[#1]
Don't know if this fits...
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:
Don't know if this fits...http://a67.tinypic.com/mt0d4y.jpg
View Quote
It fits brother.  It fits. Love me some BCM KMR.  

Ditch that awful stock though Holmes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:32:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#3]
What you talking bout awful.  CAR stock has it's charms.

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:11:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HamCat] [#5]
I know I'm probably chasing ghosts at this point but does anyone know a good place to find a Wilcox Docter mount for Nightforce rings (the one that is clone correct). I've done Google, Armslist, Gunbroker, Ebay, Armslist WTB, EE WTB, EE WTS. I even contacted Wilcox to see if they would make one but they would not. Anybody know where else to look?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HamCat:
I know I'm probably chasing ghosts at this point but does anyone know a good place to find a Wilcox Docter mount for Nightforce rings (the one that is clone correct). I've done Google, Armslist, Gunbroker, Ebay, Armslist WTB, EE WTB, EE WTS. I even contacted Wilcox to see if they would make one but they would not. Anybody know where else to look?
View Quote
Sometimes gun shows will have dealers with stuff like that.  You may run into things you weren't expecting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Sometimes gun shows will have dealers with stuff like that.  You may run into things you weren't expecting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Originally Posted By HamCat:
Good idea - Got a few coming up near me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
Recce and Mod 0 fit in a Pelican 1750 perfectly.

https://i.imgur.com/6VDWMbZ.jpg
View Quote
Legit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Took the wife and the SR15 and SR16 out to the range to focus on accuracy today. Was getting about 3.5 MOA on the SR15 Legacy w/ M193. Geissele SDE is coming soon as the ALG QMS felt like it was inhibiting the potential. About 4.5 moa with the SR16 but the Leupold VX6 reticle lines are a bit thick for shooting super tight groups imo. I'm in love with the NF 2.5-10x24.

Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Any of you fine gentleman have or seen pictures of using a KAC RAS FF w/ a Ballistic Advantage 16" SPR barrel, or any other 16" barrel that has the contour for the Ops Inc Brake and Collar.. Just trying to start a 16" version of the MK12 Mod 1 Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:
Any of you fine gentleman have or seen pictures of using a KAC RAS FF w/ a Ballistic Advantage 16" SPR barrel, or any other 16" barrel that has the contour for the Ops Inc Brake and Collar.. Just trying to start a 16" version of the MK12 Mod 1 Thanks in advance
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
https://i.imgur.com/KcjWmMy.jpg
View All Quotes
Damn that's sexy..
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:39:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#14]
If ONLY I can get a more detail/close-up of the side by side picture lol.. That's some A1 sauce..
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 6:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#15]

If ONLY I can get a more detail/close-up of the side by side picture lol.. That's some A1 sauce..
View Quote
These are the only pics like that I have.  I built that about 3-4 years ago before we knew a lot about the 15. whatever recce.  The guys building those are making some of the coolest rifles out there in my opinion, well minus the Holland which is the coolest.  If I had to do it over again with what I know now I would have adco cut the barrel so the suppressor is flush with the kac rail

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By chenault:
These are the only pics like that I have.  I built that about 3-4 years ago before we knew a lot about the 15. whatever recce.  The guys building those are making some of the coolest rifles out there in my opinion, well minus the Holland which is the coolest.  If I had to do it over again with what I know now I would have adco cut the barrel so the suppressor is flush with the kac rail

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3463_zpstnho8ly3-297424.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3459_zpsxqnkocu8-297425.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3461_zpsav2l3iva-297426.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3458_zpsuoqlqhmj-297427.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3463_zpstnho8ly3-297424.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3459_zpsxqnkocu8-297425.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3461_zpsav2l3iva-297426.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340785/IMG_3458_zpsuoqlqhmj-297427.JPG
Majority of the guys here Loves the Can flush with the rail look huh.. I guess I'm the opposite lol.. I like a little gap in between
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Majority of the guys here Loves the Can flush with the rail look huh.. I guess I'm the opposite lol.. I like a little gap in between
View Quote
And  that's what it's all about, building the one you like.  I look forward to the build
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#19]
And  that's what it's all about, building the one you like.  I look forward to the build
View All Quotes

What barrel are you running on the 16" w/ KAC rail..?? BA..??
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
High Caliber Sales Douglas barrel

Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
https://imgur.com/a/UoRdr
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Okay that's it.. I'm putting my Centurion Arms MK12 Barrel up for sale lol.. ONLY 200rds down the pipe anyone interested, will also throw in a short collar for free if purchased
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Compass Lake
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Shorty Mod1s are so sick.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Shorty Mod1s are so sick.
View Quote
I agree
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#27]
So I just put in an order for the Douglas Barrel on Compass Lake site, how fast is the shipping..?? Looking forward to putting it together once it arrives, but I have no patience lmao
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#28]
So I just put in an order for the Douglas Barrel on Compass Lake site, how fast is the shipping..?? Looking forward to putting it together once it arrives, but I have no patience lmao
View Quote
Did you get 1/7 or 1/8 twist?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
1/7..
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#30]

1/7..
View Quote
Good man
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
Yep.  Just yep.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

You're muzzle device is upside down.
View Quote
HA!!!

Not any more.

LOL
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:45:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZgun4runner] [#34]
Got my Reece build to the range today to sight in the irons. No issues at all it ran like a beast. Grouped well with 55g PMC at 25 yards. Ringing steel at 300 yards no problem. My Aero front pin is a little tall and needs to be replaced or filed down a little but is zeroed ok. Ran 100 rounds threw it to do a good test of the rifle and heat up the barrel.  The Faxon 16" Socom barrel is showing no poi shift when hot and is promising to be very accurate. Im liking the Weapontech Punisher comp there is next to no mussel flip and recoil is very soft. Even the PSA buffer spring is very quiet more so than my BCM buffer kit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's my continued project of a 16" Mk12 Mod wanna-be. Now it has a refurbished Vortex PST 2.5-10x44 with the EBR-1 Mil reticle. Got it from A&A optics for $400. One day I'll get a correct Leupold or Nightforce, but today is not that day. Still need to get a Geissele SSA too.

Here is my personal take on the recce concept. Aero M4e1 complete upper and lower, with a SWFA 1-4. I know some people don't like the Aero hand guards because they're so big, but I love it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Cannibalized my Colt 6920 and put this together.

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#38]
That fuckin' UBR had to go.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:
https://i.imgur.com/owhpYzO.jpg
View Quote
NICE.. Due to the Hurricane and Delays, my Mod 1 Shorty is not finished
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By samuse:
That fuckin' UBR had to go.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/278546/IMG_1523_JPG-306021.jpg
View Quote
Bravo. Never understood the appeal of that stock, or most others for that matter. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Bravo. Never understood the appeal of that stock, or most others for that matter. 
View Quote
What stock do you like?  I had a dream last night that I bought a real SOPMOD.  LOL.  I'm not sure I like that it makes you tilt your head.  I have the bravo and it's OK but sometimes that bugs me.  I'm back to waffle stocks and A1's and my only ones I really like.  I might try a MOE milspec.  But I tried a commercial one on one of my lowers and I didn't like it.  I'm thinking the milspec might be a bit different as it's a little bit shorter........  I like how they look and I like that the bottom is solid.  Like a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't beat me up fellas, but I'm just curious lol.. will an ACE Stock look good on a Mod 1 Shorty..?? any pictures floating around..??
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I think they're ugly.  But they look good in the milspec / clone type way.   The first article I read a long time ago in SOF mag about the military producing an "SPR" had a ACE stock on it.  With the ARMS rail.  If my memory serves me it looked kind of like Haleys rifle with an ACE stock.   I should try and dig that issue out sometime.  I have a stack of SOF mags in my basement.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I think they're ugly.  But they look good in the milspec / clone type way.   The first article I read a long time ago in SOF mag about the military producing an "SPR" had a ACE stock on it.  With the ARMS rail.  If my memory serves me it looked kind of like Haleys rifle with an ACE stock.   I should try and dig that issue out sometime.  I have a stack of SOF mags in my basement.
View Quote
Just did a quick search, saw 2 or so pictures with the Ace Socom but they had Im guessing 15" rails, iono but it kinda throws it off =\ Guess the Socom just belongs on the Holland haha
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

What stock do you like?  I had a dream last night that I bought a real SOPMOD.  LOL.  I'm not sure I like that it makes you tilt your head.  I have the bravo and it's OK but sometimes that bugs me.  I'm back to waffle stocks and A1's and my only ones I really like.  I might try a MOE milspec.  But I tried a commercial one on one of my lowers and I didn't like it.  I'm thinking the milspec might be a bit different as it's a little bit shorter........  I like how they look and I like that the bottom is solid.  Like a fixed stock.
View Quote
Man the SOPMOD is at the very TOP of my list. After that, I'd have to say the CTR, and then the N4-marked CAR stocks simply based on OG GWOT cloney purposes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Man the SOPMOD is at the very TOP of my list. After that, I'd have to say the CTR, and then the N4-marked CAR stocks simply based on OG GWOT cloney purposes.
View Quote
Ihavet the str on an ar 10 and a b5 systems sopmod on an ar 15. this type is by far my favorite
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Can I play?

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
You're making me want to try a sopmod.....  But I think I'm definitely going to retry a CTR.  I might just go with the MOE though...
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Sopmod and CTR all the way.. I've tried every other stock before always finding myself back with the Sopmod.. You know what I think Ima go get me a CTR just for the heck of it lol, Oh so slowly getting parts for the Holland..
Page / 219
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top