Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/26/2008 8:55:56 PM EDT
I decided to to get into the AR-15 platform. I'm on a budget so I got an Olympic Arms Plinker Plus to start off with. I also bought 2 Brownells 30 round magazines. I got it home and much to my dismay, the magazines don't fit. heyI am going to keep running into issues with things fitting this rifle?
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Olympic Arms PCR AR-15 and mags fit it just fine.  What mag came with the rifle?  Maybe get a hold of USGI mags and try it?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It came with a C Products mag. I also noticed that the C Products mag is marked 5.56mm. I wouldn't think that would make a difference.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
out of spec magwells are not unusual for olympic rifles.

get out a file

Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
it doesnt make a diffrence if your mag is marked 5.56 or 223. olympic is known for many things a tight mag well is just one of them. like zack said get out a file. it doesnt mean you bought a bad rifle your just going to need to fit and finish it a little to get it to run.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn't it be a better idea to take it back, prove it to the shop, and get his money back to invest in another rifle?  Seems like a situation of pay once or pay forever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Do the two mags fit at all or just tight/not drop-free? Cproduct's says he uses Olympic mag wells to QA test his mags for dropping free. Don't know what Brownell's uses.
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a buddy who just sent back three Brownell mags for the very same reason, yet he owns two Bushmasters and one Colt.  Brownell seems to be the culprit, but I never pulled out a ruler so I don't know what the measurements are.
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Problem fixed! I took the rifle back and spent the extra cash to get a Bushmaster XM15-E2S. Mags fit like a glove! You can just tell by holding this thing it's better built.
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Problem fixed! I took the rifle back and spent the extra cash to get a Bushmaster XM15-E2S. Mags fit like a glove! You can just tell by holding this thing it's better built.

Good call and great news that your dealer accepted the exchange.  Any rifle can have issues but you should be happy with the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the same Bushmaster.  It was my first AR, its good one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wise move. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

pics or it didnt happen
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]
They will be in the M4 Pic thread today.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top