Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
KNS pin user.
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/7/2006 10:43:22 AM
You should always check the key screws prior to using a new BC. Stags are not staked properly, so they need to be staked.
Builder of fine parts guns since 1997.

كافر

jdixon22
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/8/2006 12:04:14 PM
I have one that I am sending back also. The front sight base is canted to the right, cannot zero it as sight adjustment is to it's limits and way out of whack. With the top rail empty and looking at it from the rear, the top rail itself is sloped down to the left as compaired to the front sight base.....
fullauto4u
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/8/2006 2:47:53 PM
Did you put this "kit" together yourself ? It looks like the gas key came loose, did you happen to notice if is was properly staked ?
GlocksareGood
Herder of flying squirrels
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/8/2006 6:51:57 PM
No i did not check the staking at the time. I put together two of these builds for friends at the same time. Needless to say I re-staked the second gun before we shot! It's BC had to go back due to it being slick sided. They replaced the BC and sent it back.

Stag fixed the first one but I have not seen seen what they did to it. Hoping to make it down this coming weekend to check out the rifle and re-stake the gas key. I made a staking tool out of an old punch and a grinder. Works very nicely. Stake it from the side and good to go.

Gaston: Where is my Practical Tactical 45?
GiantCarp
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/8/2006 10:00:35 PM
Good luck. I've had the same problem with my stag upper purchased in june. I sent it back to stag, on my dime, and got it back still screwed up. I'm not impressed with stag at all.

Originally Posted By jdixon22:
I have one that I am sending back also. The front sight base is canted to the right, cannot zero it as sight adjustment is to it's limits and way out of whack. With the top rail empty and looking at it from the rear, the top rail itself is sloped down to the left as compaired to the front sight base.....
Page:  / 2
Next Page