Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Dakota Tactical D54P
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#7]
@Marksman14

Nice. Did you do the install? I need to buy a Mod 2 gas block nut wrench just so I have it handy. Thought about making one myself, but too lazy so far.

Honestly, I'd like to pull it apart just to study it (Mod 2 gas system).

Originally Posted By Blackfoot_7:
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/764/WHiGAh.jpg
View Quote

Good choice. Love NF.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s a factory AAC MPW 9 SBR but I came with a URX3.1on it.  Can I play?

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By compuvette: It’s a factory AAC MPW 9 SBR but I came with a URX3.1on it.  Can I play? https://i.imgur.com/UlxtNkG.jpg
View Quote
Nice rifle compuvette.  Thank you for posting it
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
My first and only KAC build. I threw money at parts until whatever this is came together.

Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

@Marksman14

Nice. Did you do the install? I need to buy a Mod 2 gas block nut wrench just so I have it handy. Thought about making one myself, but too lazy so far.

Good choice. Love NF.
View Quote
I did. Bought a wrench from Cole here on the forum. Easiest gas system to install and or remove once you have the right tools!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:01:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#12]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
I did. Bought a wrench from Cole here on the forum. Easiest gas system to install and or remove once you have the right tools!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Marksman14

Good choice. Love NF.
Nice. I need to pick one of his wrenches up.

Is there a shim between the gas block and the castle nut? Also, did you pull the gas tube from the block or did you leave it attached? Operation Parts lists a gas tube "sleeve" that I'm assuming goes between the nut on the gas tube and the gas block, but I'm not positive since I haven't had mine apart yet. It almost looks like it acts as a crush sleeve and needs to be replaced each time the block and tube are separated. KAC part number for the part I'm referring to is 30582.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Is there a shim between the gas block and the castle nut? Also, did you pull the gas tube from the block or did you leave it attached? Operation Parts lists a gas tube "sleeve" that I'm assuming goes between the nut on the gas tube and the gas block, but I'm not positive since I haven't had mine apart yet. It almost looks like it acts as a crush sleeve and needs to be replaced each time the block and tube are separated. KAC part number for the part I'm referring to is 30582.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20180430_100402-530068.JPG
View Quote
There is a shim between the block and nut. I leave the entire tube/gas block assembly together. And another +1 for Cole's tool. The Mod 2 is really easy to work on once you have the tool.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:25:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#14]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
There is a shim between the block and nut. I leave the entire tube/gas block assembly together. And another +1 for Cole's tool. The Mod 2 is really easy to work on once you have the tool.
View All Quotes

Thanks. Still wondering about that sleeve from anyone who's pulled the block and tube apart.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
This.

I’ve never taken the tube off so I can’t confirm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#16]
This.

View All Quotes

This.

Thanks. Seems like everyone I've asked about it that's taken the Mod 2 gas system apart never removed the tube from the block. More reason to get the wrench from Cole and take it apart myself just to satisfy my own curiosity.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 4:24:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#17]
NF 1-8x mil on KAC SR-15 Match Rifle.  I hope to sight it in this Friday.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey that’s a good looking set up. Nice to see someone else using the KAC Mount too for their NX8. I didn’t know there was a mil/Leo only version with capped turrets but I’m happy with my purchase. I wrote a review In the Optics section, please stop by and add your thoughts. This scope is taking a lot of heat from guys who’ve never even handled one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
If it's anything like A/N hydraulic hardline (which is what it looks like), that will slip under the nut but over the tube to press the flare of the tube against the block.

My explanation kinda sucks, but I've dealt with those types of fittings in my job and it makes sense in my head.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 7:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leonitus] [#20]
The analogy of the gas tube is correct. The fitting is very close to that of an AN hydraulic fitting. The part number 30582 is a bearing surface of sorts. It distributes the clamping force of the nut while acting as a bearing surface, protecting the gas tube’s flare from rotational damage.

Here’s a thread from Kevin B about the gas system on the Mod 2

Knights Mod 2 gas system
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:53:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#21]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

If it's anything like A/N hydraulic hardline (which is what it looks like), that will slip under the nut but over the tube to press the flare of the tube against the block.

My explanation kinda sucks, but I've dealt with those types of fittings in my job and it makes sense in my head.
View Quote
Originally Posted By Leonitus:
The analogy of the gas tube is correct. The fitting is very close to that of an AN hydraulic fitting. The part number 30582 is a bearing surface of sorts. It distributes the clamping force of the nut while acting as a bearing surface, protecting the gas tube’s flare from rotational damage.

Knights Mod 2 gas system
View Quote
I'm familiar with AN fittings, hydraulic brake lines, and hydraulic hoses on equipment, etc. And I've seen KevinB's thread on the Mod 2 gas system, but it only shows the nut, tube, and block. It doesn't show the sleeve separately, but now that I took another look at it, I can see the top edge of the sleeve sitting inside the nut in one of the photos.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm familiar with AN fittings, hydraulic brake lines, and hydraulic hoses on equipment, etc. And I've seen KevinB's thread on the Mod 2 gas system, but it only shows the nut, tube, and block. It doesn't show the sleeve separately, but now that I took another look at it, I can see the top edge of the sleeve sitting inside the nut in one of the photos.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Knights Mod 2 gas system
Yeah, none of the pics out there have the bushing separated from the nut but you can see it in some pics.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#25]
I'm sorry but that is bad ass. Genuine 20" SR15 match. Is it a Vero Beach lower?

This rifle with a Mk4 Leupold was on cover of an old issue of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, that really got me into ARs and made me a fan of KAC.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, none of the pics out there have the bushing separated from the nut but you can see it in some pics.
View All Quotes

Knights Mod 2 gas system
Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:16:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#27]
View Quote
@karmapolice

Any details on this? Guessing it's an 80%'er that you finished and engraved, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Nice. Great to see one of those MP5 foreend/optics mount systems being used. I'll bet 95% of the people that bought the recent run of them just socked them away never to be released from their KAC-sealed bags and boxes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: karmapolice] [#29]

@karmapolice

Any details on this? Guessing it's an 80%'er that you finished and engraved, but I could be wrong.
View Quote
@871JZ nope it’s one of the orgnial first run vero beach factory SBR’s. It obviously came with kac 11.5” upper with the 7” urx and flip front fsband as a young dude I sold the upper that I should have kept hahaha but honestly I didn’t care for the configuration.  It has a Colt upper, BCG, 14.5” socom bbl on it now. It was a MK18 early on but has been in this configuration for a while, except the can is new.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#30]
Originally Posted By karmapolice:
@871JZ nope it’s one of the orgnial first run vero beach factory SBR’s. It obviously came with kac 11.5” upper with the 7” urx and flip front fsband as a young dude I sold the upper that I should have kept hahaha but honestly I didn’t care for the configuration.  It has a Colt upper, BCG, 14.5” socom bbl on it now. It was a MK18 early on but has been in this configuration for a while, except the can is new.
View All Quotes

@karmapolice

@karmapolice

Very cool! I was guessing an 80% because I didn't see any evidence of a serial number. Until now I wasn't familiar with these lowers. Too bad you sold the original upper. I've also got a KAC lower with a 14.5" SOCOM barreled Mod 1 upper that I'd like to SBR soon. I built it as a Mod 2 look-a-like on a stripped non-ambi KAC lower/Mod 1 SR-15 upper before I bought my "real" Mod 2.

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is a picture from when I bought it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Very cool! I was guessing an 80% because I didn't see any evidence of a serial number. Until now I wasn't familiar with these lowers. Too bad you sold the original upper.
View Quote
Yeah it’s an interesting lower as they are laser etched logo but then it’s actually engraved on the other side and that’s where the serial number is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Here is a picture from when I bought it.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/943/40940580645_cea00c8381_o_d.jpg
View Quote

Yeah it’s an interesting lower as they are laser etched logo but then it’s actually engraved on the other side and that’s where the serial number is.
View Quote
I like it. Thanks for the details.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Nothing special, just photo-blasting my new can...

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/SR-15%20CQB/2c946607-4e96-4bbd-9f11-fb468cdcde0b_zpscibxkk7d.jpg

Cheers
View Quote
Super slick. Love me some NT4!
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Super slick. Love me some NT4!
View Quote
Thanks!  I'm gonna need a taupe one too.

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#37]

@karmapolice

Very cool! I was guessing an 80% because I didn't see any evidence of a serial number. Until now I wasn't familiar with these lowers. Too bad you sold the original upper. I've also got a KAC lower with a 14.5" SOCOM barreled Mod 1 upper that I'd like to SBR soon. I built it as a Mod 2 look-a-like on a stripped non-ambi KAC lower/Mod 1 SR-15 upper before I bought my "real" Mod 2.

https://s14.postimg.cc/5cmyfzboh/20180501_230846.jpg
View Quote
Nice that’s looks good!
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Two is One and One is None.

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Cartel-:
Two is One and One is None.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/863/41571280301_da31b92970_c.jpg
View Quote
White HOT Carlos! Always like seeing those rifles
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#42]

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/SR-15%20CQB/2c946607-4e96-4bbd-9f11-fb468cdcde0b_zpscibxkk7d.jpg

Cheers
View Quote
Very nice
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Thanks!  I'm gonna need a taupe one too.

Cheers
View Quote
Surprised to find out you don't have one already.

Nice that’s looks good!
View Quote
Thanks, man.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:14:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#44]
Originally Posted By swiftimproved220:
Nice rifles and I see that rear sight!
View All Quotes
What's the deal with it? Doesn't look like it has the profile of a standard Micro rear. Also looks tan/FDE.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#45]

cheers
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#46]
I just received the stamp for my Colt "M4 Commando" engraved lower.  Nothing special just a unique lower.  I can't decide if I keep it KISS with the skinny handguards or add a carbine or FF RAS..

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:47:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#47]
Very nice. That MRE/NT4 combo is proving very hard to resist.

ETA: And I vote to keep the Colt SBR kiss as is.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#48]

What's the deal with it? Doesn't look like it has the profile of a standard Micro rear. Also looks tan/FDE.
View Quote
It's a full size 200-600m rear sight that is anodized FDE and I am not real sure of the history/provenance?  I assumed it was from a Block I or II submission that somehow got in the wild.  I've been trying to find an early FDE anodized 99051 to match it as it has more of a bronze-ish color.  I'd trade it for an special run upper receiver if anyone has an extra??

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Thanks!  I'm thinking that a NF 1-4x would be a great optic for the MRE but I kinda like how light it feels with the M2.

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:09:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#50]
I just received the stamp for my Colt "M4 Commando" engraved lower.  Nothing special just a unique lower.  I can't decide if I keep it KISS with the skinny handguards or add a carbine or FF RAS..

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/6933/30629391-ac34-4473-afd1-b967f230c2c9_zpsk6jqrfd9.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/6933/50eafe2a-c65b-4f5f-ae80-7c86d76e9088_zpsxpd9rv0a.jpg

Cheers
View Quote
Nice! I love those Commando lowers. I'd say to keep it KISS. Perfect set-up for a Commando.

It's a full size 200-600m rear sight that is anodized FDE and I am not real sure of the history/provenance?  I assumed it was from a Block I or II submission that somehow got in the wild.  I've been trying to find an early FDE anodized 99051 to match it as it has more of a bronze-ish color.  I'd trade it for an special run upper receiver if anyone has an extra??

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/014b8c5c-5605-4a5f-95fa-64d36ec6f2f9_zps8fe37uwu.jpg

Cheers
View Quote
Very interesting and definitely a very rare piece. Thanks for the info. Also, Geno has/had a couple of the older FDE 99051's at one point. I think they may have been unmarked if I remember correctly, but don't quote me on that. You might try checking in with him and see if he can get you fixed up with one. Just a thought.
Page / 173
Knights gear thread (Page 121 of 173)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top