Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 129 of 145)
Page / 145
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:

That looks great.
I may have to switch out my lower, to a clone lower.
View Quote

It’s really just going to be a placeholder for now.  I have an 80% lower being engraved with the FN markings.  Once it’s ready to go I’ll be swapping them out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
How are the uppers on the A4's made by FN marked? I have seen some that look they are just square forge and split A with no F. I imagine they are marked m4 on the front but did all the FN M16's have F marked uppers? I just got a killer deal on a Kac M5 ras and  I am finishing up my build.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By OTIS-Driftwood14:
How are the uppers on the A4's made by FN marked? I have seen some that look they are just square forge and split A with no F. I imagine they are marked m4 on the front but did all the FN M16's have F marked uppers? I just got a killer deal on a Kac M5 ras and  I am finishing up my build.
View Quote

M16A4s don't have M4 upper receivers and they do have F FSBs.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

FN uppers are marked with a F or cage code.  I've seen cage codes with raised letters and dot matrix.  The upper will not have a M4 mark as that upper has carbine ramps.  It will be unmarked with rifle ramps to go with the rifle ramped barrel extension of the 20" barrel.

If you use a M4 upper with its carbine ramps and a rifle ramped barrel extension expect about 3% failures to feed.

CD
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTIS-Driftwood14] [#5]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

FN uppers are marked with a F or cage code.  I've seen cage codes with raised letters and dot matrix.  The upper will not have a M4 mark as that upper has carbine ramps.  It will be unmarked with rifle ramps to go with the rifle ramped barrel extension of the 20" barrel.

If you use a M4 upper with its carbine ramps and a rifle ramped barrel extension expect about 3% failures to feed.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CD

Oh, I thought the newer M16's had M4 feed ramps. Good thing I checked on here first. I'll definitely match the feed ramps to the barrel extension, rifle ramps are probably harder to find though. F marked uppers are hard to get, I will probably have to settle for a non marked one. The cage code is probably different than Colt's so a Colt upper wouldn't work. Not to mention Colt Cage code uppers have M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Oh, I thought the newer M16's had M4 feed ramps. Good thing I checked on here first. I'll definitely match the feed ramps to the barrel extension, rifle ramps are probably harder to find though. F marked uppers are hard to get, I will probably have to settle for a non marked one. The cage code is probably different than Colt's so a Colt upper wouldn't work. Not to mention Colt Cage code uppers have M4 feed ramps.
View All Quotes

CD

The confusion is that commercial Colt AR15A4s have M4 feedramps and no F marked FSB.

There are factory FN M16A4 URGs available. Just buy one of those.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#7]
the only URG ill buy is real deal....and boyyyy its nice!

FN

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:32:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTIS-Driftwood14] [#8]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

The confusion is that commercial Colt AR15A4s have M4 feedramps and no F marked FSB.

View Quote

I saw those at a few different sites but they were all out of stock. I really wanted one, I ordered an FN M16 barrel and a Kac M5 ras, so it's too late now. All of a sudden I caught the M16 bug, my clone collection isn't really complete without it. And the M16A4 is a beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#9]
View Quote

View Quote

@OTIS-Driftwood14 may also be confused because he may have seen an FN Military Collector M16A4. While some of them were more correct than others, I know a number of people here reported that at least one batch of the Military Collector rifles came with a Brass Aluminum square forge code on the upper receiver but no "F" marking. The surplus FN uppers are correct, of course, and the vast majority seem to have a stamped F and Cerro keyhole or Brass Aluminum square.

For what it's worth, early FN M16A4s had a raised F on the upper, which I posted photos of here in this thread a while back. Those seem to be unobtainable in the commercial market, but I'm hoping I can find a surplus example some day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTIS-Driftwood14] [#10]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

@OTIS-Driftwood14 may also be confused because he may have seen an FN Military Collector M16A4. While some of them were more correct than others, I know a number of people here reported that at least one batch of the Military Collector rifles came with a Brass Aluminum square forge code on the upper receiver but no "F" marking. The surplus FN uppers are correct, of course, and the vast majority seem to have a stamped F and Cerro keyhole or Brass Aluminum square.

For what it's worth, early FN M16A4s had a raised F on the upper, which I posted photos of here in this thread a while back. Those seem to be unobtainable in the commercial market, but I'm hoping I can find a surplus example some day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

That's exactly it, thanks for clarifying. I saw some F marked uppers in stock somewhere a few weeks ago but can't remember exactly where, maybe Thoroughbred Armament. I wish I would of bought one, but at the time I didn't even plan on building an M16 clone. I'm sure they were not the raised ones though, I think they were 229$.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a fn 20” barrel with m4 feed ramps. Fnmi marked. Would these ramps have been done at factory or by an individual? I put on a fn m4 marked upper and it works fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sleepym4:
I have a fn 20” barrel with m4 feed ramps. Fnmi marked. Would these ramps have been done at factory or by an individual? I put on a fn m4 marked upper and it works fine.
View Quote

What does your barrel extension have?

CD
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#13]

I think it's a m4 extension with m4 upper. Unless if it's a rifle extension that was modified by the previous owner?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#14]
https://i.imgur.com/ye5rrxx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3N9vQzw.jpg

I think it's a m4 extension with m4 upper. Unless if it's a rifle extension that was modified by the previous owner?
View Quote

Those are all m4 ramps.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I have used US Anodizing a couple of times for builds but they're all booked up for now. Who is the "go to" for finish anodizing AFTER to finish an 80% lower in a nice black color?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#16]
https://i.imgur.com/ye5rrxx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3N9vQzw.jpg

View Quote

I have an FN barrel that is M16A4 in every way, BUT it has an M4 extension. The markings (stampings) are identical to yours, but in place of the “FNMI”, it is stamped with the stylized FN logo. I also have an M16A4 barrel that is stamped with FN’s cage code. It, of course, does not have an M4 extension.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone is looking for a USMC marked KAC micro rear sight, email Big Chris.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By officerX:
View Quote

Big Chris?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Big Chris?
View Quote

Shark Arms
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Shark Arms
View Quote

Thanks, how much is he charging?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Thanks, how much is he charging?
View Quote

$108 shipped
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#23]

$108 shipped
View Quote

Thanks, I just sent him a email. Is the sharkarmory556 Gmail the correct email address.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Thanks, I just sent him a email. Is the sharkarmory556 Gmail the correct email address.
View Quote

Yes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#26]
What acog mounts were used by the usmc?

Were the Larue LT681 ACOG mounts ever issued?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:15:33 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I thought it was posted here that all of those were stolen per KAC?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#28]

What's your plan on coating it?

i have a few and don't want to wash out the lettering
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:24:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#29]
Originally Posted By tweeter:

What's your plan on coating it?

i have a few and don't want to wash out the lettering
View Quote

That all depends on the engraver. You need to go deeper to allow for ano to displace about .002.

I like anodizing so I just look around for deals there. If they know what they're doing they can keep it pretty light to preserve the engraving too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:52:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWZ1287] [#30]
Got a kac rear sight on order from shark Arms. Thanks for the heads up, @officerX
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I backordered a ta31rco-a4cp from kenzie's optics, there's no eta though.

I already have the kac rails, and bfg sling.

I should be all set once I receive the ACOG, not sure if I am going to keep the stock mount or try to find a larue LT622.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I backordered a ta31rco-a4cp from kenzie's optics, there's no eta though.

I already have the kac rails, and bfg sling.

I should be all set once I receive the ACOG, not sure if I am going to keep the stock mount or try to find a larue LT622.
View Quote

I think the ACOG is the only thing I lack at this point, besides milling out my 80% lower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#33]

I think the ACOG is the only thing I lack at this point, besides milling out my 80% lower.
View Quote

Yeah, there was one on the EE a couple of days ago, but I didn't get to it in time.
So I just went ahead and ordered it from kenzie's.

Still haven't decided if I want to go with a clone lower or not.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LavaDomane:
I have used US Anodizing a couple of times for builds but they're all booked up for now. Who is the "go to" for finish anodizing AFTER to finish an 80% lower in a nice black color?
View Quote

did you get a lead time? or did they just tell you to go away?
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#36]
My upper parts show up Friday and my psa a4 lower Monday. I plan on getting a m5 from shark and I already have a salty acog. I just have a few questions, what slings are acceptable, and what mag pouch is the closest?
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dark_zero_x:
My upper parts show up Friday and my psa a4 lower Monday. I plan on getting a m5 from shark and I already have a salty acog. I just have a few questions, what slings are acceptable, and what mag pouch is the closest?
View Quote

Mag pouch

Sling
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:27:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#38]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Sweet, thanks. Pics soon!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#40]
LT-799 mount in the EE upper receiver parts - new section

(not mine)
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#41]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

(not mine)
View Quote

Why can’t I find this on LaRue’s site?

Between that one and the GDI mount, which one would be more clone correct?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I don’t believe LaRue sold these to anyone besides the USMC. Someone else will have to answer about which one’s more correct. I got in on GDIs when they were on sale for like $35 a few years ago.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#43]

I don’t believe LaRue sold these to anyone besides the USMC. Someone else will have to answer about which one’s more correct. I got in on GDIs when they were on sale for like $35 a few years ago.
View Quote

I bought a used GDI on the EE a week or 2 ago for $75.  I’ll use it if it’s more clone correct but I am partial to LaRue mounts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Going thru 32 ACOGs (31 ea TA01NSN and 1 ea TA31) yesterday for turnin.  30 had the Aimpoint twin thumbscrew mount and two had the ARMS quick release mount.  These would have been off SOF/TPE M4A1 guns.

CD
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Going thru 32 ACOGs (31 ea TA01NSN and 1 ea TA31) yesterday for turnin.  30 had the Aimpoint twin thumbscrew mount and two had the ARMS quick release mount.  These would have been off SOF/TPE M4A1 guns.

CD
View Quote

Aimpoint mount???
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Aimpoint mount???
View All Quotes

CD

Aimpoint mount???

He's talking about the TA51. Irrelevant though since you seem to be asking about USMC issued mounts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#47]

(not mine)
View Quote

What's the difference between the LT799 and the LT622?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Back in stock!

Trijicon ACOG 4x32 USMC Rifle Combat Optic TA31RCO-A4CP, $1,329

Also here:  Trijicon ACOG 4x32 USMC Rifle Combat Optic TA31RCO-A4CP, $1,329  They allow you to make an offer, like eBay.
View Quote

Has anyone ordered through scope list, how much Lower do they go with the make an offer?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Has anyone ordered through scope list, how much Lower do they go with the make an offer?
View Quote

I made an offer.  IIRC, the link the sent me to buy, was at the regular price (I didn’t buy).

I’m waiting for some other places to get them in.  $1,100 is the lowest price I found, but OOS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#50]

I made an offer.  IIRC, the link the sent me to buy, was at the regular price (I didn’t buy).

I’m waiting for some other places to get them in.  $1,100 is the lowest price I found, but OOS.
View Quote

OK, I will just stick with the backorder I have with kenzie's.

Hopefully they come in stock at kenzie's, being other retailers are getting them back.
Page / 145
M16a4 (clone) picture thread (Page 129 of 145)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top