Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2007 11:59:51 AM EDT
Does anyone know if spikes tactical lowers (lar) are milspec or commercial?  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it's the receiver extension that is going to be milspec or commerical.  Most lowers shoud accept either, then you put a milspec stock on that extension or a commercial stock, to match
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
A little more info.
Spike's lowers accept all milspec parts and will fit a RDIAS.
The one I purchesed with an M4 stock used a commercial size tube.
Hope that answers everything!
Pat
0-1-25
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mine with a Magpul and Spike asked me which Stock I wanted Milspec or comm.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My Spike's lower didn't match perfectly with a Stag upper but it runs 100%.  I have a .mil stock.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
ST-15 lowers are Milspec.

My Vietnam era M16A1 clone; everything except the lower/LPK is USGI. Runs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's mine.  Haven't fired it yet.  Lower is a little picky with some old Parson's Precision black follower mags.  NHMTG and D&H mags drop free along with PMAGs

Link Posted: 6/2/2007 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#8]
They are Mil-Spec.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A little more info.
Spike's lowers accept all milspec parts and will fit a RDIAS.
The one I purchesed with an M4 stock used a commercial size tube.
Hope that answers everything!
Pat
0-1-25

If it will fit a RDIAS, then it is as close to "mil-spec" as you can get, since the proper mil-spec requires the full-auto sear hole.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
just trying to make sure that it will mate up with lmt upper and ubr or sopmod stock.  I'm mainly worried about ordering the correct stock kit.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
just trying to make sure that it will mate up with lmt upper and ubr or sopmod stock.  I'm mainly worried about ordering the correct stock kit.  Thanks for the replies.

Any receiver extention/buffer tube will fit any lower.  You just have to make sure your stock choice will fit your buffer tube.  

Some stocks fit commercial buffer tubes, some fit milspec tubes.  Both tubes will fit any lower receiver.
Link Posted: 6/2/2007 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

it will mate up with the lmt upper no problem, the ubr stock will work no problem. the only thing that might not work is the sopmod, i know he uses both mil-spec and commerical tubes. so your going to have to figure out which one you have. pull you stock body off and look at the end of the tube, if its cut straight its a mil-spec and the sopmod will work just fine, if its cut on an angle its a commerical and the sopmod wont fit but you could always get a magpul ctr for a commerical tube.
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#13]
So what's that milspec number for an AR15 again?

Unless it's got the third hole in it it's not milspec.

It might be manufactured to an M16 milspec, but how are you ever going to really know since they don't release their testing data and show the results.
You can petition Clot or FN via the FOIA and ask for their testing data.
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#14]
your lower can accept both mil-spec and commercial buffer tubes.

you just have to make sure that if you get a mil-spec buffer tube that you get a mil-spec stock, and that if you get a commercial buffer tube that you get a commercial stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top