[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jormungandr:
http://i.imgur.com/fpnCYUq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NrtWcDj.jpg

fresh paint for it.

waiting on a can and bipod.
View Quote
Did u use the sponge method for the paint?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Love it
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By col_hapablap:

Did u use the sponge method for the paint?
View Quote
yes
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Recce progress, still need the ops/AE brake and thread protector, buis and optics/mount. Glad with the way it turned out so far. Most parts for the build are used, procured on the EE. One man's trash is another man's treasure build you can say. Thank you all for this great thread, learned a lot reading through all the comments posted here helped a lot with the build.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By prodigy808:
Recce progress, still need the ops/AE brake and thread protector, buis and optics/mount. Glad with the way it turned out so far. Most parts for the build are used, procured on the EE. One man's trash is another man's treasure build you can say. Thank you all for this great thread, learned a lot reading through all the comments posted here helped a lot with the build.

https://s23.postimg.org/yui2fdm4r/IMG_1806.jpg
View Quote
Lookin' good so far
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By prodigy808:

https://s23.postimg.org/yui2fdm4r/IMG_1806.jpg
View Quote
really lovely so far. 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
doing some reconfiguring, testing some idears
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bones360:
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/Mjmiller460/image_zpsy3tmtrnk.jpg
View Quote
Digging that H
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
RECCE got new glass (NF 1-4x24 with FC3G to replace mildot reticle) and paint this week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Petes1552:
Digging that H
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/Mjmiller460/image_zpsy3tmtrnk.jpg
Digging that H
+1

Good looking stick.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Reece is under way.
Waiting on the FF ras to show up to assemble the upper. So far I have the following;
14.5 middy
Asr FH
Specwar-k
KAC FF ras
Gen Juan sopmod
Geiselle SSA-e
Optic will be shared from the mod1 until I can decide what 1-4 I want. I would love a NF, but funds are sort of tight until the purchase of a new house is settled.
There is a vortex 1-4 on mark down at the local cabelas I may snag and throw in arms medium rings for now.
Any input on an optic would be great.
Rifle is really just a fun left over parts build besides the FF ras. Will be used to hunt dogs and such in Idaho and some steel banging at the local range.
Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#16]
Originally Posted By Chincy:
Reece is under way.
Waiting on the FF ras to show up to assemble the upper. So far I have the following;
14.5 middy
Asr FH
Specwar-k
KAC FF ras
Gen Juan sopmod
Geiselle SSA-e
Optic will be shared from the mod1 until I can decide what 1-4 I want. I would love a NF, but funds are sort of tight until the purchase of a new house is settled.
There is a vortex 1-4 on mark down at the local cabelas I may snag and throw in arms medium rings for now.
Any input on an optic would be great.
Rifle is really just a fun left over parts build besides the FF ras. Will be used to hunt dogs and such in Idaho and some steel banging at the local range.
Thanks gents.
View Quote
Vortex Gen II 1-6's popping up on the hide here and there not sure what your budget is. Was going to go low end variable but went with NF 2.5-10x32 for my build. NF 1-4 would be sweet though. Good luck on the build mane.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
RECCE got new glass (NF 1-4x24 with FC3G to replace mildot reticle) and paint this week.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/165125/IMG-1079-207108.JPG
View Quote
Love the bottom rifle
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: williamec] [#19]

Finally took the plunge and put a magnified optic and a comp on my main carbine. Man, I love this rifle.

Details:
Colt LE6920MPS
Vortex PST 1-4x Scope with Aero Precision Mount
SLR Rifleworks Ion Lite 13.7” rail
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Precision Armament AFAB compensator
Magpul MBUS backup sights
Magpul MOE grip and M-lok MVG
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:30:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#20]
Augee's old MRE setup would've made Bob Horrigan proud.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Augee's old MRE setup would've made Bob Horrigan proud.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111561/IMG-3929-209392.JPG
View Quote
That had the 249F/NT4 mount right?  Man what I'd give for one of those
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#22]
That thing is shit hot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

Love the bottom rifle
View Quote
Thanks, she's my pride and joy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:
That thing is shit hot.
View Quote
So's yours.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#25]

So's yours.
View Quote
I broke it down and sold it last year :(

I'll have another one of these days
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

I broke it down and sold it last year :(

I'll have another one of these days
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#27]
As awesome as it gets. Too bad KAC gear has gone nuts with $600-$200 rails, gas blocks, etc.

Last weekend Quintin and I went to Talladega CMP range. Shot my recce build at 100, 200, 300, and 600 yards with the AEM 5 for the first time. Really pleased with the results. If you are anywhere close to driving range of the CMP Talladega I highly suggest going.

@Quintin ripping it at 200

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I know, I know.  I'm still sad, but priorities are priorities :/  Luckily, I hung onto the actually rare items I tracked down.  I never got an MRE-B, but I do have the KAC low-pro PEQ-2a mount
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never had a thing for the MRE until I saw Augee's stick. Thing is perfect, honestly. Couldn't think of a better configuration for it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Shit fellas, the MRE is the only FF RAS I don't have; would kill for an MRE/B. 
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Shit fellas, the MRE is the only FF RAS I don't have; would kill for an MRE/B. 
View Quote
Jealous of your collection then! I have a second long FF RAS in route to me, gonna build a reece with it. But debating selling the Leupy to fund a NF 2.5-10x24 for it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#33]

My RECCE-ish Setup.  Gun is 6 years old now but only about 1000 rounds through it. Had a 4 year break from any range time because of a lack of a decent range close to my new home, among other things going on.  Finally have a 500 yard range within an hours drive, so I started getting a few things updated on this one for a dedicated RECCE type role.  Still need a better trigger, but as is I can easily get 2" @ 100 yds with M262, and steel minute of man very easily from 200 yds out to 500 yds.  Been getting my control back over the last three weekends at the range so groups are beginning to tighten up even more.  

PSA Premium M4 (6 years old now) - CHF 16" CL Barrel by FN Carbine Gas
BCM H2 Buffer
Magpul UBR Stock
Troy Delta Drop-In Rail (they say this is a free float drop in on their site....but..)
Primary Arms 3x Fixed Prism ACSS Reticle
Hogue Grip
DD Vert Foregrip
Harris Bi-pod
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Because I cant think straight, the xtreme duty, standard, and ultralite NF rings are all compatible with the Wilcox mount correct?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay, guys. I have a technical question that only you guys might be able to answer. I've been playing with the idea of building an almost exact clone of the SEAL Recon Rifle but rather than using the 17" Lilja with Carbine gas, have a 20" rifle gas Lilja cut down to 17". Now the question is you think there's enough barrel length to mount the AEM brake and short collar on there without contacting the gas block? Thought maybe one of you guys might be able to mock it up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Temper:
Okay, guys. I have a technical question that only you guys might be able to answer. I've been playing with the idea of building an almost exact clone of the SEAL Recon Rifle but rather than using the 17" Lilja with Carbine gas, have a 20" rifle gas Lilja cut down to 17". Now the question is you think there's enough barrel length to mount the AEM brake and short collar on there without contacting the gas block? Thought maybe one of you guys might be able to mock it up.
View Quote
Give ADCO a call. They can work magic.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:08:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Temper] [#37]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Give ADCO a call. They can work magic.
View Quote
It's possible but it's going to look janky and I'm going to have to remove some material from the gas block journal to accommodate the collar. Just going to sell the Lilja and get a Bison 16" SPR barrel for my Recon rifle build.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#38]

It's possible but it's going to look janky and I'm going to have to remove some material from the gas block journal to accommodate the collar. Just going to sell the Lilja and get a Bison 16" SPR barrel for my Recon rifle build.
View Quote
BA barrels are solid and this price is just plain stupid cheap

BA 16" Ops contour
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jormungandr:
http://i.imgur.com/fpnCYUq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NrtWcDj.jpg

fresh paint for it.

waiting on a can and bipod.
View Quote
Thats's (.) (.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Should be doable. I had a 18" Lilja cut to 16" and contoured for the ops. Look at pictures of a mk mod 1 to see if there is enough room, you may need an extra short collar, a custome collar is included in the profiling price from ADCO
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Temper] [#41]

BA 16" Ops contour
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

BA 16" Ops contour
Yeah, that barrel is tempting but I don't think I'm going to be too happy about it accuracy wise. I already have a 14.5 middy that can shoot 1-1.5MOA. I want this rifle to be a .75MOA shooter or better which is why I got the Lilja in the first place. I think the Bison 16" SPR barrel might be a good compromise between the BA and ponying up 400 bucks for a Noveske or HCS Recon barrel which I'd rather put towards a Nightforce.

Originally Posted By Mblades:

Should be doable. I had a 18" Lilja cut to 16" and contoured for the ops. Look at pictures of a mk mod 1 to see if there is enough room, you may need an extra short collar, a custome collar is included in the profiling price from ADCO
Yeah, it's doable but I'd rather not deal with the hassle of it all only to have a rifle I might have to troubleshoot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife's rifle is severely suffering from RECCE fever and wants to join. It's hard to polish a turd but we'll manage. So far since I took this photo we traded the 2x ACOG for a Leupold MK4 MRT 1.5-5. Very shortly my wife will have a RECCE to rival the others in the family

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Bob Horrigan. Just a recon man doing recon shit. RIP, sir.

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Rip.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Bob Horrigan. Just a recon man doing recon shit. RIP, sir.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/FullSizeRender%202_zpssr5prpku.jpg
View Quote
Hadn't seen that picture before.

I was lucky to score a rifle length FF RAS from the last go around. I'm going to use it to replace the mid length and then clone your sweet mini recce, redi mag and all. I just have to decide on an optic, I want to find a short dot but I may use the NF 2.5-10x24 that is on the 16" now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Hadn't seen that picture before.

I was lucky to score a rifle length FF RAS from the last go around. I'm going to use it to replace the mid length and then clone your sweet mini recce, redi mag and all. I just have to decide on an optic, I want to find a short dot but I may use the NF 2.5-10x24 that is on the 16" now.
View Quote
I stole it from trolliver_queen's IG page.

Build sounds awesome. Have you seen @cjwwd2's new build? Go check the mini-recce thread. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Larue barreled mod 1 inspired recce. Trying out the A1 but will most likely revert back to my CTR's. Still need a muzzle break and kac rear buis...

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Larue barreled mod 1 inspired recce. Trying out the A1 but will most likely revert back to my CTR's. Still need a muzzle break and kac rear buis...
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/Mjmiller460/image_zpsikz6brep.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/Mjmiller460/image_zpshqkamelb.jpg
View Quote
CTR or SOPMOD would be perfect on that thing. I nearly went this route before I snagged a medium FF RAS.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helojumper2001] [#49]
Turned my mod 1 into a recce and couldn't be happier. 

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Helojumper2001:
Turned my mod 1 into a recce and couldn't be happier. 

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah74/helojumper2001/IMG_3065_zpskiwco9j5.jpg
View Quote
Looks awesome.
Page / 219
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top