while.   Decided to put it back to black and used some aircraft stripper to get most of the paint off.  After removing 95% of the paint I actually liked the "worn" look so just left it.   The carry handle and grip were not on the rifle before paint, so are "fresh" black vs. the rest of the parts.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I like it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:
How about a really ugly 16" M4?

Rifle stared life as a blem PSA M4 upper, and had a rattle can paint job on it for a while.   Decided to put it back to black and used some aircraft stripper to get most of the paint off.  After removing 95% of the paint I actually liked the "worn" look so just left it.   The carry handle and grip were not on the rifle before paint, so are "fresh" black vs. the rest of the parts.
View Quote

There is just something sexy about a plain jane M4gery with no go-fast gear.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy91K:

View Quote

I agree.  Looking in my safe I saw a lot of good stuff that works well on the guns it is on, but other than my A4 NM, didn't have another "plane" AR-15.  So this became just that.

And its a lot uglier in person...the camera was definitely kind.  Lots of discoloration from partially removed paint as well as use. But that's as it should be!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#19]

I agree.  Looking in my safe I saw a lot of good stuff that works well on the guns it is on, but other than my A4 NM, didn't have another "plane" AR-15.  So this became just that.

And its a lot uglier in person...the camera was definitely kind.  Lots of discoloration from partially removed paint as well as use. But that's as it should be!
View All Quotes

Dammit, you and the whiskey have convinced me I need to turn those two spare carry handles I have floating around into KISS M4's.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#20]

View Quote

I agree.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Unfired 14.5 Colt M4A1 with a matech and streamlight with a sirefire IR flip cap and my SBR lower.it's.......it makes me feel like I am home again. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a few

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:47:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Think this one is gonna stay this way for good now and I'll move on to building something else.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadsquiggles] [#27]
This is my most recently completed build.

Aero Precision Upper
Anderson Lower
16" PSA FSB Nitrided 1-7 Barrel
M4 Handguard
AIM Surplus Nitrided BCG
Raptor Charging Handle
Matech Rear Sight
Primary Arms 2.5x Prism on GDI E-model QD mount
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:47:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Pair of Colts.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Double Star Upper.
AR57 "AR FIFTEEN" lower
Ruger Elite 452 trigger
CMMG LPK
De-nubbed A2 grip.
S@W stock and buffer assembly.

I love my M4-gery. It was the first AR I ever built or owned and it is quite a frankengun but it's always gone bang.  The only issues I have had were magazine (thermold) and ammo (case head separation) related.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyNavy75] [#30]
Attachment Attached File

Colt on left, LMT on right
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I just bought that same light. Can't say I'm going to tape it to my rifle though.

Gordie Boucher huh? You ain't too far from me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:06:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#33]
That gorilla tape dough......  

I know it's not the most ideal set up.  Although I'm not really sure there is anything overly wrong with it.  I suppose if you were really beating the rifle the tape might come lose or give way.   I'm trying to keep the weight down too......  That light is perfect for home defense, IMHO.  Anything brighter and I'm losing my sight even just splashing it momentarily on the floor.   And I can pretty much light up to the edge of my yard.  Which obviously isn't huge.  

Yeah, we bought 2 cars from them now.  It just worked out that way.   I never noticed you were a flatlander.  My Dad and Grandma live in McHenry.   I have to do the ole, stop at the border ans unload my carry gun and stick it in the trunk in a case when I go visit.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
That gorilla tape dough......  

I know it's not the most ideal set up.  Although I'm not really sure there is anything overly wrong with it.  I suppose if you were really beating the rifle the tape might come lose or give way.   I'm trying to keep the weight down too......  That light is perfect for home defense, IMHO.  Anything brighter and I'm losing my sight even just splashing it momentarily on the floor.   And I can pretty much light up to the edge of my yard.  Which obviously isn't huge.  

Yeah, we bought 2 cars from them now.  It just worked out that way.   I never noticed you were a flatlander.  My Dad and Grandma live in McHenry.   I have to do the ole, stop at the border ans unload my carry gun and stick it in the trunk in a case when I go visit.  
View Quote
That's one of the few perks about living here, my CCW covers 30-something states. I live in Boone Co, can practically smell WI from my house.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
That's one of the few perks about living here, my CCW covers 30-something states. I live in Boone Co, can practically smell WI from my house.
View Quote

If that's the case we both know you've been to the Dells at least once.  

I used to work at Noah's Ark, till some asshole accused me of theft (with naturally zero evidence because I wasn't fcking doing it) and I told 'em to pound sand.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

If that's the case we both know you've been to the Dells at least once.  

I used to work at Noah's Ark, till some asshole accused me of theft (with naturally zero evidence because I wasn't fcking doing it) and I told 'em to pound sand.  
View Quote
Nope, never been there. I've only lived here about 3.5 years.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#38]
In my opinion, the Highlight of the Dells isn't all the water parks.  It's the Ducks.  That's the only reason I like to go.  Although there is a strong possibility to have some fun go karting there.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#39]
In my opinion, the Highlight of the Dells isn't all the water parks.  It's the Ducks.  That's the only reason I like to go.  Although there is a strong possibility to have some fun go karting there.  
View Quote

Back in the mid-to-late 90's, i would have agreed with you.  then the lawyers who run Big Chief bought out all the other places and put their 3mph top speed crapshow everywhere.  SOOOOO SLOOOWWW.  The Grand Prix style track at Riverview Park was the best by far.

There's parts about it I miss, to be sure.  Fishing with dad on the river being the biggest.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Are only bird cages allowed? What about for a pinned 14.5"?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackfly53] [#41]
Originally Posted By KingRollo:
Are only bird cages allowed? What about for a pinned 14.5"?
View Quote

Any muzzle device that brings the barrel OAL to 16"
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By blackfly53:

Any muzzle device that brings the barrel OAL to 16"
View Quote

I see. I thought there may be a specific to cloning. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Back in the mid-to-late 90's, i would have agreed with you.  then the lawyers who run Big Chief bought out all the other places and put their 3mph top speed crapshow everywhere.  SOOOOO SLOOOWWW.  The Grand Prix style track at Riverview Park was the best by far.

There's parts about it I miss, to be sure.  Fishing with dad on the river being the biggest.  
View All Quotes

The two man tank battle game going away killed it for me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#44]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

The two man tank battle game going away killed it for me.
View Quote

I have a funny story at big chief.  That older one when we were younger was an awesome track.  And the only reason I say you might have fun is they build some elaborate tracks.  So yeah, I get you there if they are much slower.   Anyways....  one time we were coming in to end the race and my foot was hung up and I couldn't hit the brake and I rammed my friend pretty good from behind because he was in front of me.  And the dude working there got really pissed at me and kicked us off.  LOL.  It was kind of a bummer because it was a lot of fun.  But we had ran it a couple times before that happened.  I don't really remember what happened.  I'm not sure if the brake was on the left and that confused me because I was looking for it with my right foot like when I drive a car....  I remember something was goofy about it though.  LOL.  Either that or I was just being dumb.  I was only 17 at the time.  So yeah....  I have to do the math it was 1989.  

I never heard about these tank fights.........!!!!

This is the first time I've ever seen the QRP2 mount on an issued gun....  Oh wait, that's an M4S, eh? ......  never mind....  LOL.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By KingRollo:

I see. I thought there may be a specific to cloning. Thanks
View Quote

I digress, as far as cloning is regarded, A2's are preferred.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#46]
If you have the 14.5" barrel already or want one, then you can use an extended A2 to make it legal (perm'd).
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I have come to the conclusion that I need an unpinned 14.5" M4. Gonna work on that soon. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
I have come to the conclusion that I need an unpinned 14.5" M4. Gonna work on that soon. 
View Quote
SBR all the things.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GSL:
SBR all the things.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
SBR all the things.
Think I'm gonna form 1 my Defender 2000 lower and get a 14.5" M4 upper with full auto carrier from LMT. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:08:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#50]
I built this up from a stripped Colt 6920 lower with a Geissele G2S, Magpul MIAD, and CTR.

The upper receiver was a used, beat up C AF marked M4 upper. Barrel is a brand new Colt 14.5" SOCOM heavy barrel. I sent it to ADCO and they permanently attached the Phantom 51t flash hider. Finished it off with an older KAC M4 RAS, KAC micro BUIS, BCM mod 4 charging handle and an AIM Surplus black nitride V2 bcg w/ C158 bolt. Pictured with AAC 556SD and an HK mag.

Page / 89
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top