[#2]
FSGB No. 2 and No. 3

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
http://i.imgur.com/9I20y4r.jpg
View Quote
DAMN!!! I'm assuming 300BLK? I had plans on doing something similar eventually..
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

DAMN!!! I'm assuming 300BLK? I had plans on doing something similar eventually..
View Quote
Yes Sir (:
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Nicely done.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Those look great!  Besides the optics and suppressors, what are the differences, if any, between the NSW and MARSOC CQBRs?

Cheers
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Those look great!  Besides the optics and suppressors, what are the differences, if any, between the NSW and MARSOC CQBRs?

Cheers
View Quote
Nothing else haha.

And thank you!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:46:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: O3scgt] [#10]
thats a good solid group MNRidesHonda

from this weekend

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

It's a 16" right now, but might have it cut to 14.5...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By O3scgt:
thats a good solid group MNRidesHonda

from this weekend

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/PBALLDONKEY/newest_zpsnou1siuq.jpg
View Quote
Is that an acc or apc?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/91637/20170516-180538-209901.JPG

It's a 16" right now, but might have it cut to 14.5...
View Quote
Good looking rifle there CanvasBack.  I'd leave it 16, but in case you need some inspiration, this is my Daniel Defense/URX3 Rifle/14.5" SR-15 E3 gun which could be used in providing you some guidance.

I have a couple 14.5s with URX3 rifle handguards, and some 16s with the same.

What color did you paint yours?

Pic thread:
Magpul MCT magazines are a fairly close match to KAC Taupe.

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

Good looking rifle there CanvasBack.  I'd leave it 16, but in case you need some inspiration, this is my Daniel Defense/URX3 Rifle/14.5" SR-15 E3 gun which could be used in providing you some guidance.

I have a couple 14.5s with URX3 rifle handguards, and some 16s with the same.

What color did you paint yours?
View Quote
Thanks! I enjoy seeing your collection of URX3 rifles. It's some variation of patriot brown I think. A local shop matched that lower as best they could, which I had laying around for a while and wasn't sure what exact color it was. I will probably end up leaving it 16", if nothing else but for ease of swapping muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Is that an acc or apc?
View Quote
just an acc.I snagged it off the EE on here a few months ago.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Only thing I have yet. Really enjoy shooting it though. Lots of that FN stuff they had on sale for $299/1000
Not sure why no picture. New Sr-15 urx3.1
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sle3per] [#17]
Can anyone recommend an armorer that can install a URX 3.1 and mill the upper for a better fit?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Boltcarrier.com

And

Marvin Pitts
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Boltcarrier.com

And

Marvin Pitts
View Quote
Talked to Ayan, he's not currently doing any services. I'll try Marvin next.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is that an acc or apc?
Just an acc hah. How do you like it's accuracy so far? Amy long distance work?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sle3per:
Can anyone recommend an armorer that can install a URX 3.1 and mill the upper for a better fit?
View Quote
Operation Parts also is available.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I've sent multiple emails to Marvin with ZERO response so looks like I'll be contacting operation parts too
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: O3scgt] [#23]

Just an acc hah. How do you like it's accuracy so far? Amy long distance work?
View Quote
Haven't shot it more than 300 yards yet as I really set it up more as a battle rifle than I did a precision rifle.I will say it shoots better than I do and seems to be pretty close to what I was shooting with my ec.I'm planning on shooting it out to 1k when I get some more free time
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By five7guy:
I've sent multiple emails to Marvin with ZERO response so looks like I'll be contacting operation parts too
View Quote
It says on their FB email is the best way to reach them, but ive had the same experience as you. Might try calling?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:19:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#29]
So after trouble shooting I've determined that my knights aimpoint battery cap is causing my aimpoint to turn off during recoil. I swapped back to the original cap with no issues. Anyone else experience this? I'll note that the rubber gasket inside the cap has fallen off. Although I've retained it, it is manually placed in the cap before I screw it on, and am wondering if this is what is causing the issue.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Taupe A2 grip
Taupe 11-rib VB panels (2), 6-rib VB Panel
NT-4 FH (PN 93048)

Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Pretty average pieces. I had a KAC micro rear sight and it was my favorite iron sight. May get another some day
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#33]
So after trouble shooting I've determined that my knights aimpoint battery cap is causing my aimpoint to turn off during recoil. I swapped back to the original cap with no issues. Anyone else experience this? I'll note that the rubber gasket inside the cap has fallen off. Although I've retained it, it is manually placed in the cap before I screw it on, and am wondering if this is what is causing the issue.
View Quote
Silly question because I do not own a battery cap (have five Micros) and get ribbed by all my friends cause they know I prefer KAC products but, I remember when these first came out, you had to use two batteries to ensure proper function. Two because one was a housed as a spare back up battery. Is that still the case and if so, do you have two batteries in there?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drewQ22] [#34]
Wish I had a corn cobb for this. Urx 3.1

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Silly question because I do not own a battery cap (have five Micros) and get ribbed by all my friends cause they know I prefer KAC products but, I remember when these first came out, you had to use two batteries to ensure proper function. Two because one was a housed as a spare back up battery. Is that still the case and if so, do you have two batteries in there?
View Quote
I was thinking about that. It does only have one battery. The other one I thought had gone dead, so I swapped it out, but took the old one out. I'll put a second one in and report back.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#36]

I was thinking about that. It does only have one battery. The other one I thought had gone dead, so I swapped it out, but took the old one out. I'll put a second one in and report back.
View Quote
I have always used two batteries. never an issue plus good to know I have a spare.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Erection @ full-mast.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:00:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jamosdad] [#39]
Mod 1 CQB Pistol SBPDW brace IWS Lower LW URX
I did a Mod 2 pistol on a stripped lower, decided I wanted ambi and a Mod 1 to do a Block 1/2 clone, but then the LW URX came up
I'd planned to spray it a Taupish now undecided
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jamosdad:
Mod 1 CQB Pistol SBPDW brace IWS Lower LW URX
I did a Mod 2 pistol on a stripped lower, decided I wanted ambi and a Mod 1 to do a Block 1/2 clone, but then the LW URX came up
I'd planned to spray it a Taupish now undecided
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/jamosdad/IMG_2498_zpsdkzudijt.jpg
View Quote
Look awesome!

Out of curiosity where did you find an ambi lower that had never had a stock on it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:Look awesome!

Out of curiosity where did you find an ambi lower that had never had a stock on it?
View Quote
It wouldn't matter if it never had a stock on it.  What matters is did it ever have a barreled action on it, if there were a stock in place.  At the time of transfer, a complete lower also gets checked as "other" on the 4473.  A former manager told me that a complete lower with a stock, transferred as a rifle, and I had to show them the reason why they were wrong.  It always transfers as other.

You can buy a complete lower, and if it has a stock on it, and never had a barreled action, you can switch that tube out to a pistol tube.

To further this confusing interpretation, if a lower is built as a pistol first, and then a barreled action placed on it, the lower can be made into a rifle lower with a non-nfa length upper, and then switched back to a pistol configuration later.  If that lower has been built as a rifle lower, and a barreled action placed on it, in it's original configuration, then it must be a rifle forever according to the BATFE.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#42]
You're thinking the same thing I always did. Part of why I sold my Mod 2 stripped lower pistol and did this. A KAC complete lower is sold as a receiver. The stock being on it doesn't make it a rifle receiver until you attach an upper. So if you remove the stock and tube prior to ever attaching an upper it can be a pistol. I found this out because a company who does a good amount of KAC stuff on GB had KAC ambi pistols on their website. I called knowing KAC doesn't sell pistols, but thinking as a dealer maybe he got some lowers without a stock and attached uppers. So I called and he told me how they're transferred and the key is never attaching an upper as thats what classifies it as a rifle, not the stock. Now when it comes to federal prison I don't take anyones word and I called the ATF, or maybe I emailed I can't recall 100%. I asked if I purchase a complete lower receiver, and it's transferred to me as a receiver and has a stock on it. I said can I remove the stock and attach a pistol buffer tube and use it as a pistol. Assuming it has never had an upper receiver attached. There answer was of course confusing at first, going into once a rifle can't be a pistol etc etc, but the bottom line was it's just a lower, and it's attaching an upper, combined with whats on the lower that makes it a rifle or pistol. I repeated for clarification and yes it was fine. The key being it can't have ever been attached to an upper with the stock in place, to be safe I also make sure my FFL doesn't mistakenly transfer it as a rifle.
Again I wouldn't take my word for it either, feel free to call yourself. Yet that's exactly how the ATF explained it to me. If you want the dealers name who sells them as pistols too email me.
Take care
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Dead on. I was typing my long winded response and didn't see this, yet that was just how explained
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Dead on. I was typing my long winded response and didn't see this, yet that was just how explained
View Quote
Thank you

And you, Sir, have a VERY cool pistol.  There have been a lot of great ideas turned into guns recently.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#45]
You're thinking the same thing I always did. Part of why I sold my Mod 2 stripped lower pistol and did this. A KAC complete lower is sold as a receiver. The stock being on it doesn't make it a rifle receiver until you attach an upper. So if you remove the stock and tube prior to ever attaching an upper it can be a pistol. I found this out because a company who does a good amount of KAC stuff on GB had KAC ambi pistols on their website. I called knowing KAC doesn't sell pistols, but thinking as a dealer maybe he got some lowers without a stock and attached uppers. So I called and he told me how they're transferred and the key is never attaching an upper as thats what classifies it as a rifle, not the stock. Now when it comes to federal prison I don't take anyones word and I called the ATF, or maybe I emailed I can't recall 100%. I asked if I purchase a complete lower receiver, and it's transferred to me as a receiver and has a stock on it. I said can I remove the stock and attach a pistol buffer tube and use it as a pistol. Assuming it has never had an upper receiver attached. There answer was of course confusing at first, going into once a rifle can't be a pistol etc etc, but the bottom line was it's just a lower, and it's attaching an upper, combined with whats on the lower that makes it a rifle or pistol. I repeated for clarification and yes it was fine. The key being it can't have ever been attached to an upper with the stock in place, to be safe I also make sure my FFL doesn't mistakenly transfer it as a rifle.
Again I wouldn't take my word for it either, feel free to call yourself. Yet that's exactly how the ATF explained it to me. If you want the dealers name who sells them as pistols too email me.
Take care
View Quote
Good to know! I had always heard and read if it had a stock on it, it was a rifle. Thank you very much for the clarification! Bad ass pistol by the way!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Erection @ full-mast.
View Quote
Lol

I'm really liking the NF F1, I'm still going to do a side by side comparison with the Mk6 and see which one gets the job.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Lol

I'm really liking the NF F1, I'm still going to do a side by side comparison with the Mk6 and see which one gets the job.
View Quote
Please do. These are the two scopes I'm considering for my K1 clone
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Please do. These are the two scopes I'm considering for my K1 clone
View Quote
It will probably be a couple weeks before I have time to get back out for a proper test but I'll post my findings/impressions.  I don't think you could go wrong with either scope.  I felt like the Leopold left a little to be desired above 15x but admittedly I don't have a lot of time with it so the clarity & eye box issues may not be as big of a concern as I initially thought.

I have a Geissele DRM trigger on the way for it and a KAC taupe A2 grip to replace the Cav Arms that is on there now, other than that I don't think there is anything I'm going to change.  Still on the lookout for the EMC suppressor but I'd probably be more likely to find a unicorn.

I still can't get over how accurate this rifle is with M118LR. I only shot one group with the last 5rds I had but it was a good one

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#50]
If you just have one battery and the rubber thing, the Micro will likely shutoff during recoil. Use two batteries and that should fix the issue. Happened to me until I put two batteries in.
Page / 173
Knights gear thread (Page 98 of 173)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top