Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
IDF Clone/KISS Carbine Pics (Page 48 of 87)
Page / 87
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#1]
Had to get out the good camera!

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Simple is good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

great pic , that one should be in the HQ pic thread
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I can understand why you would want to reprofile the barrel for the sake of cloneness, but that is a fricking nice carbine.  For some reason the fat barrel looks all good on there.  And maybe be a bit stiffer too???? If it has an upside??  Although if it's govt' under the handguards (never had a noveske barrel myself) not sure how much of a difference it makes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Paul, it is a sweetie, for sure...5.5 pound rifles are cool, too

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: txfactor] [#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

That may be one of the coolest AR pics I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whitebrad25] [#10]
I really want to build an SBR KISS rifle (*DISCLAIMER - mine has to have a sling and a light).  

Pic request for 10.5" - 11.5" uppers with the FSB and Magpul handguard, preferably.  

I'm looking in the thread but I am pressed for time.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Look in the SBR picture thread in the SBR forum .

View Quote

I am pressed for time today.  Was hoping an owner of a similar build would just post their picture.  I've been through most all of the pic threads but I don't remember looking for this rifle there, so I'll make another sweep when I have time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:28:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hipower90] [#13]
Originally Posted By Whitebrad25:

I am pressed for time today.  Was hoping an owner of a similar build would just post their picture.  I've been through most all of the pic threads but I don't remember looking for this rifle there, so I'll make another sweep when I have time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Aren't we all. Took 12.5 seconds using Google.

Where those pics came from...
https://www.google.com/search?q=ar15+10.5%22+with+magpul+handguard&client=firefox-a&hs=4Gm&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Yq45VMKfI5OzyASsioHYDw&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=611#imgdii=_
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whitebrad25] [#14]
Originally Posted By hipower90:

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/ss243b/Mobile%20Uploads/D6BC5355-470C-41B9-AA0F-906E5E80DC10.jpg
Where that pic came from...
https://www.google.com/search?q=ar15+10.5%22+with+magpul+handguard&client=firefox-a&hs=4Gm&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Yq45VMKfI5OzyASsioHYDw&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=611#imgdii=_
View All Quotes

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/ss243b/Mobile%20Uploads/D6BC5355-470C-41B9-AA0F-906E5E80DC10.jpg
Where that pic came from...

Thanks.  I was driving to work and didn't want to chance surfing the internet.  Plus, I normally don't have access to the internet at work so I was unsure of the timeframe.  Most people are proud to post their rifles so I really didn't see it as being a big deal to ask for a pic request.

I was also asking in this thread because I was looking for a KISS styled SBR with the handguard and FSB....not really any of those pictures match it up and I can't ask google questions about the rifles - opposed to users who post that I can ask about reliability, weight, their preference, etc.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Understand. I continually have to remind myself just how smart Google is. I guess thats just because I'm all old and chit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Stalking through this thread... details on that r629/r630?

I'm new to the KISS/IDF/Retro rifles and I really like those... pinned FH? Barrel length? What kind of FH is that even?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SUPER_6_1:

I'm new to the KISS/IDF/Retro rifles and I really like those... pinned FH? Barrel length? What kind of FH is that even?

Thanks
View All Quotes

Thanks

youd do much better IM'ing the user that posted the pic
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:16:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#18]

Thanks
View All Quotes

Thanks

Not mine but just from the knowledge I've gained in the retro forum those should be 12.76 barrels with pinned "Brick" moderators and grenade rings.

Brick is a member here and sells his repro moderators through GB.

The original rifles had 11.5" barrels but must be a bit longer to get them to 16" when pinned.

Edited for autocorrect.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Who's clamp on gas block?

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like a JP to me.

http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGS-2FS
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Trying to decide between 11.5" and 12.5"....any opinions guys?

Im not looking for info about velocity/dwell time, etc.  

More of a actual usage/and look.  What looks better to you guys, and which feels better, balance wise?

My IDF clone currently is a 14.7 bbl, but I think I'd rather replace it with something shorter(You guys with the IDF SBR's are killing me).  I have two other rifles with 10.X barrels, so I dont want to go that short for this one, but shorter than 14.7"
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:

More of a actual usage/and look.  What looks better to you guys, and which feels better, balance wise?

My IDF clone currently is a 14.7 bbl, but I think I'd rather replace it with something shorter(You guys with the IDF SBR's are killing me).  I have two other rifles with 10.X barrels, so I dont want to go that short for this one, but shorter than 14.7"
View Quote

I've got both.

If I could hit reset I would just go with 12/12.5
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Alright now dammit... This is exactly what I'm going to have to build now for my next build. There is just something about a worn A1 upper with a short carbine barrel and stock...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

I've got both.

View All Quotes

I've got both.

I'm going 12.5 on my next build. Chopping down a SOCOM barrel. Seems to be a great middle ground.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

There's the KISS definition. Nice rifle and nice shot.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#26]

I've got both.

View All Quotes

I've got both.

Beautiful, this is what I wanted to hear!  I think its you, pfran, and alaska that have "persuaded" me to do this
PIC thread:  Im planning to strip this barrel out of the upper and replace with a 12.5" soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Beautiful, this is what I wanted to hear!  I think its you, pfran, and alaska that have "persuaded" me to do this

PIC thread:  Im planning to strip this barrel out of the upper and replace with a 12.5" soon.

http://i61.tinypic.com/257g4m9.jpg
View All Quotes

I've got both.

http://i61.tinypic.com/257g4m9.jpg

You won't regret it! I took my decked out CQBR and the IDF to the range the other day and could not believe how much weight we've stacked on to the carbine in the last 40 years. Everyone thought the CQBR was cool but they all wanted to handle and shoot the IDF.

Build update:

I took the Noveske 12.5" N4 FSB off, purchased a 20" McKay M16A1 barrel and had everything shipped to John Thomas (Retro Arms Works). I like the IDF so much I decided to "do it right" ...except I didn't want a 1:12 twist rate so I opted for the 1:7 twist provided by the McKay.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#28]
^haha I know what you mean, my favorite thing to do is shoot a few mags out of the suppressed cqbr then pick up the IDF rifle, it's like a feather.

Are you having the 20" cut down?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a nice discussion with an old college roommate if I should get a yhm qd mount for the 12".

Decided that it would ruin the overall balance and fun of it, so it shall remain unsuppressed.

I did order a couple of things that will deviate from the spirit of the IDF carbine and more towards the modern A1 theme, but it's easily changed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#30]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

You won't regret it! I took my decked out CQBR and the IDF to the range the other day and could not believe how much weight we've stacked on to the carbine in the last 40 years. Everyone thought the CQBR was cool but they all wanted to handle and shoot the IDF.

Build update:

I took the Noveske 12.5" N4 FSB off, purchased a 20" McKay M16A1 barrel and had everything shipped to John Thomas (Retro Arms Works). I like the IDF so much I decided to "do it right" ...except I didn't want a 1:12 twist rate so I opted for the 1:7 twist provided by the McKay.
View Quote

I did the same thing.  Took 4 guys out there, and they all preferred the little old school IDF over the heavy ass CQBR.  Of course, I have that little BRT linear on the 12.5 as well, so it is FAR less obnoxious to shoot than that 10.3 with the NT4 hider.  ADCO did such a good job on the gas port, and the felt recoil is minimal, even with that rifle only weighing 5.5 pounds.

At first I regretted how much I had spent putting it together, and now I am getting ready to Form 1 another Mega lower, and build a 11.5 just like it
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm on my phone right now so I couldn't get his pic, but wildcat posted a pic on either page 76 or 77, can anyone tell me what barrel length that is
It's got some graffiti in the background, and the rifle and pic is a real piece if artwork.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm on my phone right now so I couldn't get his pic, but wildcat posted a pic on either page 76 or 77, can anyone tell me what barrel length that is
It's got some graffiti in the background, and the rifle and pic is a real piece if artwork.
View Quote

Now you know why I am building another in 11.5
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

That settles it, Im doing an 11.5"
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#35]
11.5" bcm upper on its way....to be stripped down and retrofitted with "old" parts

Just curious guys, what are the "izzy" uppers, and are 11.5" A1 uppers actually issued to the IDF?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Not exactly IDF, but definitely KISS

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]
11.5" bcm upper on its way....to be stripped down and retrofitted with "old" parts

Just curious guys, what are the "izzy" uppers, and are 11.5" A1 uppers actually issued to the IDF?
View Quote

someone will be along to correct me, but most of the "short" ones are actually 13-13.5" cut down 20" A1's.

IIRC its all dependent on the specific armorer, so you will see 10.5" - 14.5" out there. The beauty of an IDF style carbine, is that most variations have existed as an issue rifle, even if it is a sample of one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
The short IDF barrels were ~12.6" (13" with muzzle device installed).
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

That will be my next build.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Hopefully someone will start making A1 / C7 uppers again.  

View Quote

Like these?

http://www.dpmsinc.com/A1-Upper-Receiver-Stripped_p_249.html
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Backordered but great stuff.

http://nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Since I'm having a barrel cut down, I should request 12.6"?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#43]
for those wanting the look to use with an existing a3 receiver, there is always this

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#44]

someone will be along to correct me, but most of the "short" ones are actually 13-13.5" cut down 20" A1's.

IIRC its all dependent on the specific armorer, so you will see 10.5" - 14.5" out there. The beauty of an IDF style carbine, is that most variations have existed as an issue rifle, even if it is a sample of one.
View All Quotes

You nailed it. I'm sure there were some armorer specifications, but since they were likely in Hebrew, I wouldn't know them if I saw a page. I would love to buy one of those short 607ish FHs they use BTW. I'll look for pics. A member here sent me some close ups but I don't know what I did with them.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By XDm525Forty:

Like these?

View All Quotes

Like these?

Just got mine today. Better get'm while ya can. (said the BRD kinda guy).
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Like these?

Third one down on this page is what I used
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Hi guys,
my KISS will be soon finished... 10.3 barrel with C7 receiver and M4 handguards.
I'm looking for a flashlight..
anybody using an Inforce WML mounted at 10-11 o'clock? what mount are you using with the M4 handguards?

thanks
Frens
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Frens:
Hi guys,
my KISS will be soon finished... 10.3 barrel with C7 receiver and M4 handguards.
I'm looking for a flashlight..
anybody using an Inforce WML mounted at 10-11 o'clock? what mount are you using with the M4 handguards?

thanks
Frens
View Quote

I have a WML and find it to be a good light for the price. Mine is not mounted to my KISS rifle, though. I would opt for a simple tube bodied light combined with a mount from IWC were I to add a light to the standard handguards. The reason being to reduce bulk. I haven't seen any systems that add rails to the handguards, let alone 45 degree rails, that I'm in love with.

If you're set on it, you could try the TRM3 from CAA. Some personal modification may reduce unnecessary bulk whist still providing what you need. Or add a rail @ 12 and mount a Thorntail.

My $.02...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#49]
put some paint on her

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By txfactor:
put some paint on her

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pt5MP9" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3936/15402685618_fb58df15ac_b.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks pretty good.
Page / 87
IDF Clone/KISS Carbine Pics (Page 48 of 87)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top