BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 219
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#1]
ALL BEAUTIFUL SETUPS !!

Being "virgin" to the board, would someone share what the letters RECCE stand for?

Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By 1962guy:
ALL BEAUTIFUL SETUPS !!

Being "virgin" to the board, would someone share what the letters RECCE stand for?

Thanks in advance....

It's just short for reconnaissance.
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Hokie – Thanks for the explanation, that all makes perfect sense. As you note, each situation is different. Each person needs to evaluate their own needs and intended use and then setup their weapon accordingly. Sounds like you nailed it for your purpose.

(and that 5.56MM TAP is some sweet ammo too! Nice trade. I should have bought more of it when I had the chance )

1962guy - RECCE is slang for Reconnaissance. Basically just another way to refer to a “recon” rifle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
my take on it.  Was hitting 8x8 targets out to 300yds with black hills blue box 52gr all day......(also wears a new ctr stock on it now rather than the clanky ass m4

Link Posted: 3/20/2007 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been tweaking this setup for a while now. I just mounted the TA33 and she is pretty much done.

RRA lower w/ 2 stage trigger
Magpul CTR stock, trigger guard, MIAD grip
Vltor receiver ext.
Vltor sling plate

Vltor MUR upper rec.
Noveske 16" Recon bbl
DD 9.0 Lite rail
Vltor gas block
Smith Vortex FH
Troy BUIS
Trijicon TA33R8 w/ Larue mount
Young Manuf. bolt carrier

Link Posted: 3/20/2007 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Had this one for awhile now and am tweaking the configuration slightly... considering going from a single-point to a VCAS and adding a can:

Link Posted: 3/20/2007 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By mtdawg169:
I've been tweaking this setup for a while now. I just mounted the TA33 and she is pretty much done.

RRA lower w/ 2 stage trigger
Magpul CTR stock, trigger guard, MIAD grip
Vltor receiver ext.
Vltor sling plate

Vltor MUR upper rec.
Noveske 16" Recon bbl
DD 9.0 Lite rail
Vltor gas block
Smith Vortex FH
Troy BUIS
Trijicon TA33R8 w/ Larue mount
Young Manuf. bolt carrier

i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/mtdawg169/100_0604.jpg

i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/mtdawg169/100_0603.jpg

you didnt even take a picture with the door open to show off your sweet chrome carrier?
sweet rig
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Noveske Recon with 13.2 LaRue

Link Posted: 3/20/2007 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By stretch415:
you didnt even take a picture with the door open to show off your sweet chrome carrier?
sweet rig

Thanks!

I realized that as I was typing up the parts list It's in there though! I'm not much on posing the pictures. That one is just laying on my garage floor. Heck, I'm lucky my feet aren't in the pic.
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup, mine was built for precision.

Link Posted: 3/20/2007 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By knightsar:
My version of a Reece

img70.imageshack.us/img70/9642/dsc00816largeks5.jpg

STILL one of my favorite Recces on this board.
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice rifles guys... Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
One of these day Ill build one, but just an upper will run you 7-900, then add optics, 300 and up and EXPENSIVE
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By cgv69:

Originally Posted By Saryan:
I only have a couple pics as mine is still in the build up phases. The important stuff is here though.
Lilja Dev Group SPR profile barrel
13.2 Larue on the way to replace 9.0
Young Mfg BC
PRI gasbuster
Larue SPR mount
Knights 2 stage on the way to replace CMK
OPS Inc MB and 12th model in near future.
My scope will be the 2-10 NF
I am also trying to get my hands on either a Colt M4 upper or a Larue Stealth. Cant decide which route yet. I havnt had a real "photoshoot" for it yet so the pics are crappy but they are pics.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/IMG_1858.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_1328.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/100_1330.jpg

Your's sounds like it will end up very similar to the way I hope my (which I am still working on) will end up.

As far as the upper, If you want a Colt M4 receiver and have a C&R license, you can get one from Brownells for about $165. Only problem is the last one I got looked pretty rough. Not a huge deal but if you are interested in another option, DD is making uppers now. They are still milled from forged blanks but I'm thinking (hoping) the QC is a little better then your average CMT upper. Rainier Arms has them for $150 with or without M4 ramps...
www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/fb61746c141884f3eb41c0fd9bbe86d9.jpg

A friend of mine with access to the TDP confirms that DD uppers are within the TDP, and CMTs are not always so...
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Hokie:

Originally Posted By TurnTwo:
Bump

Anymore recent Recce builds?  

re-configured Recce builds count?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Hokie1850/Midlength11b-da.jpg

Damn skippy they count... VERY NICE!
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/20/2007 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By mfingar:
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/mfingar/recce_c.jpg

Very nice weapon Sir.
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I know....I briefly considered sending my gun to him for some professional photos...

but then realized my wife would NEVER go for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
My Recce

Thought I'd posted that already.
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By KevinB:
Damn thats some fine photography -- I am always humbled by your pictures.

I've posted this one before-- but I made some additions after leave so...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Iraq/Recce-Iraq002a.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Iraq/Recce-Iraq006a.jpg

I love a rifle that's PURE function...  I would have to say that is my favorite rifle I've seen on the board...  Hose clamps for light mounts... PRICELESS!  

A++ my friend!

You get 3 out of 3 headbanger dudes...

PS - The Short Dot is the icing  
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]

big +1 that is a sweet rifle
Link Posted: 3/21/2007 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Very nice.  I never get tired of you posting pictures of that rifle.  Keep them coming.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#26]
6.8SPC 16" midlength, LT 12.0. Very handy, shoots where you point it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2007 4:27:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ReadinessHub] [#27]
I wish I had some of those rigs when I was in doing Recce Routes.

When I was in the USAF on Recce routes, we just had M4A1's and the only optics they gave us were binocs...

Though the USAF definition of Recce is to gather information only... only fighting when fired upon and to preserve life and gain a route to safely break contact.
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Guys all these Recces are so nice,but i have a question..are these rifles used in combat.?.i am wanting to build an upper,to go with my m4gery,and according to Wikipedia,they were built in house by seal armorers,but they are no pics.does anyone have any pics of them in use..?.thanks Stump
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By stumppy:
Guys all these Recces are so nice,but i have a question..are these rifles used in combat.?.i am wanting to build an upper,to go with my m4gery,and according to Wikipedia,they were built in house by seal armorers,but they are no pics.does anyone have any pics of them in use..?.thanks Stump

I asked an East Coast SEAL Sniper buddy of mine the same question-because the only "Recce's" I've seen have been "clones". Well, if nobody has ever seen any pics of actual Recce's in use-then what the hell are you "cloning".
I understand "Recce" to be a concept. Most of the rifles you see members build fit that concept very well.

I received this email response from my buddy regarding the Recce. Apparently the actual Recce's are whole lot simpler than some of the fancy stuff you see posted and they don't call them Recce's.

The RECCE rifle as I understand it was our (NSW) version of the SPR. It came about through various channels, mostly guys just tricking out M4's for Helo sniper stuff or otherwise. We had a Low power Leupold variable that was available for a while that was tweaked by premier. The actual Recce was used by NSWDG for a while and they still have all sorts of differant rifle configurations. Most all our stuff uses Knights rails and (at least to start with) Obermeyer barrels. As for the barrels, if Boots can't keep up then Crane will slap just about anything on there. Knights stuff is used because we have contracts and make Reed rich, not cause it's the best. As for barrel lentgh, I think most configs havea 16 inch barrel. The idea is just an acurrate light weight M4 wit ha low power variable. Nothing too special really.

Link Posted: 3/25/2007 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By vmpglenn:

www.visuality.com/personal/6_8/68_lt12.jpg

Flippin' fantastic!
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#31]
height=8
Originally Posted By Lawman734:
height=8

I asked an East Coast SEAL Sniper buddy of mine the same question-because the only "Recce's" I've seen have been "clones". Well, if nobody has ever seen any pics of actual Recce's in use-then what the hell are you "cloning".
I understand "Recce" to be a concept. Most of the rifles you see members build fit that concept very well.

I received this email response from my buddy regarding the Recce. Apparently the actual Recce's are whole lot simpler than some of the fancy stuff you see posted and they don't call them Recce's.

height=8
The RECCE rifle as I understand it was our (NSW) version of the SPR. It came about through various channels, mostly guys just tricking out M4's for Helo sniper stuff or otherwise. We had a Low power Leupold variable that was available for a while that was tweaked by premier. The actual Recce was used by NSWDG for a while and they still have all sorts of differant rifle configurations. Most all our stuff uses Knights rails and (at least to start with) Obermeyer barrels. As for the barrels, if Boots can't keep up then Crane will slap just about anything on there. Knights stuff is used because we have contracts and make Reed rich, not cause it's the best. As for barrel lentgh, I think most configs havea 16 inch barrel. The idea is just an acurrate light weight M4 wit ha low power variable. Nothing too special really.

so is it to say that the recce came before the spr..?. or durring the devlopement of the spr through the army SF community.thanks for the help..Stump
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#32]

so is it to say that the recce came before the spr..?. or durring the devlopement of the spr through the army SF community.thanks for the help..Stump

I believe after the SPR, when the Mk12 Mod1 wasn't exactly what some guys were looking for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]
The Recce was first. The SPR apparently came from the Army's desire for Recces. They took the concept too far, and it wasn't a Recce anymore.
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/25/2007 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Man, that is frickin' beautiful...
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 3:12:20 AM EDT
[#36]
ok i have one more question,in my futher research,a recce was a upper that was added to the team members kit,that was configured to his liking.so to say that a 16"er,with a ops inc. muzzel brake ,ff railed handgaurd,low pro gas block,larue spr-e mount, leupold 1.5-5x20, flip up front and rear sights,all on a lower with the newer 6 pos colt stock wouldnt be out of the ball park ..would it..thanks..Stump
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#37]

ok i have one more question,in my futher research,a recce was a upper that was added to the team members kit,that was configured to his liking.so to say that a 16"er,with a ops inc. muzzel brake ,ff railed handgaurd,low pro gas block,larue spr-e mount, leupold 1.5-5x20, flip up front and rear sights,all on a lower with the newer 6 pos colt stock wouldnt be out of the ball park ..would it..thanks..Stump

I'd say that's sitting somewhere between second and third base.

Sounds like a nice setup, and the Leupy will work great in the SPR-E if you are a NTCH shooter.
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#38]
My view of Recce.

MN
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#39]

I'd say that's sitting somewhere between second and third base.

Sounds like a nice setup, and the Leupy will work great in the SPR-E if you are a NTCH shooter.

Mine worked perfectly NTCH using a 1.5
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By M4A2_L073754:
My view of Recce.

www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/picture_library/Whisper/recon/reccelmt.jpg

MN

that is pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2007 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#41]
height=8
height=8

I'd say that's sitting somewhere between second and third base. he

roger that..i would like to have a vltor or lmt,but i have 4 kids..lmao...so another upper seems a better way to spend my money right now..my m4gery can hold 2.5" groups @ 100 yards,on an eotech with the rra 6 pos stock..thanks guys you have been a gerat deal of help.o also how do i post pics of my m4gery..?,and my recce upper when im done with her..thanks..Stump
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By mfingar:

Flippin' fantastic!

Thats an accurate assessment sir!
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 12:35:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EvilBert] [#43]
Here are my two REESE types...

Link Posted: 3/31/2007 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#44]
what good is a recce without kifaru

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 4:09:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey KEvinB you wouldnt happen to have anymore pics of that kac 16" recce would would you..with the 6 pos m4 stock..thanks abunch..Stump
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#46]
I have been waiting the last three months for all the money and parts to finally get in, but it was well worth the wait. I get to sight in the new sights Saturday and I will try and get better pics then.
Still to come is the RRA 2-stage trigger and probably a better stock.
before

After
This is my setup minus the bipod for the pic.

Link Posted: 4/13/2007 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By M4A2_L073754:
My view of Recce.

www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/picture_library/Whisper/recon/reccelmt.jpg

MN

Damn dude, how'd you get that front KAC Flip?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0612Devil] [#48]
Took some pics in crappy lighting.  Don't know if this rifle counts...

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By yahkohb:
what good is a recce without kifaru

+1

here's mine a couple days after paint:

Link Posted: 5/6/2007 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I couldn't decide whether I wanted a precision type recce, or a do it all type recce.  So, over the past few months I put these two together.

Page / 219
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top